A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Small Trip to the Movies

kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1055
    Registration date : 2013-12-01

Small Trip to the Movies Empty Small Trip to the Movies

Post by kayla 8/1/2014, 6:10 pm

It was 8:58 when Kayla trudged up the Half Blood Hill. It wasn't 9 yet but she had immediately left her cabin and walked over here after she got ready. She fiddled with the drawstring on her black hoodie as she waited, tapping the grass on the hill with her matching black combat boots. Literally everything she wore was black except for the grey jeans she wore. She didn't bring her yari with her since the seven foot long spear was way too large for her to hide and she found comfort in the two knives that she kept on her, the same two knives from the fight she had yesterday. Despite Gregor saying that he was going to pay for everything she still kept a wad of cash in her pockets anyway.
    Break
    Break
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1714
    Registration date : 2012-02-13

Small Trip to the Movies Empty Re: Small Trip to the Movies

Post by Break 8/1/2014, 6:19 pm

I walks up he hill 'boy it's steep'I thought.
    I was wearing a pair of dark blue jeans,a black and white shirt and a leather jacket as well as some glasses.
    I'd brought about 250 dollars to be safe as well as a pouch of drachmas and two concealed knives and my hidden blades.
    "You look nice,and when we come back you better be stealthy or chirons gonna boot out arse into punishment."
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 8/1/2014, 6:44 pm

"You don't look too shabby either I guess," She muttered begrudgingly returning the compliment. She moved her arm to scratch the back of her neck but caught herself and stopped. She was an expert in body language and she didn't want to appear as nervous or shy anything although there was a sliver of it in the back of her mind.
    "Of course I'm stealthy. Just make sure you don't get yourself caught after curfew." Kayla said with an eye roll.
    Break
    Break
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Break 8/2/2014, 6:51 am

"Hm thanks I guess, anyway I've done this thousands of times been caught once or twice."I replied back.
    I zipped up my leather jacket and started to walk down the hill.
    And then I said "If worst comes to worst you can use my cap should get you back to your cabin scot free."
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 8/2/2014, 10:02 am

"Thank for the offer then," Kayla said with a small smile that was somewhat forced. She didn't really smile often since she was mostly all glares and scowls. Maybe her face'll be stuck like that forever.
    "So any idea what we're watching or are we picking it when we get there?" She asked with a raised eyebrow as she turned her face to look at him for a reply.

OOC: Just a heads up- I might not be able to post for the majority of today since I got some family party curse formal wear D:<
    Break
    Break
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Break 8/2/2014, 3:07 pm

I saw a smile on Kayla's forces the debate was is it real.
    "Urge actually I ain't gonna be picking what we see you are as well as you are going to pick where we eat."
    I pulled out the cap and turned round and said "Keep hold of it just in case."
    In the distance I could see the bus stop which would get us the the cinema.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 8/3/2014, 2:42 pm

She was surprised to say the least and Kayla was sure it could've shown on her face. She recovered quickly and tucked her hair behind her ear as she nodded her head, "Fine with me."
    She was a little giddy at that since she really wanted to see a horror movie. She hadn't seen one in a long time since they didn't really have TV's at camp or laptops. Demigods and technology didn't mix well unless a Hephaestus kid managed to do something about it. Kayla took the cap from Gregor's hands and resisted the urge to put it on her head. Holding a hat didn't feel right since it belonged on someone's head but she knew she couldn't do that since it would just make her turn invisible.
    They walked over to the bus stop and she leaned on the pole and looked down at the little glass case that held a sheet of numbers and times directing the next stops the bus would take. She didn't have a watch but she guessed it was about a couple minutes from nine so the bus would be here soon.
    "We'll have to wait a bit since the next time the bus is supposed to come is at 9:15." Kayla said as she tapped the glass to show him.
    Break
    Break
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Break 8/3/2014, 6:24 pm

I nodded "Ok then we'll wait."
    I paused and then decided to strike some conversation.
    "So where do you come from and what's your family like?"
    I read the adverts on the bus sign while waiting for a answer so I could have a indication on where to eat but nothing caught my fancy .
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 8/3/2014, 10:38 pm

