A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

i'm glad that we stopped kissing the tar on the highway - lolita kai, daughter of poseidon

mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state
    Number of posts : 8787
    Registration date : 2009-12-26

i'm glad that we stopped kissing the tar on the highway - lolita kai, daughter of poseidon Empty i'm glad that we stopped kissing the tar on the highway - lolita kai, daughter of poseidon

Post by mabel pines 8/9/2014, 11:57 pm

"she said she wanted a sea burrial"

She turned her back on the church and put all her faith in me At the back of the chapel where I taught her to screw and to blaspheme. We turned our backs to the church, with our trousers around our knees While screaming the scriptures she said I was her favourite heresy. In a note I read: "If you should go blind and deaf I'll cleanse and I'll bathe you and I'll cook for you daily. I will take a dry ballpoint pen and trace on your chest All of the same conversations that we have now in bed." I don't mean to be selfish; but I think I'd sooner just be dead. Behind the tennis court alongside the river, not a single live flower to see. This is the one girl who woke up from all that, and now falls asleep next to me, But I swear now, every time that I kiss her, she feels her god breathe on her shoulder. It pains me, but I'm sure she's still yours. She said she wanted a sea burial, not grass and hypodermics to her hips. I pruned the ivy from your grandmother's tomb More tender and careful than the superstitious ripped you from your mothers womb. In a note I wrote: "I think too much about the end, but being around it made me feel like I'm coping. Now when I view the cemetery I don't see headstones, I see rows of engraved milk teeth, hungry, waiting for me." And though I am fearful, I think I just crave the relief. Behind the tennis court, alongside the river, paper flower's still a beautiful thing. This is the one girl who woke up from all that, and now falls asleep next to me, But I swear now, every time that I kiss her, she feels her god breathe on her shoulder. It pains me, but I'm sure she's still yours.
    name: your name is lolita kai, and you've truly got no idea why your mother decided lolita was a good name. you also don't get why your father would think that, but whatever. like, seriously. you are not a twelve year old girl who is in a relationship with your 37-38 year old stepfather. you will never be a twelve year old girl who is in a relationship with your 37-38 year old stepfather.
    age: you're seventeen years old, as of july twenty fifth.

eyes: you have eyes like the sea during a storm, wild and unpredictable and maybe a little dangerous, a steely green color.
    hair: your hair is long and messy and red, so very red.
    height: you're shockingly tall, standing at about five feet and eight inches. you're not quite sure how it happened, as your mother is tiny and gods don't have dna, apparently, but. oh well.
    body type: you're pretty skinny. a lot of people think this is something to be envious about, but you don't see how being starving on the streets is something to envy. people, right?
    skin color: your skin is tan, and you have lots of freckles all over your face. people think it's cute. you think they're annoying.

god parent: your father is poseidon, god of the seas, the great earth shaker himself. for some reason, this makes you Kind of a Big Deal at camp. you don't get it.
    mortal parent: your mother's name was ella kai, and you suppose the whole "kai" bit meaning ocean was what attracted your dad, because you haven't see much that would attract a big and powerful god from your mother in a while. one day she had told you how a handsome man had trapped her heart (gross), and how he had convinced her to move from brazil to hawaii with him. things were good for a while, up until she told him she was pregnant. then, she told you, he got this sad, sad look in his eyes. "i'll never forget how sad he looked," she told you, with what almost looked like tears in her eyes. you were fairly certain they were glassy from the beer. your father had told your mother to stay on the island, that you'd be safe there. safe from what, he never said. the next day he was gone.
    country of origin: you grew up in hawaii, which is in the united states of america. it never really felt like it was, to be honest.
    pets: you haven't got any pets, but all the sea creatures in the ocean seem to love you. and the pegasi, you can't forget them.
    life before camp: you were born in lāna`i on july twenty fifth into poverty in your mom's best friend's kitchen, your mother on some drug given to her by a witch doctor and biting on a towel. she named you after the book her friend was struggling to read that was laying on the table next to her.

while you were one of the strongest demigods, you were able to live in peace in hawaii. as it's part of the united states it is under the control of the gods, but it's pretty damn hard for monsters to get to you, for which you were grateful when you heard of the struggles of other demigods. but you were blissfully unaware as a child, only having the occasional sighting of someone strange, someone not quite right.

