A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Colin and Spark

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Colin and Spark Empty Colin and Spark

Post by Morgan Landry 10/11/2014, 6:46 am

"Come on, come on," Spark kept saying as they ran through the trees, her footsteps seeming deafeningly loud in her ears. She felt like everybody knew where they were and were hunting them right now. The boy from 2 had shot an arrow at her that had scraped her side, and she was crying in pain and terror though kicking herself into running as fast as she could despite the blood running down her side. It wasn't a deep wound, but it stung.
    She had grabbed Colin's hand to make sure she didn't lose him and ran up the forest path, which followed the curve of the mountain. Soon, rocks appeared in the path and Spark had to slow down, walking quickly, the pain in her side increasing with every step. In District 5, there were mountains in which she had sometimes hiked, though never going too far up so she'd be back by curfew.
    After what seemed like an eternity, they came out of the forest and looked up at the imposing, irregular mountains, the snow a few meters up. Behind them, the canon echoed.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female
    Number of posts : 915
    Registration date : 2014-05-12

Colin and Spark Empty Re: Colin and Spark

Post by Sammy 10/11/2014, 1:55 pm

Colin ran with her, tree branches smacking his face. He thought about offering to take the lead, before realizing that it probably wasn't the time for chivalry.

"We need to look for somewhere to stay. We have to stop eventually. And besides, I think I here a stream somewhere around here. It might be a good water and food source," He said, suddenly stopping and gently holding her back. "We can stop here, or we can try to make it up there. Your call."

Colin was surprisingly used to the sounds of the forest. Whenever his father had forced him to train, he'd snuck away into the gathering of trees by their home, climbing them and exploring what he could, maybe hoping to find a way out, maybe just for the sake of getting away. This...place they were in didn't seem natural, though. There were no birds singing, no sound of animals skittering around. Just absolute, desolate silence.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/12/2014, 10:43 am

"Let's go to the stream," Spark said. "It'll be a water source, like you said, but it will also cover our sounds. One thing is sure, though, we should never go into the snow; it'd leave trails for the others."

They reached the stream after a couple of minutes and scaled up as much as they could without getting in the snow.

"The higher we go, the purer the water is," Spark said. Finally, they dropped behind some rocks. Spark wanted to look for a crevice, but there didn't seem to be any where they were, so she eventually stopped searching. She crouched behind the rocks and rubbed some dirt on her face and clothes, but also her hair. Her white streak was very recognizable among her otherwise black strands, and she made sure to coat it in mud. Finally, she washed her hands in the stream and drank a bit of the water. It felt like ice as it slid down her throat, though she used some to clean the wound at her side despite its freezing temperature.
    She then opened her backpack to see what was inside: an empty bottle, some rope, a black sleeping bag, a box of matches, a spare shirt, dried beef and, surprisingly, a knife.
    Turning it in her hands, she looked at Colin. "What do you have?"

Backpacks were very helpful in the games; when you were lucky, you could have weapons, food, tools, night vision glasses, a net or a first aid kit. But one could also have coiled wire, bowls, iodine, blankets and the like.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 10/12/2014, 3:31 pm

He unzipped the pack, placing down the water canteen he'd grabbed along with it, and began rifling through the pack. The bag hadn't been too close to him, about slightly over halfway between him and the Cornucopia. It would probably have some okay things in it.

"Let's see...four rolls of bread, two blankets, some bags, which I'm guessing are for food, and a hammer," He responded, a bit surprised at the last part. Yeah, a hammer was most commonly used as a tool, but it would almost certainly didn't be used as a weapon in this scenario. It was extremely unlikely that they would both be in possession of a weapon.

He filled the canteen with water, then followed her lead, covering his mousy brown hair with dirt and mud, washing off his heavily-bleeding wound with the icy cold water.

"So, what's the plan? Do we just wait here?" He asked her, sliding onto the icy ground next to her. "We should be safe for a night or two, but I don't want to spend too long in one place," The bitter cold was getting worse with every second, it seemed, and while he was sure he could stand it for a while, the gamemakers probably wouldn't make it too easy. Though he doubted they were paying much attention to him and Spark.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/13/2014, 4:05 am

Spark kept looking at her knife. It was serrated near the handle, made of stainless steel with holes in it to lessen its weight and a black, light handle. How am I going to kill people, she thought. I don't even know how. It was strange sitting here with Colin, because while she wanted to trust him, she knew that sooner or later, she wouldn't be able to anymore. Only one person came out of this Arena alive, and she kept thinking he'd kill her or she'd kill him. It created a kind of tension in the air.

"You're right," she said after a while. "Staying in the mountains won't provide safety for long. It's cold, there aren't a lot of animals to eat and I wouldn't be surprised if the game makers sent us a genetically altered racoon or a mountain lion." She put her things back into the bag and looked at Colin's wound. If she wanted to live, she'd have to help her ally survive, so she drew the spare shirt out of the backpack before slicing a piece of cloth off.

"Use this," she said as he washed his wound.

She took another piece of the shirt for herself, dipped it into the stream, then started cleaning the wound, wincing every time the icy cold came in contact with the burning, bleeding spot. Spark felt fresh tears on her cheeks. She wondered how Colin could be so unaffected by the bleeding gash in his body, she almost felt ashamed for crying because of the arrow's slice in her side. They might get a parachute, but she doubted it, not so early in the games.

"We shouldn't eat too much," she said, wiping her eyes. "There won't be a lot of big fish up here, it's too cold. There might be some rabbits, but I doubt it."

