A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Sword fighting lessons

Sword fighting lessons Empty Sword fighting lessons

Post by Guest 5/12/2014, 3:47 pm

Petra walked into the arena, sword in her hand and shield resting on her arm. She wanted lessons on how to use them(she got them literally 20 minutes ago)and she searched the arena with her shield shielding her eyes. She couldn't see anyone in the arena at the moment, so she began to attack a dummy with deadly non-accuracy. That is, deadly to herself. She dropped the sword several times, narrowly missing her bare toes-she was barefoot so she could build up caulace((OOC I have no idea how to spell that)) on the bottom of her feet so that she could walk around barefoot and not feel a thing, like the warriors of her tribe had been doing for hundreds of years.
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male
    Number of posts : 935
    Registration date : 2014-01-31

Sword fighting lessons Empty Re: Sword fighting lessons

Post by Brastus 5/12/2014, 4:11 pm

OOC: I'll join this one

Juliana was standing straight in the middle of the arena with the lights turned off on purpose and her senses heightened due to her loss of vision, for it was dark. She calmly inhaled and exhaled for several times in her rigid, yet elegant form until she decided it was time. She clicked her third bracelet on her left forearm and a majestic rapier with a long, thin, yet sturdy looking blade, with a celestial bronze tip and a golden, curling hilt that protected her sword hand, appeared with an explosion of blinding light and flamboyant colors. It was like seeing a lights show for colors of white, red, blue, green and yellow danced as the elegant sword appeared in her hands and the woman in white grasped it. Her eyes were still closed, but as her fingers slipped into the handle of the sword, Juliana focused her light much more until the colors begun to turn into beams of light that spun around her rapidly, creating the illusion of a rainbow around her, the which caused zero damage to anybody. She lifted her blade high, compressed her light into her free hand and converted the harmless beams of multi-colored light into a white orb of light, no bigger than a tennis ball, and threw it high into the air for some twenty feet high until the orb exploded and released a celestial dance of white energy that was of such intensity that it could temporarily blind anybody that wasn't Juliana. The blinding light enveloped the corners of the Arena and the scene of darkness was revealed to be a scene of stones and boulders. She was surrounded by jagged pillars of rock and stone and with her sword in hand, Juliana took a fencing pose, dashed towards a wall of stones that was thick and sturdy, and thirsted her sleek sword's tip into the surface of the wall until it crashed down completely into pebbles and dust. The brilliant light then subsided and revealed the power of her thrust and after feeling impressed with her performance, Juliana smiled to her accomplishment.

" Wow, I have gotten stronger. However, I must grow even stronger if I am to ever to reach father's prowess." said Juliana, who wore a white blouse with a black ruffled skirt and simple, black low-rising shoes. She was proud of her work, but decided to improve even more by closing her eyes again and going back to her original stance with her sword disappearing from her hand. She was totally and completely unaware that someone else had watched her spectacular display of power though.

OOC: After writing all this, I noticed it was a private thread, can I still be part of it though?

Post by Guest 5/12/2014, 6:51 pm

OOC: sure
    BIC: Petra stopped when the lights flicked out. God damn! she thought. There better not be any monsters. All I have to do is try to kill 'em all and they'll win, plus I left my hidden blades in my cabin. she thought glumly. Suddenly rainbows and lights flickered. Then a white orb flew into the air and exploded. Flashing intense light and heat dancing over her eyes, and she screamed in pain and covered them. Green and yellow stars flickered in front of her eyes, and when she opened her eyes, she saw nothing but a
    blank......
    white......
    Nothingness.....
    She sat there for a while, not knowing what to do. Then she opened her eyes. Her left eye seemed perfect-but blurred. Her right eye.....it was still all white over there.

She had gone blind.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 5/13/2014, 5:15 am

The high walls of the Arena cast a crescent of shadow on the sandy ground, covering half of the weapon lockers. I rarely used those lockers, seeing I always carried Apokryphos around, whether at my belt or in ballpoint pen modus in my pocket. My long dark hair was bound in a thick ponytail, and I had changed the color of my eyes to a sparkling turquoise-cyan.
    In the Arena were two girls; one I knew, Juliana, the other one I did not know. Juliana was doing-- something with he powers, I didn't know what. When the orb of light flashed though, I had covered my eyes, but the other girl screamed in pain, flattening her hands on her face.

The light subsided and I ran to her side.

"By the gods, are you alright?" I urgently asked before turning angrily to Juliana. "Putain, mais t'es débile ou quoi? Qu'est-ce qui t'a pris? Regarde ce que t'as fait!" I growled in French.

