A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

You fight like a kitten! [PRIVATE]

Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5513
    Registration date : 2011-11-10

You fight like a kitten! [PRIVATE] Empty You fight like a kitten! [PRIVATE]

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 1/9/2014, 9:18 pm

Astrid hopped into the arena, that was nearly empty in that cold beginning of evening. It was exactly what she needed. She didn't want anyone to see her tearing the training rag dolls to pieces with the best Christmas present she ever got. She wore the gloves with claws and felt her feline spirit reveal itself. She began to stab a training dummy with the sharp tiny daggers in the shape of claws that covered the fingers of the glove, with graceful moves iddentical to the aggressive scratches of a cat. She went into a kind of daze that she always felt during a battle: there was only her and the target in the world, and her only thought was to destroy it. Ignoring the rest of the world, she probably wouldn't notice if someone or something decided to approach her surreptitiously.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1177
    Registration date : 2013-10-23

You fight like a kitten! [PRIVATE] Empty Re: You fight like a kitten! [PRIVATE]

Post by moriarty 1/9/2014, 10:17 pm

I walked into the arena, ukelele in hand. I didn't see anyone there at first, so I sat down in the corner and tuned my ukelele flat. I played a couple of songs, and then notices some movement. I sat up and squinted, and I saw a girl slashing at one of the dummies. Her back was to me. She didn't seem to have a sword or dagger in her hand, so out of curiousity, I walked up to her and, thinking for a moment (something I don't often do) I stopped, walked in front of her, and said "Hi." I noticed she had gloves on her hands, that looked like little claws.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 1/10/2014, 8:19 pm

Astrid was so focused that she didn't turn back not even when somebody began to play a song, until she heard a soft voice coming from somewhere behind her. She suddenly stopped, feeling caught. Please, don't tell Mr D I destroyed his dolls..., she thought as she turned around, feeling her cheeks getting warm as she tried to hide her claws full of stuffing. It was only a girl, a cute girl actually, what made the moment a bit more awkward.  "Hi..." She looked away nervously from the girl's face and stared at the ukelele she was carrying. Then it was her the music source. She was a good player, in fact, but Astrid didn't think it was appropriate to comment that. So she murmured the first think that popped in her mind: "Isn't this a strange place to play music?" She questioned, raising a dark eyebrow with genuine curiosity.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 1/10/2014, 11:00 pm

The girl turned around to face me. She was pretty, a little alternative, but still cute. Her claw-things were full of stuffing from the dummies. The other girl blushed. "Hello. I'm Aurora" I started twisting my hands together and avoiding eye contact. I noticed her look at my ukelele. "Gift from my mom. It's always in tune. It's pretty great." The girl spoke so softly, I almost didn't hear her. "It's a cloudy, wet day. I assumed no one would be here, and it's outdoors, so I can sing as loud as I want." I giggled, then reminded myself to stay cool. I scratched the back of my neck and started tapping the rhythm to one of my songs on the body of the ukelele. My eye's wandered for a moment, trying to find the right note. I hummed a little melody that my dad used to sing to me. I smiled at the bittersweet memory.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 1/11/2014, 6:15 pm

The girl seemed awkward too. That made Astrid feel better enough to talk articulately. "I'm Astrid. Nice to meet." She would have shaken the girl's hand but... Well... "It's a nice ukelele. I always wanted to learn how to play. Definately cooler than a guitar..." Astrid couldn't resist to raise her gloved hands proudly. For a moment, she was a child boasting to have won the best gift. "I got this from my mom, the goddess of cats. Isn't it awesome? I came here right because I thought it was deserted. I don't... like anyone to watch me training." Her voice tone sounded a bit nervous again. Aurora's sweet singing calmed her down in the  following second.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 1/12/2014, 1:45 pm

I felt like I should have shaken her hand, but those gloves... "Well, Astrid, I have an older one back at the cabin if you would like to learn sometime." I smiled. Goddess of Cats. Bassinet? Something like that. I played with my rainbow hair. twisting it and braiding it, like I do when I get nervous. "I, uh, just got back from Olympus. My mom is Mousika, Horai of Music." I didn't mention that I was her only kid, and I was stuck in the "Other Gods" cabin. "Why not? You're quite good." I pulled out the small braid in my hair, and began fishtailing it.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 1/14/2014, 6:13 pm

Astrid smiled sincerely, showing her sharp teeth. "Sounds great." Even though he had never been interested about learning an instrument, in fact, she lied a bit to sound friendly. Music was for bubbly and calm people, as that girl seemed to be, and as Astrid knew she definately wasn't. Her only talent was to fight with the grace of a feline, nothing to be very proud about. Still she felt widely flattered with that simple compliment, and felt and felt compelled to reciprocate. "Really? Thanks! And... I think you're a great musician too." She replied and stared down. Astrid didn't even know that she was able to blush like that. Maybe it was the shyness she often tried to hide. Or maybe all that cuteness was making her a bit uncomfortable.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 1/14/2014, 10:48 pm

