A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Briar Walters Daughter of Psyche

Belle
    Belle

Female
    Number of posts : 1431
    Registration date : 2013-05-28

Briar Walters Daughter of Psyche Empty Briar Walters Daughter of Psyche

Post by Belle 11/11/2014, 6:24 pm

Briar Walters

What's your Name?: My name is Briar Rae Walters.
    When were you born?: I am seventeen years of age, born on November fifth 1997.
    What Gender do you identify with?: I have the parts of a female and dress as such, so I suppose it means I'm a girl.
    Who has claimed you?: My mother is Psyche, goddess of the soul.
    Year rounder or summer?: I am a year rounder.
    Weapon Of Choice: My weapon of choice is a celestial bronze light one handed sword.

---

When you look in a mirror, you see?:  When I look into the mirrow I see the slighly pale skin that I have and sometimes wish I was a little bit more tan. I have greenish to hazel brown eyes, and I'm told sometimes they look blue from a distance. My hair is naturally brown but I prefer to just have it blonde all of the time, and therefore that's what you see about ninty percent of the time; it goes down to the middle of my back. Last I checked I stood at the height of five foot four and I weigh about a hundred and seventeen pounds, but that could be a give or take by now. My feet are size seven, so about average but a little on the small size. You often times will see me in pants and some kind of shirt, I do wear dresses but I prefer not to.

What would you say you act like?: Often times I have noticed that I will have many goals and I will end up being hugely ambitious. I want to reach my arms up to the sky and I want whatever my mind has been set to and nothing will set me off the path, I will die just to get to what I want, in that way I have a strong sense in loyalty and determination, and I will not give up easily, you can torture me and do whatever, but I will not stop until I reach my goals and dreams.

At times I can be rather insightful and I can have one on one conversations with someone and just have that raw emotion out on the table, although it's very rare to see that side of me and it only shows up to my very close friends and they are the only ones I will be very real with. I like to give out advice and help my friends with something if I can, I wont always be able to do such but I try as much as possible.

I hear from others that once in awhile I tend to speak my mind a bit too much and people might see me as a cruel person as I tend to tell others how it is and I don't sugar coat anything or hold anything back. I believe in telling the truth and I'm not much of the type to care if you are horridly offended or not, if that green dress looks horrible I'm going to tell you it looks horrible and you shouldn't worry about it, at least I'm not letting you walk around with it.

People tend to categorize me as free spirited, I'm not much of a person for rules and you can almost bet and win on me to break the rules, and I just do my own thing without a care in the world.

Lastly the one thing I constantly get told is I can be a bit competitive and cocky sometimes. I mean I'm not too cocky, I just flaunt what I have, and I am proud of myself, is that too much to say? Am I going to be degraded just because I might be a little bit better than someone? I think it's absolute bull.

What's you're weak spot?: I have very sensitive and frail skin. I'm not horribly cut out for the demigod life, while having hemophilia, it's a genetic thing and was passed down from my father's side of the family. It's a huge weakness but with my slight powers I am learning to use them and possible contorl them. My other weakspots would have to be I'm not good with long range weapons at all, I fail at using them and the last flaw I have is some of my personality traits can get rather conflictive sometimes.

What do you accel at?: I'm very good at preparing and cooking meals, I love to cook and it is one of my passions that most people couldn't take away from me. Another thing that I accel at is one handed sword movements, assuming I am able to fight. The last thing is being able to turn my power a bit physical.

Have any other family?:  I have a father known as Nikolas Walters he is roughly the age of forty nine by now. I also have a step mother and three younger step brothers. They're the ages of eight, ten, and thirteen.

Own any companions?: N/A

--

Tell us about how you got here:  I was told that my mother was very beautiful and yet odd, my father had a fond connection with the woman who is known as my mother, and he said he was completely drawn in, and one day she vanished from his sight, and he was rather obsessed with her.  Then one day he found her again whenever he was in sketchy places or down in his favourite places. She was usually there, and they would hang out a bit. One thing led to another apparently and I came about. She left and he kept me. It's about as typical as the average demigod tale gets.

Although when I was about five years old there was an incident where I fell off my bunk bed and I was in intense pain and I was bruising up a bit, and my father had to take me to the hospital. I remember it very faintly but the nurse who came in to see me here and there, she was very kind and helpful, and she generally just cared for me. As a young child getting into trouble and such I was there quite a bit and I was diagnosed with Hemophilia. The more time we kept spending at the hospital the more my father seemed to grow a liking for the nurse because sometimes when I wasn't at the hospital and we were hanging out at home and she'd come over.

Eventually this led to her and my father getting married, she was the most loving woman I had in my life and it was nice to have someone to talk to but when they got married, she brought in a step brother for me to have. Not too shortly after they got married they had a son together and he turned out to be my half brother.

By the age of ten, was when my father told me the truth of my mother, and I thought it was odd. I didn't believe him, but I figured if it set me apart and made me special I was a little okay with it. Eventually at the age of eleven was when I was forced to leave, because I'd scare my brothers with parts of my abilities and they didn't like it. I eventually was taken out to a forest, and they were playing a game with me, of hide and seek. I went to hide, and I thought I was just really good at hide and seek for a few moments, but when no one came to find me, I knew something was wrong.

I ended up trying to find my way back to the road but it didn't happen. I was confused and lost and I didn't know what to do besides hug a tree. Eventually after a few hours a young boy a bit older than I was stood in front of me, we looked at each other for awhile, but then soon came an older look fellow. They both decided to take me, with them, and that led to me finding camp, and eventually residing there. I've been there for six years now, and that one boy, is my best friend as of today.

Where does your family originate?: Maine, America

Tell us about a day in your life:  Today was the day I was going to go swimming for the first time in a long time, I was going to try even though I knew the possible risk. I wanted to feel the water caressing my body. I wanted to feel it's cool soothing embrace that would make me feel at ease with myself and forget that anything bad could happen. It would give me the naive outlook I wish I still had and the innocence I lost maybe even just for a moment of my day. At the end of the day you can't trust a whole lot of people, but you can trust yourself, unless you need to be in a mental institute or something.

I grabbed my towel and I creeped out of my cabin. I walked along the path, and hoped I wouldn't get damaged before I made it there. I continue on with my journey. Once I hit the beach, I looked at the water with the sun rising and the orange and yellows glistening on the water, and the sparkles that'd emersed from it. It was a beautiful site to see and only got to see it once in awhile. The water would wash up on the beach for a bit and make a rocking motion, coming up and then smoothly going back, making light swoosh noises.

I exhaled softly and then set my towel down on the dock, and walked towards the water, I began to take a few steps forward and soon my toes hit the dampened sand and the water came closing over around my feet. It was refreshing and a small smile formed on my face. I continued to walk in and with each step each worry and negative thought left. With one push off I began to swim out to the open water. It surrounded me in it's embrace and I was at peace with myself.

Do you have any magical abilities?: I am able to see other people's auras and it's able to tell me what kind of mood someone is in or how their persona is like, but it doesn't tell you everything. I just have to guess upon meeting a few different people, and I can't always see a distinct aura. I can also sometimes make my own aura fairly strong with great deals of concentration and focus and I can almost make it a physical move, and draw apart of my soul out of my body, for fighting purposes since I am not able to get into massive fights myself. Any damage done to my aura still gives me the pains just not the markings of it on my body, that can put me at risk of dying. Although my body itself is almost as if I went to sleep and it's just a still target, which is a huge disadvantage.. It's a rather confusing process.

I can hold a fighting stance with my soul and have it be physical for a good twelve minutes, and when I return to my body, I get drowsy, dizzy, and mild to painful headaches. I am still able to function a bit but I am a bit weaker. My soul when it gets physical is about as strong as I would be fighting with my own body, but slightly weaker since it's just my soul. I can also get dispelled back into my body if my physical body is hit.

Three times a day is pushing a limit on using my power. Generally I use it twice a day, but I am trying to work on being able to use it more. Each time I use it I get weaker and weaker. Usually the first go I'm about as strong as I am in my body, and each time it gets slightly lesser. It also needs at least an hour cool down time but the longer I rest the stronger it is the next time I use it. I feel the pain of any wound inflicted on my soul just without the actual cut on my body. If I get a broken leg within my soul my leg will act as such without the actual bone being broken. That's just a little example.

It can put me at risk for death in the sense that I am not present in my body when I use my soul. My body is just a shell at that point, and I must protect it as much as possible, because it'd be deadly if my opponent found my body as I have a rare illness as mentioned above called Hemophilia. My blood isn't able to clot as well as it should be able to, so any hits would be fatal to my body. Therefore it can be dangerous.

Anything else we should know?: It's really none of your business to know but I am able to play violin quite well and I am pansexual.

Last edited by Belle on 11/14/2014, 9:53 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Briar Walters Daughter of Psyche Empty Re: Briar Walters Daughter of Psyche

Post by Kendall 11/11/2014, 6:50 pm

Powers:
    - For how long could she maintain the physical-fighting aspect of her soul?
    - How strong is it?
    - Could you add a bit more detail as to how she does this and how exactly it would put her at risk of dying? It's a bit vague.
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 11/11/2014, 7:00 pm

Edited~
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/13/2014, 10:00 pm

How many times a day could she use the physical power? What would be her cool-down time? I don't think you said how strong it was -- is it as strong as she usually is?
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 11/13/2014, 10:21 pm

edited~
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/14/2014, 9:27 pm

- Reduce the time limit for the physical aura power.
    - Is there any other damage that can occur to her aura when it's fighting? Like, I would think that damaging a part of your soul would do a bit more than give you a bit of pain.
    - Is it able to be dispelled any other way than by hitting the time limit?
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 11/14/2014, 9:53 pm

edited
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen