A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Chris Jackson-Hunter of Artemis [Oreithyia]

beanie
    beanie

Female
    Number of posts : 2047
    Registration date : 2013-12-21

Chris Jackson-Hunter of Artemis [Oreithyia] Empty Chris Jackson-Hunter of Artemis [Oreithyia]

Post by beanie 8/21/2014, 9:15 am

Chris Jackson

Name: I go by Chris Jackson or sometimes CJ. First, my full real name is actually Chrissie Eliza Trixie Jackson but over the years everyone started calling me Chris. Pretty self-explanaitory, I guess and too long to say a lot
    Mortal Parent: I didn't know him very well. His name was Clark Jackson, a military soldier that met my mom after meeting her on the streets of Richmond but I barely knew him. He did leave a picture of him with me, I looked like him a lot, we both have blue eyes and brown hair though he looks much more mature. What I remember of him was that he left me on the steps of the orphanage after mom left us when I was a baby. Not much too say, it was a very long time ago.
    God Parent: Oreithyia, goddess of cold, gusty mountain winds
    Date of Birth: April 6, 1800. I look like I'm 16 but I'm really 214. Yeah, I'm old.
    Place of Birth: A small little house in the woods of Richmond, Virginia. I never seen it before
    Hometown: Richmond, Virginia
    Race/Ethnicity: I come from Italian and British heritage (demigod).
    Accent: I used to have this huge British accent but over the years it died done though I still have my roots.
    Skin Tone: I'm hopelessly pale, I burn very easily.
    Eye Color: They used to be a medium blue, like the ocean water, but they've changed to a lighter paleish blue, you'll learn why.
    Hair Color: A very light brown, almost like milk chocolate. I've never tried to eat my hair before though.
    Hair Length: Past my shoulders, it takes forever to comb.
    Height: 5'10
    Weight: 156 lbs
    Body Type: Athletic with small muscles.
    Appearance: One thing about my appearance, its impossible to brush my hair. Its all curvy and wavy and pretty much all the time, it comes out it unruly, dry knots. I have this soft skin, smooth cheeks, these little dimple when I smile. My lips are plump and small, my nose medium, and my eyes are medium as well and are sorta shaped like an oval. There are these small tattoos on my body, arms, wrists, and ankles. I like tattoos, small ones that can't be seen.  
    Weapon:
    +Σελήνη or moon, my bow. Its made of mahogany wood, nice and sturdy to shoot. I have 33 arrows, each one made of celestial bronze with the tips dipped in silver.
    +fría (cold) and Νύχτα (night), my hunting knives that double as throwing knives. Its made of silver thats tips are dipped in celestial bronze and is 13 inches. They're kept in a little pouch that I have attached to the side of my waist.
    Armor: I don't really wear armor, I just take whatever's given to me.
    Pet(s): Tasmaka, my she-wolf. During a hunt, we found her injured. She was small pup, her white fur covered in mud and dirt, all bloody and limping. The others didn't want to keep her but I did, healing her with the spare bandages I had. She was healed in a couple of weeks and Fantasma has clung to me ever since, acting like a guide dog when we're hunting or just in general, she kinda gives me these little instructions through my head, like a special connection. I don't know what I'd do without her.
    Skills/Talents:
    +Healing, I'm pretty good with bandages and medicine for a blind person, many of the hunters let me heal them. I'm not as good as an Apollo kid but I'm close.
    +I have this small little connection with animals. Animals just naturally love me.
    +Archery, I'm pretty good with bow.
    Flaws:
    -After years of being in the Hunt, I've learned not to trust easily which is bad when it comes to the new hunter's that came after me in the hunt.
    -I'm not used to technology now. My dialogue has advanced though.
    -I don't really speak much around the people I don't trust. Even with the hunter's I rarely talk.
    -I enjoy provoking people. It may seem mean but I enjoy seeing peoples faces when they get annoyed.
    -Scars. I have one across my eyebrow and on the palm of my hand after some hunts with the hunters, along with a weird shaped birthmark on my toe.
    -Big surprise: I'm blind. I haven't always been blind, it only happened before I joined the hunt.
    Strengths:
    +I can stay in cold temperatures up to 23 degrees ferinheight
    +Sometimes we have hunts on cold mountains. I find it easy to walk onto of the snow without getting my feet stuck.
    +I'm very nimble, quick, and can climb trees with some struggle.
    +My other senses, hearing, smell, and touch are slightly better. It's not that when you lose a sense the others become super-human, just slightly.
    Weaknesses:
    -I can't be in hot places for a long time. I get very weak and at rare times I faint.
    -As fast as I am, I'm very clumsy and most of the time I fall on my feet.
    -Communicating. Most of the time I can't really talk about my feelings and all that junk
    -I have very little patience, especially when it comes to new Hunters.
    -Seeing, of course
    +Artemis
    +animals
    +fellow hunters
    +the cold
    +chocolate. Chocolate is life.
    +old school technology
    +cold days, especially winter ones
    Dislikes:
    -men
    -heat
    -cramped spaces
    -modern day technology, it confuses me
    -sunny days, the sun gets in my eyes when I try to shoot.
    Fears: I'm claustrophobic, meaning I can't be in tight spaces or else I go crazy
    Personality: I'm not very social, first thing. Even when I was a little girl I chose not to talk to others. It's not that I'm shy or anything, I actually have a little bit of a temper, it's just that people tend to get on my bad side, especially guys. I have a little bit of a humor and I can be nice when I want to but that's rare, more when I'm surrounded by people I like.
    Powers: None really.
    Years as Hunter: I was 16 when I joined the hunt so it's been 198 years.
    Life Before the Hunters: My life was not something to remember. I was just a baby when my dad left me on the steps of the orphanage in the middle of some storm before disappearing off the face of the earth. The caretaker of the orphanage, Ms. Parker, had found me in the morning I was told, crying me eyes out. Of course she took me in, being the nice and caring woman she is and that where I grew up.
    At the orphanage, it was basically every person for themselves. Even as a little girl, I knew that there are two types of people: the good ones and the bad ones. To mean, the good ones were only girl, the nice ones at least. The bad ones are guys and some annoying girls. The orphanage is filled with guys and it was extremely uncomfortable with them around. I was always teased, whether about my eyes (they were strange to everyone) or my attitude. It wasn't the "proper lady-like" one all girls had.

