A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

i'm the princess, i don't wanna be the queen

beanie
    beanie

Female
    Number of posts : 2047
    Registration date : 2013-12-21

i'm the princess, i don't wanna be the queen Empty i'm the princess, i don't wanna be the queen

Post by beanie 9/26/2014, 9:26 pm

people stare

make it worth their while
    Niamh was running far away from her parent's room. She was outraged, furious even!

"Niamh!" She could hear her stepmom's voice behind her but she didn't care. She just kept running, turning the corner away from the chamber, almost knocking into a servant carrying tea.
    "Sorry m'lady." The servant said, almost questioning why the princess was acting so upset. The blonde just kept running, down the stairs and into the courtyard.

Did she ask to be a princess? Did she ask for all of this. No! And now she was supposed to get married, at the age of 14. She was too young and that was no fun.
    She was walking for a while until she stumbled into the stables. Her eyes were red and her slick white dress was a little muddy at the end but there was no one in here so it didn't matter. Niamh sighed, walking over to her Barb named Annie, who looked slightly excited to see the princess. The blonde giggled, stroking Annie's mane softly.

"Ya have it easy." She whispered.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1055
    Registration date : 2013-12-01

i'm the princess, i don't wanna be the queen Empty Re: i'm the princess, i don't wanna be the queen

Post by kayla 9/27/2014, 12:55 am

i'm the princess, i don't wanna be the queen Tumblr_mtuju5RHIg1qe5il9o1_500

Hunter sighed as he shoveled horse crap from one end of the stables to the other. Being a stable boy sucked, he finally decided. He'd had the title for at least a month now and even if he wasn't a servant boy like some of his other friends, he still learned the gossip of the castle and rather quickly too. Although he wasn't aware of this new lord or duke, whichever one that arrogant pompous prick was, that was arriving at the castle until this morning where he had to settle their horses in. The lord or duke looked to be in his late youth although he certainly wasn't a saggy old man either and was in fact, extremely good looking. If the man wasn't such an arse Hunter would've considered being a little bold in flirting with him. He snorted at the thought. As if. After doing one part of his chores, he began going down the rows of stables, most of which were empty, to feed the horses. There was one horse in particular the stable boy had taken a liken to and that was a certain pure breed white stallion horse that screamed regal and beauty. He felt lucky that he even got to lay his hands on the beautiful beast. It's name was Chaol and he was the horse for the Captain of the Guard. All the lady horses swoon.

The stable boy heard a rustling from the other end of the stables and Hunter peeked his head out of Chaol's little part of the stables to see the end of a white dress as a girl entered the stables and more specifically, Annie's stable. Annie was the royal princess' horse and if someone saw some random girl run up to her horse in his stables, Hunter's head was going to be rolling.

"Hey!" He snapped, running over where the girl was. He stopped a few feet behind her, waiting for her to turn around but when she didn't, he got in between her and the horse. "You can't just go to the Princess' horse whenever you ple-"

His face paled. The girl was younger than him by at least two years or so. Her pristine skin was stained by tears and her eyes were red. Those blue green eyes of the ocean; the eyes of the royal family. Hunter immediately blushed and straightened himself into a bow of respect, even getting on his knees for how he acted earlier. "My apologies, Your Highness! I hadn't realized it was you and thought it was someone else coming to steal your mare, I deeply regret not foretelling that it was Your Highness, and sincerely hope you can overlook my mistakes!"

OOC: It's a long post but don't get comfortable
    beanie
    beanie

Female

i'm the princess, i don't wanna be the queen Empty Re: i'm the princess, i don't wanna be the queen

Post by beanie 9/27/2014, 4:33 am

people stare

"Hey!" Niamh heard someone yelling at her but she didn't turn around. It could be a knight sent to bring her back to her parents so they could discuss the marriage. It wasn't till the person had come between her and Annie was when she decided to look up. And her eyes met with the green ones of a young boy.
    Did he know that she was the princess? Apparently not since he was yelling at her for touching her own horse. But after a couple seconds of staring at each other, she saw his face lose a little color and he dropped to his knees in a bow.

Normally Niamh would've just forgiven them slightly but there was something about this boy that intrigued her. He looked 2 years older and was actually pretty cute with those green eyes. She needed some laughs, maybe he could help.
    She faced a snobby expression, looking back at Annie to stroke her mane while the boy watched. Her mare snort, puffs of air coming out from her nostrils. Yeah, I can't bring this up. Niamh started to giggle, looking back at the boy.

