A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

ready to learn?

sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder
    This user coded the site!

Female
    Number of posts : 1828
    Registration date : 2012-09-10

ready to learn? Empty ready to learn?

Post by sienna 10/28/2014, 7:21 pm

ready to learn? Tumblr_nb645l1W6J1rsjd4ho3_250ready to learn? Tumblr_nb645l1W6J1rsjd4ho8_250ready to learn? Tumblr_nb645l1W6J1rsjd4ho7_250
    Leah waved at Eva and said a few words to Hani. Then she went back to her morning routine. Her students would arrive any moment. And it was very important everything was ready. She made sure she had the copies of the syllabus, and the other handouts she was going to be using today. Everything was in order. She spent a couple minutes wandering around the room and fixing things here and there. It was mainly just to keep busy. If she was forced to wait, she would get nervous. This was the first chance to make a good impression on her students. She tried really hard to be respected. Unlike most of the teachers, Leah didn’t attend the school when she was a teenager. No, nobody was really aware of her powers until she was twenty, and in the middle of getting a degree in cognitive sciences at MIT. She finished her undergraduate work, and then decided to follow a different path, one in teaching. Then she found herself here, surrounded by people who had much greater powers than her. But that didn’t make her any less of a teacher. Ever since she has arrived, Leah Howard has given her all.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

ready to learn? Empty Re: ready to learn?

Post by Morgan Landry 10/30/2014, 5:33 am

Lee seemingly appeared in the classroom, though in fact, she had just moved very fast.

"Hello Ms Howard!" she said, not even out of breath.

The small Amerindian grasshopper took a seat at the far end of the classroom and took her stuff out of her old brown backpack. Yes, I call her a grasshopper, because she's so thin and bony, always ready to jump up at the first occasion.

Lee wasn't a particularly good student. What she liked to do was making little paper balls out of the handouts and tossing them around the classroom when the teacher was writing stuff on the blackboard or have ink battles with other kids.
    Since there was only one other student to attend this class with her, she hoped he or she wouldn't be too boring.
    beanie
    beanie

Female
    Number of posts : 2047
    Registration date : 2013-12-21

Post by beanie 11/1/2014, 1:19 pm

Andi had given Morgan a goodbye wave before walking into her classroom. Ms. Howard was already there, along with her fellow classmate, Lee. Andi didn't really mind Lee but she never really talked to her. The only time they ever talked was when Andi had almost made her deaf with a super scream. It didn't matter now, her ears were fine at the moment.

"Hey." She nodded to Ms. Howard and Lee, plopping her butt down on the other desk.
    Andi isn't really the best student, her last report card proved it. She spent a little too much pranking and goofing off, plus the occasional detentions but her grades on a strain. It didn't matter now, hopefully Ms. Howard wasn't one of those teachers that gives out so much homework.

sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder
    This user coded the site!

Female
    Number of posts : 1828
    Registration date : 2012-09-10

Post by sienna 11/5/2014, 8:52 pm

ready to learn? Tumblr_nb645l1W6J1rsjd4ho3_250ready to learn? Tumblr_nb645l1W6J1rsjd4ho8_250ready to learn? Tumblr_nb645l1W6J1rsjd4ho7_250
    After Lee and Andi had arrived, Leah went to close the door to the hallway. When she returned to the front of the room, she leaned against the front of her desk and clapped her hands together, “Well, good morning to the both of you. Let’s get things started, shall we? I usually like to start off with telling you guys a little bit about myself. I’m from Blackpool, England. It’s in the north west area of the country. I have a degree in teaching, as well as an undergraduate in cognitive sciences. I was about 20 when somebody actually approached me about my powers, which I’ve had since birth. My powers are telekinesis and super memory, so don’t assume I’ll forget anything. I’ll give you two a chance to introduce yourselves, after I go over a couple technical things.” This was the same speech that Leah used every year, mainly because she didn’t have time to think of a new one. Plus, this one worked just fine, so why bother?
    Leah continued along her monologue, “So, you guys can call me ‘Miss’, ‘Miss Howard’ or ‘Miss H.’ If you try to call me by my first name I will not respond, unless you’re on fire or something of the like. My bathroom policy is pretty simple, if you have to go just excuse yourself. But, if you don’t come back after ten minutes or you leave excessively, that policy will change. I try not to give out too much homework. After school, if you have a question, I will be in this room until exactly 5 o’clock. If you come to class later than five minutes, without a note, that counts as a tardy. You get 4 tardies before I give out a detention. I think that’s about it. Now, you two, I have a couple questions I want you to answer aloud. Your name, your age, powers, how long you’ve been at the academy, and the most exciting thing you did over holiday. Who wants to go first?”

ooc: I apologize for the sheer amount of dialogue.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/8/2024, 12:22 pm