A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+2
Kendall
zanematthews
6 posters

Zane Matthews

zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male
    Number of posts : 277
    Registration date : 2014-02-26

Zane Matthews  Empty Zane Matthews

Post by zanematthews 2/26/2014, 3:28 pm

Zane Matthews  Scale

Name: Zane Matthews
    Eyes: dark blue, almost black
    Hair: straight, black, shoulder length hair
    Height: 6'1"
    Body Type: A little thin, but mostly average
    Skin Color: pale
    God Parent: Thanatos
    Mortal Parent: Karina Matthews
    Country of Origin: United States Of America
    Pets: none
    Talents: dodging, basic swordsmanship
    Weapon**: Stygian Iron Sword [Has Θάνατος, which means Thanatos, engraved into the grip of the blade. Also Has the ANGEL OF DEATH etched into the blade] (Has the ability to channel underworld powers, allowing it to be thrown into the shadows at one place, and exit the shadows in another.  Needs at least 60 seconds in between uses and up to a max of 10 times within 24 hours. Max distance is up to 100 feet)
    This blade was the only thing his mother left him after she passed on, along with a note stating that this was given to Zane by his father before he left. Nothing else is known about this razor sharp piece of Underworld weaponry, and Zane still has a hard time thinking of a worthy name for it.

Zane Matthews  Training_Sword_PP_black_GTTCP503
    ((This sword, just sharper at the edges))

Personality:Zane tends to be somewhat of a loner and usually puts up a wall in between anyone who tries to get close. For anyone that becomes a close friend with him, gains his loyalty completely and is willing to die for any of his friends. He is very restless, causing his hands to almost never stop moving. the only thing he seems to be good at physically is dodging. Zane greatly prefers to read over playing sports, even though his dyslexia makes it difficult at times, and often tunes out when reading, making it almost impossible for people to grab his attention. He is definitely more of a follower than a leader, but can sometimes show good leadership qualities in emergencies.
    Flaws: Embarrasses easily, slightly clumsy, and afraid of the Underworld
    Powers(must relate to god parent; optional): shadow travel [Up to 3 times a day, within 50 miles. Or once a day if the distance is beyond 50 miles], Able to summon 2 skeletons by holding out his sword parallel with the ground, forcing skeletons to crawl out of the ground, once a day, for at most 10 minutes, or up to 5 times a day, for at most 2 minutes each. Able to speak to the dead within the last Century. [It's more like a crowd of people whispering in his ear. if he concentrates, he can understand a voice better, but usually its just alot of noise. Can be heard constantly unless Zane is asleep.]
    (All Powers are unusable at the beginning due to never using them before, except for speaking to the dead)
    Life Before CHB*:Zane Matthews has had a pretty rough life growing up. His Dyslexia and ADD make it quite challenging in school. Having trouble answering questions in class, to always messing up in sports, causes him to be disliked by almost anyone that meets him. His mother, Karina Matthews, died shortly after he was born, forcing him to be raised in an orphanage, which houses many kids that avoided Zane due to his somewhat dark appearance. Throughout his childhood, Zane was always able to see and speak to spirits, though he was unsure why before discovering who his father was. The constant pestering of the many spirits that roamed around nearby caused him to develop a phobia of the dead, which in turn caused a fear of the Underworld. A young Cyclops, hidden by the Mist, began stalking Zane shortly after his 16th birthday. Once discovered by Zane, the monster quickly turned violent and began attacking and chasing Zane everywhere he went. Trying to hide from the Cyclops, he bolted into the nearby forest, where he silently prayed to anyone that was listening for help. To his surprise, his prayer was answered in the form of a young, disguised satyr yanking him by the shirt onto a bus headed for New York. "What the-" Zane says as he is forced onto the bus. "Be quiet and sit down Zane! Before he sees you!" violently whispers the satyr as he slides into the closest open seat. "Before you ask, i'm a satyr. Satyr's are half human and half goat. We're in charge of transporting half-bloods, like you, to Camp. Well, in most cases, to safety." Zane stares over at the 17-ish looking boy "What the heck is a Half-blood?" The satyr laughs and stares out the front window as the bus quickly picks up speed, "You'll find out when we get there. Now sit back and try to enjoy the ride. It's gonna be a long one." Zane sighs and leans back against the seat and stares out the window, wondering what in the world is going on.
    RP Example*:Zane walks quietly into the room, constantly glancing around and taking note of everyone in the room as he makes his way over to a soft looking chair. Upon reaching the chair, he slips off his Katana and places the blade beside it, then eases down into the chair, propping his feet on the edge. He reaches through a nearby shadow and pulls an old, leather-bound book out, then opens it up, quickly becoming absorbed into it's contents.
    Any notes about your characters: Deep down he is very lonely and wants friendship, despite always putting up barriers between him and everyone else.