"Sorry 'bout dat, trying to see if I could trick ya." The blonde giggled even more, placing a hand on the boy's shoulder. "Ya new? Then again ya probably are cause I never seen ya before and I lived her ma entire life." Oops, she was rambling. "But its okay, if I saw someone trying to take ma horse I'd kill them. What's ya name?"
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 9/28/2014, 8:03 pm

Hunter watched from below as the princess of Lyria's face changed into a snobby expression as she stroked her mare's mane and it took him all his strength not to grimace at the snobby look for it might have cost him his life. He'd dealt with those of higher rank and noble blood but it didn't mean that he couldn't still feel disgust towards their arrogance and prejudice towards the lower class. He had heard stories from the other boys working in the castle that the princess had impeccable beauty and was kind and fair but all those thoughts washed from his mind when he saw that snobby look on her face. She must've just been like all the other noble girls. Stuck up and prissy.

He looked back towards the floor until he heard the tinkling of laughter, eyes drawn back towards the giggling blonde princess. "Sorry 'bout dat, trying to see if I could trick ya." Hunter's eyes slightly widened and he blushed when he realized that it had worked, seeing that he was just thinking of how prissy and snobby she must've been. He stiffened when her hand was placed on his shoulder. Now, the stable boy was certainly no stranger to touching but this was the princess that was laying her hand on him. The only time any noble touched him was to slap him for doing a piss poor job or doing something that they deemed idiotic or the sort. The princess' touch was gentle.

"Ya new? Then again ya probably are cause I never seen ya before and I lived here ma entire life. But its okay, if I saw someone trying to take ma horse I'd kill them. What's ya name?"

Hunter let a small little smile appear on his face on how the princess talked. It was an interesting accent although most Lyrians had them; he had always thought it amusing. But then again he wasn't originally from Lyria, he was from Recien, a neighboring kingdom of Lyria where it was rolling fields of grass and hills covered in blooming flowers. It was a kingdom where the sun never hid but instead shone bright on it's people. Most traits of people from Recien was their prominent tan and a glow to them as if they bathed in the sunlight, many with hair the color of gold or copper, and eyes that rivaled the green ring of forests or the golden brown of the crisp wheat they grew there.

"My name is Hunter Evans, Your Highness."

OOC: worldbuilding yoooooo
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 9/29/2014, 3:47 pm

people stare

Sw noticed the slight color on the stable boy's face when she reveled her trick, meaning she must've been pretty convincing. She giggled even more, pushing the stray wisps of her hair away from her face.

"My name is Hunter Evans, Your Highness." Niamh studied the boy's face. He didn't look very much like the normal people in Lyria, most of them either had blonde or red hair. His was a nice brown, almost the color of the wooden walls on the stable. But his eyes enchanted her the most. They were green, forest green, and they almost sparkled like jewels. She was almost caught staring before she composes herself.

"No need to call me ya highness, just call me Niamh." The blonde said truthfully. "But ya aren't from Lyria, are ya?"
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 9/29/2014, 8:47 pm

"No need to call me ya highness, just call me Niamh." Hunter shook his head at her request with amusement until he met her eyes with his own even though the act in itself would be deemed disrespectful by any other nobility. But he had a feeling that the princess didn't really care.

"That would be highly...inappropriate, Your Highness, if you do realize. After all, I am the stable boy, and if caught calling you other than your title, I could be killed." He said this with a grin like the prospect of being killed over such a simple matter was so normal. Which in this case it was rather normal. He'd heard of a servant being exiled out of the kingdom just for holding eye contact with the king for too long. Even the thought just made him want to cringe. "But ya aren't from Lyria, are ya?" He heard her ask. Hunter shook his head again, his legs beginning to burn from the kneeling position he was still in, though he had no choice but to ignore it.

"No I am not, Your Highness. I am originally from Recien. The central city to be specific."
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 10/1/2014, 3:59 am

people stare

"That would be highly.....inappropriate, Your Highness." Niamh poured at the formality, crossing her arms with a huff. He was probably aware of what happened to her father's old servants that he had fired just for looking at him strangely. The kind had said it was because he saw a glint in his eyes that were alarming but Niamh didn't but it for a second.
    "If it's about ma dad, I'm nothin' like him." She explained just as she made eye contact with Hunter, proving her point. She had just realized that his knees must hurt from being on the ground all this time. Her hands found his as she tugged slightly, as a silent way for him to stand.

"Ooo. I've always loved Recien! The people there are so nice and friendly." The princess pointed out. Actually, Hunter was nice and friendly as well. "What's it like?" She asked.  
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 10/1/2014, 6:22 pm

When the princess' hands found his to help him up, he complied, knowing that it was her way for telling him to stand. Hunter glanced over to the open stable door, praying to the gods that no one else came in. He was tense and nervous but forced himself to calm down in the princess' presence because he knew that she didn't like it when he was so formal or stiff. He let himself meet her eyes and smiled when she spoke. "Ooo. I've always loved Recien! The people there are so nice and friendly. What's it like?" He laughed lightly at her eagerness and excitement. He'd never met a noble so easily excited- or anyone for that matter.

"It's a wonderful kingdom to be quite honest. Everyone is very friendly and nice like you said, although almost annoyingly so. You wouldn't believe how many times I'd had to refuse a kind offer as a kid every single day. Not that I didn't want what they offered, I just liked doing things on my own." Hunter noticed that he was still holding the princess' hands and had been for almost two minutes or so. In haste, he dropped her hands with a blush as he scratched his head. He averted his eyes until he knew that his blush was gone but still let his eyes roam the stable and it's horses. "Lyria is a fair kingdom as well but it just doesn't feel the same if you know what I mean." He said, finally meeting the princess' eyes and giving her a small smile.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 10/3/2014, 7:52 am

people stare

Niamh listened intently to Hunter's description of his homeland, giggling at the funny parts. Little did she realize that her hands were still holding Hunter, grasping them slightly. It was when Hunter started to blush is when she noticed, looking down at their hands. His were very warm and she didn't really want let go but Hunter had already let go, blushing while scratching his head. Niamh giggled. Too cute!

"Ya are right though. The people in Recien are very nice. Here it isn't so nice." She said, thinking of some of the upper ranking nobles. They were rude to lowers and it was so not cool.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 10/5/2014, 1:27 am

"Ya are right though. The people in Recien are very nice. Here it isn't so nice." Hunter's eyes widened and he shook his head, frantically waving his hands in protest. "Your Highness shouldn't say that about her kingdom! It wouldn't sit well if someone were to hear you say that." He chastised her lightly though he felt the ends of his lips tugging into a quirky little smile. She would make a nice queen one day, he decided in his thoughts with a content feeling. The people of Lyria would rest in good hands although it wasn't to say that their current ruler was insufficient or anything. The stable boy just thought that having a kind and compassionate ruler like the princess would be more preferable to the people. Although the though of the princess having a husband- a king to rule with, felt kind of off to him. He didn't know why though. Maybe he thought she'd be a better independent ruler or something. Or maybe he thought that he should be the one next to her.

Despite the happiness in the princess' eyes, Hunter is reminded that they were quite puffy before she lit up like a candle in the darkness. He bit his lip and testing the boundaries, he asked, "Your Highness- Sorry, Niamh," He corrected himself with an apologetic smile. "I know it isn't in my place to ask, but what happened earlier that made you ruin your dress and made you cry?" At the end of his question, he lifted his finger to wipe away a little stray wet spot near her eyes that hadn't yet dried.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 10/6/2014, 12:57 am

people stare

Hunter was waving his hands around frantically after she spoke, drawing some confusion from Niamh. Okay, saying that about her own kingdom isn't so nice but it was the truth. But that doesn't mean that she doesn't love her own kingdom.
    "Don't worry. I love my kingdom nothenless." She reassured him, placing her hand on his shoulder again with a small smile. But that smile vanished when he asked about her eyes. Dang, she had almost forgotten about what happened earlier with her parents. Speaking of her parents, did they know where she is? If they didn't, they would've sent the royal guards by now but whatever. She was having fun here with Hunter.

"I-Its because of ma parents, more ma dad." She sighed, crossing her arms with a pout. "He requested for some royal men to come over so one of dem can become ma husband. But I don't wanna get married!" At the end she almost started bawling but she held it together. She shouldn't be crying in front of her new friend.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 10/17/2014, 10:10 pm

"I-Its because of ma parents, more ma dad. He requested for some royal men to come over so one of dem can become ma husband. But I don't wanna get married!" Niamh looked like she was about to start crying and a bit panicked, Hunter immediately just hugged her. He almost pulled back right after he took into account of what he did at the thought of what would happen if a royal guard came upon them but soon realized he didn't care. He loosened up a bit and hugged her a bit tighter for a moment before letting a distance follow between the two of them. He ruffled her hair a bit with his hand and laid a hand on her shoulder like she had done to him a while ago with a comforting smile to go along with it.

"Don't cry princess, somebody could be falling in love with your smile." He quipped cheekily with a little wink and a quick tut to lift her chin a bit higher. "And as for the engagement the King has planned for you, surely the man can't be all bad if your father is as good a King as I know he is. He wouldn't want a bigot ruling alongside you to tear this kingdom to ruins now would he?"

Hunter walked towards Annie, Niamh's horse, settling a hand on the mare's head and stroking it tenderly. He unlocked the stable and walked towards the end of it so that he could get the saddle to put on the horse. After making sure it was secure, he gently tugged Annie's reign over to Niamh.

"I don't know how I can help you with your troubles yet Niamh, but a ride should help you clear and ease your mind so you can think up a temporary solution." He offered the reigns to the princess and gave her another encouraging smile.

OOC: Kill me now pls
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 10/18/2014, 6:24 pm

people stare

When two strong arms were wrapped around her body, Niamh froze, some stray tears falling down her cheeks. Never before had any man other then her father held her like this and it felt very comforting. At least with Hunter doing it. Sadly, he pulled away, giving her a smile and a hair ruffle.
    "Don't cry princess, somebody could be falling in love with your smile." She smiled and blushed at the little wink Hunter sent to her. No more tears had fallen yet and Niamh was grateful for that. Crying around someone you just met and find a tad bit cute was a big no-no in her book.

"I've learned that ma smile is quite nice." She joked, taking the reign from Hunter and stroked Annie's mane. Her mare snorted, the puffs of air making her smile. "Could ya come with me Hunter?" She gave him puppy-dog eyes.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 10/19/2014, 1:54 pm

"I've learned that ma smile is quite nice." Niamh joked as she took the reign from his hands. He smiled and crossed his hands behind his back as she stroked Annie's mane. Indeed it is, he thought to himself in amusement. "Could ya come with me Hunter?" His eyes widened slightly and he raised his eyebrows in surprise before grinning at the puppy dog eyes that she pulled on him.

"I would love to accompany you Niamh but I don't think I'll manage to keep up with you on foot," Hunter laughed as he patted Annie's flank. "It's not like I have my own horse ya know and I certainly cannot take another noble's horse for a ride."
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 10/19/2014, 8:14 pm

people stare

It had taken some time but Niamh managed to lead Annie out of the stall. Some of the other horses had snorted and neighed at Annie and the mare neighed back. Niamh giggled, taking her time to mount her horse.

"If ya have no horse," She started, tucking some stray hairs away. "Come ride with me. Annie can hold us both." It was the truth, if she could hold Niamh and her brother, than the mare can hold her and Hunter.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 10/24/2014, 10:41 pm

"If ya have no horse come ride with me. Annie can hold us both." Hunter pondered the thought. The rational side of him said, "Don't do it! What would happen if someone saw you two? You'll be the one to pay for it!" The other side of him was saying, "lol chill bro no one's gonna see anyway this is a lifetime opportunity just go ride with the princess" Guess which side he listened to.

"I suppose one ride wouldn't hurt," Hunter grinned wickedly with a careless shrug as he mounted onto the princess' horse, sitting behind Niamh. He leaned in close and whispered close to her ear, "Although if I'm found out that I wasn't doing my duty and instead was frolicking around with the princess, I do hope that Your Highness will step in to such false accusations."

OOC: lol shoooooort like my height
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 10/25/2014, 8:05 pm

people stare

Annie let out another puff of air through her nose when Hunter mounted the mare. Niamh felt the weight behind her and giggled when she felt his breath on her ear. It tickled, a lot actually.

"Don't worry, I'll protect ya." And with that she flicked the reins and tightened her legs, sending Annie into a trout. They were heading for a special trail that Niamh liked to go to when she feels bad. It lead into the woods, by a little stream where flowers bloomed. More animals nested there and it was so nice.
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 10/26/2014, 12:54 pm

Hunter recognized the path they were taking although it was just vaguely. He remembered, in his first days of apprenticeship, when he would always wander off and through the woods nearby the castle. All crunchy fallen leaves and the moist dirt kicked up underneath his feet. They rode through it now although he could barely see anything through the blonde mass of hair that flew into his fast as they picked up speed. He laughed and turned his face so that Niamh's hair wouldn't hit him as much anymore, enjoying the view as they flew past the woods. They passed by a few deer and Hunter could only pray that they would run away soon before someone in the castle decided to host a hunt. Especially that one new lord with an ego that could reach to the heavens' above.

