A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Riding The Night Skies (Lindsey)

Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1696
    Registration date : 2014-07-20

Riding The Night Skies (Lindsey) - Page 2 Empty Re: Riding The Night Skies (Lindsey)

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 10/8/2014, 3:46 pm

Lindsey nodded as he spoke. "I see I quite like classical music all of the composers." She chose not to list them all but she loved classical music. It was far better than this pop nonsense that infested the world today, Lindsey despised that kind of music.
    "You better not judge. That is my role" She responded with a bit of teasing of her own.
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male
    Number of posts : 1923
    Registration date : 2010-11-19

Riding The Night Skies (Lindsey) - Page 2 Empty Re: Riding The Night Skies (Lindsey)

Post by Theseus12 10/8/2014, 3:59 pm

"hah." A bit of a dull laugh, but he laughed. "I respect the classical composers. They have written inspiring music that has outlived their children's children's children. Niki Minaj's music will die before she does." Drizzt fell silent. "As far as video games go, I prefer a kind of action/open world type of game, along with some Real Time Strategy. A favorite of mine is Brutal Legend."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 10/8/2014, 4:06 pm

Lindsey looked at him a bit quizzically. "Brutal legend? Sounds like a poorly written anime." She had never heard of the game before. "I quite like Hearts of Iron three, it is a good game very challenging but I like it." She glanced around, keeping a vigilant watch on their environment. Lindsey never really truly let her guard down, hence why she was never without her weapons.
    She could all too easily imagine monsters or rogue Demigods lurking behind the trees waiting for the moment to strike at them from ambush.
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Post by Theseus12 10/8/2014, 4:19 pm

"Look it up sometime. It is... hard to describe, but very enjoyable. You play as Jack Black, and you have two axes to destroy your enemies. One you swing, and one you play." Drizzt stopped talking, then, giving her a moment to digest it. He too was glancing around, for many purposes, most of them involving awareness of surroundings. "So... What else do you like?"
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 10/8/2014, 5:23 pm

Lindsey listened quietly to Drizzt before saying. "I see well... I like to practice the arts of war and meet grudges." She shrugged, achieving vengeance was an important goal of her life, it helped to maintain the balance and keep an even amount of right and wrong in the world.
    "What about you? Do you like to dish out vengeance and meet grudges? Righting wrongs that sort of thing."
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Post by Theseus12 10/8/2014, 5:33 pm

Drizzt shifted. "I don't see it as dishing out vengeance... There was an attempted murder in the woods. Been trying to find the killer. No success over the past few weeks. All I know is that it was only attempted murder because I happened to be in the right place at the right time. Trying to take him down before he hurts someone else."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 10/8/2014, 5:47 pm

"People like that you find out who they are. Stab them, they die. Shoot them, they die or even string them up they die." Lindsey replied rather coldly as if it happened to be something really simple to her. Of course the difficult part of it would be finding out who was responsible. If such a thing was possible, but once someone found out who was responsible then well... Time to get the rope and a good tree, to solve the problem once and for all.
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Post by Theseus12 10/8/2014, 6:43 pm

"The trick is finding them. After that, well, you saw my scythe." Drizzt rode in silence for a while after that. Subject Ideas.... Subject ideas.... "Do you think about ending lives a lot? My mother is Makaria, but I usually try not to wish destruction on others. Or death. Though I admit, while you can threaten me all day, I wouldn't suggest trying my sister. If she doesn't destroy you, I will." Drizzt shrugged. "I admit, I'm a touch defensive of her."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 10/9/2014, 1:15 am

"Only those that upset the balance of the world or need to be ended of course I myself do not end them all because that to would upset the delicate balance between good and evil, right and wrong." She explained to him. Many Campers believed Lindsey to be quite fickle as her loyalties could change following the success or failure of things. "Sometimes destruction or death is the best way to ensure the balance in maintain, that vengeance is achieved. But like all things too much of it would upset it so no I don't think about ending lives a lot I think about justice mostly." Lindsey narrowed her eyes at me. "If you provoke me into conflict both you and your sister will be defeated, you will lose regardless both of you I am not the kind of Demigod who lets such things pass beneath her."

She viewed his last comment as a threat to her. "I have no interest in harming either of you unless you possess an interest in harming me and or my friends. Then I am afraid conflict is the only answer and unfortunately for you both as nice as it might be to be defensive of your sister. Your defeat will be inevitable but let us not dwell on such matters of hostility when there is currently no need for any." Lindsey attempted to switch the conversation. "As I said I meant you no harm nor your sister so there is little need to keep this as our current trend for conversation. You don't want to be too defensive of her not all girls, sisters and girlfriends especially appreciate a guy be it her brother or boyfriend who is too defensive and protective of her."
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Post by Theseus12 10/9/2014, 3:43 am

"I understand, to a degree. For instance, if there was no death, there would be no room for more life. Without life, death would be out of a job pretty quick." Drizzt chuckled slightly at his joke. He guided Asphodel down a path, a trail that, eventually, led into the woods. Drizzt being Drizzt, he intended to do some patrols in the woods. His reasons for this were twofold. Firstly, he still hunted the attempted murder. But also, a nice side bonus, he had experience fighting enemies with a shovel, back when he and Navi were on the streets, just trying to survive.

