A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+2
kayt smells
Morgan Landry
6 posters

Capture the Flag #14 -- Game 4.

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Capture the Flag #14 -- Game 4. Empty Capture the Flag #14 -- Game 4.

Post by Morgan Landry 3/21/2014, 6:24 pm

OOC: Yo, kids. This Capture-the-Flag will also include NPCs. NPCs are Non-Player Characters, which means that those chars will be either made up from scratch or taken from the minor canon character list, to be RPed by every member of the team he or she belongs to. They are just there to fill the teams and give the impression that there are more than just four demigods on each one.
    Each team will be bumped up with four randomly made-up characters. If you read our PM to the end, you must have read their descriptions. Also, no NPC has powers.

Now to the RPing rules:
    1) NO TELEPORTING OR USING MACHINES TO GET TO THE OTHER TEAM'S FLAG.
    2) You MUST post at least five times before even GETTING to the other team's territory after Chiron blows the horn to begin the game. Consider what the other people in the topic are posting. If there's an arrow flying at you, dodge or get hit. But under NO circumstances can you post "I run," then "I dodged all attacks," to "I get to the other team's territory." You cannot dodge everything.
    If your character gets attacked or fights, you must have him or her get hurt. No need for maiming or losing limbs, but a wound, a bruise, a slash, a cut and such must be there.
    3) If you reach the other team's flag, and there's a person posting as a character there, you MUST engage that person in battle before getting the flag for at least two posts. If you do get the flag, you must post at least three times before reaching the border between both teams' territories while considering everything the other people in the topic are posting.
    4) Obviously, no god-modding or power-playing. If this is seen, you will be kicked out of the game after one or two warnings.
    5) Remember, kids -- powers make people tired!
    6) Flags must be visible; don't say it's in a cave or in a tunnel/lake or whatever.
    7) Try not to kill/maim other people.
    8) Remember that your character(s) don't know where the other team's flag is.
    NPC rules:
    1) RP only the NPCs assigned to your team.
    2) Do not powerplay with the NPCs.
    3) Rp the NPC based off the details we gave you about them. You are not allowed to add to them beyond what you have been told about them.
    4) If you are caught powerplaying using a NPC, you will be warned and replaced in the team by somebody else after a couple of warnings.

BIC: Chiron trotted forwards, one side of him appearing slightly orange in the setting sunlight. He was wearing a green T-shirt that read 'Centaur n°1' and had his quiver around his back with his bow on his shoulder.

"Good evening, heroes," he said, his warm eyes sparkling with amusement. "Tonight, like all other Friday evenings, we are having a Capture-the-Flag game. (He looked at all the assembled demigods.) However, this time, as I told you, we are having several teams."

He unraveled the parchment he had kept rolled up in his hand.

"First game. On the red team, Audrey (Cratus), Nephilim (Deimos), Astrid (Bast), Joel (Holler), Kara (Eris), David (Demeter) and Natalia and Butch (Iris), you will be fighting the blue team: Jane (Melinoe), Rachel (Apollo), Nova (Hephaestus), Elizabeth (Athena), Mark(Ares), Sophie (Hermes), Cecilia (Tyche) and Johanna (Triton)." He rolled the parchment back up. "No complaining, no changing. Now each team go to their flag. I will stay near the river, where ambrosia and nectar will be provided in case of injuries. Remember, killing and maiming will be severely punished."

"Five days without dessert," Mr. D put in.

"Now off you go. The game starts when you hear the horn."

The teams disappeared in the forest and Chiron galloped towards the stream, his white fur clearly visible between the trees. A couple of Infirmary satyrs were assisting him, holding nectar, ambrosia, bandages and medicine ready.
    Once everybody was in position, Chiron blew his horn.
    kayt smells
    kayt smells

Female
    Number of posts : 630
    Registration date : 2013-09-25

Capture the Flag #14 -- Game 4. Empty Re: Capture the Flag #14 -- Game 4.

