A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

4 posters

New character for Brennan

Brennan.

Male
    Number of posts : 6
    Registration date : 2011-11-22

New character for Brennan Empty New character for Brennan

Post by Brennan. 3/7/2014, 10:32 pm

New character for Brennan Tumblr_m8zpfhvL2H1qfz7hc

David Paris Martin

Age/Birthday"May first, 1997. Makes me sixteen now, feels like just yesterday I had to ride the bus now I can drive- oh wait I still don't have a car. So I guess it was just yesterday."
    God Parent:"My mom is the muse of music. Her name is Euterpe, and I look up to her very much. I've always wanted to be talented with music as she is, and hopefully with her gifts she has given me I will be.
    Claimed: "You bet. I know my mom loves me and my brother. We didn't spend more than two days in the Hermes cabin before she claimed us. It felt good to get claimed, to be wanted. Although, nobody can say the Hermes campers aren't awesome. Picked up a couple things staying with them, yeah?
    Country of Origin: "England. Probably could have told by the accent, yeah?"
    Mortal Family:"My dad is Benjamin Martin. I really don't like him and that's good because he despises me and my brother. He always has. He never wanted kids, really, just a hook up. When that hook up turned out to be a goddess it was all some sort of wack-o thing to him. My brother's name is Chris Troy Martin. He is my twin, so he's a demigod, not exactly mortal. He's older than me by just a little. Anyway, my dad hates us and doesn't want to see us ever. I hope my mom doesn't talk to him, I personally don't think he is a good man at all. He literally pays my brother and I to not go to see him after summer camps, which makes us year-round campers. He gives us a check of 500 dollars to split between the two of us each month. Yeah it's a lot, I know, but he really doesn't like us. Sometimes Chris will need more than I do one month and sometimes its the other way around, so it's not really 250 each, exactly. I don't think Chris cares that dad hates us, he just likes the money. It bothers me a bit but I accept it. I wouldn't want to spend time with a dad that hates us, anyway.
    Years in Camp:"We've been here about one and a half years or so. It's starting to grow on me, I think. It's pretty impressive and every time I wake up there's always something to do. I love it here."
    Brief History/Life before CHB/Rp example(s)://"Well, my brother and I grew up in the chaotic mess that is London, which explains our accents, even though they are fading. I think I've always been the calmer one of us, and he's been more of the party animal. He might disagree. But let me tell you about him..."//

The day was cold, and grey. It was almost winter, but not quite. One the very edge, and everyone could tell. Grey clouds blocked the sun, which made the day feel even colder. David and Chris stood at a stoplight, waiting for it to change so they could cross. There were a couple people waiting there as well. Everyone wore scarves, if not hats, to block out the nipping frosted air. Chris breathed out a bit impatiently, his breath clearly visible. "It's a Friday, and we've no plans. It's sad, innit?" he mumbled, keeping focused on the light. David turned to Chris and raised an eyebrow ever so slightly. "Well what would you expect? It's not like we're allowed out at any time, our nanny makes sure we are in before five every night." At the word nanny a few people turned their heads with a quizzical expression. It wasn't very common for two boys to have a nanny. Chris shot them a hop-off look, and they quickly went back to their business. At that, the light changed, and the group began across the street, except Chris. David took a couple steps but stopped, and turned to look at his twin. "What are you doing?" he asked. Chris shook his head. "Dad's rules are stupid. Completely. And it's not like he cares what happens to us. I'm going out with friends." David's jaw dropped in awe. "W-what?" he sputtered. Chris rolled his eyes at his brother. He was never much of a rule breaker. Turning, Chris began down the street.

//"He didn't get back until really early the next morning, and he smelled like alcohol and was missing his shirt. That was around when we just turned fifteen. So later that year, around winter time, we came to camp."//

Chris groaned, leaning his head back on the taxi cab's dirty seat. David payed no attention to him. He was too captivated by the city around them. Their dad had shipped them off to New York for the winter holidays, to stay with their uncle. Their uncle was considerably kinder to the two boys than their dad was. Chris, however, always complained that he was too nice. The scene around the cab was full of people, cars and buildings. People walked briskly from place to place, like they did in London, however they seemed in much more of a hurry, not bothering to apologize if they bumped into each other. Traffic was pretty messy, cabs honking and cars stopping for pedestrians every which way. The buildings were magnificent, though. There were screens everywhere projecting advertisements, weather forecasts, plays, and other things.
    The cab pulled over to the curb and Chris groaned again louder. "Stuff it, Chris," David whispered, harshly. Chris was older, yes, but so much more childish. "Thanks," David said and quickly dismounted the car, getting their luggage out and such. They had arrived at a group of shady looking apartments.

David wrinkled his nose as the door to the apartments opened and their uncle greeted them. As much as he liked his uncle, his living spaces never smelled as if they were very clean. Chris stepped forward into the home at once without greeting the relative. David made up for that by giving his uncle a hug and smiling as they exchanged pleasantries. "Yeah so anyway, where are we staying?" Chris butted in. Their uncle showed them their room and they brought all their stuff inside and made themselves comfortable.

//"It was all peachy for a while but one night we were attacked."//

Chris lay down on his back in bed, ear-buds firmly squashed in place. David could even here a rather loud band playing and unrecognizable lyrics spilling out of the headset. David rolled his eyes and turned back to his sketch pad where he had neatly drawn a page of bar lines and treble cleffs. It was just a typical hobby for David to compose a quick piece of music to pass the time, since neither of them had the stomach to be in the living room with their uncle for very long. After a couple minutes, and a couple measures written, David found himself distracted by the sound of two men talking in the other room. He raised an eyebrow and got up from the desk he was at and quietly traveled to the door. Seeing David's odd behavior, Chris paused his music. "What's up?" he whispered. David pressed his ear to the door. "I could have sworn they were talking about us..."