"I have but two last things to say, related to the subject. The first one, in spite of her being the older sibling, while we were both on the street, she was crippled heavily, and I had to care for her. I suppose this led to my development of some big brother tendencies. And while I did say the word you, I wasn't referring to you, you. You was a variable that is defined by whomever is foolish enough to try. However, your words that you mean no harm to me or my sister hearten me. The second thing I wanted to say was that, while I have no doubt you are capable in your abilities, a touch of humility might do you some good. Arrogance and Pride are among the greatest killers of the greatest warriors. So, while I do not presume to tell you how to live your life, I do caution you that some humility, and perhaps some caution, would benefit you well. It is good to take pride in your abilities, but not to the point that you overestimate yourself." Drizzt turned in the saddle towards the girl. "After all," he said, a small smirk coloring his words. "Sometimes humility and caution is the best way to ensure the balance is maintained, and that victory is achieved," he said, quoting what she said to better execute his point
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 10/9/2014, 3:51 am

Lindsey was saved from replying as her horse let out a snort, she smiled at her horse, stroking her mane briefly. Perhaps the horse like her felt frustrated or annoyed by him. Lindsey herself wasn't too sure as to how she felt with him, she was still reserving judgement on him.
    She knew very little about him yet in the past that had not prevented her from making a judgement on someone's character. Sometimes you could just tell that someone was bad news and should be avoided.
    "You seem to understand that there is a balance and sometimes the need to change sides to prevent injustice or disruption of the balance." She began. "What would happen if good where to triumph forever over evil? Or evil over good? In order to be light there must be the opposite same with the balance." In effect, Lindsey remain neutral, in any conflict she could not be relied upon to join the fight.
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Post by Theseus12 10/9/2014, 3:11 pm

"Indeed," the child of Makaria agreed. "If there was no good, how would we even recognize evil as it was? While Chaos came first, truly, Order rose from it, and while they have been in a constant battle for domination, We could not manage without either one. Without Chaos, nothing would ever change. Everything would be rigid. Controlled. BORING. And without Order, nothing would ever make sense." Drizzt wondered how they got to this topic, but no matter.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 10/9/2014, 3:14 pm

Lindsey smiled at him, she liked this Demigod he understood the broader, wider picture beyond just the mere simple vanquishing of monsters. There was more to the world than just that, more to life than simply good and evil. Not everything could be explained so easily. "You are very knowledgeable on this subject a rarity it is a pleasure to meet someone who understands it." Lindsey complemented him.
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Post by Theseus12 10/9/2014, 4:25 pm

Drizzt accepted the compliment in silence. He had noticed they had already rode several revolutions around the riding ring, and the sun was starting to rise. Drizzt dismounted Asphodel, and the undead pegasus took off into the sky, flying off into what remained of the night. The son of Makaria then looked up towards the girl. "I forget. Did I ever get your name?"
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 10/9/2014, 4:41 pm

Lindsey shook her had laughing. "No we happened to be too busy threatening the other with vengeance or death or injury." She remained mounted looking down at him. "I'm Lindsey daughter of Nemesis and sadly the only member of my Cabin."
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Post by Theseus12 10/9/2014, 5:12 pm

The demigod nodded. "Drizzt. Child of Makaria. And apart from my sister, the only known child of Makaria." He wasn't exaggerating. He had done his research, and he and his sister were the only children of Makaria on record, which technically made him the goddess' only son.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 10/9/2014, 5:16 pm

"Impressive." Lindsey said as she dismounted. "Anything else you would like to do while we are together? Or is it till next time?" She inquired wondering if they would be parting ways or remaining together for a while longer.
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Post by Theseus12 10/9/2014, 9:53 pm

Drizzt rolled his shouders. "Frankly, I'm exhausted. I'm going to go to bed. Mayhap we can hunt together in the woods sometime? Two sets of eyes oft are better than one."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 10/10/2014, 2:35 am

"Sure I would like that." She held out her hand for him to shake. "Until next time then."
    Theseus12
    Theseus12

Male

Post by Theseus12 10/10/2014, 12:04 pm

Drizzt nodded, shaking her hand with his own, cold hand. "Until next time." Releasing her hand, he then walked off into the shadows.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 10/10/2014, 12:42 pm

She watched him go before whispering after him. "Yes... Until next time."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 4:14 pm