A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

What are we doing here?

moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1177
    Registration date : 2013-10-23

What are we doing here? Empty What are we doing here?

Post by moriarty 4/25/2014, 5:48 pm

{Aurora}
    I walked along the beach, bored as always. I had my magic ukelele strapped to my back along with my backpack. I didn't feel like singing or playing, just walking. Which was weird. I was always singing. I strolled along the beach when I spotted a good spot to sit. It was flat and not too grassy, and it wasn't covered in crap like a lot of other beaches. I pulled a blanket out of my bag and laid it down. Pulling my bag off, I laid myself down and looked at the ever clear skies. Breathing deeply, I closed my eyes and began humming a melody I've known all my life.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male
    Number of posts : 1450
    Registration date : 2012-11-10

What are we doing here? Empty Re: What are we doing here?

Post by jake. 4/26/2014, 3:17 am

What are we doing here? Tumblr_mic96hQB0p1rve2mto1_500
    -----

Arran was underwater as usual, and he was sitting at the bottom of the beach...yes, the actual bottom, seeing that he could breathe. He dove up, then saw a girl in the distance, and her singing was quite stunning, which made him raise his eyebrows a bit. As usual, he was wearing his typical blue swimming pants, and his sharktooth necklace and golden ring, that transformed into wicked weapons. He dove underwater again, swimming at his usual speed, and popped up infront of the girl. "Heya!" He said and grinned. "Was that actually you singing?" He asked , still grinning wickedly, the droplets of water from his hair dripping down his back.

OOC: Sorry, but that gif is just a must. xD
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 4/26/2014, 9:29 am

OOC: It's ok. Any Dan gif is fine by me. XD

As I was humming, I began singing the words to the song aloud. I stopped thinking about people judging me and just went with it. I heard a splash and assumed that someone was swimming in the lake. Then I heard another splash and a voice. I started and sat up quickly, opening my eyes. "Oh my gods, dude. Don't do that!" I examined the boy. He seemed to be about 16, with brown eyes and brown curlyish straightish hair. He was dripping wet, so I assumed he was the splash I heard earlier. After I had calmed down a bit, I replied, "Come here and dry off. And yeah, that was me singing." I pulled a towel out of my bag and laid it down next to me. I moved my ukelele away from the towel that was about to get wet from a stranger sitting on it.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 4/26/2014, 3:32 pm

-----

"Oh my gods, dude. Don't do that!" The girl said, then patted the towel next to her, then adding: "Come here and dry off. And yeah, that was me singing." Arran's eyes widened a bit. "That was really quite good." he said in his slight british accent, although it was only barely noticable. "Thanks for 'de towel." He said, smiling at her and hopping onto the shore, sitting next to the girl. He smiled at her from the side, taking out some black aviators and putting them on, and layed back, trying to get a bit more tan, since he was basically as pale as an albino mouse...okay, not that pale, but still a bit. He put his arms behind his head, and watched the sun through his sunglasses. "So, who's your godly parent? And also, whats you're name?" Arran asked.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 4/26/2014, 5:41 pm

I smiled. He was ever so slightly British. "Thanks. And you're welcome." I said. The boy jumped out of water. He was pasty and skinny. I laughed a little, but quickly stopped as to not make fun of him. After he sat next to me, he put on sunglasses and smiled. He asked me my parent first, then my name. I laughed again. "Wrong order kid. That's like asking someone if they want ketchup with their hotdog!" I snickered at my own stupid joke. I looked down and cleared my throat. "Anyway, my name is Aurora. My mom is Mousika. What about you?" I really didn't expect him to know who my mom was, as I was her only kid at CHB. I just sat there and waited for him to ask me because I really didn't feel like explaining.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 4/27/2014, 3:02 am

-----

"Wrong order kid. That's like asking someone if they want ketchup with their hotdog!" Arran grinned, then the girl added: "Anyway, my name is Aurora. My mom is Mousika. What about you?" Arran raised his eyebrows in a bit of thought. "Sorry, doesn't ring a bell. Also, my name is Arran. I'm a son of Palaemon, god of sharks. Also, I'm pretty sure that I'm the only kid at Camp with that godly parent." he said and laughed. "I'm guessing it's the same with you?"
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 4/27/2014, 9:32 am

Palaemon. Sharks. Okay. I can deal with sharks. "Well, Arran, you'd be right in saying that I'm an only child. My mom's the Horai, or hour, of early morning music." I explained. I'd even asked my mom when I went up to Olympus why I was her only kid, but she just told me it was because she hadn't found anyone like my dad. I played with the tips of my rainbow hair. "I've actually gotten made fun of by the some of the Apollo kids because I'm exactly like them, but have to stay in the "Other Gods" cabin." I looked down at the blanket and tucked my hair behind my ear, not knowing why I just shared that with a complete stranger.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 5/2/2014, 3:20 am

What are we doing here? Tumblr_m96b9pXOwv1rq7hrb
    -----

"Well, Arran, you'd be right in saying that I'm an only child. My mom's the Horai, or hour, of early morning music." Arran smiled. "That's quite cool." He said and smiled politely. He had never actually seen a daughter or even child of this particular goddess before. He shrugged it off. "I've actually gotten made fun of by the some of the Apollo kids because I'm exactly like them, but have to stay in the "Other Gods" cabin." Arran raised an eyebrow slightly. "Apollo kids are show-offs anyway." Arran pointed to the ukulele that Aurora had strapped to her back. "So, you play ukulele?"
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 5/2/2014, 4:59 pm

I nodded. "Thanks buck." I said, my Irish accent slipping through. I smiled, realizing what I said, and decided to use Irish slang for the rest of the conversation. Basically, I figured purposely trying to confuse people was fun. As I was staring off into space, I heard him say something. "Eh? Yes, they are, and yes I do." I pulled it out of its case and showed him.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male

Post by jake. 5/4/2014, 2:51 am

What are we doing here? Tumblr_m96b9pXOwv1rq7hrb
    -----

Arran smiled, and nudged a bit closer to Aurora. "Play some." He said, smiling, and admiring the beautiful instrument. Well, it wasn't really beatiful, but it was intresting, anyways. He realized that she had an irish accent slipping into her words, and he grinned. "Are you...Irish?" He asked, still grinning like mad.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by moriarty 5/4/2014, 9:39 pm

I looked at him. "Okay I guess." I picked up my ukelele and started singing a song I knew well. It was my favorite as a kid. "Somewhere over the rainbow..." I sang. Arran asked something else. "Aye ya Flute." I said, purposefully making my faint Irish accent very prominent.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 8:19 am