A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

The Water Is My Paradise

beanie
    beanie

Female
    Number of posts : 2047
    Registration date : 2013-12-21

The Water Is My Paradise Empty The Water Is My Paradise

Post by beanie 5/23/2014, 7:58 pm

The Water Is My Paradise Lake%2Bof%2Bthe%2BWoods%2B146

Swimming is one of Raven's favorite pastimes. And with the weather like it was today, what would be more perfect for a little afternoon swim. Not a cloud in the sky, the sun brightening up the blue sky. The water was nice and warm and the Brit could feel her entire body heat up from the water's touch. Her fingers were turning wrinkly as she kept swimming, her black and purple hair drenched from the water.
    Her belongings were hung on a nearby tree. On one branch, her purple backpack, containing her gray beanie, spare change of clothes-a white tank top with the words Beach Bum printed in blue and yellow letters and gray denim short, beige sandals, and small portable computer. Her peny board was  layed nicely under the shade of the tree, dirt specks covering the wheels.
    Getting up out of the water, Raven revealed her black two piece bathing suit. Sitting down on a log, she reached into her backpack and pulled out the lunch she packed earlier, turkey and cheese sandwich, water bottle, and apples, from the smaller compartment. Unzipping the sandwich from the plastic bag, Raven started to nibble on the sandwich.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 10415
    Registration date : 2012-02-21

The Water Is My Paradise Empty Re: The Water Is My Paradise

Post by Holly 5/23/2014, 8:29 pm

Thorne Rose loved water, loved swimming and nature and was such a brilliant girl. She had a long day in manhattan, wrapping up a course at one of the colleges she had attended for high school credit. Now it was time to relax and unwind, so she had walked to the lake. Her long red hair cascaded down over her shoulders, a light green bathing suit pressed against her slim waist and chest, the bikini looking as if it was merely leaves:though it was actually a soft fabric.

Over her pale shoulder was her beach bag, made from recyclable materials and 100% Eco-friendly. Thorne was like that, always one to be natures side. Walking to her normal swimming place she noticed someone else was there and grinned, setting her bag besides the other girls. "Hello!" She called cheerily to her, in Greek; although her voice sounded very cultured.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 5/24/2014, 4:20 am

"Hello!" A female voice cried out in Greek. Jumping a little, Raven turned her head to the side and noticed that a girl wearing a green swim suit had plopped her stuff down and sat next to her. Zipping her sandwich back into the plastic bag, the Brit turned her body to the side so she was facing the girl. Raven was lucky enough that she understood Greek or else her expression would draw up a blank.

"Hi!" She cheerily cried back, flashing a smile. "I'm Raven."

OOC: Short
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 5/24/2014, 7:38 am

Thorne grinned as the other girl returned her greeting in such a cheery way. "Why hello raven, I'm Thorne" she told her, her green eyes gleaming with excitement as she crossed her legs, looking at the girl as se sat facing her now. The redhead was really in a great mood as she suddenly whistled. Then a moment later a bird appeared from the sky and flew towards one, Landon on Thorne's shoulder. It was her nice golden parrot, who clawed and messed with her forerunner red hair.

"This is misty" she explained happily, stroking the birds bright feathers.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 5/24/2014, 11:27 am

"I'm Thorne!" the girl Thorne introduced, crossing her legs a little. Raven's smile grew wider and she couldn't help but notice  Thorne's voice. It sounded cultured and not from around here. She liked it.
    A low whistle was heard and Raven saw a large bird land on Thorne's shoulder. It's feathers were a bright yellow, almost a golden color. Raven's kaleidoscope eyes widen with glee. What a lovely bird!

"This is Misty." Thorne explained, stroking Misty's wings carefully. Raven tried to do the same but the parakeet took a try to bite at her, so the Brit was forced to jerk her hand back to its original position.

"That's so cool!" She cried out, her British accent slurring some of her words. "I have a pet too. It's a Chinese koi fish though. Can't really be seen out of water."

"Were you coming to swim as well?" She soon added.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 5/24/2014, 12:29 pm

Thorne's lips turned upward into a delicate smile as Raven mentioned her pet, a koi. "I absolutely adore koi!" The Barbados native exclaimed just as her Greek broke and her language returned to English, showing the full accent of her nationality. It was very tropical, very cultured with a little bit of a Scottish flare, as she was half Scottish. Her pale cheeks turned a rosy blush as she was embarrassed of her accent, afraid that she would be made fun of it. She moved her brilliant parrot to her hand, setting it onto the ground and smiled before whispering something in Spanish, to which the bird responded joyfully.

"Good night Thorne!" It squawked and flew into the tree where is rested, apparently sleeping while the child of Demeter turned to face Raven and nodded.

"Indeed! I love the water, it's why I sail to camp instead of fly or train or car" she said as if it was normal to just sail.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 5/24/2014, 3:46 pm

Raven could feel her her smile grow bigger, if possible. "I luv koi! It's just wish that my koi, Angel, was big enough to take out of the bowl. It would be so cool that I could be able to swim with her!" She squealed, her kaleidoscope eyes shining with delight. Soon, Thorne had signaled for Misty to leave. The parakeet happily applied but not without bidding the girl goodbye.

"Good night Thorne!" It squawked before flying off to a nearby tree. Raven's eyes lit up in excitement.

"That's so cool!" The Brit cried out, obviously excited. It wasn't long though before she cannonballed into the lake, splashing some water on Thorne. Raven waved her hand at Thorne, ushering her to join her.

"By the way, nice accent luv." Raven added, her British accent ringing clear.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 5/24/2014, 4:06 pm

Thorne grinned "you know..." She said softly to the other girl as she approached the waters edge. "I swim with dolphins all the time when I sail, it's really amazing" She told Raven before leaping into the cool water, feeling It coat her pale skin in the smooth and wet embrace. She loved the cool lake compared to the hot sun an laughed, ducking under the water to let her hair dampen and fall across her chest and shoulder, the red against her pale skin and the clear waters.

"So, who's your parent Rae?" Thorne asked after a moment of blissful swimming.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 5/24/2014, 7:46 pm

Raven heard another splash and turned her head to see that Thorne had joined her in the water. Her hair was wet like Raven and she could notice the huge smile planted on the girl's face. Looks like shes having as much fun as Raven.

"So, whos your godly parent Raven?" Thorne asked. Raven could feel her smile shrink a little. Shes not big with talking about her dad.

"Its Briareus." The Brit stated with a nonchalant shrug. Her happy smile came back though when she splashed Thorne and dove underwater before the red head could retaliate.

OOC:Short, I know
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 5/24/2014, 11:15 pm

Thorne smiled as she was splashed and suddenly gasped as the cool water smacked her right in the face and Raven ducked under the water and swam away from the child of Demeter. Quickly she swam after her, and waited for when she would surface. Then she would strike with a hard splash. While she waited, she sang softly; a jimmy Buffett song that she had loved to listen to when she was a kid, and even now!

"Come out come out wherever you are!" She called and laughed.

OOX: same here
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 5/25/2014, 10:09 am

Raven knew that Thorne was following. She could see from under the water. But what Thorne didn't know was that she could hear her sweetly singing or that the red head would have to wait a while before Raven would resurface. Slowing her breathing down, Raven started to take deep breath in the water, getting used to it. Soon, Raven's breathing was clear and she swam around Thorne.

"What's your godly parent?" She managed to get to say while resurfacing quickly, diving under again so Thorne wouldn't catch her.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 5/25/2014, 11:32 am

Thorne lunged at her te moment she surfaced, falling into the water with a grunt, sinking below the surface to look at her through the clear water. She heard her ask something but coukdnt quite hear it adage broke the surface and looked around, smirking.

"Demeter" She said at last and followed her, ducking under the water as swimming towards Raven with grave as speed:Thorne was a state champion swimmer.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 5/25/2014, 8:58 pm

Raven's ears caught the sound of another splash and she turned her head, only to see Thorne swimming closer to her. The Brit's eyes popped wide and she tried to swim faster but that apparently wasn't enough because soon, Thorne was swimming right next to her. Her smile grew wider as she waved to the red head daughter of Demeter.

"Your a fast swimmer." Raven managed to tell the girl next to her. Her wrist came attached to the red head' sand she dragged the girl more through the lake. A school of fish swam past the girls and Raven motioned for her hand to stroke the fish as they past, making her hand tingle.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 5/26/2014, 2:57 pm

Thorne grinned at her "I'm not that good" she said with a little smile across her light pink lips, then was pulled under the glossy lake surface by Raven and grinned, watching the schools of bright fish swim across them, not even caring. The child of Demeter pulled them to the surface after a moment, breathing in the clean and fresh air before looking at her, green eyes shining with excitement and joy. "Your a great swimmer too!" She told her after a moment, accent clear as day.

She was comfortable now with speaking her true accent around Raven, she obviously wouldn't make fun of it.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 5/27/2014, 10:21 pm

Raven could see the gleeful smile planted on Thorne's face. Apparently, her smile was contagious cause Raven found herself smiling back. Her friend resurfaced for a quick minute, probably taking another breath, efforts diving under and joining Raven.

"Thanks!" The Brit cried out to the red head before swimming a little faster. Another school of fish swam by and Raven was caught in the middle of it. The school spread out, swimming around the girl. Raven's vision was soon clouded up with a rainbow of colors, her kaleidoscope eyes winding in awe.

"C'mon little red, let's go!" She cried back out to her friend, swimming through the school.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 5/27/2014, 11:50 pm

Thorne laughed under the crystal water, bubbles rising to the surface as she swam after her, through another school of fish. This one was rainbow though, and caused her to gasp in the brilliance, green eyes darting around to take in every splendid detail. Though then she heard her new friend call and she swam after her, with strong and precise strokes. It wouldn't be long until Thorne caught up and grabbed her hand, smiling wildly as her red hair floated around within the cool water.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 5/29/2014, 5:21 pm

A squeal escaped Raven's lips when something tugged on her hand. She didn't even have to turn her head, she knew pretty well that it was Thorne. Her smile widened greater (if possible) and shooter her friend a playful glance. But her happy expression faltered when her lungs began to burn and she felt light headed. Guess her time was up, this was what happened when she reached her limit for breathing underwater. Her hand was wrenched from Thorne's as the girl swam quickly to the surface.
    Raven would've never guessed she would be so happy to get out of the water. Her hands motioned to move her black and purple locks put of her face as she tried to regain her breathing. Though it was soon taken away when Raven's kaleidoscope eyes caught a glimpse of the sunset. The sun was just skimming the horizon, causing the sky to turn a hi right orange. Wow!

"Hey Thorne, come check this out!" The Brit cried out to her friend.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 5/29/2014, 6:11 pm

Thorne had followed her friend with strong strokes to the surface an smiled at the sunset. "Wow!" She exclaimed and looked at her. "If you like this, you would love a green flash! And the sunsets in Barbados....amazing!!" She giggled and moved towards the shoreX her red hair sticking across her cheek and neck.

"I should totally take you sailing, like in the carribean, or the outer banks! Though I don't think it would be good, there are massive storms around tere. It's not called the graveyard of the Atlantic for nothing" Thorne grinned widely.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 5/30/2014, 2:47 am

"If you like this, you would love a green flash! And the sunsets in Barbados....amazing!!" Thorne told Raven excitedly, gazing at the sunset along with the girl. Raven couldn't help but become really excited. Green flash? That sounds wicked!

"Are you kidding? I would do anything to go see a green flash, even if I end up killing myself!" The Brit cried out, waving her hands excitedly as she leaned back and fell into the water again with a big splash!
    The purple and black haired girl then sighed. The once visible sun was now hanging of the horizon almost completely, the sky almost black. It would be too dangerous to swim in the dark, they would have to leave. Raven's hand attached itself to Thorne's as the Brit swam back to the shore, pulling the red head with her.

"We should probably leave now. Swimming in the dark is very dangerous." She explained to the daughter to Demeter while putting on her shirt and shorts over her bathing suit. Her hair was sticking to the back of her neck but she would just dry it later.

"I'll see you soon Thorne!" The daughter of Briareus cried out to her new friend as she skated away, the grin on her face never leaving.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 5/30/2014, 8:10 pm

OOC: The end? Another topic elsewhere?
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 5/30/2014, 8:29 pm

OOC: Sure, why not. Your pick.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 5/30/2014, 9:03 pm

OOC; The beach: Thornes boat, or the fields?
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 5/30/2014, 9:17 pm

OOC:FIELDS (or boats)
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female