Hunter prayed to the gods that the smug arrogant bastard wasn't the man the King wanted Niamh to marry. Lyria would fall into madness at the hands of some a**hole like him. He felt even worse for Niamh if she were to be his wife.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 10/28/2014, 4:58 pm

people stare

After maybe a couple minutes, Niamh decided to take a look back at Hunter. He had his head turned, looking at whatever but she couldn't tear her gaze away from him. Was it because he looked adorable with the wind blowing his hair back and the sunlight making his eyes brighter or...? No, it was probably because he looked pretty darn good looking. Wait, what is she doing? With a blush forming on her cheeks, she turned back to the road u ahead. He was just a stable boy, even if he did have feelings for her it wouldn't be allowed.

"Oh look." She slowed Annie done to a walk, then stopped by the river. A nice take in scenery, she liked this river. When Annie had slowed down, Niamh slid off, letting the reins go so Annie can take some laps from the river.
    "I love comin' 'ere when I feel blue. Not many people know I come 'ere, its super secret so don't tell anyone."
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 11/11/2014, 10:37 pm

Hunter swung his leg over and jumped off of Annie when she came to a slow enough stop to where Niamh led her towards a little river. He walked over towards the riverbed and picked up a rock, smoothing the dirt and debris off with his thumb before he crouched and skipped it against the water surface. Three skips before it feel into the water. He turned back towards Niamh with two more pebbles in his hand, offering one up to her.

"What kind of problems would the fair maiden have to make her feel blue?" He asked casually.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 11/15/2014, 6:22 am

people stare

"May I?" Hunter's voice made her turn her head and she e saw him holding out another rock. Niamh did take it but not without examining his face first. He looked, amused maybe? Jad he been laughing before? She heard no laughing but that couldn't have meant he still could've thought that she was funny. Was that bad?

"I guess ya can help." Niamh stared at the rock while she stroked it's smooth surface with thumb before looking back at Hunter. "What first?"

Last edited by beanie on 11/23/2014, 3:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 11/17/2014, 10:35 am

"I apologize m'lady," Hunter started sincerely although half of his lips were quirking up into a grin. "I must have overstepped my bounds."

As Niamh's finger fell from his chin, he turned his head to follow her, watching as she flicked her wrist to skip the pebble against the water. The stable boy had to cover his mouth to keep from letting a laugh out at the pout that she sporting on her face. Clearly, she had expected for it to skip a couple more times before submersing itself into the river. Once Hunter was sure that he wasn't going to laugh, he dropped his hand, and walked over to her.

"May I?" He asked as he held out the pebble towards her. "Show you of course. I'm nothing close to a teacher so it might help if I could just ah guide your stance."

Last edited by kayla vern on 11/23/2014, 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 11/23/2014, 3:46 am

people stare

"May I?" Hunter's voice made her turn her head and she e saw him holding out another rock. Niamh did take it but not without examining his face first. He looked, amused maybe? Jad he been laughing before? She heard no laughing but that couldn't have meant he still could've thought that she was funny. Was that bad?

"I guess ya can help." Niamh stared at the rock while she stroked it's smooth surface with thumb before looking back at Hunter. "What first?"
    kayla
    kayla
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by kayla 11/23/2014, 10:59 pm

"Stand kind of facing sideways but with your chest still slightly facing the water. And then I kind of like to step into it with a little crouch when I go to skip the rock." He demonstrated. " Then I flick my wrist and Your Highness, it's all in the wrist."

Hunter made a show of it and snapped his wrist which sent the pebble flying against the surface of the water. One, two, three, four, five. The rock skipped five times before it sunk and although it was only five, he felt proud of his little accomplishment. The highest he'd ever gotten when rock skipping was a six so it was close. He was just glad that the rock sunk on the first skip or else he would've just embarrassed himself in front of the princess.

"Now you try!" He chirped eagerly, facing Niamh.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 11/29/2014, 4:36 am

people stare

Niamh watched Hunter as intently (and hopefully less creppy) as she possibly can. He was being nice enough to show her how to throw so might as well pay attention. It wasn't her boring History lessons so that was good because she mostly doodles during then. After he demonstrated and instructed, Niamh felt the slightest bit educated (no not really) as she positioned herself to throw.
    Apparently Hunter isn't a good teacher because her rock barely skipped. Only two skips before it sunk. That was disappointing, Niamh was hoping for better.

"It didn't go far." She mumbled, obviously disappointed.

OOC: hunter needs to have some teaching lessons yo

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 7:29 am