A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

i didn't ask for any of this

Watsky
    Watsky

Female
    Number of posts : 620
    Registration date : 2011-01-02

i didn't ask for any of this Empty i didn't ask for any of this

Post by Watsky 8/4/2014, 5:25 pm

Lou Hiatt

"Well, I am a killjoy from Detroit. I drink from a well of rage. I feed off the weakness with all my love"
    Perfect. This was all f*cking perfect. Kitchen duty. It had to be him, stuck with this dumb job, listening to the driads talk about whatever driads talked about. He didn't really care. He had to admit, he did like hearing them laugh. But it was ridiculous. Lots of kids left camp, and return after curfew. Why was he the one to get caught? Sure, some of the others got eaten by harpies, but he knew how they patrolled. He shouldn't have gotten caught, but for some reason the gods decided, yes, let's mess with this guy's day. It's not like he had plans or anything. He didn't, but that wasn't the point. He'd rather be wandering around doing nothing with his life than cleaning dishes. He would rather be doing actual camp activities than cleaning dishes and making salads. And that's saying something.
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state
    Number of posts : 8787
    Registration date : 2009-12-26

i didn't ask for any of this Empty Re: i didn't ask for any of this

Post by mabel pines 8/7/2014, 1:37 pm

of course vinyl's got to go to kitchen duty because they only caught the end of the fight where she was winning, and totally missed the bit where some random kid started insulting her and got aggressive when she insulted them back and told them to buzz off. like, where did they think she got her bloody nose and black eye from? magic?

and it's not like she can afford makeup to cover up the battle scars because she never even volunteers to work the library or shop so she can get money. so she's stuck with kitchen duty because nobody ever believes her when she says it really wasn't her fault, really.

so there she is, black eye and swollen nose in her full glory. and she's stuck with the hideous yellow rubber gloves. but, hey, at least they keep the lava they use to wash the dishes off of her hands. (lava. lava. they are truly insane here, vinyl swears on her insignificant life).

Watsky
    Watsky

Female

Post by Watsky 8/7/2014, 6:32 pm

Lou Hiatt

"Well, I am a killjoy from Detroit. I drink from a well of rage. I feed off the weakness with all my love"
    Finally, Lou was finished with his share of the hundreds of dishes. He left the rest of them for the person next to him. He hadn't given them barely a glance, he.was too busy seething. He didn't have time, anyway. He just wanted to get out of there, but there was a long list of things he had to do, including cleaning ghe tables. Ugh. He lifted his gloved hands out of the lava, letting them drip off, and plunged his hands into a nearby bucket of ice cold water. Pulling the gloves off, he noticed the new red hue of his hands. Something told him they may need to get new gloves.

Now, on to making veggie burger patties. That might not be so bad if he kept the promise of burgers in his mind. He liked veggie burgers, like, a lot. He obviously preferred real meat, but that wasn't possible here. What a shame. He looked up from his hands, snapping out of his veggie burger reverie, looking for the station. His eyes fell on his unfortunate parter, and he winced. That looked bad. "Damn," he said, walking past her, "What happened to you?" He had heard about a fight, but there lots of fights. There were so many between Ares kids alone that he couldn't even keep track. Maybe she ran into a door, Lou did that a lot.
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 8/16/2014, 3:35 pm

she throws a scowl in the direction of the boy, saying, "some jackass thought it would be alright to hurl insults and got mad when i tried to shut him up." she's still bitter about it, has been chain smoking all day in an attempt to calm her nerves. she wants nothing more than to pull out a smoke, but she can't because she has to wash dishes with lava.

she tries not to wash too furiously, prays she doesn't end up a burn to add to her injuries. she's got enough scars at it is, plenty of them are burns. she doesn't need to add more to her collection, she's quite content as it is.

honestly, vinyl has been trying to be better, kinder, nicer. she has. it's not her fault someone else decided it would be fun to mess with her, and it's not like she could just let them get away with it. and she's no snitch, either. vinyl is not a snitch and never will be a snitch.

Watsky
    Watsky

Female

Post by Watsky 8/18/2014, 2:43 am

Lou Hiatt

Lou smirked and made his way to the counter beside her, far enough from the lava to be safe. He leaned against it, facing the girl, hip to counter. "Aren't those people just the worst?" He crossed his arms across his chest, eyeing the ingredients beside him. Four huge cans of black beans, onions, peppers, the works. He was surprised at the amount of cans. Quantity over quality, he supposed.
    Lou looked back at the girl, watching her wash the dishes with a fury he swore was hotter than the lava. "What'd he get off with?" He asked, turning to face the counter, grabbing hold of a can opener. Oh joy. "A slap on the hand and a 'don't do it again? Or did they just put it all on you?" That had happened more times than he could count in school. Just because he started other fights, didn't mean he started that one. Like, come on.
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 9/4/2014, 5:38 pm

"not even," vinyl growls out through clenched teeth. "he got off free. you know, who cares that i've got actual proof on my damn face, it's me so i must have started it."

she's fuming, honestly, hasn't calmed down since she had first received her sentence. she knows she should be grateful it was just a week of kitchen duty; she's had far worse before. they could have made her leave. she could have been out on the streets again, away from her brother and without a home and struggling to find food. anything is better than that. kitchen duty is better than that, even if she does have to wash dishes with lava.

but, dammit, she just wishes that the jackass had to do dishes with lava, too.

