A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Owen Tier, son of Hermes

Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 11340
    Registration date : 2011-11-05

Owen Tier, son of Hermes Empty Owen Tier, son of Hermes

Post by Mason 10/21/2014, 4:44 pm

Name: Owen Tier
    Eyes: Hazel
    Hair: Blonde, fairly short/long, about average length for a boy
    Height: 5'5"
    Body Type: Built/sort of muscular
    Skin Color: Tan
    God Parent: Hermes
    Mortal Parent: Neara Tier
    Country of Origin: Italy
    Pets: none
    Talents: Archery; sneaking around/stealing; Geometry; Algebra; Outer Space science; Zoology; Botany; rock-climbing; running (he runs really fast); mountain-climbing; all sports, especially soccer (because of Hermes); building/inventing; combat
    Interests (added): All of his talents; watching TV/movies; exploring
    Dislikes (added): chocolate (whether it be straight out or something flavored), annoying people, slow-paced-games, horror movies, extremely warm temperatures, ranch dressing, his allergies
    Weapon**: A normal-sized crossbow with CB-tip arrows. The bow is made out of wood. He actually built it himself. It has his name engraved in the side. (Owen)
    Personality: He is a prankster. He is his father's child, after all. He is also a very kind and interesting boy. Don't mess with him, though, or you might end up in a fight with him. He has a particular interest in sciences and mathematics. He is lethal with a bow, and is defiantly one heck of a fighter. He is usually quiet and to himself, but don't you dare think this doesn't mean he can't be fun- he is not boring.
    Flaws: Scared of snakes, scared of horror movies, bad temper, can't take extremely warm temperatures, hates ranch dressing (it makes him sick), bad allergies
    Abilities (added):

• He can read any message just by touching the object (ex: he touches a lost I-Phone, he automatically knows all calls/text messages/emails etc. that were associated with that phone).
    • He has a 10% more of winning a sports game than normal people. (If he's on a team, it doesn't effect the others; just himself)
    • He knows where all borders for everything is. (ex: he knows where the California/Nevada state border is, etc.)
    • He knows how to get the Underworld; but he cannot exit without those orb thingies from the first book, nor would he ever attempt to go to the Underworld.
    • He can talk to snakes (because of Caduceus), roosters (one of his symbols), and tortoises (one of his symbols).
    • By touching a stolen item, he can see who stole it. and who's it originally was. The more powerful the item/the more valuable it is/the more sneaky the thief stole it, the more energy it takes out of him.
    • He has a 10% more of a chance of getting away with a prank than normal people.
    • If he sees something/someone delivering something, he knows exactly where it's going.
    • I know this is more of a talent, but I'm going to put this here; he's a master of lockpicking.

Powers(must relate to god parent; optional):

• If he is stealing, he can turn invisible for 6 minutes from the person he's stealing from. He can do this up to four times a day. The cooldown is 25 minutes.

Life Before Camp*: Owen lived in Italy with his mother for the first three months of his life. His mother was a regular mortal (no seeing through the Mist or anything), and didn't know anything about Hermes, until a letter arrived explaining who he was and such (this letter arrived five days after Owen's birth). His mother was in shock. When Owen turned one, she lost her job. She moved with Owen to America for new job opportunities. Owen went to school and such in America (his mother soon became a banker). One day, when he turned thirteen, he was attacked by an empousai at school. A satyr named Bob soon came and rescued him. He told him about Camp Half-Blood. Owen's mother said her good-byes shortly after, and off they went. Owen has lived at camp ever since.
    RP Example*: (Is the rule about five sentences in effect anymore?) Owen walked in to the Mess Hall. He sat down. He ate a piece of cherry pie. He thought it was good. He left.
    Any notes about your characters: I got the powers/abilities from other people's Hermes kids and here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermes

Last edited by Mason on 10/23/2014, 4:08 pm; edited 6 times in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Owen Tier, son of Hermes Empty Re: Owen Tier, son of Hermes

Post by Kendall 10/21/2014, 4:57 pm

What kind of allergies does he have? Just general allergies to pollen or such?

Not too sure about the teleportation (even if Hermes is god of travelers I don't think I'm supposed to approve of any form of teleportation besides shadow-travel?). For the invisibility, what's the cooldown? (Would it still be possible to see his shadow?)

Why do you need to say he runs 15% faster than normal people? You can sort of just say he runs pretty fast (and would need to define what "average" is). Also, I suppose his 10%-larger chance of winning a sports game is not due to skill but due to his parentage? How would his increased chances of getting away with a prank/winning a sports game actually translate into RP?

So Owen's mom got a letter from Hermes within the first three months of his life?
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 10/21/2014, 5:03 pm

Yes.
    Edited. Edited. (Yes.)
    Edited. Yes, due to parentage, since Hermes deals with sports/athletic. He would have a greater chance of say, not getting in trouble with the person he pranked. (ex: he spray-paints a person's motorcycle. e has a bigger chance of getting away with it.)
    Yes.
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1177
    Registration date : 2013-10-23

Post by moriarty 10/21/2014, 11:31 pm

Is the message thing voluntary?

How many arrows does he have?
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 10/22/2014, 6:45 am

In RP, no, because he could steal it or whatever and yeah. But OOC, I'll always make sure the RPer's OKay with it.

As many as he can build.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/22/2014, 3:17 pm

Tone down the time limit for the invisibility power and you're golden.
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 10/22/2014, 3:59 pm

Edited.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 10/23/2014, 3:02 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask you to change when his mother got the letter (at most I'd allow it to be within the first week of Owen's birth, when we usually have the gods leave their kids anyway). Otherwise, I'll approve this.
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Mason 10/23/2014, 4:08 pm

Edited.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby