A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

And Here We Are. You And I, On the Last Page.

Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female
    Number of posts : 33821
    Registration date : 2010-07-13

And Here We Are. You And I, On the Last Page. Empty And Here We Are. You And I, On the Last Page.

Post by Steve Rogers 5/23/2014, 8:10 pm

With one finger, Liam pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose. He was deeply buried in a book. It was enthralling, really. Enthralling to be able to shut the world out and focus, for just a moment, on someone who didn't exist. Names and stories that weren't real but it was to - for just a beat, I promise - - pretend that they were. It was so lovely to ignore real problems and focus of those of a character whose design was so much more grand that your own.

Liam felt, for the first time in a very long time, at ease with himself. No conflicting feelings, guilt over nothing. No fretting over trivial issues about politics. No bickering. And Zeus, how he disliked bickering. It was calm and it was quiet here, in his head with this story. But it was also quite lonely.
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male
    Number of posts : 935
    Registration date : 2014-01-31

And Here We Are. You And I, On the Last Page. Empty Re: And Here We Are. You And I, On the Last Page.

Post by Brastus 5/24/2014, 10:11 pm

The quietness of the library was eerie and downright scary by the time the doors were pushed open and a set of black pointed leather shoes clanked across the floor. Amocking grin was plastered on his face, and an air of danger and dread presented itself. His colorful outfit hid a demonic interior as Alejandro calmly walked up to a daughter of Athena that panicked so much upon seeing the tall, altheltic and grinning male that she screamed, howled and fell from her chair in a frenzy of kicks and punches.

"No! Don't come any closer! Get away from me! I said I was going to pay you in two days time, but the money's been tight. I only have half. Please just give me some time Alex," begged the thrashing girl as the man with the white dress shirt and the cardinal-feahtered jacket walked calmly over to the girl. His amber sunglasses kept his frightening green eyes hidden and his bleach teeth only added to his horror. His pants were orange and his cuffs held golden cufflinks. From his left ear, a simple, circular earring was located and on his hand, several jeweled ring were wrapped. The guy was tall, as he stood over six feet and was grinning uncontrollably, as if enjoying the scariness of his presence.

"My dear I'm deeply sorry for this, but a deal is a deal. You should have thought better than to strike a bargain that you knew you couldn't keep up. Now, I consider myself a people's person. ALlow me to explain to you the following. Is it not true that three weeks ago you came to me, desperate, and in tears because three sons of Ares broke your entire collection of Ancient History's Mistakes series. As a request, you asked for me to give them back to you. So I , being the generous man I am, bought the whole series back for you. However, you promised me 10, 000 drachmas by the end of the three weeks. I gave you your gift, but I do not have my request, so I am simply taking care of business," said Alejandro as he placed a hand on the books that were laying on top of the table and they turned to solid gold. He then warped them into long spirals and later removed the gold from them so the once readable book series were completely unreadable.

After seeing her beloved book collection be transmutated like that, the daughter of Athena bursted into tears and ran away front he library with her face red from her anguish. As she ran, Alejandro sat down on her former seat, smashed his feet on the table and grinned at the people that gaped in astonishment to his cruelty.

"The world is filled with possibilities. However, just like payments, they need to be fulfilled and if they are not completed, misfortune and sadness happen. Don't you agree my beloved people of Camp Half-Blood?" asked Alex as he laughed maniacally at the general public and sat like a king on a throne, but with his legs on the table.
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

And Here We Are. You And I, On the Last Page. Empty Re: And Here We Are. You And I, On the Last Page.

Post by Steve Rogers 5/24/2014, 11:21 pm

Liam rolled his eyes. "Airhead," he murmered, not quite loud enough for anyone else to hear. He had absolutely no intention of getting involved with this lunatic. After all, there wasn't much he could do about it. So, with a sigh, he squirmed around in his wheelchair, getting comfortable once again, and buried his nose in the pages of Ibsen's Hedda Gabler.

It wasn't long before, once again, the world was lost to him. Liam was astounded with Ibsen's work: his ability to incorporate all of the original Dionysian rituals from Wester theater's Greek origin so seamlessly into the play. The plight of the unloved Thea Elvested and the emotionally broken Eilert Loveborg and, oh, Hedda's horrible, horrible cruelty! Eilert's "Lost the Manuscript" speech made Liam tear up.