She said that more to herself rather than the two of them, because she was already hungry. Nothing's better after a long run up a mountain than to eat something, but she was afraid that if she started eating, she would eat everything she had and starve to death. She didn't know how to hunt. She didn't know how to fish. She only knew which plants and insects she could eat, from training, and that wouldn't sustain her for very long. The beef jerky was her only chance of surviving through food.

"Once it's night, we should also build a fire," she added. "But in a hole, so that the other tributes won't see it."
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 10/14/2014, 4:18 pm

Colin noticed her tears, and quickly used the torn piece of cloth to wipe them away. "Sorry. Some of the water dripped on your face," He covered, giving her a sturdy and encouraging look.

He continued to wipe at his wound, wincing noticeably when the rag touched his skin. "I'll go gather some wood once we've set up. Food wise, we might be able to catch some things. I know maybe one or two traps from training, and there's bound to be some small fish. The careers will start moving soon, so we can take shifts at night," He suggested, running his hands through his hair.

"I'd say we ration out our food. The stuff we have now could last us a few days if we split it evenly."

OOC: Sorry for the short post! My brain's fried after school today. Stupid algebraic equations and inequalities.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/15/2014, 10:05 am

OOC: Eesh, I feel you xD

BIC: "Yeah," she said in a whisper as he wiped her tears from her face. The gesture felt close and somewhat intimate -- it wasn't everyday she got her face touched by a stranger -- but she was honestly past the point of caring about her personal space. If somebody had done that three weeks ago, she would've stepped back, raised her eyebrows and asked what the hell that had been about. But now, she was just grateful Colin made up an excuse for her crying. Both knew why she was, but they also knew there was no way they could allow themselves to feel self-pity and victimize. That was just out of the picture.

"If the Careers are gonna move soon," Spark said, blowing her nose, "you'd better go gather some wood now. Or I gather wood and you set up traps, that way it's done quicker. We can't afford to run around getting stuff in the forest while they're on the move."
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 10/15/2014, 4:58 pm

"I'll do traps, then. If anything happens, try to get high and...well, wait till its safe to come back, I guess." He told her. He gigured they should've come up with some type of signal, in case the other got into any trouble, but the sun seemed to be setting quickly, and setting traps in the dark wasn't a smart idea. "Could I see that rope?" He asked, looking out into some of the denser tree line a bit down the mountain
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/17/2014, 10:34 am

"Sure," Spark said and handed him her rope before standing up. She put her backpack on her shoulder then turned back to him. "See you later... I hope."

With that, she starting scaling down the irregular mountainside, but it was alright to her, she knew how to do the descent without too much rubble falling down. After about five minutes, she reached the edge of the forest and stayed at the outskirt, never going further in than necessary. She picked essentially the branches and twigs she could find at the feet of oaks or maple trees because she had learned in the training area that those were the woods that burned best, along with cherry. She also took some birch bark because it was a good fire starter.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 10/20/2014, 9:08 pm

Colin set out towards the edge of the wooded area, making sure to not get too far or close to their camp. It took him a while, but he eventually found some saplings and some animal markings. He positioned a few snares in different areas, and when he wasn't setting possibly-deadly trap, he was attempting to stone a few birds (notice I said attempting). After a while, he gave up on it, watching the birds fly away.

On his way back to the camp, he tried to leave some not-so-obvious trail markings hinting towards the location of the traps: A rock and twig in a certain shape here and there, basically.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/22/2014, 11:07 am

Spark was already at their spot when Colin came back; she had dug a small hole in the ground with a sideways tunnel to let the smoke out better and was waiting for the sky to grow darker to light the wood.

She had to say, she felt a wave of relief when she saw him; if he had died, then her chances of survival would've been very small. That and, he was a nice guy. She dreaded the moment where she'd have to kill him, but she didn't know if she'd make it that far into the games.

"Hey," she whispered when he came close enough.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 10/29/2014, 2:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 10/28/2014, 6:21 pm

"Hey," He replied, thankful to see her. Had she died...Oh, God, what would he have done? He had a tendency to get protective and attached to people, not in a weird way, more like an older-sibling kind of way. Of course, the Games weren't a good place for that. In fact, it would probably get him killed.

"Did you find anything? Footprints, traps, things like that?" He asked as he brushed his hands off and sat next to her. It was right around late twilight, and the last shards of light had ceased to stabbing sky, slowly receding to reveal a navy blanket edged with blood-red.

In other words, it was almost dark and sunset was just ending.

"If there's signs of someone nearby, we might want to move. The more distance the careers have to cover, the less energy they'll have if they do find us," He suggested, looking down at her hand-made fire pit. It wasn't half bad. Then again, what did Colin know about fire pits?

OOC: Sorry for the delay ^.^ Btw, when are the sponsor gifts starting?
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/29/2014, 2:47 am

OOC: No problem dear <3 And normally the next day. I'm gonna do a time skip in this post.

BIC:

"Nope, nothing," Spark replied. "I think we're the only ones to have made it this far on this side of the canyon."

Spark lit a match discretely and started the fire, warming her hands over it once the sky was dark. The anthem broke out over them and the faces of the twelve tributes to have died tonight appeared in the sky. She saw that Rhy, her co-tribute from 5, had died too and felt a pang of grief. She didn't know him, but he was from home.

Spark munched on half a beef strip then huddled up against the fire. They organized the different watches and Spark got to sleep first. She curled up inside her sleeping bag but couldn't manage to close her eyes for quite some time despite the tiredness and the stress.

The next morning, both were woken up by a rumbling that couldn't be good.

OOC: Hooray for avalanches!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 3:32 pm