A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Whos Up For An Adventure?

beanie
    beanie

Female
    Number of posts : 2047
    Registration date : 2013-12-21

Whos Up For An Adventure?  Empty Whos Up For An Adventure?

Post by beanie 8/14/2014, 9:42 am

Loneliness is emptiness, but happiness is you

I'm drawn to freaks and weirdos, the unconventionals and and the rebels. The ones that refuse to be ordinary and the ones that stand alone.

Emma hasn't been to Australia since she was born. She missed the great outdoors and beaches. But for a couple days she and her best friend Morgan were flying there to spend some time in the sun. Emma was lucky that Morgan helped her pay or else they would've never come.
    Boarding the plane took forever, the flight attendants weren't the least bit helpful. But they luckily made it through the gate and took off with no trouble, but there was screaming baby behind the two (Emma snagged the window seat before Morgan, she could sit next to the old lady who was sleeping).

Its colder in Australia than in America (Emma was getting sick of the heat) so Emma was dressed and packed warm. She was wearing a black tee that had a skull on it, faded out skinny jeans, black jean jacket, white ankle length boots, and a grey beanie that covered her brown locks. Her duffel bag was filled with different clothes and essentials that she needed, including her spray paint.

"Are you ready to visit my hometown?" Emma asked Morgan, turning to face her friend. They should arrive in Sydney in 2 hours (They were on the plane for almost a day, it takes 22 hours to fly there from New York).

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Whos Up For An Adventure?  Empty Re: Whos Up For An Adventure?

Post by Morgan Landry 8/15/2014, 1:41 pm

22 hours of flight were a paaaaaaain. I had the impression my feet had grown extensions in the ground, and my legs were stiff like a marble statue's. Even standing up to go to the bathroom felt weird.
    Emma and I had taken the flight at 6 PM, so we had had ten hours of sleep, but the eleven remaining hours were just... Nope. I had taken my laptop so we could watch movies, to melt the time away, but my legs and back hurt after the third.

"You know my opinion on Australia," I winked at Emma. "But yeah, ready as f*ck."

Fact was, before Emma had invited me to this trip, I had had a white-hot fear of Australia. It seemed to me the moment I'd step from the plane, every living creature would try to kill me. Australia had black widows, snakes, crocodiles, cones, bulldog ants, Tasmania wolves (extinct, I know, but still), and it had pretty much been freaking me out.
    On the other hand, taking a break from Camp and war preparations was a refreshing and tempting idea. Plus, I had faced the Chimera, two Cyclopes, anemoi thuellai, Charybde and Scylla, Circe, a sea serpent and griffins, it wasn't three little bulldog ants who'd scare me off.
    So here I was, sitting in the plane with Emma, dressed in a black tank top and skinny jeans, combat boots and fingerless gloves. A not-too-fashioned-obsessed Aphrodite girl had cut my hair, which was now down to my shoulder blades at the back and to my shoulder at the front. The shorter length had made it slightly wavy, and it was definitely easier to wear a helmet with this haircut rather than the long mane I had had during my Quest.

"So... Still up for the beach, after the hotel check-in?" I asked her, crossing my legs slowly.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 8/17/2014, 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/15/2014, 2:39 pm

I'm drawn to freaks and weirdos, the unconventionals and and the rebels. The ones that refuse to be ordinary and the ones that stand alone.

"You know my opinion on Australia." Emma groaned at that. Morgan used to (shes not totally sure if the fear's gone) have this fear where all the animals in Australia were going to attack her. Emma used to hear stories of her quest, little crocs were nothing compared to sea monsters she fought.

"Morgan, you ain't still scared that the little animals will get you?" Emma whined, looking at her friend like shes crazy.

"So... Still up for the beach, after the hotel check-in?" Morgan asked, causing Emma to smirk a little, glancing out the window. The clouds look so puffy. When Emma was young, she used to think it would be nice to live on a cloud until her science teacher told her that she'd die as soon as she got up there. Dream crusher.

"I'll swim if its not too cold. You do know that the seasons are switched and its Winter there, right?" If she didn't, Emma was going to laugh.

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 8/18/2014, 12:07 pm

"Yeah I know it's winter, but I'm inhabited to swim in cool waters - German lakes, streams in the Alps. Or are you gonna chicken out?" I grinned at her and gently nudged her elbow with mine to show her I was joking. "I bet the water there's not really cold."

The rest of the flight seemed to melt away as Emma and I talked about a wide range of things -- that was what I loved about her, I could talk with her about literally everything, even the most personal stuff. When it got very personal, I'd switch to Ancient Greek, but most of the time, we were speaking English.
    After the two last hours, the attach-your-seatbelt sign switched on, and the descent began. It always gave me the impression my stomach was falling into my legs, but I was accustomed to it by now. The plane landed a few minutes later with a loud rumble that vibrated into my legs and my back, then it eventually stopped and drove left into the plane parking. The aircraft stopped and people started standing up, opening the lockers above the seats to tale their bags out. I untied my seatbelt and stood up as well, a bit wobbly on my stiff legs.
    "Woah," I chuckled, a hand on the seat in front of me to keep me from falling, "you gotta teach me how to walk again!"

I opened our locker and grabbed my backpack, then excited the plane with Emma, holding the handrail firmly until I set foot on the Australian ground. We went into the airport, talking and joking, waited for our suitcases, and took a taxi to get to our hotel.

"Till now, I'm not dead," I told Emma with a joking grin.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 8/18/2014, 1:43 pm

"Don't worry. I'll go in if you do." Emma told her friend, nudging Morgan back.
    The rest of the 2 hours went by fast, Emma spent most the time talking to Morgan about whatever came to their minds (she hasn't told Emma about her crush yet. Shhh!) until she was forced the fasten her seatbelt. As the descended into Sydney, Emma almost screamed, she loved the feeling planes give her when she descends and takes off, her stomach lurching. When they finally landed, Emma could barely get up, she felt like she just rode a roller coaster 6 times in a row after eating.

"My legs are jello." She joked as Morgan popped their locker open. The Australian grabbed her duffel, following Morgan through the airport (isn't she supposed to be the guide?) to pick up the other bag that Morgan brought (Emma rolled her clothes, not folded. Saved room). It was probably lunch here by the time they got in the taxi.

"Till now, I'm not dead," Morgan told Emma with an amused smile. Emma chuckled, nudging Morgan with her elbow.

"Not yet." Emma joked as the taxi started. The city was packed, it took a while before they reached the hotel. Emma paid the taxi driver (Morgan was helping with the hotel) who was very unhappy about no tip.

"You like?" Emma asked Morgan, getting her bag from the trunk.

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/3/2014, 5:00 am

The taxi drive lasted quite some time but it was okay, at least I had a lot of time to talk with Emma and listen to music with her. The cab finally pulled up in front of a nice looking, very modern hotel with large glass windows. Emma paid the taxi while I checked in with the luggage; we had the room 602, so we took the elevator and unlocked the room door with a card they had given us at the reception.

The room was stylish, with a rather large marble bathroom, two beds with burgundy covers, floor-to-ceiling windows and a balcony overlooking Cockle Bay. I put my suitcase next to one of the beds and messed my hair up before flopping down on the couch, fiddling with one of my fingerless gloves.

"It's really very nice," I commented. "And comfy." I took the paper on the small table next to the couch, which was basically filled with indications about the hotel, like where the restaurant was, the times for meals, and so on.

"If the beach's a no, there's always the pool, in one of the top floors," I informed her after reading down the paper.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 9/3/2014, 1:55 pm

Okay, Emma didn't even know what the room looked like, the front desk wouldn't allow her. Emma almost thought that it would look terrible but she was wrong. It looked pretty darn good. Flinging her shoes off, she lunged at the bed, landing next to Morgan.

"I'm fine with either one. At least we'll be swimming." Emma answered, swinging her arms up in a yawn. Stupid jet lag.

"What do you wanna do?" She asked.

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/3/2014, 3:39 pm

"I need to move," I replied and stood up. Twenty-two hours of flight pretty much gave me the feeling I had been microwaved.

Standing straight, I pulled my black tank top over my head and dropped it on the couch, just in bra and jeans now as I zipped my suitcase open to get my bikini. I finally found it - after a lot of rummaging - and replaced my bra with the aqua bikina top.

"Who's up for some swimming?" I grinned, unbuckling my belt.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 9/3/2014, 8:47 pm

Swimming it is then. Emma watched as Morgan got up, stripping out of her shirt. Okay, Emma had to admit but she looked pretty darn good. And the bathing suit was really nice, she had to give her that.

"Dayum girl, thats one bathing suit." Emma complemented, getting up from the bed as well. She had bathing suit somewhere in her suitcase, its just all cluttered. After rummaging awhile, with half of her clothes on the floor, she finally found her bathing suit; a blood red bikini.
    Tossing her shirt off to the side, Emma managed to slide her bathing suit on. Normally she wasn't big on bikini's but she made an exception for this trip.

"Ready for the pool?" Emma asked when she finally tied her hair into a ponytail.

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/5/2014, 3:30 pm

"Thank ya," I grinned, playfully turning around while slapping my hip. "Same goes for you."

If there was one color that I found sexier, more glamorous than a beautiful midnight black, it was definitely deep red. It's wine-like shade gave the color - and the person wearing it - a heady note, in my opinion. I gathered my stuff (clean white hotel towel, shampoo, shower gel and ballpoint pen, Apokryphos), put some gladiator sandals on and went out with Emma into the corridor. The pool was on the eighth floor, so we decided to take the stairs instead of waiting Zeus knows how long for the elevator. We kind of raced each other to the top, and Emma won with a few seconds of advance.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 9/5/2014, 9:59 pm

Emma smiled, slipping on her flip-flops on before following Morgan out the door. She had her towel in a little ball, her dagger Vendetta hidden under, and her water bottle, though that was hard to carry up a couple flights of stairs while trying to beat your best friend but Emma managed. A couple shadow travels made her get there first, waiting at the top for Morgan.