The culmination of events at the end of the play, Hedda at the piano, shooting off her gun and the tragic climax at the end of the play made Liam weep. He closed the book and pressed to to his chest. He wiped his tears and set the book on a table. Then he pushed his wheelchair deeper into the library, searching for one of Chekov's plays.
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 5/25/2014, 12:20 pm

"Greetings, boy." Shrilled A deep and menacing, yet mocking voice that sneaked behind Liam and grasped his senses. His long, frightening finger sneaked dangerously close to the edges of his wheelchair and right behind him stood the blonde threat of Alejandro.

"I see you are quite the reader. That on it's own is good, the more information we know the smaller and less threatening the worlds seems. Yet, is it to true that for nearly 10,000 years, humans, demigods, gods and titans have waged war with one another over information, over gossip and lies? Hereforth lies the most dangerous and powerful tool in the world. It is not a bomb or even Zeus's master bolt. Information is the key to waging wars and ending wars. It is what lets our senses tingle with excitement and love. To know that we are loved brings us comfort, to know that we are hated brings us agony. Truly, it is the most useful tool of all time. Yet I asked you boy, do you know who I am?" Said Alejandro as his bird feasted jacket danced with him as he performed a theatric display of bows, stands, motions and gestures. His dreadful smile never abandoning his slightly tanned face as his sunglasses, and to an extension his unusual green eyes, pieced into the handicapped's own eyes.
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 5/25/2014, 3:18 pm

Liam stifled a heavy sigh. Just his luck. He rubbed the bridge of his nose. "It's not... It's not information. It's Ibsen. Hedda Gabler. Y'know, theater? Art? Dionysian rituals and stuff..." Liam trailed off. And he's monologing. Liam thought to himself. The blonde guys words were eloquent and whatnot, but he was no Shakespeare. It was all an act, all for show, and Liam had to work very hard not to roll his eyes. He wasn't terribly interested in what the guy was saying.

"Um..." He started. "I mean, I think I've seen you around camp ever summer, but I don't know you on a name bases. Sorry?"

OOC I might switch Liam out for either Audrey (she'd be an interesting match for him, seeing as she grew up with little to no money) or Josefina (who's basically just an *sshole.)
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 5/26/2014, 12:28 am

"Well, what a pity, truly. Now, if you would like to strike a deal with me, please don't hesitate, I am a man of my word. Anything you desire, gold, jewelries, palaces and castles, or even legs. I can give you anything you wish, at a price that is. Now, before I, he who is most occupied finding deals, forgets to say this, my name, by birth, is Alejandro Donquixote Rosa, incumbent Chief Executive Officer of VonHerts Inc. and Chairman of the Board of Directors of Rosa International Inc. Do try to remember my name, for I would surely be wounded if my name is lost to the winds of passed time." Said Alex as he pushed his sunglasses to his eyes and smirked from ear to ear. He was not going to make the guy in the wheelchair go without striking a deal first, but he wouldn't bother him too much with details. Plenty of people inside Camp to bother as well so just one wouldn't destroy his reputation. He extended a hand and took a bow of drama as he waited for his hand to be shaken, as it was expected in the orders of society.
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 5/26/2014, 1:04 am

Liam blinked. He felt a bit lost, all muddled up in that soliloquy. But, not wanting to be rude, Liam grinned and shook Alex's hand. "I'm Liam Spencer," He said simply, feeling strangely inadequate about his meager title. But he quickly shook the thought from his head: Liam was never one to get all hung up on his emotions.

Liam was about to turn down Alex's offer, but he froze up. He tapped the tip of his tongue against his teeth, contemplating. Alex was giving him a chance to regain the use of his legs! He could run and walk again! Liam felt a smile gracing the edges of his lips, but almost as soon as it appeared, it slipped away as realization hit him in the face like a brick wall. There was no way to fix his legs: the damage to his spinal cord was too sever. There was no operation on this planet that could give him back the use of his legs.

Liam heaved a heavy sigh. "Thank you for your offer- really. It means a lot, but I can't accept it. No operation of this planet can give me back my legs. And besides, I have no way to pay you back. It'd be foolish to make a promise I can't keep," he said, fingerig at the pages of Hedda Gabler.
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 5/26/2014, 1:13 am

"Are you sure? I do have connection with, underground doctors of the highest medical knowledge that have treated far more severe cases than yours. I could arrange a meeting between them and you in New York, but that would require american money, as well as Camp money. Now I won't ask much, just a trifle really a token. However, I shall require a strong able body. And since you will be able to walk, run and kick, I see no reason as to the why of negating my offer. THink about it and come meet me in ten days. I shall await your answer, monsieur Piernas," eloquently blurter out Alex as he proceeded to walk away from the handicap, thinking that he had entrapped him with his promise. He could, technically, pay for the surgery, treatment and recovery, but he would also make a deal of equal share. He however, instead of badgering another handicapped, proceeded to walk around the Library with his grin and his hands buried inside his pockets.

OOC: Just to be clear, the surgery would happen if you want, but their will be a steep price. Also let's have one of your other two character join Alex, he is just eager to strike deals.
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 5/26/2014, 10:55 am

OOC:
    Once again, I'm going to have Liam turn down the offer, simply because I don't want him to get the use of his legs back; I'm too fond of that flaw of his. However, I'll bring in Josefina. She'll be much easier to negotiate with.

BIC:
    Liam bit his cheek. He was so very tempted, but he had to remind himself of the reality of the situation: while he might not outwardly look it, the level of his spinal injury was critical. From the lumbar down, his spinal cord was all shredded and mangled up. The only operation that might ever fix his legs would be a Spinal Cord Transplant, which probably wouldn't exist for decades, maybe even hundreds of years.

He also had to remind himself that he had no money. He only had a few hundred dollars to his name, which he was saving up for his college tuition. There was no way he was about to squander it all away. He opened his mouth to tell Alex that he would be turning down the offer, but shut it promptly. He didn't really want to anger the boy. So he kept quiet and reached for Chekov's The Cherry Orchard, and began to read.

At that moment the double doors of the library burst open, giving way to a character who, based off of her looks alone, shouldn't be trifled with. She wore a bright red shoulder-less shirt with sleeves that hugged the upper part of her biceps. The sides of her shirt were purposefully ripped so that black fabric could be seen under the shredded strips of red. On the front of her shirt was an intricate and menacing black and white design, the middle of which said: "Eastern Siouxicide Angelz". The back of her shirt read: "Bermuda Rose" with the symbol of a black and white rose, above a huge number "07". She had black and white vertically stripped fingerless gloves, the fabric reaching up to her elbow. Adorning her legs were ripped up, black fishnet tights, underneath black short shorts sporting the same logo as on her shirt. She was sporting a pair of well-worn, black and white roller skates, adorned with bright red laces. Given her get-up, her identity was not in question: She was Josefina Toriello, Roller Derby Extraordinaire.

Josefina was by all means, beautiful. She had an even, symmetrical face with high cheekbones, and eyes set lightly in their sockets. She had a petite nose and acute jaw bones, her skin was smooth and nearly flawless, colored a deep, tanned, bronze. Her golden-brown eyes were sharp and cold- cruel, even. Her hair, much like her eyes, was golden brown, and reached mid-way down her back. It was soft, silky, and evidence that she took care of herself. She wore bright red lipstick and dark, elaborate eye make-up. There was a myriad of bruises covering her face, arms and legs, a cut across her forehead and a track still left where blood had been pouring out her her nose. She'd had a roller derby match, today.

She skated into the library looking cold and aloof. She was chewing on a large wad of pink bubble gum, and had a thick physics book tucked under one of her arms. Judging by her velocity, she was in a hurry, and had no desire to stop if people were stupid enough to get in her way. She skated down one of the many isles of books, and narrowed her eyes when some stupid kid with blonde hair and amber sunglasses made the mistake of moving into her path. She didn't slow down and gave no signs of stopping. Instead she put her hand on the side of his head and forcefully pushed him away when she got close enough. "Get out of my way, nerd," She growled, an Italian accent ringing out loud and proud in her voice.
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 5/28/2014, 1:28 pm

As Alejandro walked bow-legged like a flamingo across the halls of the library, he suddenly saw a girl dash towards his way with a bright, shoulder-less bright red shirt and a very bad attitude run across the halls of the establishment. She made the critical mistake of pushing his head to the side and his body forcefully. WIth this action, Alejandro dropped his freaky smile and instead took out his gold-made short sword, changed it to long sharp strings and threw them until they snathed the girl's legs and pulled her to him with his smirk becoming a violent grin. His eyes hurt due to his disease, but he didn't care the very least. He had met a rude person, and rudeness must be death with swiftly and surely, he thought. As his golden strands, which wet emote like extremely short swords instead of wires, scrapped against her bronze, flawless skin, Alejandro stood up, pushed his sunglasses upwards with his middle finger, and allowed his tongue to sliver off like the snake he was. He chuckled maliciously as he met the girl face-to-face.

"This is surely a mistake. I mean it is impossible that this insect actually had the audacity to place his hands on my face and push me off. If so then I must say that the act alone is beyond-rude, and if so must be dealt with swiftly and effectively. For rudeness, is the sin of this world and an act alone that inspires hundreds to battle and combat arduous matches where blood the blood of the sinful is spilled alongside with the blood of the rightful. Now tell me mongrel, are you not guilty of being an aloof and haughty fool that trifled with me? Or are you not innocent of these charges," interrogated Alejandro after allowing his golden strings to squeeze harder and harder against her skin, while chuckling at the sight of her pain and anguish.
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 5/28/2014, 2:57 pm

Josefina grit her teeth: she'd been caught. And oh, yes, the strings hurt and she winced gritting her teeth and allowing herself a short hiss before become stoic, her face cold and detached, but still full of venom nonetheless. She stared at him blankly while he spoke, clearly taking no interest in his long monolog. "So... Are you done or are you gonna be another five minutes?" Josefina asked, boredly when he'd finished with his speech. "Should I get some popcorn? A soda? Maybe a lawn chair? Is this gonna be a full on play?" She asked in reference to the length of his speech. She smirked at him, letting him no that she didn't care about him or his stupid morals. She wrenched her legs free of the sharp string, smirkig at the blood the oozed lazily from the wound. She wanted him to know that he had no power over her, he wasn't causing her pain or grief, he was merely an annoyance.

But, after freeing herself, instead of turning and running away, Josefina skated closer. The smile had vanished from her face. Her lips twitched downwards, her eyes sparking dangerously. She was a few inches shorter than the boy, but with her skates on she was just as tall. She wanted him to fear her, to know that he didn't scare her. She got close to his face, her eyes dark and angry. "So tell me, punk. Who died and made you God? What makes you think you're better than me? Who the hell do you think you are? No, I take that back. I don't give a DAMN who you are. Don't. Piss. With. Me. Got it, Jackass? Get outta my way," she snarled.
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 5/29/2014, 5:21 pm

He should have been angry and furious at her rebellious blistering, but he wasn't. Instead, he opted to turn his string into his shining golden dagger and snathced her neck with his ringed hand, then planted his dagger's tip at a table and made it once again turn into string, but this time, he focused the strings into her limbs, purposely sharpening it twice as much as he took off his amber tinted sunglasses, folded them, and placed them at the brim of his shirt. He laughed in amusement to her anguished face and then opening his diluted, pained and intimidating green eyes. It looked like he had seen death, survived it, and laughed at it's face while stealing money from it.

"I would be so easy to crush your windpipe and reduce your throat to crumbs of what it is, but I won't do this. Instead, I will make you an offer. Learn manners, talk properly and bow to me, and I will do everything in my power to have you win the race. This is a one-in-a-lifetime deal dearie and I won't repeat myself again. So pipe down, shut your accursed, idiotic and pathetic lips, and look into my eyes," said Alejandro as he squeezed her neck with his crushing hand and forced her to meet his sickly gaunt and terrifying emerald eyes. He was furious by his tone and his monologue was much shorter. His gold strings continued to twist and turn against her skin as he release her from his choke, but forcefully thrusted his hand at her cheeks and once again squeezed with his ringed hand,
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 5/29/2014, 9:19 pm

OOC Brastus, be careful about power playing: I have the option of dodging your character and his golden strings. Remember that.

