A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Zane's Bunk

zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male
    Number of posts : 277
    Registration date : 2014-02-26

Zane's Bunk - Page 3 Empty Re: Zane's Bunk

Post by zanematthews 3/4/2014, 6:44 am

Noticing she started leaving, he quickly followed behind. But, as he tried to keep up, he found himself falling face first onto the grass, having tripped over a root. "Ow!," he yelps out as his face makes contact. Gods why was i born so clumsy?! he asks himself as anger and embarrassment floods his cheeks.

He quickly jumped back onto his feet, hoping Sawyer didn't see his blunder, he quickly caught back up and tried to act like nothing happened while hiding his face a little more than usual, not wanting to show the blush from embarrassment.

"The Oracle? I think Chiron mentioned something about her... Doesn't she.. give out quests or something?" he asks, still trying to hide his face, as he continues along, closely behind her left side.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 3/4/2014, 11:54 am

A thump could be heard behind her and Sawyer turned around to see what it was; she saw Zane lying on the ground then jumping up in a 'nothing-happened'-kind of way. She guessed he was alright and carried on, her feet heavy against the ground.

Once she came down the hill, she stuffed her hands back into her pockets; her broken fingernails scraping against the denim of her shorts in a way others would find utterly unpleasant, but to which she had grown accustomed to.

"Quests. Prophecies. If you ever want a riddle you won't solve, go to her," she grumbled. "She's basically there to give people the impression they're going somewhere." Or so she thought. "Sorry, Apollo." The sun god knew everything, she didn't want to get on his bad side. Gods were quick at getting angry and slow at forgiving. She turned back to Zane, "Oh yeah, Rachel is the Oracle of Delphi, so she kinda has the Oracle's spirit inside her. Which is sacred to Apollo. Why I apologized."
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/4/2014, 1:37 pm

Zane shuffled along quietly behind her, still a little embarrassed but thankful that Sawyer didn't seem to notice. "Quests..." he said as you talked. I wonder what it's like to go on one.. He softly nods as she continues talking while gazing up at the hill where the Oracle lived. he winces slightly as the whispers in his head grew considerably louder. Apparently, some of the dead blamed the Oracle for dying. I guess quests are really dangerous he thought as he drew one hand out of his jacket pocket and rubbed his ear in a soothing manner before returning his hand to his pocket. After gazing at he Oracle's hill a little longer, he turns his gaze to the landscape, staring off into the distance.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/5/2014, 9:56 am

"Yep. You get a prophecy and go off into an adventure. (She briefly gritted her teeth) It seems fun from hearing but trust me, it's not a happy field trip."

Her voice was almost bitter. Those guys Jackson and Chase had had sheer luck, in every Quest of theirs. It hadn't been the same for Jordan. Sawyer disliked Quests greatly and she knew she would never go on one except if she there was a life-dependent reason.

"We hadn't had one in ages though, apart from that seven-demigods-Quest and this other Quest, a guy of Zeus with a Hecate chick and some other bloke... Bia, I think. Or maybe Cratus. Anyway, they left this week. Not sure if we're gonna see them again."

As they arrived at the bottom of the hill, a deep sound could be heard vibrating across the air.
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/5/2014, 10:03 am

Zane listens intently as she speaks about the quests, making sure to keep up with her walking. She must've had a bad experience with a quest.. She sounds like she hates them.. he thought to himself as they continued along. "I hope they make it back safely..." he responded in a quiet voice after hearing about the latest quest. Zane froze in mid stride as the sound reached his ears. His eyes quickly gaze around him, trying to find the origin of the sound. "What was that..?" He asks, hoping she might have an answer.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/5/2014, 10:28 am

"That was the conch," she announced. "Whenever you hear that, it means you have to come to the Mess Hall. Most of the time, it just means it's time to eat. C'mon."

They made it until the Mess Hall in approximatively six minutes, walking next to the river then around the canoe Lake -- catching sight of some naiads on the shore -- and Sawyer shuffled up the hill to the Mess Hall. She stepped over the crack in the ground -- she never knew why it was there and how it had come to it -- and walked between a set of tall white marble columns, the setting overlooking Long Island Sound.

In the Mess Hall, the benches and tables were assembled in the same order as the cabin's were in the courtyard, and the space was already half-full with arriving Campers. A bulky daughter of Ares bumped into Sawyer without apologizing.

"Okay, so a few things to know about the Mess Hall," she explained to Zane. "First, every cabin has it's own table, and you are not allowed to switch. Second, food is brought to you by nymphs, those are the pretty girls over there. Third, don't eat when you get your plate. You first have to stand up with your cabin in order to dip a part of your lunch into the brazier as an offering to your father. Say 'Thanatos' when you're dipping food into the flames, so you know he will accept it. Also, your glass fills with any drink you'd like. You'd just gotta say what you wanna have."

She looked around as more Campers streamed in. Her table was already half-full with her siblings, there were Autumn, Edwyn, Alence, Nyssa, Whitney, Harley and Bartholomew, along with Jake and Ember. On the path, Sawyer could see Jordan arriving, his prosthesis gleaming in the sun light, before turning her head back to Zane.

"Your table is over there," she told him, gesturing to a bench covered with kids who nearly all had dark hair and pale skin, chatting around the table. "You gotta go to the cabin leader first and introduce yourself, explain you got claimed and all. He's the tall bloke over there, the one on the right." She gave him a little, boyish clasp on the shoulder. "Twas nice meeting you and stuff. Hit me up if you ever need a weapon. It's free for newbies.... for the time being."
    With a grin, she turned her heels, making sure that the axe in her back didn't injure anybody, and shuffled heavily towards the Hephaestus table, clasping some hands and sitting down next to Jordan.

OOC: This is my last post with Sawyer, so she left after having eaten at the Mess hall.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 3/5/2014, 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    zanematthews
    zanematthews

Male

Post by zanematthews 3/5/2014, 10:48 am

The food bell huh? Good, i was starting to get hungry He thought to himself after Sawyer explained the sound. He silently walked behind, keeping pace as he continues to gaze around at his surroundings, taking in the sights and areas of his new home.

Zane knew that he would come to love this place, but it would be a long road ahead of him. Between all the pranks, the fighting, and the fights and arguments between other campers, he'll be going through, not just good times, but also bad and hard times as well. But he feels that he'll make alot of good memories here.

He glimpses at the Naiads playing as they pass by, but only for a moment as his eyes return to where they are going, the Mess Hall. As they enter, the realization of just how many kids are actually here finally hits him. Row after row of people file in, hoping to get a good seat at their table. All he could say was, "Wow....", his voice barely audible.

As she gestures, first toward the Brazier, then towards his table, his eyes follow, absorbing as much information as he can fit. His eyes run up and down his table in amazement, finally realizing that he actually has siblings. He could instantly tell they were related to him by the way they all looked similar. Most wore dark clothes like him, had his dark hair or his pale skin, and he absolutely loved it. He quickly pulled his hood over, hiding his face completely, as he feels a couple small tears of joy fall. He swiftly wipes them away and looks over at Sawyer, smiling. "Thanks... It was really nice of you to show me around.... Hopefully i'll see you around..." His voice a little stronger than usual. He gives her one last smile as he walks toward his table, somehow slipping through the crowd without bumping into a single person, almost like he was a ghost.

After eating, Zane quickly rushed off to his new cabin, eager to check out where he'll be sleeping from now on. As he enters, he gazes around, examining his surroundings, which included many dark looking bunks and other kids that resembled him slightly. He swiftly headed to his bunk, strapping his sheathed Stygian Iron sword onto a bed post near his pillow, and sat down, leaning his back against the wall, and his knees pressed against his chest with his arms wrapped around them. I like it.. this cabin suits me alot better... I... I hope my siblings are nice.., he thought to himself as he sat there, as still as a corpse.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 9:09 am