Geez. The girl had sharp teeth. I started to reach up, to touch her, then held back. She didn't seem like one to be touched. I smiled when she said she wanted to. I was observant enough to notice that she didn't seem like one to play music. "Well, thank you. It's kinda in my blood." I noticed her stare down and blush. She was really cute when she looked vulnerable. Those claws and piercings made her look a bit unapproachable. I rubbed my temples. Get yourself together Aurora. I looked at her apologetically. "Sorry, just a bit of a headache. So, uh, what do you like to do for fun? I mean, besides tear dummies apart? And don't worry I won't tell anyone." I spouted it all at once, speaking really fast.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 1/16/2014, 12:09 pm

Astrid noticed on the girl a kind of hesitation she knew very well. She was used to leave a bad first impression because she acted like a wild animal, even when she was trying to be kind. In fact, she was like a tamed tiger. And she was really able to get close to people without hurting them. The only problem was that people usually ran away first. Without realizing in, she pulled the gloves out, revealing her delicate hands, with arachnids and pale fingers and long nails painted with peeling black polish. She pulled the gloves inside her bag and looked back at Aurora with a little more confidence. "I like hunting and..." Something normal!, she chided herself mentally, feeling anxious. "And reading, and gaming on PS3." She opened an awkward smirk before asking back. "What about you?"
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 1/16/2014, 5:36 pm

She took off her gloves, revealing delicate hands, much like my own. My fingertips were a bit more calloused though. I reached out to shake her hand. I looked at my own hands, at the peeling rainbow nail polish. I smile a bit. "I love to read too! Favorite author? Mine's John Green." She looked more confident in herself. I did too. "Well, obviously I do a lot of music. Its a niche." I pulled a face, hoping to make her laugh. I read a lot of magazines about guys flirting with girls, so why can't it work with girls flirting with girls?
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 1/17/2014, 6:40 pm

Astrid shook her hand, although they were already immersed in a conversation and it was a bit weird. Nevertheless, she did it in a fluid move. She realized she wasn't that nervous anymore, in fact, she could feel her mood slowly better. "It's hard to choose. But probably George R R Martin and Stephen King. I never felt like reading John Green, I don't like the romance thing." She replied, without noticing that her last statement could be interpreted in a different way. Was she really attracted to that girl to the point of fearing to say something awkward? She tried to shake that thoughts out of her head and focus on whatever Aurora was saying, hoping she wouldn't notice anything. Astrid wasn't exactly a smiling person. She found interesting to hear more about Aurora, but as the girl made a random face, obviously trying to make her laugh, she forced a small chuckle only to seem polite, and maybe, reply to the flirtation. She had no idea about what she could say later, and for a moment she stared blankly at Aurora, with her big green eyes dotted with yellow studying every single detail in that lovely face.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 1/19/2014, 10:54 pm

I studied her eyes. They were big and green with yellow spots. "Oh, so your into the horror stuff. Ok. Never really been my thing. Not a big adrenaline junkie." I started to play with my hair, like I do when I get nervous. I twisted it around my finger and began absent mindedly braiding and unbraiding it. Not into romance? That was a disappointment. I was beginning to like this girl. She studied me with those big eyes of hers. I observed that she wasn't the laughing sort. I'd have to get to her a different way. "Do you ever like, I don't know, read or write, uh, poetry? Orsomthingofthesort?" I added quickly. I didn't know if she understood me.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 1/20/2014, 7:56 pm

That girl was genuinely nervous, even more than Astrid was. She wasn't used to cause this kind of reaction to people, the shy one was usually her. The situation made her stiffle an actual giggle. That damn habit of laughing at stuff that weren't funny. She tried to disguise so Aurora wouldn't think she was mocked on her, and pretend to cough, then attempted to go back to the awkward conversation. But it was hard, because Aurora was speaking a bit too quickly. "What?" She asked as the girl murmured something unmeaning. Her voice sounded a bit mocking, but very cheerful.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 1/20/2014, 9:52 pm

Astrid tried not to laugh. I too stifled a giggle. I covered my mouth, and put my hand down. I took a deep breath. "Sorry. I asked if you ever read or write poetry. I talk fast when I'm nervous." I began tapping a repetitive rhythm on my jeans. Her tone was a bit mocking, but I shrugged it off. I began humming a tune to go with the tapping. I looked at her apologetically. "Sorry. I have a lot nervous habits." I smiled awkwardly, and then cringed at myself. I tried to laugh it off, but was still feeling really anxious.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 1/25/2014, 7:34 am

OOC: Sorry, I was at an extended sleepover and I forgot to tell.