BIC: Josefina wrenched herself out of his grip, once again. Blood streamed down her arms, but it was no matter, she'd faced worse injuries in roller derby. She didn't take kindly to his hands on her face. She dug her nailed into his skin and pried them off with ease. She didn't reach for her weapon: she wouldn't succumb to his pathetic level. "Crush my throat? I'd like to see you try," she hissed, her voice low and cold.

"As for your so-called deal: no. I don't care what it is. I'm not taking any part of you, or your filthy money. You planning on rigging my derby matches. I'll see you in Hell first. We play the game fair. Me and all my girls. Fair," she growled. "As for you- you want my respect? Earn it. Your a jackass, a pussy. You don't scare me in the slightest. I can see it in your eyes: you just a sickly little boy hidding behind a suit of gold. You're pathetic,"

As she spoke, the room got colder and colder, dropping 20-30 degrees. Frost gathered on the floor, crawling up her skin, testifying to her icy powers as Chione's daughter.

"Be careful not you walk on thin ice; you might slip," she threatened.
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 6/3/2014, 9:02 pm

"Haven't you hear dearie, ice melts quicker than gold. You will hear me roar at you with the might of a thousand storms if you keep up this beastly behavior. Alas, I guess you are just too feeble-minded to actually behave in another way. Now, be a good pet, sit down and shut your damm tramp of a mouth before I sew it on with a string." threatened Alejandro as he stretched his back and towered over her. He visually looked down on her and dismissed her with a lazy flick of his finger, after burying his other hand inside his pocket. He also grinned at her like a wolf waiting for his prey and let his green eyes do the talking for him.

"Oh, and one more thing, b!tch. The next time you have the balls to talk back at me, at least try to come up with a good comeback. Well, that is if you have the brain for it." finished the son of the gold of wealth before he turned his strings into his dagger and proceeded to begin to walk away from her with the sound of his luxurious italian pointed shoes leaving behind a feeling of dread as he let out a maniacal cackle.
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 6/4/2014, 11:36 pm

He grinned at her, she noted, looking remarkablyike a wolf. She grinned right back. "Boy, you better shut your f*cking wh*re mouth of yours before you end up bleeding out in the gutter," Jo replied calmly, her voice level. "You think I'm a b*tch? Boy the only b*tch around here is the devil woman that spawned you," she insulted his mother without fear of the consequences.

"Why you running away? You scared? Good thing, too, you worthless coward," and with that, she waved her hand and a beam of ice shot out of her finger tips. It was thick, cold ice. She intended for the ice to wrap around his ankles, rooting him to the spot. With ice that thick and cold, even a man of his stature would have trouble freeing himself without her help.

OOC just have the ice miss if you're so keen on leaving.
    Brastus
    Brastus

Male

Post by Brastus 6/9/2014, 12:12 am

"What the hell is this thing, ice?" Questioned Alejandro as his ankle became frozen as he turned his back on the loud and rowdy girl. He wasn't going to lie, he loved a challenge more than anything and would enjoy fighting her, but he had better things to do than to argue or fight with her. So he turned around as much as he could, with his foot frozen and all, and he grinned at her widely.

"Very well warrior. Let's have a test of bests between us, for surely you jest if thou believes that this ice will hold me tight. Now, here's a deal for ya, go to your little punk-ass whatever competition you have, leave me finish my deals, and then we can embrace a fight between golden and ice. That is, if you aren't scare of it." Teased Alejandro as he put on his sunglasses and began to let the ice melt a little so he could use his golden daggers, turn them into strings, and smash the ice with it.
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 6/9/2014, 12:45 pm

"Oh good god, did you really just use the word 'thou' in a sentence? God, you're such a mouthy freak," Josefina rolled her eyes. "And by the way, it's roller derby. We make your lousy rugby look like tee-ball," She smirked proudly. She shrugged. "Ever heard of that song Aprè Moi by Regina Spektor?" She asked.

"Be afraid of the cold.
    They'll inherit your blood.
    "

"I'll take you up on your stupid little challenge," she said. "It's a deal,"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content