A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Breakfast with a Brit

Maggie Chase
    Maggie Chase

Female
    Number of posts : 377
    Registration date : 2013-09-25

Breakfast with a Brit Empty Breakfast with a Brit

Post by Maggie Chase 2/2/2014, 9:55 pm

Ethan opened the door, and went to get a meal in dark blue jeans, a plain white t shirt and on top of it, his favorite purple flannel jacket. He was wearing his new magical amulet, from his mother, Hecate. Ethan put a few things on his plate, and looked for a place to sit. Not many people were around, so he sat at an empty table.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Breakfast with a Brit Empty Re: Breakfast with a Brit

Post by Morgan Landry 2/3/2014, 2:15 am

The rules were a bit more lax at Camp these days, and nobody really cared at which table they sat, so when Ian came for breakfast, he saw the demigods scattered across benches, eating and laughing, mixing up the cabins. The son of Ate scanned the place and finally sat down at a table with another demigod. He knew him, it was Ethan, from the Hecate cabin -- Ian was always informed about the demigods.

"Hello, Ethan," he said as he sat down on the bench in front of him. Ian was wearing a black shirt opened on the front, with a silver chain around his neck, and a pair of white Antoni Morato trousers. His phone (which turned into a sword) was inside his pocket, as ever.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 2/12/2014, 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    Maggie Chase
    Maggie Chase

Female

Post by Maggie Chase 2/3/2014, 5:41 pm

Ethan looked up from his food, and flipped his hair out of his face. "Hey Ian, what's up?" he asked, smiling at the boy. Ethan knew Ian a little, and knew that he was the son of Ate. Ethan always kind of felt sorry for him, because he had heard from another son of Hecate that Ian had lived in an orphanage for a while. Ethan absentmindedly touched his new amulet that he had gotten from his mother, Hecate. It was only until now that he had realized Hecate really loved him. When he had first gotten to camp with his twin sister, he was a shy, timid little 6th grader. But here he was, 5 years later, the strong, intelligent, emotionally and mentally strong young man that he was. Ethan thought about his first few days of camp for a while, until Ian answered.

OOC: is it okay if I dont color my text?
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/4/2014, 4:46 am

OOC: Perfectly okay ;)

BIC: "I'm doing good," he said, taking a plate of pancake and toast a nymph with brown hair and sweet blue eyes just handed him. "A bit tired though. Last evening we had hurdle race in the night, with my cabin. We went to bed at like, 11 pm."

He cut one bit of pancake and put it in his mouth, chewing it, then taking a sip of orange juice. It was a beautiful morning, but Ian had grown inhabited to the cloudless sky Camp's magical climate provided. He watched the view over Long Island, looking at the way the waves rippled across the sea's smooth surface before turning back to Ethan.

"And how are you? What happened lately in the Hecate cabin? I heard one of your half-sisters has gone on a Quest."
    Maggie Chase
    Maggie Chase

Female

Post by Maggie Chase 2/4/2014, 5:02 pm

OOC: thanks.

Ethan smiled. "Yeah, this girl Morgan. She's the only thing the cabin's talking 'bout these days," he told Ian. All his life, Ethan had wanted to go on a quest. And then to find out that Morgan also MET Hecate in PERSON?! Sometimes Ethan wondered what gods never talked to their children. He knew all the rules that Zeus made, but they didn't make any sense to him, or at least he didn't want them to make sense. Ethan used to lay awake in his bed back in England, wondering why his mum abandoned him and Lily. Being twins, it was hard for both of them, not having someone to fuss at what they were wearing, not having someone to volunteer at their school. It was still like that. Yet, something at camp made it different. Ethan at least knew who his mom was, and he knew that he wasn't alone. All the kids here hadn't grown up with one of their parents. "What about you? Anything special in your cabin?" he asked.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/5/2014, 3:42 am

"The 'Other Gods' cabin?" Ian asked with a smirk. "C'mon, what's ever happening there? We practically never get Quests or combat missions. It's as messy at ours as it was in the Hermes cabin before the Second Titanomachia."

He shrugged and finished his pancake, attacking his toast.