Post by kayt smells 3/21/2014, 7:52 pm

I had my dagger in my hand, my sword in my pocket, and my armor on. I was ready, mentally and physically. I was prepaired to sneak around, I was good at being quiet. I normally am quiet actually, I usually never talk to people except for a few. We had placed our flag near the border of the forest, it is surrounded by a few trees, so it is visible but hidden. I heard Mr. D's threat of no dessert for 5 days, and that worried me more than anything for people would be 'severily punished' for killing someone by getting dessert taken away. Oh boy, this should end peacefully, without a scratch on anyone and both teams in a tie. In my dreams. I know some people at camp are brutal, and some that are seriously crazy. I have seen some people, and I worry about them sometimes. I know some people have been killed at camp, and the killers had gotten away with it easily. 'I'm prepared for this.' I spoke to myself silently outloud. I wasn't on defense, thank god. I am a runner, my long legs got me in long distances in a short amount of time. Problem is that I can run long distances fast, but I run out of breath soon. I woud have to control the distance i ran, just to make sure I wouldn't run out of breathe. I am the planner. 'The horn hasn't gone off so I have some time to think of an action plan to retrive the flag and get defense good enough planned out.'

Thoughts poured in through my head, we definatly would need Mark in combat, son of Ares would be needed in such a battle. Johanna, daugher of Triton should definatly go near the river, it would help out since the river is near the border of the forest. If someone was to try to capture the flag, she would definatly be good there. Maybe Rachel in the trees, for she was a daughter of Apollo. Her aim with a bow should be good from all the practices they have everyday in the archery. She could have the defense, up in a tree near the flag. Then Nova woul-.

My thoughts where interuppted by a horn, capture the flag was to start now. My thoughts inturupted, I wanted to take the lead. The team was on the other side, planning out their stradiges. I would have to call my team together possibly, to plan before taking action.

"Alright guys, I have brought together idea's for our defense and on whom is to retrieve the flag and whom is to fight. I was thinking maybe Mark was to help retrieve the flag along with me, and you Johanna maybe you could go near the river, and you could possibly help out with defense since our flag, I was thinking should be placed on the border of the forest covered by some trees near the river so that links to Rachel whom maybe could also be on defense, if she is good with a bow she could shoot at the people who are to get near the flag without being seen maybe. And that is all I have planned so far. Its only suggestions so you don't have to do what I say. Oh and you can call me Lizzy"

I took in a breathe, I spoke all at once. No breathes in between, I had no time to waste. I waited for their response. Giving out looks showing them we had little time before the other team was to catch up. I was nervous, I never spoke to so many people at a time. The most people I socailized with was Jason and Victoria, one of witch was my haf sister. Would they hate me? Did I come off as bossy? Well that doesn't matter, as long as we win without any lives being taken. I sent a smile at them, hopefully letting them know I was trying my best to be friendly and kind while hurrying.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 10415
    Registration date : 2012-02-21

Post by Holly 3/22/2014, 4:48 am

Rachel mode in agreement at once after hearing the quickly thought out plan and reached around to her back to grasp her custom bow, bringing it around to her front to quickly examine the string and te reinforced section that could be used as a melee weapon. "That plan sounds peachy to me" The child of Apollo said quickly as she dipped her hand into her waist quiver, selecting an arrow and slotting it into place on her bow, ready to fire. "I'll go and provide ccover for you Lizzie, just give me a moment" She stared and with a smile, she was off towards the border. She didn't cross it though when she arrived, instead she stayed back a little and held her bow ready, prepared to release a storm full of sharp tips at the oncoming enemy.

The long range weapon was not her only device of fighting though, she was prepared to fight in close quarters as well with the two other weapons she had on her. Both were contained on her upper thigh, strapped in the form of eight inch staves which expanded when she willed them to. Then, if all else failed she could attempt and see how much some simple hand to hand techniques would work in such a fight. Her armor was regulation, although it's was her own personal set and contained less pieces then normal, so she could move faster and not have to be hindered by the armor. Then the horn blew and she ducked in the talk grass beneath a tree, the creek line in her sight as she held her now up and ready, an arrow already notched.

