A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Strawberry Field Trip

DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male
    Number of posts : 327
    Registration date : 2013-04-26

Strawberry Field Trip Empty Strawberry Field Trip

Post by DannyBoi 5/17/2014, 9:05 pm

The sun was shining, and not a cloud was in sight in the mid-afternoon sky. It was warm, just like how summer should be, probably somewhere in the mid 70's. Ozzy was out in the strawberry fields while other kids near by were chatting and goofing off with one another. His bucket for strawberries was perfectly empty, and he knew that he had just under an hour to collect as many as the bucket could hold. Then he'd take it to the Big House where they would do whatever the campers and faculty did with the fruit grown in the fields. The kids from the Dionysus cabin probably used it for non-alcoholic wine, the kids from the Apollo cabin probably used it in remedies and tonics, and Chiron probably had it pasteurized and shipped all across the east coast to whoever bought it from Walmart or Kroger or whatever other type of supermarket there is. This is what Ozzy understood about the economics within the camp, and it seemed like a fair system in his opinion.

It was like his stepfather had always told him, 'Money makes the economy, the economy makes jobs, those jobs make people's lives, and people's lives end. In the end, money is a useless substance that we need and cannot live without. So, use your money on whatever you want, but don't waste it on useless items.' That made no sense to Ozzy. Most of the thing he wanted were, in retrospect, useless items. It was quotes like those that made Ozzy wonder whether his stepfather was a genius, or a lunatic.

Ozzy was lost in thought when he realized that he reached out for a strawberry that had a big, yellow wasp on it. He froze in place when he realized what just happened, and silently panicked. His breath quickened, his hands started to shake, and he felt sweat trickle down the back of his neck. Although, that last one was more than likely from the heat of the day. He waited patiently for the wasp to sting him, but it didn't. Instead, it clumsily flew away. Ozzy sighed in relief, but then noticed that he was being watched.
    kaitycat4
    kaitycat4
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 18961
    Registration date : 2012-07-14

Strawberry Field Trip Empty Re: Strawberry Field Trip

Post by kaitycat4 5/17/2014, 9:29 pm

Kik was sitting down in the strawberry fields observing everyone, one boy in particular daughter her eye. She noticed as a big wasp flew around the boy and a giggle escaped her mouth. Kiki slowly stood up and brushed off her pink scatter skirt. "Gotta be more careful next time." She smiled and took a bite of a strawberry she had picked.
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male

Post by DannyBoi 5/22/2014, 3:57 pm

Ozzy looked at the girl with confusion, as if she wasn't supposed to be where he was as well. He turned his head to see who she was talking to, then he realized she was talking to him. It hadn't occurred to him yet that this was the person who was supposed to help him pick strawberries. In fact, when he actually looked around, it seemed that everyone had a partner or two helping them out, and each group interacted with each other differently. To his right, Ozzy saw a boy and a girl arguing over which strawberry was the bigger, even though the girl was right and about to win the argument. To his left, there were two kids from the Demeter cabin making unripe strawberries ready to harvest.
    Isn't that cheating? Ozzy thought to himself. Then he remembered the girl standing in front of him. She looked 16, around Ozzy's age, and was beautiful. Her eyes were a confusing mix of blue and green that was always changing. First, it was light blue, then it was emerald green, then it was a combination of the two. Her dirty blond hair was in curls that came down to her shoulder blades, much like the hair of the women on the ancient greek vases. Ozzy guessed that she was about 5' 6" or somewhere around there. She was thin, much like the other girls at the camp. She had a kind of look to her that Ozzy had seen before. It was a look of confidence, a look of striking beauty that Ozzy had seen on his sister enough times. Ozzy knew exactly what cabin this girl belonged to.
    Let me guess, you're a daughter of Aphrodite, aren't you? He asked her.
    kaitycat4
    kaitycat4
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by kaitycat4 5/22/2014, 4:31 pm

Kiki sighed and dropped the unpleasant part of the strawberry on the dirt. "Is it that obvious?" She twirled a strand oh her blonde hair and observed the strawberries. "I try to not be known as a daughter of Aphrodite. Beacause once people know who my mother is they immediately think I am a big flirt or a guy stealer. It's unfair the gossip that other campers say about my sisters and I." She plucked a few leaves off the plant and looked up at the Demeter kids giving her dirty looks.
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male

Post by DannyBoi 5/23/2014, 6:59 pm

Ozzy squatted down near the closest strawberry bush. He picked a medium-sized strawberry, and tossed it into his bucket. To be honest, I only recognized the Aphrodite in you because of my sister. Ozzy said. He then moved on to the next bush, and started to pick the strawberries from that bush.
    His younger sister, Toni, was a daughter of Aphrodite as well. She and this girl had the same smirk. The corner of Toni's mouth came up in a cute little way so distinct that anyone else with that same smirk would have to be related to her.
    And about the rumors of your sisters, it's happened to many others before. My sister did tell me about some… "rite of passage" that you guys do. You guys have to date someone, break up with them, and then do it to someone else. He said. He stood up and picked up his bucket. Then he looked at her in the eye and said, Well, if that's true, then I don't see why there are so many rumors about you guys.

ooc: this is before the events of the second series (Heroes Of Olympus), but after the events of the first series (Percy Jackson and the Olympians)
    kaitycat4
    kaitycat4
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by kaitycat4 5/23/2014, 7:15 pm

Ooc: okie dokie

Bic: Kiki smiled and set her brown basket on the ground picking strawberries with both of her tiny hands. "I never completed the 'rite of passage'. I just couldn't break somebody's heart for no reason but, none of my siblings know." Kiki put a curl behind her ear. "What's your sisters name? I might know her." She spoke softly as she placed three more ripe strawberries in the basket. "I should probably tell you my name before I start asking you personal questions huh?" Kiki laughed and wiped off her strawberry stained hands on her dress not minding if it stained. She stuck out her hands and smiled softly at the boy. "My names Kiki."
    DannyBoi
    DannyBoi

Male

Post by DannyBoi 5/26/2014, 6:37 pm

Ozzy smiled at the girl and stuck his hand out to shake hers.
    My name's Ozzy. Ozzy Elkison. He pulled his hand back politely, and continued to pick berries. My sister, her name is Toni. You said that you might know her, did you not? he said to her. He wasn't expecting Kiki to know his sister. After all, Toni did just arrive at camp less than two weeks beforehand, and was then claimed just a week after. The chances of her knowing many people in just that short amount of time was highly unlikely to Ozzy.

Ozzy continued to pick strawberries, when a thought formed in his head, What if the Morpheus cabin and the Apollo cabin could make a potion that induced dreaming? It was a solid idea. Since the Apollo kids made medicinal potions all the time, it would only make sense that they also have a sleeping agent, like morphine, only powerful enough for demigods. If, somehow, some kids from each cabin came together to "upgrade" this sleeping agent to also induce dreams, then demigods would be able to decipher any messages from the gods easier. There was only one problem... the procedure would be much too difficult without a child of Athena.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 5:34 am