A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Back at Camp Half-Blood (private for Cecilia and myself)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Back at Camp Half-Blood (private for Cecilia and myself) Empty Back at Camp Half-Blood (private for Cecilia and myself)

Post by Morgan Landry 10/17/2014, 6:03 pm

The Zeus cabin had changed. A lot.

Aria remembered the way it looked back in the early 1700s, when it had been referred to as the Zeus pavilion or the Zeus mansion. Built out of flawless white marble, supported by gold-painted columns, it was styled exactly like an ancient Greek temple, with heavy but finely wrought bronze door and royal blue tiles. Several stories high, with large windows, separate sleeping quarters for the boys and the girls, boudoirs, a huge salon and more balconies than she could count. A pleasure garden had wrapped around the imposing building, set with eagle-shaped fountains, blooming flowerbeds and paths of pale marble.
    Today, despite being the most impressive cabin, it still lacked magnificence in Aria's eyes. It looked like an American bank, not a home to the children of the King of gods himself.

Closing her eyes, she put a hand on a column and remembered when she had used to live here, not as a Hunter but as a demigod, barely out of childhood. She remembered walking through the pleasure gardens, as always dressed in the latest fashion with mantuas, embroidered stomachers, delicate petticoats, lace-trimmed sleeves and huge skirts of silk or rich brocade. She'd often wear gowns of darker fabric back then because of the fashion established by Madame de Maintenon, the favorite of Louis XIV at the French court, mostly dark blue, green or purple. Her hair would've been pinned up with jewels or she'd be wearing a fashionable wig, walking down the paths twirling a delicate umbrella between her fingers or holding a silk fan in floral motives.
    Those days were long gone... so long. It felt like a dream to her now, three hundred years later. Where had it all gone? The girl who had walked here in ruched dresses and boutonnières in her hair was so utterly different from who she was now it felt like they were from different worlds. Back then she had been Atalanta of Monmouth. Now she was just Aria.

The apparently 14-years-old Hunter turned away from the building and stepped down the stairs with agility. She was wearing a grey camouflage outfit with combat boots, her onyx-black hair, cut by a white streak, done into a braid. Her two hunting knives were sheathed at her sides, ready for her to take them out at the first occasion.
    Cecilia
    Cecilia

Female
    Number of posts : 12
    Registration date : 2014-10-09

Back at Camp Half-Blood (private for Cecilia and myself) Empty Re: Back at Camp Half-Blood (private for Cecilia and myself)

Post by Cecilia 10/17/2014, 8:05 pm

Cecilia had been taking a nap at that time. She, subconsciously, floated up off the ground about the height of an average tree, a little tiny tornado underneath her which was holding her up. Her quiver was around her back, and her bow lay on her belly. Her other weapons were in sheathes, and around her waist. Cecilia had pleasant dreams, dreams of when she lay with her mother on the bed watching movies, and dreams of her former "human" life. She also had horrible dreams, dreams of her being killed on various occasions, dreams of her seeing the look on her mothers face the last time she saw her, dreams of the last bit of home she ever felt. Cecilia had been napping for quite a while, considering she thought of so much with so much depth. Then, the small tornado underneath her started to weaken, so she quickly and instinctively woke up, lowering herself to the point where if she fell, which she did, she wouldn't break any bones. "Oof!" she said as she hit the ground. Recovering, Cecilia got the hair out of her eyes and dusted herself off. "I have got to stop doing that..." she muttered to herself while picking the arrows up that fell on the ground.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Back at Camp Half-Blood (private for Cecilia and myself) Empty Re: Back at Camp Half-Blood (private for Cecilia and myself)

Post by Morgan Landry 10/17/2014, 9:11 pm

"Nice little trick, Cecilia," Aria commented as she passed next to her.

Cecilia was a daughter of Zephyrus they had recruited last year and she was doing nicely in the Hunt in Aria's opinion. The daughter of Zeus stopped in front of the Artemis cabin and sat on a window sill to enjoy the sunlight. She missed the mountains, the rivers and the wilderness. She was so inhabited of sleeping outside, of the wild being her home that she felt confined in the four walls of cabin 8. Even the beds seemed too soft, and her sleeping schedule was irregular because of the times she was assigned to go on separate hunts and took turns sleeping with her other companions.

