A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

...How do you Shoot Arrows?

courier six
    courier six

Male
    Number of posts : 207
    Registration date : 2014-05-09

...How do you Shoot Arrows? Empty ...How do you Shoot Arrows?

Post by courier six 7/8/2014, 5:59 pm

Kennedy, quite uncharacteristically of her, walked onto the range with a meek look on her face. The tepid air matched her tepid feelings about practicing archery. Every time she nocked an arrow, it missed the target completely and often fell quite a few feet short. The one time she managed to get it near the target, it passed the bullseye by a meter or two and got someone in the foot! Even if that was three years ago, the girl she hit still gave her nasty looks every so often.

It would help if she got her own bow, not some rental that felt too big and the drawstring too loose. Then again, she was a swordsman, not some archer. She didn't want to turn into one of those pansy Apollo kids anytime soon.
    beanie
    beanie

Female
    Number of posts : 2047
    Registration date : 2013-12-21

...How do you Shoot Arrows? Empty Re: ...How do you Shoot Arrows?

Post by beanie 7/8/2014, 8:00 pm

Another missing arrow wasted. Raven was leaning against a nearby tree, overlooking the archers that seemed to be failing miserably. She was actually supposed to be at her Ancient Greek History lesson with Cabin #32, Minor Underworld Gods, but she ditched (the class was soooo boring. She couldn't keep still in her chair for a second).
    It was fairly good weather today, not too hot or cold. She was wearing a black tank top that had the words Free Hugs printed in the front in big white letters, skinny jeans that looked like stormy clouds were on it, and purple high tops. Her penyboard was leaning against the tree next to her. A purple beanie covered the top of her head, her black and purple hair spilling out.
    There was a lot of amateur archers there, a Hermes boy who was shooting the wrong way for starters, but there was one girl that Raven was staring out in particular. She was the girl who had shot an arrow in her foot a couple years ago. She had forgiven the girl back then but she kept shooting some nasty glares at her. It still hurt like crazy!
    Again, the girl misses the target, her arrow sticking in the ground a couple inches away. Raven couldn't help but start laughing, loudly. Oops!

Last edited by Beanister on 7/9/2014, 7:53 am; edited 3 times in total
    courier six
    courier six

Male

Post by courier six 7/8/2014, 8:49 pm

OOC; I'm really sorry, but could you make the text a lighter color? It's really hard for me to read. :c

BIC;
      She looked past the target, as laughing pierced her ears. A wave of self-consciousness passed over her, was someone -God forbid- watching her? Kennedy looked up to see her. The girl she shot. Cursing in limited Ancient Greek, she went to reach for another arrow. If she ignored her, she would leave. Maybe. "Please, Khione? Maybe her parent? Help me out a little? Kennedy thought-hissed.

Her hands only felt air, no feathers, no wooden sticks, just emptiness that sentenced her to her doom. She would have to go over and pick up arrows. Kennedy swallowed, and held her head high as she stepped over to the girl she shot. She would not show fear. She would not show fear.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 7/9/2014, 7:52 am

OOC:its kay, that happens to some people
    BIC:The girl looked up towards Raven before looking down rapidly. All she did was wave in reply, a silly smile gracing her face. The girl seemed to be a little weary of the Brit, why should she be? Raven's one big happy ray of sunshine, at least, when shes not mad. Then down comes the lightning, the winds, the rain, and the- well, you get the idea.
    The girl started to come closer to Raven, collecting stray arrows along the way. It came to her attention that there was 3 arrows laying at her feet, stuck in the grass. Plucking them out, she sauntered over to the target, the arrows in her hand as she leaned on the target to hand the girl her arrows.

"You doing it wrong~" The Brit said in a sing-song voice. Hey, she wasn't an Apollo kid but she knew how to handle a bow and arrow.
    courier six
    courier six

Male

Post by courier six 7/18/2014, 12:02 am

Kennedy scowled at her, taking the arrows with a mildly undignified snatching motion. "Really? At least I'm practicing; being productive. What are you supposed to be doing? You don't belong with the Khione kids." Extremely, excruciatingly undignified. She was supposed to represent grace and fearlessness and her words replaced it with underhandedness and jealousy. She slung off the quiver and organized the arrows so that they were easier to take out. If she was going to fail, she might as well look graceful doing so.

The ice queen started to step away from the girl with the annoying accent. But, what if she knew how to shoot? Her eyes glanced at the other from over her shoulder. She sighed, and turned back around. "Look, I'm sorry for being snappish. I'm just tired of practicing archery. Do you know how to do this?" she apologized rather half-heartedly. Kennedy was better off asking an Apollo kid, or someone that liked her, but might as well give her a shot.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 7/18/2014, 10:30 am

This girl was obviously pissed off, just by the way she snatched the arrows back from Raven proved it. Raven's goofy smile didn't falter though, it only grew. Oh, she could mess with this girl good.
    But it seemed that the girl felt sorry or something so she apologized.

"Look, I'm sorry for being snappish. I'm just tired of practicing archery. Do you know how to do this?" Raven smiled at this. She wasn't bad but she wasn't amazing but the girl didn't know that.

"Oh, do I know how to shoot an arrow!" She exclaimed, running and snatching the bow and quiver from the girl, sprinting to the nearest target.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 5:31 am