Post by Guest 5/13/2014, 5:22 am

Petra's vision became normal, but there was a ringing in here ears. A girl ran to her side and asked her something she could not hear, but Petra read her lips. "Well, I'm not sure. My right eye is really blurry, I have a ringing in my ears, and my brain feels like it's on fire. I feel like butterflies and gumdrops. How are you?" She asked sarcastically and shakily stood up, sheathing her sword and clipping her shield onto her back.
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 5/14/2014, 9:46 pm

After hearing a shrill scream, Juliana snapped from her bubble of thoughts and immediately ran to the sides of the girl she and injured She alsmo dismissed her weapon and felt a terrible amount of guilt rising up on her chest. It was her fault someone had gotten hurt and it was the worst feeling in the world. She immediately placed her hands next to the damaged girl's sides on her head and begun to use her healing powers.

"Oh my dear gracious god, I am so sorry for being incredibly clumsy and destructive. I didn't know I had company so I use done of my strongest abilities. Although, you should feel alright in three…two…one. Their, the effect is supposed to have worn off by now. Do you feel better?" Said Juliana as she noticed Morgan, the french girl she met before was also next to the afflicted girl's side.

"Je vous ai dit Morgan, ne m'appelez pas une pute! J'ai fait une erreur et je prends la responsabilité fo actions Rémy. Maintenant s'il vous plaît aidez-moi à sa place, elle doit fixer pendant une minute jusqu'à ce que son cortex oculaire de la lumière ambiante." Said Juliana to Morgan in French as she tender to thé unknown girl's head.

Post by Guest 5/14/2014, 10:24 pm

Petra's vision returned slowly and she heard the conversation once more. "Pourquoi parlons-nous maintenant en français? Je ne suis pas bon dans ce domaine, mais sorte de fluide. Que diriez-vous grec ancien?" She asked in French. She wasn't that good at it but managed. She stood up shakily and had a fit of stars circling her head and she stumbled and fell to the ground again. She put one knee on the ground and concentrated. Harmony means equality. Equal balance. It is disrespectful to be unequal. She told herself and stood up slowly, this time keeping her balance.

Last edited by Chuck Norris on 5/15/2014, 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/15/2014, 3:50 am

OOC: Brastus, I told you in the other topic, putain isn't used like pute. When you say putain it means 'dammit'. Morgan didn't insult Juliana she just said "Dammit, what did you do!" Also I didn't understand some parts of the French she said...

BIC:

"Le quoi?" I asked. "Ça n'existe pas, le cortex oculaire, soit tu parles du globe oculaire, soit tu parles du cortex visuel primaire."

I knew my tone was harsh, but on the other hand, I was quite mad at Juliana. Who did she think she was, using her powers full blast in the Arena? It wasn't a place to train that! She could hurt more people, like she had just hurt this girl. Really, it was not only irresponsibility, it was egoism. When I or other demigods used some of our more dangerous powers, we made sure we did it somewhere nobody would get hurt. Not to mention doing it in an Arena, where the point is to sword fight, was not really logical.

"Yes, sure, we can talk in switch languages," I said, holding her arm as she stood up to support her. "Are you feeling better?" I asked in Ancient Greek.

Post by Guest 5/15/2014, 7:35 am

"Yeah, I guess so. Are there any permanent side affects I should know about?" she asked wearily. "It'd be great to know so I don't get worried when one of my eyes fall out or wow thing, you know?"
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 5/15/2014, 7:14 pm

"Relax my friend, Your eyes will be fine in about two more minutes. However, you should rest up for an additional minute or two, we don't want your corneas to be shaken up so quickly. You took a pretty serious ocular damaging attack. I'm sorry for being an idiot." Said Juliana as she looked at Morgan.

"We should all introduce ourselves I think. I'm Juliana Solidus Lumiere Fleuret, a daughter of Apollo, an archer and a fencer with French blood from Normandy, and I hate Jell-O. " Suggested Juliana as she aided the girl by whatever means she could.

Post by Guest 5/15/2014, 7:47 pm

"Petra. Petra Willowsmith, daughter of Harmonia." She said and held out her hand. She turned to the girl who had yelled at Juliana earlier. "What's your name?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/16/2014, 4:11 pm

"My real name is Theano-Kristo Minalkis, but I settle for Morgan. I'm Greek, French and German," I stated, looking at Petra. She was kind of pretty, I had to say, very pretty. "Oh, and I'm a daughter of Hecate."

She had perhaps deduced it; Morgan, daughter of Hecate. The one who had gone on a Quest to save Zeus with his son Zack and Hammer, a child of Cratus.

"It's super nice to meet you," I added with a frank smile.