Jane frowned, not hearing her name in the plan. Then again, Jane wasnt going to follow the plan anyways and would concentrate on hacking up the enemy and maybe getting to the flag. She didn't care though, the only reasons she even participated in these games was the possibliltie to murder. Who even cares about the penalty?! Seriously, there wasnt capital punishment or any of that nonsense that the real world container, so it was fairly easy to get away with murder, or whatever else you could think of. "So, you gonna include me in your plan?" The child of Melinoe sneered, her armor ragged and ancient, a bloodstained machete in each hand. Her face wouldn't show beneath the helmet she wore, although there wasnt anything to see in the first place.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/23/2014, 6:18 am

Falko had gone to the forest, into the clearing where they had put the red flag. Near the far end of it, it was clearly visible, it's vivid red color contrasting against the green of the rustling tree leaves.
    The daughter of Deimos was wearing her black armor over a pair of camouflage trousers and a brown cotton shirt. Her two daggers were sheathed and she had her crossbow on her shoulder.
    The strategy had already been discussed, so she positioned herself next to the flag, taking her competition crossbow on her arm. The blue team could have fun coming here, she thought.
    David had already disappeared into the woods with Astrid, like Butch and Audrey a few seconds earlier. Falko nodded at Natalia and Kara, and they two went away.

OOC: I apologize for the short post. My internet time is quite restricted. Also, if you could please keep up this rhythm of one post per day for each user it would be awesome otherwise I won't be able to keep up xD it's only for a couple of days, dw.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 3/24/2014, 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf
    Non-conforming Criminal Mastermind

Male
    Number of posts : 1565
    Registration date : 2012-02-25

Post by Alpha Wolf 3/23/2014, 8:17 am

Joel sat among the trees as the others went out to position for there jobs. His was a simple one, to guard the flag with this Falko girl that was on his team. Simple enough. Though even with simple Joel had a tendency to go off and do something else because of boredom. And he must say that he was dead bored right now. The flag that he had to prtect was sitting in the clearing of this meadow, surrounded in a circle by trees. Such a simple target to capture when you see only the one person there, enough people and you could over power her. But then you forget the trees. And forgetting the trees equals forgetting about Joel and where his arrows could be flying from. After all...what's fun about a game except to shoot the flag out of the person's hands and then send arrow after arrow till they are running for the hills.

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/24/2014, 12:33 pm

After Joel had disappeared into the trees, Nephilim leaned against the wooden pole of the red flag, which was flapping in the wind over her head. She was holding her carbon fibre crossbow in her arms, all four bolts notched and her index resting on the trigger. She was vigilant, her eyes darting around even though it would take the blue team quite some time to reach their flag.

Butch had gone off with Audrey, dressed in olive fatigues and hoplite armor. He regretted not having a pegasi or a horse right now, it would've been so easy....

David had gone with Astrid, pacing silently in the woods, as silently as a breeze. Perhaps walking silently in nature came from being the son of Demeter...who knew.

As for Kara and Natalia, they were walking in the forest not really silently as they stepped on dead branches and leaves every few seconds. Once at the river, Kara said: "You take the left side, I take the right one." They split up, both going into the bushes to hide, holding their weapons ready.
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female
    Number of posts : 33821
    Registration date : 2010-07-13

Post by Steve Rogers 3/25/2014, 7:52 am

Audrey Herrero was a short, muscular, big-boned girl. She might be seen as overweight to some people, but this was not the case; it was all muscle mass. Defense bored her (she needed a change of scenery from time to time), so she made the active decision to play defense. She was fast (despite her short size and heavy bone-structure) but stealth wasn't her forte. Still, she went off charging into the forest towards the other team's territory.

However, with all the loud crunching around, it soon became apparent that she couldn't go after the other team's flag without attracting the attention of every living thing from here to Mexico. So she came up with a new plan. She hailed down the boy who had come with her (What was his name? Bert? Butch? Yes, that was it: Butch) and whispered her new plan in his ear.

OOC Omigosh! I'm so sorry for the really late post! I totally spaced!
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/25/2014, 12:11 pm

Butch listened to Audrey's plan, then whispered something back, looking around. It was true that walking silently in a forest was tough, except if you were walking on paths, but that was so predictable.

David glanced at Astrid, who did not look back. Tightening his grip around his weapon, he kept going, squinting to catch sight of the river.
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 4/1/2014, 9:17 am

Joel sat in the trees a little longer then sighed for a moment figuring that people wouldn't be coming anytime soon. Seeing this outcome in his head, he slipped down to the ground and walked over to the flag where Falko was standing. "I think this is by far the most tense yet most boring Job." He stated to her. It was a lame attempt at a conversation given that they had to be on guard, but really, who's gonna show up 2 minutes into the game? No one unless they are fahking Quicksilver or The Flash family. He sighed under his breathe taking a mental bet with himself of how long it'd take people to show up.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/2/2014, 7:02 am

Falko turned to the sound of Joel slipping down the tree. He came forward towards her, his bow on his shoulder and his quiver on his back.

