A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

4 posters

Olympus Trip [Romans]

mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state
    Number of posts : 8787
    Registration date : 2009-12-26

Olympus Trip [Romans] Empty Olympus Trip [Romans]

Post by mabel pines 12/21/2014, 11:20 am

[OLYMPUUUUUUUUS HORNS TOOTING ANGELS SINGING ALL THAT JAZZ. i have no idea how long this is supposed to go so FOR NOW WE'LL JUST SAY THROUGH THE 28TH. topic will be locked periodically so i can reply.]
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 23711
    Registration date : 2010-07-05

Olympus Trip [Romans] Empty Re: Olympus Trip [Romans]

Post by Shade 12/23/2014, 8:28 pm

The annual trip to Olympus for the Winter Solstice was something Romulus, like perhaps every Demi-God, looked forward to every year. It was one of their very few actual days off, where they could do what they please and those who still had parents that lived in New Rome got to not only see their Godly parents but their actual parents too. Romulus usually went with his mother and her class, he liked watching the little kids all flock to the Gods, but this year she decided she wasn’t going to volunteer to take the little ones on the trip. He assumed it had to do with the fact that she was currently seeing someone and did not want to see his father because of that, even though she hadn’t told him he had deduced it quite easily. Whatever the reason be however he was fine with it, he’d see her at Christmas.

Walking up the steps into the room where the Gods were currently he paused to take a look at the place. It never ceased to amaze him how grand and ‘out of this world’ Olympus was. Even for Gods it was as if each of them had a superiority complex that could swallow the entire solar system twice over. Chuckling at the thought the boy stepped forward following the crowd and made his way into the room. Only to feel a tad out of place, each and every God/Goddess was in their Roman aspect, naturally, and thus had an aura of superiority about them and dressed in what appeared to be their best clothing. While Romulus was wearing a simple pair of white Nike Shoes, didn’t want to upset Victoria, blue jeans and a red hoodie, hood down of course.

Usually it was quite easy for him to find his father, mainly because after making sure none of the children from the New Rome Elementary School tour group hurt themselves his mother would direct him to the exact place he was. This year, as aforementioned, he didn’t have his mother’s seemingly radar sense and thus would have to do with wandering around until he found Quirinus. Which, could take hours or only a few seconds if he was lucky.

((Whoo first Roman post xD))
    beanie
    beanie

Female
    Number of posts : 2047
    Registration date : 2013-12-21

Post by beanie 12/23/2014, 10:26 pm

dreams
    I walk a lonely road, The only one that I have ever known. Don't know where it goes, But it's home to me and I walk alone I walk this empty street On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams Where the city sleeps And I'm the only one and I walk alone

You can do this Jordan. This has been the girl's mental pep talk ever since she stepped foot off the elevator. The annual trip to Olympus was something that Jordan was supposed to love, being able to see her mother for once. Instead she was dreading every second. Her opinion on her mother, Vesta, was very limited to what the other demigods around her thought about her mother. She wasn't going into detail with that, the gods were here. Sadly she couldn't find anyone remotely close to her mother. She could notice Venus with her impeccable beauty and Jupiter with the presence of a ruler surrounding him. Jordan kept her distance.
    Some Victoria kids had rushed pass her, dressed up all fancy to impress their mother. Jordan kept it simple;  red and black flannel, black jeans, her famous combat boots, and a beanie, this one red. Her hair was long instead of short, the bleached streak visible. Not very fancy.

Still she couldn't find Vesta in the sea of gods and demigods and legacies. Jordan was actually starting to get a little dizzy in the crowd, her head whipping around in search of her mother.  

OOC: second roman woo hoo
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Post by Kendall 12/24/2014, 3:21 pm

shadeknight.miller wrote:The annual trip to Olympus for the Winter Solstice was something Romulus, like perhaps every Demi-God, looked forward to every year. It was one of their very few actual days off, where they could do what they please and those who still had parents that lived in New Rome got to not only see their Godly parents but their actual parents too. Romulus usually went with his mother and her class, he liked watching the little kids all flock to the Gods, but this year she decided she wasn’t going to volunteer to take the little ones on the trip. He assumed it had to do with the fact that she was currently seeing someone and did not want to see his father because of that, even though she hadn’t told him he had deduced it quite easily. Whatever the reason be however he was fine with it, he’d see her at Christmas.

Walking up the steps into the room where the Gods were currently he paused to take a look at the place. It never ceased to amaze him how grand and ‘out of this world’ Olympus was. Even for Gods it was as if each of them had a superiority complex that could swallow the entire solar system twice over. Chuckling at the thought the boy stepped forward following the crowd and made his way into the room. Only to feel a tad out of place, each and every God/Goddess was in their Roman aspect, naturally, and thus had an aura of superiority about them and dressed in what appeared to be their best clothing. While Romulus was wearing a simple pair of white Nike Shoes, didn’t want to upset Victoria, blue jeans and a red hoodie, hood down of course.

Usually it was quite easy for him to find his father, mainly because after making sure none of the children from the New Rome Elementary School tour group hurt themselves his mother would direct him to the exact place he was. This year, as aforementioned, he didn’t have his mother’s seemingly radar sense and thus would have to do with wandering around until he found Quirinus. Which, could take hours or only a few seconds if he was lucky.

((Whoo first Roman post xD))

The god Quirinus stood tall and proud near the back of the throne room, where the largest thrones -- for him, Jupiter, and the other major gods -- sat as symbols of their power over the rest of the Roman gods. He was dressed rather casually for the occasion -- or, at least, what he thought to be casual: a well-fitting black suit with a red tie, his sword hanging off his belt and shield leaning against his throne. He hadn't wanted to wear his armor today, for intimidating his children and the other demigods was... probably not the best thing to do.

Children were entering the room, many of them on the younger side, teenagers to little preschool-aged children; so often, the adult demigods had to remain in New Rome to take care of the camp and such, keep everything running smoothly. He could respect that.

The war god moistened his lips and sighed softly. He had so few children to expect -- maybe five at the most. He didn't remember having many, at least, but he could be wrong.

Quirinus, on a second glance through the crowds, noticed a tall boy making his way through the throngs of people -- aah, yes. There was one of them now. Was it... Romulus? Yes, that was his name. It would be hard for the boy not to notice his father: the god was alone in the front, almost seven feet tall and glowering at the crowds with his heavily scarred face and hands.

beanie wrote:
    dreams
    I walk a lonely road, The only one that I have ever known. Don't know where it goes, But it's home to me and I walk alone I walk this empty street On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams Where the city sleeps And I'm the only one and I walk alone

You can do this Jordan. This has been the girl's mental pep talk ever since she stepped foot off the elevator. The annual trip to Olympus was something that Jordan was supposed to love, being able to see her mother for once. Instead she was dreading every second. Her opinion on her mother, Vesta, was very limited to what the other demigods around her thought about her mother. She wasn't going into detail with that, the gods were here. Sadly she couldn't find anyone remotely close to her mother. She could notice Venus with her impeccable beauty and Jupiter with the presence of a ruler surrounding him. Jordan kept her distance.
    Some Victoria kids had rushed pass her, dressed up all fancy to impress their mother. Jordan kept it simple;  red and black flannel, black jeans, her famous combat boots, and a beanie, this one red. Her hair was long instead of short, the bleached streak visible. Not very fancy.

Still she couldn't find Vesta in the sea of gods and demigods and legacies. Jordan was actually starting to get a little dizzy in the crowd, her head whipping around in search of her mother.  

OOC: second roman woo hoo

Vesta was only a bit different from her Greek form -- a bit less friendly, perhaps, a bit more militaristic as all Romans were compared to their Greek halves, but....

The goddess, clad in a simple white dress that reached her ankles, sat in a large red armchair by the fireplace of the large Olympian throne room, watching the fire in the hearth burning and crackling. It was located in the middle of the left wall from the entrance, made of red brick and stretching high up into the ceiling, where presumably the smoke went out the chimney.

The warmth, despite the size of the fireplace -- rather small, in proportion to the room -- permeated through the room and gave off a sense of comfort, as one would feel sitting at home warm and cozy after a cold trek outside. It was all she could do to make the children feel as if they weren't at camp anymore; they were here to interact with their parents, not train as they had done back in Camp Jupiter. A kettle full of water was boiling over the flames, ready at any moment to be poured over some tea leaves.

Vesta turned her head to watch the entrance; children filed in, laughing and cheerful as they searched for their parents. Some were less difficult to find than others; for example, Mefitis was in the back of the room shoveling mints into her mouth, Somnus was on his throne taking a nap, and Venus was... well, sitting there amidst a crowd of admirers, her hair -- which had taken a wavy ginger color for Vesta -- braided but almost glowing from where the other goddess sat.

And then she spotted a familiar girl, wearing red flannel and a beanie. Oh, yes, Vesta knew all of her children well -- by name, by face. Family was her specialty, after all.

"Jordan?" the goddess called to her, leaning forward in her armchair. "Hello!"
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 23711
    Registration date : 2010-07-05

Post by Shade 12/24/2014, 3:46 pm

Romulus was lucky this year it seemed, it did not take him long to spot his father where he should be. Standing tall in front of the other Gods, besides Jupiter and Mars of course, looking very formal in his suit and tie. Grinning slightly the young man, in his mind, walked forwards through the crowd and made his way over towards his father. He knew not what he was going to say this year or whether or not Quirinus would ask why his mother was not with him but he did know the first thing he was going to do, bow and then salute the God like any good Roman approaching any God would do. When he was a couple of feet away from his father he knelt down right hand going across his body head looking straight forward. Down would be a sign that he had done something wrong or something that would displease the God, up was only if he was to be disrespectful, however straightforward meant he was doing so out of honor.

“Father, it is good to see you.” The legionnaire spoke feeling slightly out of place with his attire right now. It seemed going casual was not the way to go this year, and no one had told him. Well that and usually he had his mother or some other member of his Cohort to smack him upside the head, figuratively of course, to remind him to wear a suit of some sort when visiting on the solstice. Apparently it slipped his mind and he was stuck wearing his casual not on duty clothes.

((terrible post but..ehh wasn't sure what else to do.))
    beanie
    beanie

Female
    Number of posts : 2047
    Registration date : 2013-12-21

Post by beanie 12/24/2014, 5:57 pm

dreams

Voices filled her ears and Jordan almost felt like she was going deaf. Her ears were ringing and she almost didn't hear someone calling her name. The voice sounded so nice and motherly, she needed to find out who it was. It was hard to scurry past all these people, she even sucked in her gut to go past the war gods, but she managed to leave the circle of the demigods. There wasn't many people on the outside, except for the lady by the fireplace and other- ohhhhhh.

"Mom?" She questioned, taking a couple steps closer to the woman. Jordan wasn't paying that attention to the woman-er her mom-Jordan was looking at the fire. The heat radiating off made her feel so soft and content. It was like she was with her father in her old home. But she couldn't go back there. "Uh hi mom."

Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Post by Kendall 12/27/2014, 9:22 pm

[ooc: Oi, sorry for the late post, y'all. I was hanging with family Christmas and yesterday.]

Shade wrote:Romulus was lucky this year it seemed, it did not take him long to spot his father where he should be. Standing tall in front of the other Gods, besides Jupiter and Mars of course, looking very formal in his suit and tie. Grinning slightly the young man, in his mind, walked forwards through the crowd and made his way over towards his father. He knew not what he was going to say this year or whether or not Quirinus would ask why his mother was not with him but he did know the first thing he was going to do, bow and then salute the God like any good Roman approaching any God would do. When he was a couple of feet away from his father he knelt down right hand going across his body head looking straight forward. Down would be a sign that he had done something wrong or something that would displease the God, up was only if he was to be disrespectful, however straightforward meant he was doing so out of honor.

“Father, it is good to see you.” The legionnaire spoke feeling slightly out of place with his attire right now. It seemed going casual was not the way to go this year, and no one had told him. Well that and usually he had his mother or some other member of his Cohort to smack him upside the head, figuratively of course, to remind him to wear a suit of some sort when visiting on the solstice. Apparently it slipped his mind and he was stuck wearing his casual not on duty clothes.

((terrible post but..ehh wasn't sure what else to do.))

"Hello, Romulus." Quirinus nodded at him to stand, looking around suddenly -- didn't the boy usually have his mother with him? From what he remembered, at least. Perhaps she had stayed behind to watch after the city and camp; it wouldn't have been the first time. "How are you? I trust you've been training hard since I've last seen you." If what he could remember from one of Romulus's last visits was correct, then his son had certainly bulked up a bit more.

Aah, yes. The great war god, unable to communicate with his son. It was a sorrowful thing, how the gods rarely knew how to pursue a proper conversation with mortals. They had been caught up in immortal affairs -- feuds, magical items, heroes, and so on -- for so long, it was all they ever knew how to talk about. But Quirinus thought this was a decent start. He was just too out of practice, what with solstices only being twice a year and how few mortals he interacted with outside of Camp Jupiter.

beanie wrote:
    dreams

Voices filled her ears and Jordan almost felt like she was going deaf. Her ears were ringing and she almost didn't hear someone calling her name. The voice sounded so nice and motherly, she needed to find out who it was. It was hard to scurry past all these people, she even sucked in her gut to go past the war gods, but she managed to leave the circle of the demigods. There wasn't many people on the outside, except for the lady by the fireplace and other- ohhhhhh.

"Mom?" She questioned, taking a couple steps closer to the woman. Jordan wasn't paying that attention to the woman-er her mom-Jordan was looking at the fire. The heat radiating off made her feel so soft and content. It was like she was with her father in her old home. But she couldn't go back there. "Uh hi mom."  

"Hello, Jordan." Vesta leaned back in her chair and smiled warmly at her daughter. "Would you like some tea? The water is ready. Any specific teas -- or would you like hot chocolate instead?"

A brown satchel sat by the foot of her armchair, containing a plain tin of whatever substance Vesta wanted for her boiling water and several mugs of all colors, sizes, and materials, which she had collected over the years from her frequent travels. She adored mugs, for some reason; they were probably one of the largest indicators of home that were socially acceptable to bring around (rather than, say, bathrobes).

With a flick of her wrist, the kettle suddenly stopped boiling when the flames receded to a dull burn on the logs; the sound had gotten increasingly louder as the moments passed by. With another flick of her wrist, Vesta made a wicker chair appear across from her and motioned for Jordan to sit.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 4:47 am