Right after I turned 16, Ms. Parker had taken some kids to a nearby stable, to look at the horses. It was at night, which was weird but while we were there, a fire had broken out, I wasn't close enough to see what was happening, and the entire stable was burning. I had managed to get out but as I was leaving I tripped over my dress and the smoke filled my eyes. The flames were the last thing I saw before everything went black and that was when I went blind.
    Everything had happened so fast and there was no one around me so I had tried to make my way around, which led me to the forest, I could tell by feeling the tree bark and the smell of pine and oak. I was only walking for a little bit but I broke out into a sprint when I heard a growl behind me. And it didn't sound the least bit animal. It was only until a little after when I learned that it was a pack of hellhounds that was stalking the area. I was running for a while, luckily not slamming into any trees but I believe it was a root that I tripped over and fell, my face to the dirt. Whatever was chasing me was closer and I thought I was gonna die until I heard the growls turn into whimpers before stopping completely. It was only quiet for a moment, then footsteps were heard coming towards me, sounding both animal and human. I was pretty terrified so I kept cooking back until my back was against what I thought was a tree.

"Are you okay?" I heard a female voice ask. Something touched my hand and I grasped it, believing it was a hand and was pulled to my feet.

"Y-Yes. Who's there? And what were those things back there? They didn't sound human at all." I had asked, my voicing cracking a little. There were these murmurs around me, more female voices all hushed, until they stopped and another set of footsteps came closer to me.
    "Who are you?" Another female voice said, having some authority in it. I was not intimidated though I did take a step back.

"I'm not in any position to tell you." With that, the whispers came back. I think who I was speaking to became mad because the first female voice that spoke to me wounded panicked, saying that I couldn't see the second one and that I heard outside of the "mist" and heard the "hellhounds". Well, they sounded like they were from hell. But she spoke to the second one using my lady so this one must be of importance.
    All the hushed voices had stopped for a second and I felt something cold over my head. I went to go touch it but all I felt was a blast of icy wind, making me retreat my hand down. It went away after a while but it was still silent. It was the second voice who spoke.

"Child, have you ever heard of the Greek gods?" She asked. Of course, they had books about them in the library at the orphanage.
    "Like Zeus, Hera, and Artemis? Yes." When I said Artemis, some voices around me snickered. What?
    Someone grabbed my hand and I felt that I was being tugged. I don't trust strangers even if they save my life so I pulled back.

"Who are you?" I asked and someone sighed.

"I'm Artemis, Greek goddess of the hunt and these are my hunters." I barely believed my ears. The second voice was a Greek goddess and I had treated her poorly. Thats bad. I was so dumbfounded, I had bowed a little, which earned some laughter. Was I funny?
    "Theres no need to bow but you must come. I know a place where you'll be safe." She explained and this time I took the hand that touched mine, I later learned that it belonged to Zoe Nightshade.
    During the trip, I was explained everything about Camp Half-Blood and how the cold breeze earlier was the symbol of my mother's , Oreithyia, who was claiming me as a demigod. I was fascinated, to say the least, when they also told me about the hunter's, how they were internal maiden's. By the time I was told we arrived at camp, I had let go of Zoe's hand and said loud and clear.

"I wish to be a hunter." Of course they explained to me what would happen but I had made up my mind already. Lady Artemis let me take the pledge after I spoke my mind and I was taken with them on hunts for many years. The rest is history.
    Roleplaying Example: Hunt's were always exciting and refreshing, at least in Chris' opinion. But there were the occasional times where she enjoyed to be by herself but being by herself meant to Tasmaka and thats a no-no. So it was just her and Tasmaka time. She didn't care though, if Tasmaka wasn't with her, she'd end up smacking into a tree and getting a big bruise on her forehead.
    She was bathed in the moonlight, one of Artemis' blessings. She was dressed in a black Supernatural tee, black skinny jeans, hunting boots, and a jean jacket. Tasmaka had to help her get dressed, giving her those silent instructions in her head.

Right. Left. Right. Left. Ri- Tasmaka's words repeated in her head but that was seriously getting annoying. Chris knew who to walk, she just needed Tasmaka to tell her if there's a tree.
    Shut up Tasmaka. Chris said and Tasmaka snarled. The instructions stopped and Chris was getting a little worried. It wasn't until a minute after when she smacked into something. Hard.

"Really?" Chris asked, rubbing her head while Tasmaka laughed, as much as a wolf could.
    Notes:word count- 2203 words (2153 without the original 60)
    faceclaim- kcal rohl

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Chris Jackson-Hunter of Artemis [Oreithyia] Empty Re: Chris Jackson-Hunter of Artemis [Oreithyia]

Post by Morgan Landry 9/14/2014, 9:42 am

Approved! Standing ovation

Current date/time is 5/17/2024, 2:23 am