As he listened, his eyes grew wide and he quickly back-stepped from the door, which burst open a second later. Standing in front of them was a very strange looking man, only he really didn't look that similar to a man. He had a deranged smile and mismatched eyes. Although David didn't get much of a look at it before he fainted, he recalled a large and long tail curling above and over the beast, somewhat reminiscent of a scorpion. Their uncle stood behind the monster, shaking his head and muttering something. Apparently he wasn't shocked that the monster was in the house. When David glanced behind the beast to look at his uncle he was crying and setting down a cell phone. The sequence of events that followed were all very very blurry to David.

//"I just remember a scream from Chris, though he denies everything. A shadow advanced toward me and with every step the apartment shook. Then, a burst of gold and I'm fairly certain I fainted. I didn't find out until later that the gold was because of the monster exploding into a bunch of dust. I suppose that it is a neat way to go out though, huh? Then I woke up here. At camp."//

Physical Appearance (Eyes/hair/Height/Body Type/Skin Color) "I'm fairly attractive, I'll admit. Although my brother looks very similar to me, I refuse to believe he looks as appealing as I do..."
    David has fairly short light brown hair, usually styled back and out of his face. Light brown freckles reside across the top of his cheek bones and the ridge of his nose. He has a sort of hazel eye coloration, which is actually a bit different from normal hazel, because the outer green color is pretty prominent. His jaw comes down to a nice square, and gives his whole face an overall pleasant appearance. He has rather light skin, sensitive to the sun and often applies copious amounts of sunblock when going to the beach. David stands at five foot nine inches, and is slim, and doesn't have much muscle but has good muscular definition. If one were to catch David on a normal day he would be wearing a muscle tee and khaki cargo shorts and flip flops, or something similar. However in the winter he likes  to wear well fitted jeans and a nice coat.

Personality: "I'm pretty cool to be around, I guess. Chris is the party-hard type, I'm a little more chill. I guess he got all of the energy and I got the boring."
    David is much more toned-down than his counterpart. It is highly reflected in the boy's music as well. David loves classical music, and even composes it. He listens for the different melodic effects and variations. Concerning friends and acquaintances, David tries hard not to offend anyone. He has a really kind and quirky disposition and tries to socialize as much ad possible. He doesn't exactly make friends with everyone he meets, but he certainly knows almost everyone. He reserves his personality to those who he thinks can prove close friends. The downside to this is that he has a good reputation for being nice to uphold, making him wound tightly. He is fluid when he considers who he is attracted to. As long as he likes the person (though he often leans towards liking guys a little more) it doesn't typically matter the gender. Furthermore, he can be really easy going, but hardly ever takes risks. Once he snuck out of camp, with the help of his former Hermes cabin mates, to go see a symphony. That was about the worst thing he's done. This trait of his to not take any risks pushes David into a safe zone which he doesn't disturb, making new experiences for him undesireable. Another bad thing about David is that he can be quite obsessive. He can lose himself for hours doing any little thing, whether it's practicing an instrument, drawing, writing music. When he finds a new hobby, he can't stop doing whatever it is, until he finds a new one. It becomes his life for a while. This becomes evident in his past relationships as well. Although few, he often gets extremely attached to any guy he happens to be with, until he decides to move on, or if they decide he is too clingy. He has a hard time saying yes. David is also pretty horrible at standing up for himself, or confronting anything that needs to be confronted. He will often let insults pile up on him without dismissing any of them. He won't directly confront issues or people and it tends to annoy those who need the issue sorted. Furthermore on David's downside is his reclusive nature. David can hardly be motivated to leave his cabin or even his room. When he is persuaded to go out he doesn't venture far and tends to stick to places he knows well. Lastly, David has issue with authority and even adults. He seems to think that they are all the same; that is to say, like his dad. Although he maintains his polite nature when addressing anyone of authority, he deliberately doesn't follow their orders unless he deems it necissary. Overall, though, David is a kind and respectful camper. He likes talking to people and meeting people and loves to compose music. It is his idea that in the future he will leave camp and go to school to study music.

Fatal Flaw: Extreme passion, for David, can be extremely dangerous. While it is a strength for him, able to pick things up easily and perform them at a high level, his ultimate endeavor to become great at something no matter cost can lead to his downfall.
    Pets: None.
    Talents: "Anything that has to do with music, I'm there."
    A great singer helps David be a great composer as well. He loves to play oboe, something he only got because of his repeated attempts to annoy his Dad to death with pleads. He is also really good at keeping to himself.

Weapons: "I dunno, don't care. I don't like to fight."
    David is a flight-not-fight type of guy, unable to confront many things monster or not. In combat his weapon of choice would be to go for a spear or bow and arrows, anything that allows him to be at a distance.

Year-round or summer: "Year round. Like I said, pops hates us."
    Other: Reserved for additions

Last edited by Brennan. on 3/9/2014, 10:13 am; edited 3 times in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

New character for Brennan Empty Re: New character for Brennan

Post by Kendall 3/8/2014, 3:40 pm

Describe the boys' childhoods a bit more -- had their father always despised his sons? Why did he hate them?

What kind of monster had been in the apartment, and what was their uncle's role in this? What was the flash of light for, and how had they gotten to camp?
    Brennan.

Male

Post by Brennan. 3/8/2014, 5:26 pm

Edited
    Christian
    Christian

Female
    Number of posts : 2417
    Registration date : 2011-07-01

Post by Christian 3/8/2014, 11:54 pm

You'll need 2 more other flaws besides his fatal flaw.
    You left out the Powers section, although I just assume he has none.
    Brennan.

Male

Post by Brennan. 3/9/2014, 10:14 am

Edited
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906