Astrid squinted. Her feline side was pleased to corner that girl, her human side wanted her to relax a bit. "Oh yeah... Sometimes I read poetry. It's beautiful, it feeds the soul." She replied to that awkward question calmly. She watched as Aurora tried to control her jitters. Astrid was shy too, but only at the start. Once she was comfortable, she was very confident. And it was easy to feel comfortable next to that adorable girl she had just met. "It's ok. But there's no reason to be nervous." She replied with a warm smile.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 1/25/2014, 10:09 am

I blinked a couple of times. Did I actually have something in common with this girl? "Edgar Allen Poe is my all-time favorite. A little dark, a little gloomy, and always full of symbolism." I grinned, starting to relax a bit. I realized how pretty Astrid was. Maybe all her piercings weren't as scary as I thought they were. I took a deep breath. "Ok, this might sound weird, coming from a complete stranger and all, but you're really pretty." I assumed she wasn't used to hearing that. I gave her a small smile.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 1/25/2014, 5:48 pm

Astrid nodded in agreement. "True. He's really the best." She wasn't expecting to hear Aurora's next sentence, so for a long moment her expression was shocked. "You mean... Pretty... Like beautiful?" Astrid saw beauty in everything except on herself. She tried to be, at least, stylish, that was why she always choosed the most different looks. In fact, he was very unused to compliments like that, mainly coming from a stranger's mouth. She couldn't think of anything smart to reply, so she was just honest. "Well, I disagree. You are pretty, in my opinion, definately not me." Her cheeks went red again as she realized what she had just said.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 1/25/2014, 6:05 pm

I smiled again. She seemed shocked that I would give her a compliment like that. "Yeah. I mean like beautiful." I saw her as a person, even though she seemed to be a cat sometimes. She wasn't a person to be judged or feared because of who she was and I kinda loved her for it. I smiled at her comment. "Well, thank you. But my one friend back home was like you, and in my own personal opinion, she was gorgeous." I put my always cold hands against her hot cheeks.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 1/26/2014, 5:02 pm

Although that was really awkward, Astrid was glad because that girl didn't think that piercings made her ugly. She was often judged like that and pretended not to care. She was surprised in a good way to have finally found someone who could see the beauty behind the punk. "Thanks then." She whispered with a shaken smile. Then she almost declined when Aurora suddenly raised her hands towards her. Astrid realized that she wasn't used to human touch anymore. The feeling was so comforting. She closed her eyes and for a moment all she could think about was how that girl's hands were soft.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 1/26/2014, 5:47 pm

I left my hands on her face for bit, then pulled away. "You're welcome." I stood there awkwardly for a moment, then smiled my moviestar smile. I stuck my hands in the pockets of my sweatshirt and found my ukelele strap. I realized my instrument was laying on the ground. I picked it up and attached the strap. I slung it across my back. I ran my hands through my hair, trying to think of something to say. Not really much to ease into. "Ok, this is sudden, but what's your favorite color? I can't stand silence." I gave her an apologetic smile, and shrugged.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 1/30/2014, 12:45 pm

Astrid got out of the trance she suddenly went in and stared at Aurora, a bit embarassed. She watched speechless as the girl kept her ukelele, and then gathered the courage to talk to her again. But quickly she realized that Aurora ran out of subject. It was like they couldn't go straight to the point, even though they had just met. What the hell was the point? "I guess black." Astrid replied. She sounded flighty, because she was focusing more attention on her random thoughts.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 1/30/2014, 6:02 pm

I smiled a bit. It was no surprise to me that her favorite was black. She sounded a bit flighty, and I guess I did too. I grinned for real. "Watcha thinkin bout?" I said, purposefully shortening my words to sound cute. I gave a small chuckle. Astrid was kinda cute, but I fall in love in way too easily. I needed to calm down, and tone back the cute.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 1/30/2014, 6:36 pm

Astrid loathed that question, even though it was asked so kindly and cute. The way Aurora forced her words shorter was just adorable. If it was with anyone else, Astrid would have thought, "dumb blonde". But her hair wasn't blonde, it was all dyed with shiny colors, and Astrid realized that she liked it. Still, her mind was the only place where she could be absolutely alone, and some people still had the boldness to ask what she was thinking about. She replied sincerely anyway. "About how much awkward this is." She said with a nervous smirk. "What about you?"
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 1/30/2014, 9:10 pm

I studied Astrid a little more closely. She seemed like one to like darker, morbid things, unlike myself, who is bubbly and loud. I knew that opposites attract, but I didn't know it was like this. I was a bit surprised at her question. She didn't usually reciprocate like that. "Oh, I don't know. Sometimes, I just think off into space, and write a new song. Ya know?" I was too uncomfortable telling her about what I was actually thinking about. I actually began crafting a new melody in my head, and started humming it.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 2/3/2014, 8:38 pm

Both of them were uncomfortable with that. Trying to have an interesting conversation turned out to be a total fail. "Yeah... I know." Although she didn't really know. She would like to understand every detail in that girl's mind, but that would take hundreds of awkward conversations. She could just excuse herself, walk away and sparing from that embarassment, but something told her that it would be worth it. Astrid had been so lonely recently that sometimes talking to people, mainly people that she knew she was getting attracted to, made her a bit afraid. For a second she didn't know what to say again and felt a wave of panic. But then she took a deep breathe and tried to... improvise. She wouldn't just leave. That way, she would miss a chance... Even if Aurora was straight, that could be the beginning of a nice friendship. No matter the many apparent differences. "So... Would you like to hang out somewhere later? Or now?" Astrid regret that question the next second, but it was already too late. The worst reaction possible would be a denial.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/1/2024, 8:06 pm