"At least the 'Minor War Gods' have a separate cabin. If we had to deal with all the Eris, Phobos and Cratus kids, do you imagine how much more of a mess it would be?" He laughed. "I may be sometimes complaining, but I guess it's good enough the way it is."

He remembered when he had had to choose between the Minor War Gods cabin and the Other Gods cabin. Ate could be considered a war divinity since she was the personification of malevolence and seduction, yet Ian had preferred the Other Gods cabin.
    Maggie Chase
    Maggie Chase

Female

Post by Maggie Chase 2/5/2014, 4:37 pm

Ethan laughed. He thought about how many different kinds of people must be in Ian's cabin. When Ethan first found out that his mother was a minor god, he was ecstatic to know that she still got her own cabin.

"Well, at least there are lots of different kids there!" He said positively.

OOC: sorry for the short post, I have to go somewhere
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/6/2014, 1:46 am

OOC: Not to worry ;)

BIC: Yes, lots of different kids to either seduce or manipulate, Ian thought, but of course didn't say it. He opted for a vague reply:

"Indeed, variety is omnipresent," he replied with a smirk. "I like it."

He took a sip of his orange juice and admired the view over Long Island Sound. The water glittered like blue-green silk and reflected a widening line of sun rays; he could even see the spiked back of a mythological fish before it disappeared into the ocean, undulating.

"But it must be the same in your cabin. Loads of different persons, aye?" He ate a mouthful of toast. "People say there are two categories of Hecate kids: psychopaths and asocials. No offense meant, of course, but I think you do agree some of your fellow cabin mates may have a couple of screws lose in their head, like that one kid who tortured people in the forest for example." He finished his orange juice and the glass refilled. "I'm of course not putting you in the same bag. There are of course clean guys in the Hecate cabin. I was just merely pointing something out."
    Maggie Chase
    Maggie Chase

Female

Post by Maggie Chase 2/6/2014, 8:58 am

Ethan thought for a second about what Ian had said as he ate some of his eggs. "Yes, I suppose you're right. There are loads of uh... Interesting people there," he agreed.
    Ethan admired the view of the water, seeing the sun reflect off of it. He thought about Emily, his beautiful horse. She was a big, wonderful chestnut horse, with mane as soft as a blanket.
    "So, I don't really think that I've ever seen you use a power. Do you have any?" he asked inquisitively.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/6/2014, 10:49 am

Ian looked at Ethan with a smirk.

"Yes, I do," he replied. "I rarely use it though. It's not as outstanding as powers over the elements or over plants, or your magic tricks, but it is useful."

He watched as his cup refilled, this time with a Darjeeling tea.

"I can increase my speed up to where I can race next to a car. That's the only power my mother granted me," he said with a smile.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 2/7/2014, 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total
    Maggie Chase
    Maggie Chase

Female

Post by Maggie Chase 2/6/2014, 4:43 pm

Ethan was blown away by this.

"Wow, that's really cool! Do you get tired afterwards, or like, does that not matter? What kind of cars d'ya think? Have you ever tested it out?" He asked excitedly.
    Ethan felt like a 10 year old who just met Iron man or Captain America. He felt a little embarrassed when he thought about how giddy he must seem.
    He took one more bite of his breakfast, and quickly stood up to put away the tray. Ethan hurriedly sat back down to hear Ian's response.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/7/2014, 2:12 am

"Of course I get tired," he replied with a charming smile. "All powers use energy. I don't feel the tiredness when I run, it comes down when I stop. As for the cars, well, the maximum speed I can run at is 50 kilometers per hour." He grins. "I couldn't keep up with a Lamborghini Reventon."

He didn't talk about his other 'power' since it was more of an ability: his charm. He could prove to be utterly charming and thus cloud people's judgement for a handful of seconds; it could be resisted though, but he quite often used it.

"What are your powers if I may ask?" he inquires, one of his Liberty blue eyes gleaming in the sunlight.
    Maggie Chase
    Maggie Chase

Female

Post by Maggie Chase 2/7/2014, 10:00 pm

The son of Hecate smiled. "Well, I can't exactly race cars or anything, but I can manipulate the mist. You know, make people see a different reality," he said happily.

Ethan was very proud of this power, though he felt bad for his twin sister. She was also 16, and still didn't have her power. When Ethan first discovered his power, he had used it whenever he could. Lily was always quite frustrated with this, although she WAS happy for Ethan.

"Yeah, my mum is a little....Interesting when it comes to goddesses. I mean, when it saw a picture of her for the first time, it scared the crap out of me. But you know, she's still my mum..." explained Ethan. He had never shared these thoughts out loud before, but he realized that they were true. Sure, he loved his mother, but sometimes he wished he had maybe a major god as a parent. He did love Hecate, though, and he decided to just push away those feelings for now.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/8/2014, 6:38 am

Ian frowned. "You saw a picture of her?" he asked. "I didn't know gods did photoshooting sessions. Where did you, if I may ask?"

Ian was one of the rare demigods to have never seen his mother. He had caught a glimpse of her in two of his dreams, but he never actually met her, physically. She wasn't allowed to go to Mount Olympus; she had been thrown off the mountain aeons ago by Zeus himself, because of the oath she made him swear that one day, one of his children would be a great ruler. That had been the trigger to all the Heracles drama.
    Yeah, and now she wasn't allowed to come, even on the solstices, to see her children. All she did now was running across the globe with her unnatural speed and casting ruin, mischief and delusion on the mortals.
    Pretty cool job.

"For your mother, though....," he stated, looking at his cup of tea, then back at Ethan. "If Morgan comes back from her Quest alive.... I think you should talk to her. She has met your mother twice and she could tell you some things. Well, as said, if she comes back. Quests aren't exactly secure...." He sipped his tea, which was hot but didn't burn him. He didn't exactly like Morgan, but there again, he didn't know her enough either way; she had been at Camp two weeks before getting her Quest.

"If you went on a Quest, what would you like to do?" he asked, leaning back with a grin.
    Maggie Chase
    Maggie Chase

Female

Post by Maggie Chase 2/10/2014, 5:51 pm

"Well I mean, I saw a painting hung in the Hecate cabin, but you're right, that's not a picture," he said, shrugging. "I don't know exactly what I'd do. I definitely would want someone strong, loyal, and intellectual to come with me," Ethan replied.
    The British boy had thought of this many times, always hoping, even dreaming, about getting a quest. He had watched the day that Morgan had packed, seeing the fire and excitement in her eyes. Ethan yearned for that feeling. He wanted to show his mother that Ethan was someone to be proud of. He may not know why Hecate had suddenly given him a gift on Christmas, but he felt like he needed to show Hecate that Lily and him existed, and she needed to start acknowledging that.
    "I really hope to get a quest one day, though. I mean, what demi-god doesn't?!" he said with a smile.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/11/2014, 3:22 am

"Indeed it's not really a picture, considering the fact gods can change their physical appearance on will. Especially your mother. Maiden, mature woman and old woman, right?"

He finished his tea, glad for once that he'd been paying attention in some lessons of the gods of Ancient Greece course. He was normally the guy at the back of the classroom messing around with his phone or flirting with the person next to him. Girl or boy, he didn't care as long as he could manipulate them.

Ethan asked who wouldn't like to be on a Quest.

"Me," Ian stated with simplicity.
    Maggie Chase
    Maggie Chase

Female

Post by Maggie Chase 2/11/2014, 9:43 pm

Ethan was a little shocked, but understood. "Yeah, they ARE unpredictable and dangerous," he said quietly.

Soon, Ethan had to go. "Well, nice talkin' to you, Ian. I hope to see you again sometime," said Ethan, and left the Mess Hall, knowing this would not be the last he saw of Ian.

OOC: sorry I had to cut this short, some stuff came up.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/12/2014, 6:52 am

OOC: No problem!

BIC: Ian acknowledged with a nod, though it wasn't the main reason why he didn't want to go on a Quest. Ethan stood up, though, breaking off the conversation.

"See you," Ian stated with a charming smile.

He finished his cup of tea while checking some things on his camera phones, going from WhatsApp to his tumblr application, but mainly scrolling through his pictures, before taking his leave as well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 6:32 am