A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Just look at the Stars...

Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1567
    Registration date : 2012-12-10

Just look at the Stars... Empty Just look at the Stars...

Post by Bucky Barnes 3/18/2014, 7:20 pm

Marie wandered into the Observatory... on purpose. She really did love being in here, looking at the sky. She recognized stars and constellations immediately. Her blue streaked blond hair was pulled back into a pony-tail and she had a sweatshirt pulled over her regular camp shirt. Her jeans were covered in doodles of stars and constellations.
    Marie walked over to one of the telescopes. Her hands moves skillfully across it to focus on certain things in the sky. She let out a sigh. All alone again... She muttered, looking back up into space.
    loki
    loki

Male
    Number of posts : 20
    Registration date : 2014-03-15

Just look at the Stars... Empty Re: Just look at the Stars...

Post by loki 3/19/2014, 8:38 am

Jim squinted up at the night sky through a telescope, mapping constellations easily for what seemed like the seven-thousandth time. Seriously, there wasn't much a guy could do in the observatory, but it was okay, because space was just about Jim's favorite thing, like, ever. He remembered sometimes being able to see the stars every night in Iowa, lying on his back in a field after he snuck out of his room. It was one of the few times he could be still for more than two minutes.

Not much has changed, Jim thought ruefully, pulling away from the telescope, leaning back in his chair. He tapped his pencil against his notepad in an irregular beat. He was still kinda bored, same as he was in Iowa. Maybe he'll move to Russia next, join a circus and be able to see the stars every night again. Nah, it would be too cold in Russia.

His attention was pulled away from circuses when he heard a sigh from across the room. He turned his head in that direction, seeing a morose-looking girl. "Hey, what are you sighing about?" Jim called, grinning lopsidedly, joking. "You're looking at space, there's nothing sigh-worthy about space."
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 3/19/2014, 2:47 pm

Marie jumped when she heard a boy talk from behind her. "Holy crap, you scared me!" She breathed, smiling at him. "I was just lonely, I didn't know you were in here." Marie flipped her bangs out of her dark blue eyes.
    The boy had apparently been there the whole time, because the door to this room was extremely loud and there was no way she wouldn't have heard him come in. How did I not notice him? She though, biting the side of her mouth. I hope he's not homicidal... At that thought, she became aware of the knives concealed in her sleeves, pressing against her skin.

She tilted her head to the side and wondered what his name was, who his parent was. She hoped he was't her brother.. because she would feel bad for not recognizing him. Usually the only campers in the Observatory were her siblings, other children of Ourania.

Marie smiled again. "I'm Marie, by the way." She said, offering her hand. "My mother is Ourania. Wonder why I'm in here..." She gestured around the Observatory. It wasn't hard to figure out why she loved stars so much when her mother was the goddess of Astronomy.
    She did look a lot like her mom. If the deep blue eyes weren't enough, then the lightly streaked hair was probably a tip-off. "Who are you?" She finally asked.
    loki
    loki

Male
    Number of posts : 20
    Registration date : 2014-03-15

Post by loki 3/19/2014, 3:31 pm

Lonely, huh? Jim guessed it did get pretty lonely sometimes at camp, especially if you were from a minor god cabin. Ourania kids weren't very common. Jim grinned, rolling his eyes.

"Yeah, wonder why." He shook her hand anyway. "Jim Thorn, son of Athena. Nice to meet you." He looked up at the domed ceiling of the observatory, painted a deep, dark blue, setting off his bright blue ones. Looking back at Marie, he nodded to her hair. "Nice hair, Marie." He noted, eyebrows raised slightly. It really was cool, the blue streaks that almost matched her eyes. Hmm, maybe Jim had too much blue in his life. Blue eyes, blue ceiling, blue hair... it was getting out of hand. Turning around, he let out a breath, more like a huff. He picked up his notepad, flipping it shut (taking great care not to get a paper cut because he hated those, like come on, there were so many other ways to get cut, like a sword or something, but paper cuts stung like hell and were stupidly wimpy).

"I can leave you alone, if you want." He offered. She looked slightly uncomfortable. Besides, he already knew the constellations like the back of his hand.
    Bucky Barnes
    Bucky Barnes
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Bucky Barnes 3/19/2014, 4:04 pm

"No, don't leave. I don't really like being alone. I start to impale things when I am alone." Marie said it with such sincerity that she was afraid he would find it creepy. "And, ah, thanks." She replied, referring to the hair thing, brushing her bangs behind her ear. She really did like the streaks in her own hair, but obviously didn't say that very often.

Marie noticed him roll his eyes. "Nice to meet you too..." She realized her sentences were a little out of order, but she was major ADHD, like most demigods were. Mostly in her free time she drummed with her fingers or drew on her jeans. The ones she was wearing made her a walking map of the stars.

Marie looked back up at Jim. He had offered to leave, but he kind of looked like he loved it up here. Marie leaned back over to her telescope, looking up at the stars. The sky wasn't necessarily clear tonight, but she found Zoe's constellation anyway. She didn't know the entire story of Zoe. All she knew was that Zoe was a hunter, and she died while on a quest with Percy Jackson. Artemis gave her a place in the stars. Marie hadn't had much time to study her constellation since she came to camp. "I assume you like space?" She asked Jim without bothering to look back at him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 5:08 pm