A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Going to try writing this from my charrie's POV

Daffodil987
    Daffodil987

Female
    Number of posts : 206
    Registration date : 2014-10-25

Going to try writing this from my charrie's POV Empty Going to try writing this from my charrie's POV

Post by Daffodil987 11/23/2014, 6:55 pm

Going to try writing this from my charrie's POV S3n0b7

Alright idiots, I have no idea why I'm doing this, it will most likely, be a waste of time.  

Name: Sean. Sean Theo Nowak  if you want my full name. Please, don't be idiotic, pronounce my name 'Shawn'. My name means 'gracious' just like you should be since I'm taking all this extra time to tell you this ridiculous nonsense. Theo is short for Theodore which means a 'gift from god', 'god', or 'gift', depending on how you translate it. My last name Nowak, is Polish for 'new'. Hopefully that isn't too confusing.

Godly Parent: Athena, thank the gods. Finally some people my age that are as intelligent as me.

Mortal Parent: Tom Nowak. Tomas isn't as smart as me, but he doesn't bug me like half the people on this planet. Thomas works for some people in our country's government, FBI, or something like that. I don't know, and to be honest I don't care, I'm much to busy to be caught up in somebody else's life.

Birthday: Why the heck do you need this? Wait, let me guess, you're going to bring me cake and presents! Anyway I'm 12, and my birthday is the 25th of January, in 2002.

I live in: New York, New York. New York's state animal is the beaver, state fruit is the apple, and our state bird is the blue bird. Just thought you might like to know.

Social Status: Friends get in the way of my work.

Years at Camp: I've been here for a year, and I stay here unless Thomas wants me to come help with his work.

Physical Appearance

Skin Tone: My skin is pale, from spending all my time inside. I just don't see the point in going outside!

Eye Color: Hazel-gray I guess. Mostly gray really, but with a hint of hazel.

Hair: Brown

Height: 5 1/2 feet, I'm taller than the average 12 year-old.

Weight: I'm 100 pounds, while the average 12 year-old weighs 88.

Body Type: I'm very lean, tall but not muscular.

Put together: I'm rather skinny for a 12-year old as I said before, but I guess I could put up a decent fight with a monster if I wanted to. My usually pale skin is clear, no scarps or bruises, which no one would really have around here if they just stayed inside and read or studied, did something useful, you know? I'm a brunette, though sometimes it gets lighter or darker, depending on how much I went outside the last couple of months. My Hazel-gray look like a Nimbostratus, well, I guess that would be the best way to describe it.

Wardrobe: I wear earthy clothes like gray, brown, and green. They're very 'causal' because I never really go anywhere of much importance.

Weapons and Armor

Weapon: I have a dagger made of Celestial bronze named 'Thymámai' which means 'Remember'. When I don't need I can turn it into a notebook. When I want to activate the dagger I simply open up the notebook. When I need to activate it to a notebook, I stab my dagger into the ground. I've never used the dagger for fighting really, but it's a great substitute for a knife when you're doing science experiments.

Armor: My armor is made of Celestial bronze, just like my dagger. My armor has been dyed so it black, the color Corvus (The birds, not the constellation, of course). It's always polish and shines like Sirius, a star with an apparent magnitude of -1.46. Well, maybe not that much, I tend to exaggerate sometimes.

Fighting Style: I use my wits, not my strength, to get my out of malevolent situations.

Personality

I can paint a decent picture, but I wouldn't waste my time with such nonsense. I also have a taste for history, especially anything that has to do with Julia Caesar, my idol. When I was one hundred and eight months old (nine years) I got into psychology, and thats when I starting deducting people and animals. Well, people are animals, and our scientific name is homo sapiens, but you know what I mean. I'm quite good with chemistry and how chemicals effect our anatomy. I love english (mostly classics), I am quite a bookworm. I also love agritecture and engineering, giving my Godly Parent. Last, and most certainly least, is gardening. I don't do it a lot but I've been told I have a 'green thumb'. I really only garden when I need a plant for a certain experiment. During battles, I use my brains, not my muscles. I can see the best way to trick or get past a enemy. My deduction skills can help me see how a person is feeling, and if they're lying or not.I suppose I'm somewhat self-conscious, and insecure. I can be power-hungry and moody, according to everyone I've every met.I'm not good with anything with physical exercise, or taking care of animals. Animals hate me, even owls. I have dyslexia and ADHD, but most of us do, don't we? Holding Grudges. Even though most children of Athena have Hybris, I hold grudges. Even if I get really close to you (which will never happen), I won't speak to you for months if you accuse me of something I didn't do.

For the millionth time I'm rather intelligent. With my rotten attitude, I make everyone look like an angel. I am selfless, even though I don't seem like the type, I would sacrifice myself if others got to live. I can't stand spiders, no matter how bug or small, though that's nothing unique for a children of Athena. I'm also claustrophobic, and acrophobia, meaning I hate closed in spaces and heights.

Basics: Lazy mornings, rainy weather, and warm coats.

Food: Dark chocolate, steak, tea, bagels, Indian food, Perrier, Belgian waffles, really any spicy foods, hot soup, goat cheese, chocolate cake, and Nutella.

Music: Classical. Or, getting more specific, Beethoven.

Books: I also love classic books. Sherlock (my absolute favorite), the Lost World, the Call of the Wild, White Fang, etc.

Movies: Documentaries.

Dislikes:

Basics: Going outside, most people, and the cold.

Food: Brussel sprouts, cauliflower, McDonalds or any fast-food place, tofu, jelly, peppers, and sea food.

Music: Rapping and really, almost all pop.

Books: YA Romances *cough* Twilight*cough*, books with too much gore, and Fantasies.  

Movies: Action, Adventure, and Comedy.

Life Before Camp Half-Blood

I lived in New York, New York with Thomas, a mortal older brother, and a mortal younger sister. I always excelled at school, despite my struggling with ADHD and dyslexia. I got straight As and skipped a few grades, even. Then, at age ten, I was attacked by a Minotaur at school. I used my wits and hid in a  closet. Before he could bust open the door I remembered that there was a loose air vent was in this closet.  I was able to break it so I could get into it, and then I crawled to safety. I told Thomas what had happened to me, and he informed me about my mother being Athena, and took me to Camp Half-Blood.
    (Athena had told him about it before she left him)

RP Example:

The excited shrieks and shouts of the other children hurt his ears so badly. He covered them with his hands and waited for them to stop. Finally he could only hear them faintly, as the children pushed opening the doors, heading to recess. Sean sighed and went over to his backpack to pick up 1,000 Leagues Under the Sea .  He was just about to had over to his desk when a man staggered in. He had a large, over sized hat on his head, that covered most of his face. He was large and muscular, and looked like he could be on the cover of one of those Men Fitness Magazines. The only thing he had on other than the hat was jeans, and sneakers.

"Hey! What do you want?!" Sean snapped, slightly nervous.

The man made a grumbling sound before he charged straight for Sean.

"WHOA!" Sean gasped, jumping out of the way, and quickly asserting the situation. This 'man' was rather clumsy, yet strong.
    He looked around, and immediately spotted the closet, and he had that feeling that was always told him what to do when he was in situations like this. Of course, it was usually with the neighborhood bullies, but hey, he was thankful that he had it now that this werido was attacking him. He raced towards the closet, the man right behind him.

He ran inside and locked the door, just as he heard a thud! against the door. How the heck am I going to escape this?! he rubbed his head angrily. Suddenly, he had that twitching feeling again, telling him to turn around. There was an air vent, and it was in very bad condition. Sean ran over to it, trying to tune out the thuds. He slipped his hands through the cracks and began to pull. He gasp, straining himself, as his hands were turning raw from the metal cutting into his flesh.

Suddenly there was a creak and a groan as the air vent pried open. He gasp with relief, wiping his bloody hands against his jeans. Suddenly there was a had CRACK! and the door flew open. Sean gasped. The man no longer had a mask on, and where a human head should have been was a bull's. A Minotaur! But those things are only myths...... he thought dumbfounded. Suddenly the Minotaur charged.

Sean rolled into the air vent just in time. There was a Bang! and the creatures head peered in through the opening. He grunted, frustrated, before pulling his head out and throwing his body against the vent. Dents pressed through the walls and the whole air vent shook. Sean gulped, "I'll be dead in approximately two minutes and thirty seconds if I stay around here!" he  whispered to himself as he reluctantly pulled himself through the air vents.

Notes:

-Can his face claim be Jared Scott Gilmore (I thought someone else might have claimed him but they were using the younger version of him)

Last edited by Daffodil987 on 11/26/2014, 3:57 pm; edited 8 times in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Going to try writing this from my charrie's POV Empty Re: Going to try writing this from my charrie's POV

Post by Kendall 11/24/2014, 10:18 pm

Just gonna hop in now and say that none of those powers are really powers -- they're talents or skills. (Last one seems a bit extreme too.)

Daffodil987
    Daffodil987

Female

Going to try writing this from my charrie's POV Empty Re: Going to try writing this from my charrie's POV

Post by Daffodil987 11/25/2014, 7:30 am

Added to Skills/Talents and got rid of the last one, so edited.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/25/2014, 10:41 pm

So your character is five and a half feet tall (5'6") but only 70 lbs? I don't think he'd be very healthy at all like that.

Is there an overall summary of his personality somewhere, or is it supposed to be the strengths section?

For flaws I think you mean self-conscious, not "self concise."
    Daffodil987
    Daffodil987

Female

Post by Daffodil987 11/26/2014, 9:26 am

-No, that's the point he's suppose to be really weak and unhealthy. If still want to though I can change it.

-Strengths and Weakness summarize it, yeah

-Yes I do, thanks! Smile
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/26/2014, 1:17 pm

It would seem like he's dying, in that case, which probably would not be ideal? So yes, please change it.

Er... Unless you mean the Fears or Flaws sections, there is no weakness section?

For his skills, make sure to edit out that his "power" is how to best get past an enemy -- there's a major difference between powers and skills/talents.

Life Before Camp:
    - Did Athena tell Thomas about camp before leaving him?
    - Are your character's siblings mortals?
    Daffodil987
    Daffodil987

Female

Post by Daffodil987 11/26/2014, 2:21 pm

-Ok edited that
    -Yeah that's what I meant
    -Edited
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/26/2014, 2:30 pm

Make a note that Flaws/Fears and Strengths are supposed to be the personality and some more to them -- or make a section that sums it up.

Otherwise I think your form looks fine.
    Daffodil987
    Daffodil987

Female

Post by Daffodil987 11/26/2014, 3:59 pm

-Added Fear, Flaws, and Strengths to my personality and summed it up. Edited!
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/26/2014, 4:03 pm

Approved.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 4:46 am