"What took ya so long slowpoke?" The Australian asked playfully, pushing the door to the pool.
    Okay, this pool was huge! Pretty much 11 ft deep and surrounded with those pool chairs. There wasn't that many people, some teenage boys roughhousing, a little family with small children, and an elderly couple. Emma just plopped her stuff in a nearby chair, kicking her flip flops off.

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/7/2014, 5:19 am

I stuck the tip of my tongue out at her. "You Lethe guys and your shadow traveling."

We reached the pool and.... dayum. It was huge. Lined by enormous bay windows overlooking the sea and the skyscrapers, which started to lit up in the sunset, highlighted with colored underwater spotlights, casting changing nuances of violet, green and yellow in the water.... It was beautiful, the perfect picture of refreshing temptation.

Emma was kicking her flip flops off, so I did the same with my sandals, leaving my stuff on a chair next to hers. I caught one of the teenage guys looking at her and felt a pang of something in my ribcage. Don't you even, I thought.
    We then approached the pool's edge, and I jumped in, landing in the water with a splash. I drifted down until my toes touched the cold floor, then I pushed myself back up with my arms and legs, breaking the surface after several moments to grin at Emma.

"What are you waiting for?"
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 9/7/2014, 7:03 am

A splash of water hit Emma's back as she turned around, seeing that Morgan had already jumped in the pool. Show off.
    Emma smirked as Morgan resurfaced, shouting right at Emma. The girl in question smiled, taking a jump-start before jumping off the side, barely missing Morgan's head. The water was nice and refreshing, Emma chose to stay under a little before shooting back up.

"I was waitin' for ya." Emma shouted to Morgan splashing her while noticing one of the boys looking at Morgan. Emma scowled, Ah hell no!

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/9/2014, 2:32 am

Emma jumped in too, barely missing my head, but making water splash right into my face. When she came back to the surface, she splashed me again, having me laugh and splash back before suddenly diving into the refreshing water to grab her leg and pull her down. It was a trick my brother had pulled on me countless times, and he was among the only ones I could do it to. When I tried to push other people under water, they had always been annoyed by it, especially the girls. Oh no, I didn't want my hair to be wet!

beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 9/12/2014, 3:36 am

It was splash attack 2k14 between Emma and Morgan, the water going everywhere. It was only until a little later when she realized that Morgan wasn't afloat. It actually kinda scared her a little. Where was she?
    Then she was pulled down by a force and she had no idea where it came from. Opening her eyes underwater, she could see the outline if Morgan in front of her and she smirked. Launching back up, I started laughing a little.

"Little cheat." I said.

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/14/2014, 4:43 am

I grinned back at Emma. "You wanna fight pretty or you wanna win?" I asked, then floated on my back in the middle of the refreshing pool, looking up at the ceiling. I hadn't noticed it yet, but there were tiny lights in it, as if they were imitating a starry sky. It was really beautiful. A propos starry sky...

"Hey Emma? Do you know Da Vinci Code?"
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 9/14/2014, 7:42 am

Emma stuck her tongue out at Morgan, floating next to her. "Just use that strategy at camp for when that stupid war comes up."
    Wars, wars, there's always wars. Titan war and now the war against the Roman's. It seemed pointless to Emma. In the end, everyone's gonna kill each other eventually though Emma's gonna make sure that some certain people don't die.

"Hey Emma? Do you know Da Vinci Code?" Morgan had asked out've the blue. Emma stared up at what Morgan was looking at and woah, thats one impressive ceiling. All those lights looked like a starry sky. Wait a second....

"Is he the one who sings "Sky Full of Stars"?"

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/2/2014, 7:31 am

OOC: Woah woah woah never got the topic reply notification message for this.

BIC: I frowned. "Um... Da Vinci Code, as in, the book and movie. You know. By Dan Brown? With Tom Hanks playing Robert Langdon?"

Da Vinci Code was actually the movie who had really started changing my beliefs. I had been raised up as a Christian and I still believed in Jesus despite knowing about the gods, but Da Vinci Code had really showed me another interpretation, another possibility. I didn't speak about the whole Grail thing, more about Jesus being human, not God's son.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 10/4/2014, 8:28 pm

Woah, Emma was way off. Then again, Emma doesn't pay attention to all the fame at time. Plus, the only movies she watches are the ones that are all gore and horror.

"No, it sounds religious. Isn't it?" Emma wasn't really religious, though the people at her foster home were very religious and it gets annoying at times. She did't really care that Morgan was though, she didn't act like that. Some people at her foster home would always say "FOR THE LOVE OF JESUS!" and that was super annoying.

OOC: oh so short, so sorry

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 12:54 am