A wolf emerged from the doorway, a huge wolf with a bulky back, coppery brown fur but a white stomach and fangs as long as Aria's hands. It was her she-wolf companion, the Beast of Gévaudan, which Aria had named Nymeria when they had rescued her in 1767.
    Cecilia
    Cecilia

Female

Post by Cecilia 10/18/2014, 8:58 pm

Cecilia jumped back. "Thanks.... Geez you startled me." she said as she started picking up the remaining arrows and stuffing them back into the quiver. "Sometimes i just accidentally do that... You're... Aria right?" Despite being there a year, Cecilia's average nervousness led her to stay clear from the other Hunters as much as possible, and because of this she couldn't remember everyone's names at every point and time. With a sigh she picked up her bow and slung it over her back, cocking her head at the wolf, looking confused. "Hey uh... if you don't mind me asking... How long were you watching me?" Cecilia still stared at the wolf, wondering about both it and her acquaintance.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/18/2014, 9:06 pm

Aria frowned at her. She was very good at the Did you actually mean what you just said frown, which she was giving Cecilia right now. Being the daughter of Zeus, she wasn't inhabited to others not knowing who she was, especially if these persons had hunted alongside her for a year.

"Yes, I am Aria," she replied, looking at Cecilia with her cutting turquoise eyes. "And I wasn't watching you. I was over there -- (she jerked her chin at the Zeus cabin) -- looking inside and recalling how it used to be."

Nymeria came over to her and sat under the windowsill, but she was big enough to have her head on the same level as Aria's shoulder. The black-haired Hunter stroked her neck with affection for a second then brought her attention back to the courtyard.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 10/19/2014, 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Cecilia
    Cecilia

Female

Post by Cecilia 10/19/2014, 11:11 am

Cecilia shifted her feet and looked down, sad about getting that look. "Im sorry if i made you upset about something... And im sorry for accusing you of stuff. Its wrong to accuse." She continued looking at the animal that came over to Aria. "Do you by any chance mind if i ask what relationship you have with that animal there? Cecilia felt stupid. She was with this girl for a year now! /You're acting like you just met her, Cecilia! Come on!!!/ she thought to herself.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/19/2014, 12:08 pm

"I need more than that to get upset," Aria calmly replied, though it was not always true. As a daughter of Zeus, she had some hellish anger issues. Then Cecilia asked about her relationship with her she-wolf. "Nymeria is my friend," she said. "I saved her back in 1767 and since then we've grown very fond of one another."

Like the other Hunters, Aria could communicate with the wolves, birds of prey, and any wild animal she wanted to speak to.
    Cecilia
    Cecilia

Female

Post by Cecilia 10/24/2014, 3:14 pm

Cecilia was shocked when she heard that date. "Uhm... I'm sorry... Did you say seventeen sixty seven? Even if we do live for a long time I don't think any wolf can live that long..." Cecilia sat down, looking at the strange animal that somehow can live long past it's expected lifespan. She thought about her cat Obsidian. /Can she live that long...?/ she thought. She let her mind wander as she stared into space for a few seconds, thinking about the ratio of a human lifespan compared to an animals, even if one was immortal.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/24/2014, 3:32 pm

"When a female animal joins the Hunt, she becomes immortal too," Aria explained. "There are a lot of them. Othello, Seraphina's bear, for example."

She smiled at Cecilia, Nymeria nipping at her fur with her long, sharp fangs.

"What are you thinking about?" she asks after a couple of moments, noticing Cecilia's far-away gaze.
    Cecilia
    Cecilia

Female

Post by Cecilia 10/25/2014, 4:11 pm

Cecilia snapped back into earth. "I was thinking about the comparison of human years that are immortal to animal years. Basically when would that animal die. I'm one to overthink things you could say..." She gave a weakened laugh. "Wait... So you're saying my cat Obsidian can live forever?" Cecilia gleamed with happiness.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/27/2014, 4:52 pm

Aria gave her a sharp look. "Well I hope that that animal, like you said, won't die for a very long time. The same rules apply to the Hunters and to the predators who accompany us: we are immortal unless slain in battle. So yes, I think your cat could live forever if it stayed in the Hunt. And, you know," she added on the tone of chitchat, "if the gods didn't get somehow overthrown by a mighty Earth goddess or something."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 1:36 am