A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Penelope Ryder

Penelope Ryder Empty Penelope Ryder

Post by Guest 10/31/2014, 7:54 pm

Name: Penelope "Penny" Ryder

Eyes: Light blue

Hair: Blonde, straight, goes to middle of her back

Height:5'5"

Body Type: Slender, athletic

Skin Color: Tan in summer, palish in winter

God Parent: Achelous, God of Achelous River (the biggest river in Greece), chief of all other river spirits.

Mortal Parent: Allison Ryder

Country of Origin: Originally from USA, moved to Spain when she was 8 (you'd be surprised, there are a lot of rivers there)

Pets: None, but really wants a golden retriever

Talents: Swimming, baking, making people laugh

Weapon**: Celestial bronze dagger

Personality: Penny absolutely adores swimming, and her swim team and foster home loved her. she always knows what to say and always makes people laugh. But she knows when to be serious. If she's in a bad mood though, she really doesn't take bullcrap from anyone. If you bug her when she's angry, her temper gets the best of her and you might get hurt. When she's sad, she's quiet and doesn't really joke around.

Flaws: sometimes doesn't realize when to be serious, violent when angry, sometimes hurts peoples feelings with jokes

Powers: she can control water. She can control up to 1 square foot of fresh water. She doesn't have control of saltwater. She can use this power 5 times a day. The longest she can hold her power is 5 minutes. She has to be 10 meters away from fresh water to have control over it. The most powerful thing she can do is a water ball the size of a soccer ball. 30 minute cooldown.

Life Before Camp*: Penny was born in Washington, then moved to Spain when she was 8. She got average grades in school, and started the swim team when she was 9. When she was 10 her mom died from cancer. None of her family members wanted her, so she got sent to the nearest foster home. Lots of people liked her because she has a really great attitude. Many people thought she was very strong for staying optimistic after her mom's death. She got adopted by many families but she got sent back to the foster home after weird things started happening. The weird things weren't monsters, when she was angry she started making water do weird things. At 14 she ran away from the foster home. She stole money from the foster home and she just used her birth certificate (It works.). A satyr found her at the airport and took her to Camp Half-Blood.

RP Example*: "Karen! Some kid kicked mud at me!" I yelled as I walked in the door. "Please, call me mom. I've told you that for a week." She called back from the kitchen. Are you kidding me? She bought me these pants, and she just cares that I call her mom. i walked into the kitchen and glare at her. "I got mud on the pants you bought me." I exclaimed. "Oh, I'll just get you new ones."
    "Are you kidding me? These were like 20 bucks! These were the best pants I've ever had!"
    "Oh calm down. We can just wash it off." That did it. I'm not sure why, but I just exploded after that. The water from a glass on the counter rose up into a water ball and splashed into her face. She gasped. I ran out of the room crying.

Any notes about your characters: Her favorite food is ice cream. lol Standing ovation

Last edited by liza7897 on 11/2/2014, 10:02 pm; edited 5 times in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Penelope Ryder Empty Re: Penelope Ryder

Post by Kendall 10/31/2014, 7:58 pm

Add another flaw, since ADHD is basically standard for all demigods.

What's the most powerful thing she can do with water? How many times a day can she use her power and for how long each time?

How would she have been able to get an airplane ticket to America after running away from her foster home? How did the satyr find her?

Post by Guest 10/31/2014, 8:06 pm

edited
    moriarty
    moriarty
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1177
    Registration date : 2013-10-23

Post by moriarty 11/1/2014, 10:12 am

How much is a cup of water?

A typical flight from Spain to the US costs $573. I don't think a minor is going to make more than 5 hundred dollars in 2 years. She would also need a passport.

Post by Guest 11/2/2014, 6:16 pm

edited wooohoooo
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/2/2014, 6:25 pm

You didn't answer my question about the most powerful thing she can do with her power.

Also, for her last flaw: try something that is more far reaching.

Post by Guest 11/2/2014, 6:35 pm

edited dsadasadsda
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/2/2014, 6:40 pm

How large is said water-ball?

Also, why would being loud at school be a flaw? If it's just school then it wouldn't have far-reaching consequences as flaws should have.

Did her mother not have relatives such as a sibling/parent who could take care of Penelope, rather than letting her be tossed into a foster home?

Post by Guest 11/2/2014, 6:47 pm

edited yeeeehaw
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/2/2014, 9:47 pm

Last question: How far could she be from a source of fresh water at most in order to use her powers?

Post by Guest 11/2/2014, 10:03 pm

edited group hug!
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/2/2014, 10:06 pm