"I'm actually from Australia but I'm sure you can't tell anyway since the accent isn't very prominent anymore." Kayla told him with a sigh as she kicked a rock and watched as it skittered across the sidewalk, landing near the son of Hecate's feet. She didn't really want to talk to him about her mom. Not that her mother died or anything, Kayla just missed the woman and felt like they weren't close enough to actually talk about her family. But then again the daughter of Ares barely talked to anyone at all so actually even hanging out with someone other than her half siblings could be considered this alone an accomplishment or something. She sniffled slightly and shoved her hands in the pocket of her hoodie.
    "What about you?" She asked, turning the question back onto him.
    Break
    Break
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Break 8/4/2014, 4:45 am

I paused how was it easiest to say it.
    "I'm from Scotland but before coming to camp I was lived in England."I replied back.
    "My moms a multi millionare which doesn't bother me as I just get a heck load of pocket money a month."
    I kicked the rock and it skidded across the side walk.

kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 8/4/2014, 2:45 pm

I thought your mom was a goddess, she thought to herself. Kayla was kinda surprised when he said that he was basically rich and that his mom sent him money a lot. Hades, she was envious. Not at the money thing- she could care less about that. But at the fact that Hecate actually communicated with her son. Her dad never did that. Ares didn't even communicate with her but only once in her life and that was at a mandatory thing for when she was claimed. He never even took the chance to say hi or something. But she got it anyway. Gods were busy and they didn't have to time for their current children when they went out to go make some more demigods or do whatever gods did. She scowled at that and turned back to Gregor.
    "What about your dad?" Kayla asked, raising her hand to her eyes when she saw the bus' headlights come towards them. "Our ride's here."
    Break
    Break
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Break 8/4/2014, 5:08 pm

"Well he's alright we get on quite well he's rich but not like my mom."I replied back.
    I shrugged my shoulders and boarded the bus "Long Island cinema for two and keep the change."I said to the bus driver handing him a 10 dollar bill.
    I paused waiting for Kayla.
    I guessed Kayla was slightly envious just due to moms donation of the such.

Occ : I messed up meh
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 8/4/2014, 11:24 pm

"Well obviously, no one can be as wealthy as a god or goddess." Kayla retorted with an obvious tone. So he was a rich kid? That would explain the pulling out two hundred dollars seemingly out of nowhere. She made friends with a rich kid. She didn't expect that. She sighed as she stepped onto the crowded bus, astounded by just how many people were on there. All the seats were taken and the only space where she and Gregor could stand had little to no space between them. She held the bar above her with a firm grip with one hand, the other holding on to his hat. Her arm brushed against the son of Hecate's and she muttered out an apology under her breath.

OOC: lol on what?
    Break
    Break
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Break 8/6/2014, 4:15 pm

"True true and don't worry."I said replying to Kayla in a hushed tone.
    I shuffled right to the edge of my seat so Kayla could have more space.
    "Get comfy the journeys about 15 Minutes or so."
    I pushed my glasses up face and cleaned them quickly.
    Ooc:with the mum being rich but meh.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 8/7/2014, 3:03 pm

Kayla didn't see the empty seats but still stood holding the bar above her just in case someone else wanted to sit there. The daughter of Ares could be awfully rude and hotheaded at times but she had decent enough manners (although that could be argued when she ate) and if an old lady was standing she would easily give up her spot for them to sit down. She liked to think there was some good bone in her body.
    But seeing as there wasn't any old people who wasn't in a seat she allowed herself to sit down next to Gregor with a relenting sigh. She laid her head back on the seat, fiddling with the son of Hecate's hat in boredom though it was more out of habit than consciousness.
    "I've been on longer bus rides from the ride to my house to one of my old schools." Kayla retorted. But that was usually because she got into a lot of fights in the bus when she was younger and the teachers had to drag her off the kid who's face was being pummeled by her fist and she had so much stubbornness that it usually took them ten minutes to get her off of them. To be fair the kids she usually beat up were A grade jerks and bullies and it wasn't like she could just sit there and watch that happen.

OOC: lol thats fine we all make mistakes
    Break
    Break
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Break 8/8/2014, 11:44 am

"So do you do any school work at camp?"I asked curiously.
    "I do a fair bit just enough to set me on my feet when I leave."
    I paused thinking of where to eat.
    I began tapping the pole beside me as a way to relieve my nerves.

