A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

4 posters

Aurora Remake

moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1177
    Registration date : 2013-10-23

Aurora Remake  Empty Aurora Remake

Post by moriarty 2/7/2014, 6:10 pm

Name: Aurora Dana Bills. She was given the name Aurora because her father lived in Norway early in his life and fell in love with the Northern Lights, or Auroras. Dana because it is the name Mousika told Thomas her name was. Bills is obviously her father's last name.

Mortal Parent: Thomas Bills. He died in a house fire when Aurora was 8. She was then shipped off to her Aunt Myra's house in Philly.

God Parent: Mousika, Horai of Music.

Date of Birth: December 13, 1998, making her currently 15.

Place of Birth: Dublin Ireland. His father moved there with his family when he 14 years old.

Hometown/Last Residence: She lived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania with her Aunt Myra.

Race/ethnicity: Aurora is obviously half Greek, but she just considers herself Irish, even though her father is 100% Norwegian.

Accent: She has a faint Irish accent but her Pennsylvania accent mostly covers it up. She says words like Blimey, gawkin', and other Irish slang a lot.

Skin Tone: Tan. She burns easily though.

Eye Color: A Greenish Blue. She loves the color of her eyes.

Hair Color: Her hair is naturally a light brownish color, but has bleached and dyed it a lot. It is currently a rainbow of colors. She has purple bangs, with streaks of various shades of green and blue throughout her hair. The tips are dyed orange and yellow.

Hair Length: Her hair reaches down a couple inches past her shoulders. Its cut in layers, which irritates her greatly because she can't braid it or pull it up without pieces of hair falling out.

Height: She is 5'2". She was shorter than most of her classmates. She was teased and looked down upon for being short.

Weight: She is a lightweight 96 lbs. She has a extremely high metabolism, which lets her eat almost everything without gaining an ounce. She does overeat though and has the acne to show for it.

Body Type: Very short and skinny. Aurora was often teased for being anorexic and bulimic. She was neither.

Appearance: Aurora is considered a very pretty young woman with high cheekbones and bright wide eyes. She wears a lot of makeup to cover up her acne. She is often mistaken for a 17 or 18 year old. She has brightly colored hair, which makes her very noticeable. Her short and skinny stature results in wearing mostly kids clothes. She has the issue where the kids pants are too wide and the juniors are too long. She tries her hardest to find cute clothes that fit well. Her lips are small and thin with a slight pink tint. Her makeup usually consists of a matching foundation and a light blush. She wears a thin line of dark purple eyeliner with a pinkish purple eyeshadow.

Weapon: She has a wooden crossbow decorated with CB designs. She has 20 arrows, all with celestial bronze tips.

Armor: Aurora despises wearing armor, but when she does, she just wears a simple set of CB armor. She asked someone from the Hephaestus cabin to put a music note design on the back of the chestplate.  

Pet(s): She had a parakeet, but it died. She dropped in the lake for a burial at sea.

Skills/Talents: Aurora, being the daughter of a music deity, is obviously gifted in music. She writes songs, plays ukelele and piano, and sings. She was given several solos in choir at her middle school. She started piano lessons when she was 4 and continued until she was 13. She completed all five piano books in the series, then moved on to larger more difficult pieces. She also writes poetry that she submitted to magazines. She got published a couple of times.

Flaws: Aurora falls in love very quickly. Her friend Maddy joked about her falling head over heels for every boy in the grade. She doesn't think things through before she reacts. This results in her having a lot of regrets and impulse buys. She also a know-it-all, and very sassy. She sassed back to teachers and other authority figures. She has awful acne that she covers with makeup and she despises her nose which is small and pointy. She also has extremely large "elf ears" that have detached earlobes. She also swears a lot. She picked up this habit from her father.

Strengths: Aurora is a very social human being and enjoys making friends and talking to people, but she is very independent and confident in herself. She never let the bullies get to her. When she ran away, Aurora spent most of her time alone with her bird. She knows there will always be someone behind her to support her so she never feels alone.

Weaknesses: Aurora has a weakness for anything purple. It sounds dumb but if she sees something purple in a shop, she will not leave until she buys it, or absolutely has to leave because she is out of money. When Aurora begins to like someone, she will become unhealthily obsessed with them. (Like a fangirl)

Dislikes: Stupid People and people who wear too much makeup. When a person looks like a clown, its just plain stupid. She doesn't like songs that don't rhyme, unless the song has either a good bass line or melody.

Fears: Aurora has an extreme fear of the dark. Her mother is the music of the morning, therefore, the dark scares her greatly. She even has a nightlight she hides during the day. She also has a minor fear of answering the phone because that's what sent the harpies after her.

Personality: Aurora is a very happy and bubbly person. She can be a bit sassy at times. She is very passionate, about both her crushes and her music. She is very expressive in her music and speech. Her English and Drama teachers were always impressed with her speaking abilities. Aurora absolutely hates people who can't hold a conversation and say "like" every other word. She has a habit of swearing a lot. She can be very sweet and caring around people she either doesn't know at all, or knows really well. Aurora is a lesbian.

Powers: N/A

Social Status: Aurora was a very friendly person, but was often shunned for her nerdiness and her constant singing. She only had one friend named Maddy who dealt with her weirdness. So, in other words, pretty unpopular.

Summer or Year Rounder: Year Rounder because she refuses to go back to the hellhole of a home with her aunt.

Years at Camp: 2

Life Before CHB: Aurora's parents met in a music shop in Ireland. After they courted for 4 months, Aurora was born! Mousika left Aurora on the doorstep with a note to protect her. Aurora's father, Thomas, protected her at all costs. Aurora and her father left Ireland when Aurora was 6 to go to Delaware, due to Thomas' job change. He realized that she was very talented in music when she asked to start piano lessons at the age of 4. She ended up passing Book 5 piano at the age of 10. She then moved on to harder pieces, like Mozart and Beethoven. Later in the year, when Aurora was still 10, there was a furnace malfunction, and her home in Delaware burnt to the ground. Thomas died trying to save Aurora. She was sent off to her only living relative's home in Philadelphia. Her Aunt Myra was a drunkard, and didn't care about Aurora's well being. Myra basically sent her to school and that was it. Aurora had to fend for herself when it came to food and clothing. She had a babysitting job and some money her father gave her when he died. She used these funds to get a plane ride to New York City, a place she had always wanted to visit. She and her friend Maddy made up a fake story to let Aurora arrive. They told the attendants she was visiting her mom, which in a way, she was. She took her aunt's cell phone in case she needed to call Maddy. When she arrived in New York, she did call Maddy to tell her she was safe. After wandering around for a bit, she was dive-bombed by harpies, which the mortals thought were pigeons. A older girl, Miriam, a daughter of Athena, started killing the harpies. Miriam asked Aurora what she saw, when Aurora replied with "weird-a$$ bird ladies," she tossed Aurora a simple crossbow and told her to shoot the "bird-ladies." Aurora was confused at first, but eventually got the hang of it and they killed the harpies together. On the way to camp, Miriam explained that she was on her way to camp after being with her family. Aurora got to camp 2 years ago.

Role-playing Example: I walked outside of the "Other Gods" cabin. I brought a little notebook and my ukelele and strolled around the courtyard. I sat myself down on a bench, and paged through my book. I stopped at a poem I wrote a while ago. I started playing my standard 5 chords; G, C, F B flat and A minor. I added the words to the poem as I figured out the strumming pattern. I started really getting into it. "Another day, Another dime, Can't believe that he's mine." I sang quite loudly and probably bothered a lot of people. I played a bit quieter and figured out the rest of the song.

Notes:

Last edited by The Musical Tardis on 2/22/2014, 2:00 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Aurora Remake  Empty Re: Aurora Remake

Post by Kendall 2/22/2014, 12:31 pm

Add more to her Personality.

I'm not sure a small and pointy nose would constitute as a physical flaw.

For her LBCHB, did this ("She ended up passing Book 5 piano at the age of 10. She then moved on to harder pieces, like Mozart and Beethoven.") take place after her father's death? When did she and her father move to Delaware?

How did Maddy and Aurora make a fake passport? How did Miriam identify Aurora as a demigod?
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 2/22/2014, 1:10 pm

Edited.

Would you need a passport to travel from Delaware to New York?
    Christian
    Christian

Female
    Number of posts : 2417
    Registration date : 2011-07-01

Post by Christian 2/22/2014, 1:48 pm

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't; I think you only need passports for out-of-country travels.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 2/22/2014, 2:01 pm

Okay. Changed the form to fit the story.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 3/5/2014, 9:09 am

Approved. You have been awarded 600 drachmas.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 1:47 pm