Watsky
    Watsky

Female

Post by Watsky 9/17/2014, 1:15 am

Lou Hiatt

Lou shrugged, and scowled. "Chiron has preferences. He doesn't like people like us." He ran his hand along the counter, brushing against the cans. It was true, and Lou hadn't expected anything different. Why should he? "You know," he started, moving closer to the girl. "We could get out of here. Maybe after you're done?" He touched the half-empty pack of cigarettes in his pocket, itching to pull one out. Lou wasn't just begging for an excuse to leave, she truly sparked his interests. She seemed so alike to him, which was something he had been hoping to find for weeks.
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 11/6/2014, 4:22 pm

"i'm not sleeping with you," vinyl replies, rapid fire, voice cold and closed off. it's too familiar, too much like new york and new orleans and chicago and seattle. it's too damn familiar, reminds her of never ending hunger and being so cold she felt numb, of soul crushing loneliness and being used.

she focuses her attention on scrubbing the plates, tries her hardest not to look at him, tries her hardest to settle her slightly shaking hands and slow the beating of her heart.

she's never found the thought of it appealing, never found herself wanting to sleep with anyone, except for innocent naps with her younger brother back before she lost him. she's just - she's never wanted it, and her professions before camp didn't help one bit.

she needs to stop her hands from shaking, needs to calm down. she's dealing with lava, and she doesn't need any more scars to add to her collection.

Watsky
    Watsky

Female

Post by Watsky 11/9/2014, 1:20 am

Lou Hiatt

lou stepped back and blinked. he took about ten seconds to process what she had just said. "wait, no. pshh. that's not what i meant at all," he lied. geez. he watched her scrub the dishes with more fevor, avoiding his gaze, and shaking hands. well, that's different. "hey," he said more quietly. "i just wanna have a smoke with you. maybe a drink or two." partly true. he could accept the no sex, sure. but the girl looked shaken up. and he wasn't exactly a trustworthy person.
    despite being significantly offended, ('what? i'm not hot enough? uh, honey.') and taken aback, he didn't want to let her go just yet. he was leaving anyway, whether she came or not, but company's nice. sometimes.
    lou pulled out the half-full pack of cigarettes out of his pocket and held it out in front of him. "i've seen you around. i know you smoke."
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 11/30/2014, 3:51 pm

"fine," vinyl says, voice shaking and hands trembling. "but only 'cause i'm out." it's true, she finished chain smoking her last pack right before she had to come in.

"and if you even think of pulling anything, i swear i will chop your d!ck off," she adds as she finishes up the last of her dishes. gods, she needs to calm down, she's being irrational. nobody else is afraid of having sex. nobody else doesn't want it. once vinyl gets past being crazy, she'll be fine. she will.

ooc: that was rlly short sozzz i couldn't think of anything
    Watsky
    Watsky

Female

Post by Watsky 12/1/2014, 9:41 pm

Lou let out a loud, short laugh and held his hands up. "I give you permission to if you ever feel threatened." Something about this girl was comfortable, even if she was trembling. He just wanted someone to talk to, really.
    "Hey," he lowered his voice and held his hand out towards her. "You can trust me. I'm Lou. Who are you?"
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 1/25/2015, 5:03 pm

vinyl casts the boy - lou, she corrects herself - a look. not a look, a look, you know, one that says, 'i highly doubt you mean that from experience,' or something along the lines of that. she knows his kind because he's her kind - it takes one to know one and all that. the kind who provide for themselves, the kind who don't trust anyone because they know better than that.

but she doesn't comment on it, just peels off her drakon hide, lava-proof gloves with mildly shaking hands, takes a deep breath. "vinyl," she says. "i'm vinyl." there's no need for last names, godly parents, or pleasantries; she's sure lou knows that from how he just dropped his first name, too.

she ignores his hand, just takes a deep, shuddering breath and turns on her heel to walk to the door, out of the overheated kitchen. the cool, fresh air feels like liberation on vinyl's skin, but it's nothing compared to being free of the harpies gaze. they're just - they're weird, alright, weird and a bit creepy and so, so strange that vinyl hadn't known what to do with them, just tried to ignore them. they just kept watching, though. it wasn't quite terrifying, just unnerving. she hadn't known what to do with it.

"give me a cig," she says, sticking one hand out to lou and sticking the other in her pocket to pull out her lighter, fingers still shaking. "gods, just give me a f*cking cig."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 5:11 am