Last edited by zanematthews on 2/28/2014, 8:50 am; edited 16 times in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Zane Matthews  Empty Re: Zane Matthews

Post by Kendall 2/26/2014, 3:42 pm

I wouldn't allow your character to send people to the Underworld that way.

How scared is he of the Underworld, and why? Did he visit it once and never wanted to again, or...?

How many times a day can he shadow-travel, and how far at most? Don't think we allow umbrakinesis for Thanatos kids, either, but we do allow them to summon spirits/undead warriors.

How did your character get to camp?
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 2/26/2014, 4:03 pm

With the umbrakinesis, all i meant was shadow travelling and the ability to reach through shadows to grab something, as demonstrated in my RP example.

He actually has a fear of the dead, due to the passing of his mother, and always being able to see and speak to ghosts. Underworld being the land of the dead, he naturally steers clear of it.

Shadow-travelling can be done 3 times a day, if the distance is within a 50 miles, or one time a day if the distance greater than that. The farthest he's ever shadow travelled was 67 miles, but it caused him to pass out for several hours, so he's nervous about seeing how far he can actually go.

Zane found the camp after being attacked by a young Cyclops that mimicked his mother's voice. as he was running away, a shadow appeared in his path, causing him to involuntarily shadow travel within a mile of Camp.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 2/26/2014, 8:49 pm

(I suggest you edit your form using the button on the right hand corner of your post, to put in all the information I asked for/remove the things I asked you to.)

And so I suppose your character just wandered around a bit until he found the camp?

Where did he get his sword?

I'm iffy about the shadow power, it's not something we usually allow for Thanatos kids. Put in the limits for his powers and remove the last one.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 2/27/2014, 10:54 am

(Once you edit, please post back on the topic as a notification, so we know you changed things. In addition, it keeps us from double-posting.)

What do you mean, the katana can be thrown into the shadows?

I think you should add an element that helped him arrive at Camp not that he runs through the borders and is like 'Whaaaaat.' Perhaps a demigod, or a satyr that's on guard duty/ feeding Peleus-duty?
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 2/27/2014, 11:13 am

Smiles at the admins warmly, "Newly edited and revised to your specifications."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/27/2014, 11:18 am

Basically, throwing the katana into the shadows is shadow-traveling for the weapon, right?

I think that was the power Kenny referred to, the umbrakinesis ^^
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 2/27/2014, 11:23 am

Does shadow-travelling fall under Umbrakinesis?
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/27/2014, 11:28 am

I think it does.
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 2/27/2014, 11:30 am

Hmm... well that kinda sucks... shadow travel was really the only power i wanted to have.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/27/2014, 11:31 am

No, no, no, what I meant was the fact he could take things out of the shadows and put them back. I think that was the power Kenny was iffy about. if not I'm super sorry.
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 2/27/2014, 11:33 am

Ohhhh ok, well hopefully he approves of it. is there anything else that needs to be changed?
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/27/2014, 12:53 pm

To me it looks good. But I'll still wait to we what Kenny says.
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 2/27/2014, 12:57 pm

Awesome! thanks for the help. I hope Kendall gets on soon, i want to start RPing as soon as possible, haha.
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf
    Non-conforming Criminal Mastermind

Male
    Number of posts : 1565
    Registration date : 2012-02-25

Post by Alpha Wolf 2/27/2014, 2:10 pm

Psssttt, This has nothing to do with the form, but Kendall is actually a girl. She gets VERY pissed when people refer to her as a guy....
    Josh
    The Genius

Male
    Number of posts : 3580
    Registration date : 2012-08-07

Post by Josh 2/27/2014, 2:28 pm

Kenny's not a guy?! mind-blown...
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 2/27/2014, 3:51 pm

Ohhh sorry. I've only ever seen the name Kendall as a boys name so it throws me for a loop
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female
    Number of posts : 33821
    Registration date : 2010-07-13

Post by Steve Rogers 2/27/2014, 4:22 pm

You need to edit your form and remove umbrakenisis. I'm fairly certain we still allow shadow travel (I've seen it with Thanatos kids before)
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 2/27/2014, 4:25 pm

edited
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 2/27/2014, 4:29 pm

How many times a day can he summon the dead?

We don't allow kids to meet their god parents before coming to CHB.
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 2/27/2014, 4:49 pm

Edited to your specifications
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 2/27/2014, 5:03 pm

APPROVED
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 2/27/2014, 5:08 pm

Unapproved; I have some more questions.

I wouldn't allow him to have been saved by Thanatos.

Is there any difference between his summoning the undead once a day, and his summoning them 5 times a day?

Can he always use his sword's shadow-power or does it need to recharge between its usages?
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 2/27/2014, 5:45 pm

Edited and hopefully to your approval this time.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 2/27/2014, 8:47 pm

Could the undead soldiers rebuild themselves or no?

Reduce the range for the sword power as well as the number of times per day he can use it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/6/2024, 6:02 pm