"I think this is by far the most tense yet most boring Job."

The daughter of Deimos smirked. "Indeed. I would have really liked to go in attack for once, but people always stick me with the flag." She kicked at a stone, who bounced away.

OOC: Zachattac's post.

BIC: Rachel had made her way off to the river, although it had taken her several minutes to get there, and a few more to find a nice big boulder she could hide behind. After ducking beneath the granite, the child of Apollo pulled out her specially crafted bow, examining the twin strings. She glanced over her shoulder once, looking across the river to make sure that no one was there, and as far as she could see, no one was. Looking back at her weapon she slid on her single archers glove, making sure it was tight before going over the arsenal of her arrows.
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female
    Number of posts : 33821
    Registration date : 2010-07-13

Post by Steve Rogers 4/2/2014, 8:38 am

Audrey began making her way over to the Blue team's territory with Butch in tow. And she had some great ideas to distract the oblivious blue team when they got there.

"I've got a couple of ideas to distract the blue team," Audrey hissed, voice thick with a heavy Spanish accent. "But I want to hear your ideas, too. Nothing subtle, understand? Like, if you stole a bunch of fireworks from New Years and you currently have them stashed in your pocket- now would be a good time to tell me,"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/6/2014, 6:48 am

"Sorry, Audrey," Butch replied. "I've got only my sword and shield."

He stomped through a bush that was in his way, cracking some branches. "Hey! Watch where you're going you oaf!" somebody exclaimed and Butch turned to see an angry bush nymph dressed in jeans and a green shirt, her brown curls falling around her youthful shoulders. "M'sorry," he said, "but you were kinda in the way. Ouch!" A heavy bush branch had swatted him in the knees, then the nymph disappeared in a puff of green smoke. "Damn nymphs, so touchy."

"What are your ideas though?" he asked Audrey. "I'm good only for combat. Tricks and gizmos ain't my thing, except if they got something to do with horseriding."
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state
    Number of posts : 800
    Registration date : 2014-03-11

Post by calvin 4/7/2014, 8:09 pm

Nova was long gone and was pretty close to the lake. He had a few matches in his back pocket, in case he couldn't use fire, and some water in a canteen. "So, where's their flag?". He didn't really care if they won or not, he just wanted to have some fun. So, he charged into his enemies. "Sh--, you guys can't take a hit!" he said, ecstatic.

OOC: Sorry it's so short. Couldn't really come up with anything.
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 4/8/2014, 10:55 am

The Deimos daughter told of how she'd much rather charge the flag even though she was constantly left back to guard. "Sound like getting the short end of the stick to me."told her as he glanced around briefly thinking he heard some branches snapping as people we're coming closer. He then saw some wildlife run by and his paranoia subsided briefly. He readjusted his quiver and relaxed for a moment. "This waiting just kinda makes you wish they'd hurry up and get here." He said quietly
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/9/2014, 7:23 am

OOC: It's alright, Jeremy.

BIC: "Sh--, you guys can't take a hit!"

Kara glanced at Natalia. On the other side of the river stood a boy, who was coming charging at them. As soon he had crossed the river, the daughter of Eris rose, a mean smirk on her face.

"Would you like to find out, pretty boy?" she asked, holding her spear while Natalia stayed in hiding.

----

David and Astrid had reached the river. The son of Demeter looked left and right, catching sight of Kara pointing her spear at a boy from the other team which he recognized as Nova, a son of Hephaestus.

"C'mon," he whispered to Astrid and started crossing the river by stepping on the boulders.

----
    "This waiting just kinda makes you wish they'd hurry up and get here."

Falko smirked at that. "My wish is that the border defense doesn't keep all the fighting to themselves," she stated, cracking her fingers. "They've been so egotistical last time. There was almost nothing left for me."

She grinned, displaying her teeth in a predatory smile.
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state

Post by calvin 4/9/2014, 6:14 pm

"Awesome! A female opponent. Let's see how this goes." Nova says. Nova attempts to slash at her arms, while also trying to use his fire power to burn her, tiring him out. "Once we're done-- How about a date?" he says slyly. "My treat." he says with a smirk on his face.

OOC: Dying to see what you say xD
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/10/2014, 8:56 am

Kara jumped aside like a panther as he released fire, but didn't see the slash coming. It cut through her sleeve and bracer, leaving a deep red line in her arm. With an annoyed growl, she unstrapped what was left of the arm greave and let it drop on the ground.

"Once I've kicked your ass, sure," Kara snarled and aimed a hit at Nova's shoulder with her spear, holding her shield tightly.

-----

The fighting had started, David could see as he stepped onto the enemy's shore. Nova was obviously a fire-maker, he noticed, as he let out flames at Kara, the daughter of Eris. But where was Natalia?
    Oh well. Probably still in hiding.

He made his way into enemy territory with Astrid.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 4/10/2014, 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 4/10/2014, 9:08 am

"Border defense can't keep the fighting to themselves forever." He said to her as he glanced around and then sat down next to the flag. Some would call him dumb for it, but after many times of being in trees shooting arrows at people he could fire off a volley of them easily from his position. "I always find these games rather stupid, all the people that can't work as a team and such. Why bother with them if people can't actually do what the game intends you to do?" He said to her even though judging just from looks she might be one of those people that would give a remark that seemed close enough to slapping him upside the head.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/10/2014, 12:25 pm

"Because it trains you," Falko replied. "Everything we learn to do now is to train for out there. It's a simulation, nothing more. As for those who don't get team work.... This is precisely why these games take place, so we can see what each can do and what each does when in a certain situation."

The Asian looked down at sitting Joel.

"They're not as pointless as you might think."

"Where do you think their flag is?" David whispered to Astrid, who didn't reply. "Alright, let's try Zeus's Fist."
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state

Post by calvin 4/10/2014, 11:19 pm

Nova moved out of the way in time to not get hurt too badly, but it still grazed his arm and left a bright red mark where it had made contact. Nova backed up and hurled a fireball that wasn't hot enough to hurt her too badly, but enough to do some significant damage. "So, if you kick my ass, it's a date? I'm kind of indecisive..." Nova pondered on the thought as he continued to jab at her with the tip of his blade. "Hmm... Maybe I will let you win."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/11/2014, 2:59 am

"If you let me win, that won't be really kicking your ass," Kara hissed, parrying his blows and blocking his fire with her shield. However, the sudden rise of temperature made the metal hot for a short second, but enough for Kara to cry out. "Damn you Hephaestus kids and your fire powers," she growled, aiming another hit at Nova.

---

They found nothing at Zeus's Fist. David kicked a stone out of his way and dove back into the forest with Astrid.
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 4/14/2014, 12:27 am

Joel found her answer distasteful. Weird considering that normally he wouldn't give a fahk. "I get that it's a simulation but it's a team simulation. You have to work like one or you're a dead man, 9 times out of 10 you have back up in some form unless you just recently found out you're a demigod. Even then a satyr is usually there to help. Far as I'm concerned if you think you can show boat then this is a pointless waste of time. It'd be easier to do simulations in the arena where you can kick an egotistic person's ass in front of everyone rather than have to do it in a capture the flag game where he's just going to walk away thinking that's he's still tough sh!t." Joel stated as he pulled out a cig and took a couple drags on it, the smoke filling the air and then vanishing. He glanced up at her for a brief moment before glancing around the forest in search of signs of the other team.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/15/2014, 9:42 pm

Falko burst out laughing and was unable to catch her breath for a couple of moments.

"I like you," she finally said, tears glinting at the corners of her eyes.

--------

David continued searching through the Forest, slowly. The flag must be at an obvious spot but where?
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 4/18/2014, 10:08 am

Joel wasn't exactly sure what was funny about what he said, but he didn't really let the confusion persist. "Joel Winters, Son of Holler." He stated realizing that proper introductions weren't ever established. It wasn't much really but it was something to continue the conversation. Hell fighting certainly wasn't happening anytime soon. "And you?" He asked her.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/19/2014, 10:16 am

"Nephilim Del Nero, but please call me Falko," she replied. "Daughter of Deimos."

So Joel was a Norse guy. Interesting. There weren't a lot, really; if she had had to guess she would have said some Underworld deity.

Branches cracked under David's foot, leaves whipped his face, but he carried on with Astrid.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 1:26 pm