A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Keep calm and go to Scotland.

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Keep calm and go to Scotland.  Empty Keep calm and go to Scotland.

Post by Morgan Landry 4/9/2014, 11:59 am

Keep calm and go to Scotland.  Tumblr_myx5lw394N1r0vv2so1_500

It was about four in the afternoon when James and Jana Kay arrived at Edinburgh airport, pulling their suitcases behind them. Jana was wearing a green shirt printed with the words 'Little Miss Sunshine' with a pair of comfortable yellow jeans and her Chuck Taylor's, one blue, one green. They were greeted at the airport by Jana's father, Damian Robertson, her stepmother An and the two twins, Sheri and Opal, who ran to Jana and hugged her.

"Dad, An, this is James," she said, and the two parents shook his hand.

"Yes, Jana told us a lot about you already," her father said with a warm smile.

"It's very nice to see you," An added.

They led them to their car, a little green Golf, and drove away to Stirling, a town between Edinburgh and Glasgow where they owned a little house.

Keep calm and go to Scotland.  Tumblr_mvl71fnNHm1r80l6oo1_500

They got their suitcases out of the car and Jana Kay showed James his room, in the first floor. They were welcomed by the barks of a cocker, which Jana introduced, laughing, as their dog Vivaldi.

"We got some cats too," she replied. "Mine must be here somewhere, he's called Summer."

The house of the Robertson's was a joyful mess. Books and objects were piled up a bit everywhere. Flowers and plants could be found at every corner. Not to mention the living tornado Sheri and Opal represented, storming randomly in and out of the rooms with their copper brown hair, sparkling eyes and freckled faces.

James and Jana spent the rest of the day in the garden first, doing a water fight that James easily won, then eating supper on the patio before going up into Jana Kay's bedroom for a Harry Potter night that ended at approximatively two am.

The next morning, they went down into the kitchen for breakfast, Jana Kay still in her green pajamas. It was a Scottish breakfast: bacon, eggs, baked beans, grilled tomatoes, potato scones called tattie scones, sausage, mushrooms, as well as porridge, haggis, and black pudding. Jana Kay ate as much as she could from everything under the amused eyes of her parents.

"So what are you two doing today?" her father finally asked, sipping his coffee.

"I was thinking James and I could go to the cliffs. Whatcha think, Captain Haddock?" she playfully smiled at James.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 4/9/2014, 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 8666
    Registration date : 2012-03-11

Keep calm and go to Scotland.  Empty Re: Keep calm and go to Scotland.

Post by Perca 4/9/2014, 1:22 pm

I still couldn't believe how Jana had managed to bring me here along with her

Flashback

A few months after our trip to Greece, I was sitting on my bunk staring outside my window when a familiar blonde haired girl rushed in the cabin. Jana, my bestest friend and not-so-secret love of my life, was wearing her usual mismatched shoes and her biggest smile.

"We are going to Scotland. And you are not getting out of this"she stated and handed me my airplane ticket

End of flashback

Right, she could be very persuasive. I was brought back to the present when she shook my shoulder.

"Huh, what? Yeah, sure"I answered, not really caring what she had asked me as long as it was something we'd get to do together.

I looked around at the cozy kitchen of her house. Her younger sisters were simply adorable, just like their eldest sister, and her dad was welcoming and open-hearted, just like her step-mother. They may not be blood related, but they were both incredible, each in her own special way. I grinned at Jana and took a bite of my slice of bread.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/10/2014, 10:10 am

"We're taking the bus of 10 o'clock, then," Jana smiled.

"Sweetheart, you overslept. It's already a quarter past ten," An said with an amused expression.

"What?"

The whole kitchen laughed. Sheri and Opal were chuckling loudest and longest.

"The plane trip must have made you a bit sleepy, dear," An giggled.

"That or the water fight," her father put in with a smile.

"Oh dear," Jana laughed, "I'm so sorry. We'll take the 11 o'clock bus then."

"That's right. When will you be back?"

"Oh, I don't know, how about.... 6 pm? 7 pm? I guess we'll be spending quite a lot of time there."

