A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Do you wanna build a snowman?

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Do you wanna build a snowman? Empty Do you wanna build a snowman?

Post by Morgan Landry 12/14/2014, 10:45 am

"Here's the middle!" Jana Kay said, carrying a big ball of snow she had just rolled around.

James and her had decided to use their free afternoon to make a snowman, which they were doing right now between the Athena and Demeter cabins. It was around 4 pm but the sky was already dark, only lit by the glowing yellow windows of the cabins -- except the Hera and Artemis ones. Both were empty.
    They weren't the only ones outside though. The Ares and Hermes guys were having a rather violent snowball fight, spiced up by the Khiones's missile snowballs and the Hecate's invisible ones that you could only see once they hit you. Some other kids were doing their own snowmen/snowwomen/snowsatyrs/etc, but there wasn't any kind of competition. Jana Kay had gotten a lantern from the arts and crafts, which was now sitting in the snow at their feet with some pine cones, twigs and a carrot.
    She'd be leaving next week to celebrate Christmas with her family, though she'd probably come back by New Year. She'd miss spending Christmas with James but he too had a family and whilst last year's Christmas had been amazing with him, they'd have plenty of other opportunities to do the same. Or so she strongly hoped. Jana Kay was always a very grateful and optimistic person, but now she was dating James, it felt like she had unlocked cloud seven. She felt so good, all the time! Nothing could stop her! And the feeling got stronger every time she spent time with him.

The daughter of Demeter carefully put the large snow ball on the already present, bigger snow ball underneath and patted it to make it tougher. She was dressed in a warm orange snowboard jacket, jeans and purple moon boots with wool mittens and a bobble hat. Her hair was free, some blonde streaks chalk-died red for the Christmas effect, one of her strands pinned back with holly. Her nose and cheeks were red from the cold, her boots and mittens were caked with snow and she had tiny candy stick earrings with her Camp Half-Blood beaded necklace.

"Now for the head," she grinned, her green eyes glistening in the candle light.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 8666
    Registration date : 2012-03-11

Do you wanna build a snowman? Empty Re: Do you wanna build a snowman?

Post by Perca 12/14/2014, 11:13 am

"I got that, princess. How about you start to decorate the body, huh? I will be there in a minute"I called out at Jana Kay from where I stood, a few feet away, collecting snow for a head.

Building a snowman was Jana's idea, but I could never deny her anything. So I just had to suck it up and hope our craft wouldn't be ruinef by any incoming snowballs from the fight near by. I wasn't too keen on playing with the snow, but as long as it made her happy, I was okay with it. If we had to rebuild it though, that would probably reach my tolerance limit. It was bad enough we had to be out at this cold while we could be inside my or her cabin, snuggling under a warm blanket and watching movies. At least I got to see Jana all bundled ul like that. She was actually pretty cute, in a kind of huge way. I was more lightly dressed, only wearing a scarf and gloves as well as my boots and jacket as extra protection from the cold. I was grateful for the snow Mr. D allowed us to have, but normally I would still be going around in my T-shirt and shorts. I hated long-sleeved clthing.

For the ocasion of Christmas, I had asked for some of those tree lights the Hecate kids made, where the lights would never go out and change colors on their own, working without needing to be plunged into sockets. I had glued them on my clothes and also added some on my hair, which had grown in length. I needed a haircut soon, or Jana threatened she would have to braid them to make them stay out of my face. 'If you keep going like this,  people will start mistaking you for a girl, 007. Do you imagine what that would do to my reputation?!' she had joked. I would get them cut when I went to my mom, she was the only one I trusted sith scissors near my head. I was sad I couldn't bring Jana with me, but she missed her familly.

Jana. My mom had been on top of the world when she found out we were dating. Finally, as she put it. The woman was crazy about my girlfriend. I was pretty sure she had already prepared our wedding and was now knitting baby clothing. I mean, how could anyone not be crazyabout her? My girlfriend. I really enjoyed the sound of that, more than I should. I secretly hoped we would be together for my mom's plans to come true but I would never voice that to Jana. She would probably think I'm a lunatic and start running for the hills.

I was so lost in thought I didn't even realise I was done. With a smile, I picked up the ball and walked over to where Jana stood, adding the head of top of the middle. It was slightly bigger, but I hoped she wouldn't notice.