OOC:celebrating bday so won't post till Sunday past 6
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 8/8/2014, 6:34 pm

"If I have summer homework then yeah, I usually get it done in camp. Sometimes I begrudgingly ask an Athena kid to set up some questions or something for me. Believe it or not some Ares kids aren't all brawn." She replied jokingly at the end until she caught herself. She found it a little odd that she . . . joked. Gods she hadn't really noticed how unsocial she was until now. When was the last time she had a friend?
    Kayla thought back. She never really associated with anyone. But what about that one Hephaestus girl- no she was just a temporary sparring partner. How about that one guy in her history class she sat behind last year? Technically asking for a pencil isn't the start of friendship. She inwardly groaned. That was pathetic.
    "Are you a summer or year rounder?" Kayla inquired.

OOC: cool cool, hope you have a great birthday! :D steal save me some cake if your so gracious
    Break
    Break
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Break 8/12/2014, 6:23 pm

"Course all arse kids aren't brawn."I replied back.
    The bus was about 5 or so minutes away from the cinema.
    "War has tactics plans and the such as well, also if you need any help with work ask me."
    I paused how best to answer the question about yer rounder or not.
    "Year rounder though I have three or more holidays with friends with the occasional visit to my dad."
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 8/12/2014, 10:28 pm

"I'll have to take you up on that offer one day so don't be trying to slice me with your knives if I show up at your cabin expecting some work." Kayla chuckled lightly. She nodded when Gregor talked for a moment but mostly to let him know she was listening.
    "Hope you don't mind horror movies because once we get to the theater that's what I'm going to try to find. If there isn't any then an action movie'll be fine too I guess."
    Break
    Break
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Break 8/14/2014, 9:25 am

I nodded in reply to Kayla's comment about the work.
    "Horror sure I dot mind it and lets say I have a contact which will let us get into any age rated film."I said in a hushed tone.
    The bus slowed to a halt as it arrived at the cinema.
    "This is our stop I guess."I said standing up.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 8/15/2014, 12:07 am

Kayla raised an eyebrow at that with a hint of amusement in her eyes. Well that's interesting, she noted. The bus stopped and she stood up before Gregor did, letting the people in front of them go out first before she walked out of the bus. She yawned and stretched her arms a bit before pinching her cheeks to get some feeling back into her from the sudden hit of cold air. She still held the cap and she turned to it's owner as she walked backwards towards the cinema.
    "So your cap always turns you invisible when you wear it? You can't just wear it for fun?"
    Break
    Break
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Break 8/15/2014, 4:05 pm

I saw Kayla's rises eyebrow and smirked "Well being at camp for a fair few years of course like most campers I have contacts."
    I kept walking with Kayla down the path to the cinema and paused after hearing her ask the question.
    "It's a telepathic communication which results in the hat changing it's form to its hidden form and acting the magic within the hat."I replied.
    "In English yes I can wear it casually, put it on now and you'll be fine you shouldn't vanish."
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 8/15/2014, 4:19 pm

"Thank the gods," Kayla sighed in relief as she plopped the hat on her head. "It felt so weird just to hold the hat. Hats are meant for putting on heads."
    As they neared the theater, she got there first and stepped a couple feet back to see the movie options. Nothing really seemed scary but then again since demigods didn't really have access to the internet she couldn't really know which movie was which genre. How to Train Your Dragon 2, Guardians of the Galaxy, Sharknado 2 (she wondered what the heck that was), Godzilla, The Fault in our Stars, oh!
    "How about The Conjuring?" She suggested pointing at the creepy text. The next show was in about fifteen minutes so they'd have to do some more waiting but she didn't mind.

OOC: lol i know the conjuring came out last year but i feel like its scarier than deliver us from evil which is actually out
    Break
    Break
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Break 8/17/2014, 7:58 pm

"Sure."I replied to Kayla.
    I walked over to the desk on the far side "2 tickets to the conjuring and keep the change Phil."I said to Phil the cinema man handing him 20 dollars.
    I collected the tickets shortly after and walked over to Kayla and handed her a 50 dollar note "go get some snacks."I said.
    And I waited.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 8/18/2014, 1:07 am

Kayla still couldn't get over the fact that her newfound companion (friend? ally? acquaintance? she wasn't really sure where he fit) was rich. She was sure it showed too, her eyes slightly gauging at the 50 dollars he just gave to her to go get snacks. She grimaced at it a bit and reluctantly took it from him slightly snorting, "Geez I didn't realize movie theatre snacks were so expensive."
    She was about to walk over to the concession stand before she looked back at Gregor with a raised eyebrow, "Does Your Majesty request anything in particular?" She asked, her voice dripping in sarcasm.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/9/2024, 4:41 pm