the weirdest things to have happened were the accidental bursts of your powers. there would be moments where your foot hovered on top of the ocean water before it could submerge, and moments when you swore you didn't splash your friend, but the water still moved to do it, anyways. you brushed them off as best you could, telling yourself it was your imagination.

when you started school, you went to the only school on the island, lanai high and elementary school. the name is really original, you know. this was your first encounter with someone who wasn't living with the same conditions as you, as one of the girls you went to school with, lucy, was the daughter of the owner of one of the two resorts on the island. despite your different backgrounds, you two became fast friends.

you never realized how different you were from lucy until you got older, when she always had a surplus of money and you had none, when you realized her parents weren't passed out drunk most of the time with their friends. she'd let you wear her clothes, and you'd let yourself believe you were rich.

the second you were old enough you got a job at the hotel, working nights during the school year and working all day during the summer. you saved up as much as possible, and then, as soon as you had enough, you ran away. the only person you really missed was lucy; you hadn't been close to her friends, and they had always turned their nose up at you.

you took a boat to maui, somewhere you were sure your mother would never find you. and you were right, they never did find you.

looking back on it, you can't tell whether that was a good or bad thing.

thank god you could sing, because you made a crappy beggar. you'd get jobs singing at bars, singing covers of lana del rey and other music like that. sometimes you'd work as a hooker, whatever worked. all your customers were men, but you did what you had to do to survive. you were never in the same place for too long, sometimes moving around through the islands.

and then one night someone offered you a large sum of money, something you'd never really had. you took the job, suspiciously. it turned out the person was a satyr. at first you freaked out and locked yourself in the bathroom, rocking back and forth and muttering, 'why does he have goat legs, why.' he had to yell the whole story to you about the gods and all that through the door. it was quite comical, when you think about it.

when you were claimed by poseidon upon arrival to camp, everyone freaked out. that was also quite comical. it turns out the whole war happened while you were safe on your island, and it suddenly made sense why your father had told your mother you'd be safe there. hawaii was out of the way enough that there weren't really any monsters, but still under the protection of the gods.

you've been at camp ever since.

talents: you're good at surfboarding, and you've always been a strong swimmer, which makes you a bit of a stereotype. it's like, poseidon on top of hawaiian. fun, right? also, you don't know if this counts as a talent, but you've got wonderful penmanship, despite having horrible dyslexia. you can also sing fairly well, and you're quite fast when it comes to running.
    weapon: you use a celestial bronze sword, about three and a half feet long, double bladed. you also have a food long celestial bronze dagger, also double bladed. you keep the kitchen knife you brought with you from home for memory's sake, though.
    personality: you've always been loud, loud, had too much trouble holding all your ideas and opinions in. you can be playful, but sometimes you can cross the border into mean. you're always moving, like the sea, unable to settle for a long time. a wandering spirit, your mother called you.
    flaws: you kind of run away from your problems a lot. you also have commitment issues, to people and places. you wander too much to get used to being around people, and you would probably leave camp if it weren't for the fact that monsters are such a threat to you; you've always been fickle with attachment to places and people. you're brash, too, always being too honest and too loud about your opinion. and you've always had a bit of a fear of heights, getting from hawaii to new york for camp was an honest to gods nightmare.
    sexuality: you're a lesbian, and you're not sure you'd call yourself aromantic but you sure as hell don't believe in love.
    powers:

• water immunity - this isn't much of a power, just something that's a result of being a daughter of poseidon. you can fall into water from very high heights without any damage.
    • water resistant - this one isn't really a power, like the last one. whenever you go into water, you you get wet. if your very tired, you have to think about it, but if you aren't tired, then it just naturally happens. unless you mentally focus on getting wet.
    • breathing underwater - again, this one isn't exactly a power. you have the ability to breath underwater. even before you found out you were a daughter of poseidon, you could stay underwater for longer than the average human.
    • communication - this one is also not exactly a power. you can communicate with sea and freshwater creatures, as well as equines. you also can speak underwater, but the conversation is one-sided unless it's with someone else with this ability.
    • heat resistance - yet another almost-but-not-quite power. you're kind of heat resistant. not completely heat resistant, but more so than someone else, due to the fact that 'the sea is within you', or whatever it was that the water nymph had said. it's harder for you to get burned than for someone else.
    • telekinesis - you have telekinesis to a very small degree. you can only use it on a boat of some type, getting the ropes to do what you want them to do. you just have to speak the command and the ropes do what you ask. it doesn't work if you ask them to get you a coke or something, just to get the ship ready. this doesn't really drain any energy.
    • water bending - it's kind of like in avatar: the last airbender. like, you can move water to your will, can use it as a weapon, or even just to make blobs in the air so you can drink it. you used to watch this show called h20: out of water, about these mermaids, and one of the girls, cleo, had the same ability, except you've got limitations that she didn't. you can tap into this power for about five to ten minutes straight. if you use it to move a lot of water, then you can only use it for five minutes. but if it's in small amounts, you can use it for ten. after using it, you have about an hour cooldown period. you can keep pushing to use it more, but you get seriously weak if you do.
    • water propulsion - this power allows you to move water around you to propel yourself through the water. this power takes up a bit of energy. not a lot, but still a significant amount. you typically feel a bit dizzy after using this power, and you have to sit down for a minute or two. this power can be used ten times a day, with a half an hour cool down period.
    • water solidification - you can use this power to make water "solid", and while you can do it ten times a day, this is one of his more difficult powers. not because it takes up a lot of energy, but because it takes a lot of focus, which isn't something you have a lot of, being a demigod with add. you can use it to make water solid so you can walk on it, which typically lasts for about ten minutes, but you can also do it for fifteen if you have complete and utter concentration. usually you don't, in which case it lasts ten minutes. either way, you come out feeling exhausted, sometimes a bit feverish, and have to wait two hours before doing it again.
    • aerokinesis - you have a very small control of aerokinesis, just one thing, but it's still very powerful. you can create hurricanes, but only in times of serious need, like if you're obviously outnumbered and could just possibly die if you doesn't do something drastic. it can only be used twice a day, and it leaves you very, very tired. not so tired that you black out if you does it for you limit of  ten minutes, possibly twelve, but even that's stretching it, but tired enough that you needs help walking, and if there isn't anyone to help you, you slump down onto the ground for like, twenty minutes. if you use it for past twelve minutes, you black out for up to six hours, and for up to a week after, you gets dizzy spells, nausea, chills, and weariness.
    • geokinesis - you don't have much control over this power, seeing as it's his most difficult to access. actually, scratch that, you've got no control over this power. geokinesis is a complete last resort. like, say you used up your hurricane, and you're still surrounded by enemies. that's when the geokinesis would kick in, causing a massive earthquake. this power can also be set off if someone very close to you is about to get severely injured, also as a last resort. after using this power, you pass out for anywhere from a day to a week, possibly even more. once you awake, you have serious difficulty standing on your own for long periods of time. the longest you can manage is about ten minutes. dizzy spells, nausea, and weariness occur for about a month afterward.

rp example: lolita sighs, rubbing her hands up and down her arms. she's got a coat on, but she can tell that underneath she's got goose pimples. despite the air in camp being kept warmer than the air surrounding camp, it's still much colder than lolita had expected. she misses hawaii and the warm air.

but then she thinks of how hungry she was, how hard it was to find a place to sleep, and she thinks that camp is much better than that. even though her cabin is mostly empty and she hasn't even met her only sibling, even though it's cold as balls, camp is better than living on the run.
    face claim: cintia dicker
    quote: who fell asleep by los campesinos (LISTEN TO IT)
    any notes about your characters: i did actual research for this plz approve

((ps there is a scroll it's just the color of the background for ~cool factor~))
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1177
    Registration date : 2013-10-23

i'm glad that we stopped kissing the tar on the highway - lolita kai, daughter of poseidon Empty Re: i'm glad that we stopped kissing the tar on the highway - lolita kai, daughter of poseidon

Post by moriarty 8/10/2014, 12:11 pm

Approved!

Current date/time is 5/12/2024, 2:18 pm