"Ta-da!"I grinned and wrapped my arm around Jana, pulling her close to my side. "All done!"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/14/2014, 12:19 pm

"Beautiful," she grinned, her arm around his waist. She had some snowflakes in her hair and the top of her ears were all red from the cold, their breaths misting in front of them. Looking at the three snow balls piled up in front of them, she bent down to pick up the carrot and stuck it in the middle of the snowman's face. After which, she took off one mitten and stuck her hand inside her jacket's pocket, gathering a couple of buttons in her hand. She started by doing the eyes, then a smiley mouth, all in buttons.

She felt like in Scotland, when her sisters and her made snowmen in the garden, wading in the snow and joking over the fence with the neighbors's children.

Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 12/14/2014, 12:32 pm

I grinned back at her and took of my scarf, wrapping it around the joining point of the head and the main body. I then reached into my jacket's pocket and pulled out some raindeer hair accessorise I stole from a girl in my cabin and used it instead of a hat. Finally I took out the buttons used for the eyes and took out of that same pocket a pair of those funny glasses with the huge nose and bushy eyebrows I used to year for Halloween when I was 10. After I was done, I took a couple of steps back to admire my work. "Ah. Beautiful, isn't it?"I joked, mimicking her words from just a second ago, and ruffled Jana's hair, mixing them with some snow. Noticing how she had started to go red, I searched my pockets for a bonnet or something. It would suck if she got sick right on the time of celebrating. And I knew how much Jana loved celebrating. "What do you think, Princess?"I asked as I handed her back her buttons.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/14/2014, 4:09 pm

OOC: Jana Kay already has a bonnet ^^ A bobble hat to be precise.

BIC: "Marvelous," she laughed. "He looks a bit like you doesn't he?"

She put some golden and green baubles on the branches and some pine cones here and there before making two little snowballs and putting them at the bottom. "The feet," she announced, still chuckling.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 12/15/2014, 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 12/14/2014, 4:13 pm

"What's that supposed to mean?!"I whined and poyted like a 4 year old. I wanted to keep pretending I was offended but I couldn't. She made me laugh and I couldn't hide that. "So, it's a boy? Man, I thought it was a girl for a second. Looked totally like that Ares' chick... Go figure"I chuckled and nudged Jana's shoulder. "Nice work. We do make quite a good team, partner"

OOC: Oh... Sorry
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 12/15/2014, 6:49 am

OOC: Why are you sorry? ^^ No need to be sorry for that.

BIC: "Perhaps it's a hermaphrodite," she said, grinning. She loved building snowmen, and while of course hers looked like old mushrooms compared to those of the Khione kids (they made incredibly detailed ice and snow statues of Elsa, Anna, Olaf, Kristoff and Hans a couple of meters away), she was still very satisfied with the result. The goal was to have fun, right?

"We always make a good team, Mr Bond," she grinned, passing a hand through his hair. Even if she pretended to not like his long hair, she actually really did; it gave her an excuse to make him some tiny braids like Astrid did to Hiccup in How To Train Your Dragon 2 (a movie she was a huge fan of).
    She also loved the little lights he had put on his hair and clothes, it made him look like a Christmas tree.

"Do you wanna go for a small walk?" she asked, taking the lantern in her right hand.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 12/18/2014, 12:46 pm

I leaned down and kissed her cheek as I took the lantern from her hand. "Whatever you want, Princess. I'm content anywhere as long as you're with me. You make even Tartarus look like an appealing holiday resort"I grinned and winked at her. Yes, I was a fool, but what could I say? When it came to Jana Kay, my IQ was equal to zero.

I took her hand and laced her gloved fingers with mine, giving her hand a gentle sqeeze and slightly pulling her along as I started to walk away from Snowy the Hermaprhodite. The camp was always a nice place to live, but it was beautiful this time of the year. Every tree was Christmass-decorated and mistletoe branches were hang above each cabin door by the mischievous Hermes kids. From the Arts building's window you could see all the younglings of the camp, making Christmass crafts with the help of some Hestia kids who had created an entertainment programme just for them. Further down, at the frozen lake, you could spot Aphrodite kids checking their reflexions and about half of the Ares cabin making faces at the trapped water nymphs. The rest were pulling pranks on the poor ones that stepped a bit too close to the dark parts of the camp. The indoor cinema was full and there would soon be a Christmass concert at the Amphetheater. It was generally a pleasant holiday here, Christmass.

"Where would you like to go, my beautiful lady?"I asked cheerfully the girl walking right next to me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 6:42 pm