Post by Guest 5/16/2014, 4:24 pm

"It's nice to meet both of you also." Petra said very formally. "So.....how come you guys were here in the arena?" She alder curiously and leaned against the wall behind her.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/16/2014, 4:27 pm

"Have a cup of coffee, of course," I joked, then unsheathed my Stygian iron weapon, now in xiphos modus.

The blade was so cold it released strings of ghostly white steam into the hot air, the metal looking like solidified, sharpened darkness.

"So, who wants to drink with me first?" I added with a smirk, my cyan eyes glistening.

Post by Guest 5/16/2014, 4:34 pm

Petra looked confused, not catching on to Morgan's sarcasm. "You have coffee? That'd be great, actually".
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/16/2014, 4:55 pm

"I was joking," I explained with a friendly grin. "I came here for the same reason everybody comes to the Arena: training, fighting, practicing. When I said 'who wants to drink first' I actually asked who would like to train against me first."

Post by Guest 5/16/2014, 5:00 pm

Petra blushed. "Oh, right. Didn't catch your sarcasm there. " She stood up a little straighter. "I need sword fighting lessons. I just got these-" she pulls her sword and shield off her back and showed them to Morgan "-from my mother and I am unbelievably inexperienced with them. I need some help. "
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 5/19/2014, 11:09 pm

"You need to rest up a bit though. Here, allow me to make it all better." Said Juliana to Petra as she placed her finger on her head and took away any damage she might had taken. It wasn't much though so it didn't leave her dammed to the chains of pain or torment.

"My father is Apollo, so I am quite skilled with medicine. However, if you require sword lessons, I would be more than happy to assist you. I was trained by one of the best fencing masters of France, so I know a thing or two about the sword. Did you say your name was Petra?" Said Juliana as she felt her eyes hurt a bit due to taking in the last residues of damage from her ability.

Post by Guest 5/19/2014, 11:13 pm

Petra's eyes lolled back in her head as Juliana touched her, but she regained focus and said, "Yes, Petra. Like from 'Ender's Game'" she said and smiled.
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 5/19/2014, 11:17 pm

"Oh how wonderful. I absolutely loved that movie. Although, I do think Harrison Ford should just retire, he should keep his prestige as an actor intact. At least that is my honest opinion. So wanna practice now that I cured ya of your eye problems?" Asked Juliana as she smiled at Petra and anxiously awaited her response.

Post by Guest 5/19/2014, 11:19 pm

Petra looked over at Morgan then back at Juliana. "Sure." She said. She pulled her sword and shield off her back and the grooves in them glinted in the fluorescent light, showing off the hylian crest and deep blue field in the background. "So what's lesson one?" She asked.
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 5/19/2014, 11:24 pm

"Ah, a quick learner are we now. Well, the first lesson is balance. I'm sorry to say this dear, but if you don't have a strong base, you will be a terrible fighter. Here, allow me to show you." Said Juliana as she entered a purely offensive stance with he legs slightly spread, her knees bent a bit, and her sword, after materializing in a small flash of bright light, was pointed to a boulder.

'You need to be flexible and nimble if you want to be a swords master, but you must first have balance, for once you attain balance, all the other aspects of fighting run along like the water from a creek." Taught Juliana as she did a front-forward, avant, or an advance and extended her arm until it reached the surface of the stone, leaving behind a nice little hole made from the thin tip of her blade.

Post by Guest 5/19/2014, 11:27 pm

Petra copied Juliana's stance and watched her cut a neat hole in the side of a boulder. She spread her legs a bit more and asked, "Did I get it right?"
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 5/19/2014, 11:35 pm

"Oh no, no, no my dear. You got it all wrong. You must be at a comfortable posture. Come on, loosen up, jump a bit with me and relax those stiff muscles." Said Juliana as she started to jump around and let all of her muscles relax and loosen up. She was still holding her sword, but after shaking up, she returned to her posture.

"You must be at a point where you are not fighting with a sword, or holding a sword, but having a sword with you. It is not a weapon, but an exertion of your own will. As long as you have the will and focus to press forward, your sword will simply follow as an instrument of your desires. Sorry for the speech, my step-dad was practically married to fencing so I kinda inherited a bit." Said Juliana with a warm and friendly smile and with her grasping her hands on her back as she examined Petra's posture again.

Post by Guest 5/19/2014, 11:41 pm

Petra blushed. "Eh, I'm fine. No jumping for me." She said and loosened her posture. "Is this better?" She asked.

"Yeah, I've seen enough action movies to know taut a sword is not a weapon but an extension of your arm and whatnot. I've heard the lot. And it's fine, I'm kinda big on long sentences too." She said and grinned.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 11:28 am