A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Sabine Bane

Sabine Bane
    Sabine Bane

Female
    Number of posts : 16
    Registration date : 2014-11-18

Sabine Bane Empty Sabine Bane

Post by Sabine Bane 11/18/2014, 7:13 pm

Name: Sabine Bane
    Eyes: Dark Brown
    Hair: Straight, Dark Brown
    Height: 5 feet 3 inches
    Body Type: muscular
    Skin Color: tan
    God Parent: Ares
    Mortal Parent: Jessica Bane
    Country of Origin: Untited States of America
    Pets: a dog named Copper and another dog named Hershey
    Talents: Good at sword fighting, never misses a shot when throwing a knife.
    Weapon**: only used a long silver and black sword or spear of celestrial bronze. her sword is dyed to look black and white. it is about three feet long.
    Personality: Agressive, quick-tempered, and likes to be on her own. She is a leader, and loves to fight. Sometimes she will pick on you, but she actually has a good heart. She will often come to help, if only you call upon her.
    Flaws: she loves to be near the top of the line, she doesn't always listen to other warnings, and she is sometimes very arrogant.
    Powers(must relate to god parent; optional): super strength. she has a general strength boost around six o' clock in the evening. This is when she is the most focused. sometimes she can use it early in the morning when she is refreshed. she can normally lift up to 145 pounds alone, but with the boost she can list up to twice as much. it will last about 10 minutes. She can do this twice a day only.
    Life Before Camp*: lived with her mother, but never had a father until now. she was always more of a loner. she had only a few friends, but those were the ones who tolerated her. she was known as a bully amog her fellow classmates, so she wasn't very poular. Everything was great with her mother, until one day changed everything. She got into a fight with her mother becasuse she thought it was unfair that she knew nothing of her father. They argued for a while before her mother confessed everything, but didn't tell her who her father was. Sabine's mother knew who her daughter was. Ares had told her everything, and Jessica believed him. however, to Sabine, she just said he was very powerful. Ares left before Sabine was born, saying he loved Jessica and their unborn baby. Sabine, upset by all the lies, fled. Sabine was eight years old. She saw another group of demigods. The other demigods were coming back from their own mission when they saw her. They were in a woods, the woods to go to camp. They were on a mission to find medicine for a dying hero, a boy named Jake, the son of apollo. He was struck down by a monster, saving lots of lives. They knew no amount of ambrosia could heal him, but if they found this cure, he had a chance.  They were being chased by monster on their way home. However, they realized that the monsters could smell her too, so they kept her safe. She trained and became who she really is. She waited until finally, she was claimed by the one and only, Ares!
    RP Example*: As Sabine fought a monster, she stabbed at it, killing it with two strikes. She was thinking about the warning she had heard fro her mother, the warning that was six years ago. Her mother told her to beware of what lay in front of her. Sabine heard rushing footsteps coming for her in the woods, which pulled her out of her thoughts. She got up and rushed through the woods and into plain view, seeking shelter. As she glanced around, she saw her siblings and ran to them. They were in trouble, and needed help. She ran to the monster and jumped to its back, stabbing it in the forehead and felt herself freefalling when it turned to dust. With her super strength, she made sure to land on her feet. As she stood up, she looked to her siblings. "lets get moving" she said to them.
    Any notes about your characters: Sabine has a VERY high pain tolerance

Last edited by Sabine Bane on 12/28/2014, 6:51 pm; edited 15 times in total (Reason for editing : updated)
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Sabine Bane Empty Re: Sabine Bane

Post by Kendall 11/18/2014, 7:18 pm

Did you finish her talents? There's two random letters at the end so...?

Are her weapons Celestial bronze?

Add more to the personality -- it should be at least two lines long.

Add two more flaws.

So how strong is she, exactly? Please note that we don't allow most powers to always be active, so her super strength would only be temporary boosts that she can use a certain number of times a day for a short time period.

Life Before Camp should be at least 5 complete sentences long. Also, how did she get to camp?
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/18/2014, 7:34 pm

It might just be that I replied really fast, but when you edit your form, please post that you've done so; this will tell me the form can be checked again.

How long are either of her weapons? Is the sword dyed to be silver/black instead of being some other metal than CB?

Yeah, super strength in general is a no. However, if you do want her to experience periods of boosted strength (not necessarily super-strength) within human limits, I would suggest changing the power to a strength boost thing. Just list number of times per day she can use it, how long it lasts, how long she has to wait in between usages, and how much it increases her strength. (Example: She can lift 150 lbs regularly, but with the boost can lift up to 500 lbs for 5 minutes three times a day.)

How old was Sabine when she ran away? How did the group of demigods she found along the way know she too was a demigod? And what was the group doing wandering around -- were they on a little adventure outside of camp or were they also heading to it to be claimed/introduced and everything?
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/18/2014, 8:11 pm

Again, when you edit, please post in this topic that you've done so. (Scroll all the way down to the quick reply text box to do this.)

How long does the strength boost last?

Life Before Camp:
    - You didn't answer my question about how old Sabine was when she ran away.
    - Had Ares told her mother about his identity before he left her?
    - Before the fight with her mother, what was her life like? How was school? Did she at least have a few friends?
    - What kind of mission was the group of demigods on?
    - I don't think that the group would have attributed her to bringing monsters to them, unless there was one already in hot pursuit of her -- after all, a group of demigods would attract a monster's attention anyway.
    Sabine Bane
    Sabine Bane

Female

Sabine Bane Empty updated

Post by Sabine Bane 11/18/2014, 8:29 pm

i am hoping i did it right when i said my reasoning was it being updated, but in case i didn't it is updated
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/18/2014, 8:35 pm

Yep, you did it right.

For her power, is there any particular reason that it happens at 6 pm? I'm not saying that it's not acceptable, but you are allowed to use such boosts more than once a day and whenever the character activates it, not automatically like that.

Life Before Camp:
    - Where did Sabine find the group of demigods?
    - Who was this dying hero, and why did they need a quest to find medicine? Was it an official quest with a prophecy? (I feel like I'd say no to it being an official quest, though.)
    - Just a question, but when did Ares leave Sabine and her mother? (Note: At most, we'd let him stay up to a week after her birth.)

For that note at the end of the form, I suggest you remove that: super-strength for a small period of time doesn't mean it'll be harder to hurt her. You can say she's got high pain tolerance but....
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/19/2014, 2:56 pm

So at most how many times a day can she use the power? Twice?

There's not really such thing as a "normal" quest -- it either is a mission (without a prophecy) or a quest (with prophecy). I would think visiting a god would be unneeded though, since Dionysus or Chiron could try contacting him anyway, but even then I feel iffy about using at god to heal even an NPC.
    Sabine Bane
    Sabine Bane

Female

Post by Sabine Bane 12/28/2014, 6:40 pm

Okay. I have made those changes. Is there anything else i need to fix for Sabine?
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 1/1/2015, 2:14 pm

Approved.

Sponsored content