They finished their breakfast at around 10:30 am, after which Jana took a shower and dressed in a comfortable New York sweatshirt and a pair of clear white trousers with her mismatched Chuck Taylor's. She hurtled down the stairs, jumping the last five down to land in front of James.

"Ready?" she asked, holding her backpack over her shoulder. "I've made us some sandwiches, but we got money to go to a restaurant if needed," the daughter of Demeter smiled.

Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 4/11/2014, 9:31 am

I couldn't help but secretely laugh along with Jana's sisters. Her expresion was priceless; all wide eyes and light blush. So much like her.

As soon as I was done with my breakfast, I rushed in my room and chose my outfit for the day before jumping in the shower. Hurrying in fears of being late, I quickly put on my new, ripped black jeans and dark blue shirt with a hippocampi on the front. I pulled on my jean jacket before walking out of the door and down the stairs. Soon, Jana joined me. I grinned at her and took her backpack, passing it over my shoulder.

"Let's go then! We don't want to miss the bus again!"I teased her
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/12/2014, 10:08 am

Jana Kay gently punched his shoulder as he teased her, a large grin on her face.

"Come along, Mr Bond," she chuckled.

After having hugged and kissed all her family goodbye, Jana Kay walked out of the house with James, down the little stone stairs and out into the street. She briefly heard Vivaldi bark but they were already off, walking towards the bus station. It took them about two minutes to get there, then they sat on the handrails, waiting for the bus, chatting and laughing.

The bus arrived a couple of minutes later and they bought their tickets before taking their seats at the back of the bus.

"Cute shirt," Jana Kay commented, grinning. The little hippocampus looked cute, but even cuter with James wearing it.

They talked, laughed and listened to music throughout the trip, Jana's playlist being mainly composed of rock'n'roll, rockabilly, and happy pop songs. Pharrell William's single 'Happy' was definitely among her new favorites.

The ride lasted two hours, and they stepped off the bus at a little town in the countryside. They could already see the cliffs and started walking in their direction, the wind blowing and tearing at their hair and clothes. Jana had to spit out some strains, giggling, before braiding her hair and attaching them with plaited flowers she had picked on the side of the path. Next to them, endless fields were spreading up soft hills, mostly wheat, as Jana recognized.

Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 4/12/2014, 1:19 pm

The time in the bus seemed to pass in a blur and soon we were standing next to some fields.

"Nice place. Have you been coming here a lot as a kid?"I asked curiously and wrapped my arm around her shoulders casually as we kept walking. The place did look breathtaking, it was the simple, natural kind of beauty that left you with a smile on your face. I could totally picture a mini Jana running around here.

"So, why did you bring me here again?"I asked teasingly as I pushed some hair that had escaped her braid by the wind behind her ear
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/12/2014, 5:57 pm

"My parents and I often come here on holidays," she agreed, her stomach getting a rush of butterflies that seemed to flap up to her heart and throat as he passed an arm around her. "And why?" She chuckled. "Because it's beautiful. Does one need any other reason?"

They continued walking on the path, teasingly pushing each other, until they reached the cliffs. Nobody was there except a tall man who looked asleep on the grass. Jana stuffed her hands into her sleeves as she beheld the scenery, the wind howling into her ears. She stepped onto the very edge of the cliff, sending some lose stones bouncing down into the crashing waves, twenty meters under them.

"This always gets my blood racing," she told James, grinning.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 4/13/2014, 9:36 am

"You should get back though, it's dangerous"I said worriedly as I stood next to her."If the wind changes course, you might fall. And without me, you'll crash into the water which will feel like cement"

But I could understand why she liked it. It gave you a weird, kind of powerful feeling. I grinned stupidly and turned to face her.

"Wanna jump?"I asked plaufully
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/13/2014, 9:45 am

"Dude, you're mad," Jana giggled, stepping back.

She took his arm and led him away, though still staying quite close to the cliff's edge. If they had been a couple, this would have made a wonderful, slightly romantic walk. For some moments, Jana Kay pretended in her head they were a couple. She pretended that it was perfectly natural for her to take his arm, walking closely side by side, and that it would be even more natural to reach out and take James's hand, or pass her arm around his waist, or, most important of all, to kiss his lips...
    The wind continued to tear at her hair, tousling her braid. Being so close to James made the butterflies in her stomach go all crazy and she couldn't restrain a stupid grin from spreading over her face.

"Hey James," she said, trying to smother her grin, "wanna race?"
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 4/13/2014, 9:56 am

I whined as we walked away but followed quietly. That was until she suggested running.

"Oh, so you hate jumping off cliffs but you wanna race?"I pouted childishly and crossed my arms."Nuh-huh!"

OOC:Super long post, I know :P
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/13/2014, 10:02 am

OOC: Short too, but I'm outbalancing it with dis booteful picture :P

BIC:
    Keep calm and go to Scotland.  Tumblr_mz9v069TDh1tolb8fo1_500

"Mr Bond, there's a difference between falling twenty meters down and running on a safe path," she laughed. "I don't see what you're so afraid of," she playfully added, a glint of mischief in her green eyes.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 4/13/2014, 10:06 am

I gasped in mock hurt."I'm not afraid!"I exclaimed and picked her up."You are!!!! I'm the son of a sea god, woman!"I laughed and tickled her sides
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/13/2014, 10:10 am

Jana Kay started laughing hysterically as he picked her up and tickled her sides, making her wriggle around to escape. Weak with laughter, she couldn't even raise her hands.

"Stop it!" she giggled. "Are you afraid I might outrun you seeing I'm the daughter of an earth goddess?"

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 4/13/2014, 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 4/13/2014, 10:16 am

I chuckled and placed her down

"If I beat you, we jump"I extended my hand for her to shake."No foul game"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/13/2014, 11:53 am

Jana Kay giggled, still unsure, when she caught sight of the man. He had woken up, it seemed, and he was looking straight at them. Perhaps they should've known better than to shout they were children of deities...

"James," she breathed, the butterflies fading away in her stomach, "look around slowly. There's somebody watching us."
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 4/13/2014, 6:33 pm

I froze but casually turned around, pretending to stare at the city as I wrapped my arm around her waist protectively. There he was, a strange guy obviously staring. How long had he been there? What had he heard? Could he see through the Mist? Was it an older demigod?

"What shall we do?"I whispered in her ear when I leaned down to kiss her cheek as a pretence. Not that I didn't like it, but it wasn't the best time for romance right now
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/15/2014, 10:55 pm

"We wait," Jana breathed, turning to be against him and hugging him though keeping an eye on the man. "If it's somebody...not mortal, we should know quite quickly."
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 4/16/2014, 12:18 am

I nodded in agreement, hiding it by burying my nose in her hair."Do you have your weapons ready? My sword is back at your house"I asked in a wisper, covering it with a light laugh, as if she had told me a joke or something funny.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/17/2014, 10:52 am

In front of them, the man suddenly took his hat off in a mocking salutation. He was tall, and seemed to get taller by the second. Now his face was revealed, Jana Kay could see his something like a snake tongue flickering between his fangs. He was not a Cyclops, nor a Laistrygonian. The daughter of Demeter was sure she had seen at least one illustration, but didn't remember.

"Oh dear," she murmured back, her heart starting to race with panic. "I can give you my sword, but I don't know if I packed my labrys."

Opening her bag, she spasmodically searched in it for several moments. No, she didn't have it, she had sandwiches, a bottle of soda, some muffins, a spare shirt just in case, her wallet.... oh, there it was!

"Wrong alert. I have my labrys," she breathed, pulling out her hair needle before giving James her phone. "That's my sword, just switch it on to transform it."

OOC: It's an ophion. Not Ophion, the primordial, but ophion, like, the male counterpart of Echidna.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 4/17/2014, 11:24 am

I quickly turned on the phone, which transformed into a sword in my hand. It wasn't as comfortable as mine, but I could use it easily."What is this thing?!"I yelled over the suddenly loud wind as the monster took his time turning into his true form. Panick seeped in, I hadn't trained in a long time and I was never good at team fighting. Of course Jana was different, but still. What if I messed up and ended up getting us both killed?
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/18/2014, 7:04 am

"I don't know!" Jana Kay shouted back over the wind. "But it's not friendly!"

James had switched her phone on and was now holding her celestial bronze highland dirk, while she turned her hairpin into the double bladed labrys her mother had given her.

The monster came closer. It was huge, at least three meters tall, and there was something like a snake sound accompanying him.

"You should stay near the water, it makes you stronger. I'm going over there!" She told him and dashed off towards the fields.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 4/18/2014, 7:12 am

"Okay, here it goes"I mumbled to myself as I threw two water balls at the monster."HEY, YOU!!!! OVER HERE, YOU UGLY IDIOT!!!!"I yelled in order to distract him from the moving target called Jana. The monster hissed and smirked down at me before attacking. I quickly moved to the side, letting gravity and his momentum work their magic as the giant came crashing down to earth. Not risking going any closer than was safe, I jumped away but still at the edge of the cliff, never breaking my connection with my element
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/19/2014, 7:02 am

James managed to get the monster stumble and hit the ground with a loud, heavy 'thump', making the earth under Jana's feet shake for a second. The daughter of Demeter was almost at the fields when she saw that James was rather close to the monster. Much too close.

"Hey, you!" She shouted and threw a stone at it. "You're so fat, you'll never catch me!"

The monster growled up, obviously torn between killing James and going after her but he must have decided James wasn't a major threat now since he stood up and charged Jana Kay. The blonde girl only had the time to throw herself aside just before getting flattened, rolling back onto her feet several moments later. Here, near the fields, she was in her element. She could feel the wheat shiver in her thoughts, impatient to help her, she could sense the grass, the trees and the flowers all ready to defeat that monster and obey her.

"My game, now," she muttered under her breath, and, wielding her labrys, she ran at him.

However, if the monster was tall and heavy, it was not slow, quite the contrary. There was something reptilian to the way he moved, something fast and smooth that made her think of the undulation of a snake.
    He sidestepped her first move and kicked her up with his XXL feet so hard she felt and heard a distinctive crack in her ribcage. Jana fell down like a stringless marionette and landed heavily in the wheat field, her eyes glass-like and half-open.
    Just the moment she thought she might pass out out of pain, she felt a low rumbling in her thoughts, as if the field and the earth were purring into her mind. The wheat blades all around her started bending as if pushed down by some wind, covering her protectively.
    Jana Kay closed her eyes. It felt exactly like when her mother had hugged her on Mount Olympus, millennia ago. The warmth. The smell of earth and fields. That hint of poppy. The soft delicacy.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 4/19/2014, 7:08 am

"JANA!"I screamed and attacked the monster, pure rage my motivator. I let out a cry as I hit the ankle of the monster with all my power, dancing away before he could get to me. Closing my eyes for a second, I raised my hand and three water balls flew towards the giant, their speed making them feel like cement."TAKE THAT, YOU FREAK!!!"I yelled with all my power and back even further away, trying to catch the monster's attention so Jana could take a break
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/19/2014, 7:23 am

Somewhere, she heard shouting and liquid wooshing, but the sounds were muffled, as if they were reaching her through a thick polyester wall. Jana felt relaxed. Her thoughts had stopped spinning. All she could think about was how comfortable she was, how wonderful the wheat smelled and what a delicious aroma it left on her tongue.
    Moment after moment, her senses got more acute. As if the whole world was progressively passing in high definition. The taste and smell intensified, her vision and hearing got much clearer, her skin became sharply aware of everything touching it: the soft earth, the dry wheat blades, an ant that was scrambling up one finger, the tickling of hair strands, the fabric of her own clothes. She had opened her eyes without knowing it.
    The blades that had covered her slowly moved back up, as if nothing had happened. Still a bit hesitant, Jana Kay heaved herself up onto her elbows, bent her knees, and stood up, earth maculating her hair and clothes. She picked up her labrys.

"Thanks, mother," she whispered, then looked at the wheat field. "Thanks, guys. But I'm gonna ask another favor of you."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 5:22 am