A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Narcissus Bastion (DONEEEEE)

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

Narcissus Bastion (DONEEEEE) Empty Narcissus Bastion (DONEEEEE)

Post by Green 1/4/2015, 6:02 pm

Narcissus Bastion (DONEEEEE) Jordan_Nichols_WP_1Narcissus Bastion (DONEEEEE) Hqdefault
    Name: Narcissus "Greadly" Dash Bastion . Gorgeous name, I know. My dad only saw it fit to name me after someone just as beautiful as me. The only two nicknames that I'll accept are Prince Charming or Greadly. If you're wondering if I where the last nickname came from, then you're just gonna have to ask me yourself.
    Gender: I'm a complete and utter DUDE. Ya know that XY chromosome thing? Yeah that me. Oh and I'm pansexual, so look out dudes and ladies 'cause I'm on the loose.
    Mortal Parent: Killian Bastion is my amazing father. He gives me almost anything I ask for. Seriously though, my dad has always provided for me and my little half mortal sister, Gretchen.
    God Parent: Aphrodite, the goddess of love, beauty, passion. Things along those lines. This is where I get my looks from (If you hadn't noticed). Apparently Aprodite was doing a cover shoot for Vogue magazine and my father was on the set designers there. I believe it was love at first sight? Eh, I believe momma Aph set it all up to be honest. Speaking of mommy, wanna see what she looks like?
    Spoiler:

Date of Birth: Let's see...I was born on February 15, 1997 which makes me seventeen years of age. My dad keeps telling me that it was a chilly on that day. I guess I'll take his word for it.
    Place of Birth: Well Aphrodite gave birth to me on Mount Olympus, (nothing, but the best for her son,) and was sent to the  great state of Cali. Los Angeles to be exact. My father had an apartment in the city already set up for my first day view.
    Hometown/Last Residence: The last place I lived was in San Francisco. That was pretty nice, I guess. We lived near the beach so I always had something to do. We lived in a beautiful three bedroom apartment.
    Race/ethnicity: Eh, I believe I'm twenty percent French, fifty percent Greek, and thirty percent Russian. Wait, no! Thirty percent German. Sorry.  
    Accent: Accent? I sort of have a Californian accent.
    Skin Tone: My skin tone? Reminds me of a part tan. Only paling slightly turning the winter months.
    Eye Color: Seriously? Can you not see how beautiful my eyes are? They're like a perfect bluish green.
    Hair Color: Dirty blonde at the moment, however I might dye it a different color.
    Hair Length: I try to keep it no longer than where it touches my neck.
    Height: 6'0 Maybe
    Weight: I'm a healthy 167 lbs.
    Body Type: I'm pretty fit. Some muscle here and there.
    Appearance: My appearance you ask? Well I would say that I'm pretty hot and I'm not just saying that because I'm a bit conceited. I've been told that by a lot of people.  I look like a teen supermodel with my dirty blonde hair and blue green eyes. My tan skin tone adds to my attraction...along with my height. For some reason girls love a guy who's 6'0.

Weapon: Omg you're going to love this! See I have this celestial bronze mirror that doubles as a discus. All I have to do is throw it at my opponent, then BAM! off with your head, or whatever. And If I do happen to miss, the activated mirror with act like a boomerang and come right back to me. The discus is silver with a touch of pink around the edge of it.  I also have this comb that conceals a throwing dagger (also celestial bronze). See? I'm more than just a pretty face.
    Armor: I'm not really into wearing armor when I have to, but sense battles do come up, I decided just to wear the standard armor of camp.
    Pet(s): I currently have no pets...sad face. Although I always wanted a black poodle named "Passion". I can imagine the little thing now, running around, messing up my designer clothes or nibbling on my Michael Kors watch.
    Skills/Talents: I have several talents that I am very proud of. Since I've been at camp, I have been able to learn how to fight with a sword (even though I barely use it). I'm a pretty good dancer and can sing well.  I'm amazing at playing volleyball, leading my high school team to the state championship.
    Flaws: Flaws...let's see. I can be arrogant, thinking that I can get away with anything with a flip of my hair or a wink of an eye. I know I can probably work on that, but who cares. We all can't be perfect. I kinda have this little  disease that's caused Huntington's disease. Okay, well I guess it's not that little. The gene will activate when I turn forty-five and that'll when my health with greatly dwindle. Hopefully I'll be dead by then. I'm an attention hog which means that I love being the center of attention. When I'm not a major part of something, I start to feel a bit small and probably cause some sort of scene. What else...I can be blunt, which might lead people to think that I'm a mean type of guy, but its not true. I can be a bit ditsy especially around people that I actually have feelings for. My brain simply turns to mush and I can't form complete sentence. Like a good amount of humans on the planet, I have asthma. My asthma can be triggered by cold weather, pollen, dust, and too much aerobic exercise.
    Strengths:
    -My looks are obviously a strength right? I mean come on! Like literally, I can get away with almost anything.
    -I'm loyal to all of my friends, never putting them in harms way.
    -I've been told that I'm a good listener and that they can come to me for anything.

Weaknesses:
    - Hand-to-hand combat
    - Unable to stay with just one person
    - a gossiper

- Parties
    - Helping out in the infirmary
    - Matching making
    - Hot girls
    - Laid back guys

Dislikes:
    - Haters
    - Cockroaches
    - Narrowed minded people
    - Being by myself
    - pimples

Fears:
    - Living long enough to suffer from Huntington Disease
    - Fear of dying alone
    - Getting in a car accident and being maimed for life

Personality: As you can probably tell I'm the type of person who doesn't really care about what people think of me. If you don't like me, then don't like me. If you do, awesome; lemme get 'em digits. I care immensely for my fellow siblings. Always helping them out as much as I possibly can. I'm not always as bubbly when I'm alone. Sometimes I feel like I'm what I do isn't up to pare and for that, I overcompensate with pleasing others (to a certain extent of course).  But when I'm with others, that's win the fun begins. You'll either see me hanging out with my closet brothers and sisters or entertaining a group of friends. Rarely you would see me in the arena. I'm also quiet the flirt, not really caring about whether your a girl or not.

Powers: Now where getting to the good stuff! I believe the majority of my powers fall under the category of Amokinesis. Amokinesis is a power set that allows the user to have limited control over love and desire.

[center]Regard de l'amour: Love stare is this wonderful ability that if I stare at a person long enough, the opponent would be stunned with a strong attraction. This would either allow me to run or give a them a good one two. While you're stunned with desire, you can also be less likey to deny anything I ask of you. I can do this five times a day with an hour chill down. My opponent can easily resist this power by simply looking away. However the longer you look at me the harder it'll be to resist my good looks. I'll have to be at least six feet away from the person in order for me to work my magic.
    Colombe messagère: This next power is very helpful when I need to send love notes, invitations, or the occasional death threat. I can simply summon a dove to send out any information. I can do this three times a day with one dove per usage. I need a forty minute cool down in order for me to stay conscience. The dove will disappear after ten minutes. The dove came fly a maximum of 20. That's the radius
    Changement de tenue: As a son of Aphrodite, I can change my clothes in a pinch. I can do this three times a day and will need a three hour cool down. I can change five pieces of clothing at one time. (i.e. a shirt, pants, shoes, watch, and socks).

Social Status: I did I mention that I'm a social butterfly? People can't seem to get enough of me. Either it's because of my addicting personality or just my good looks. I guess you could say that I'm part of the 'In Crowd'. However, I don't think the Nemesis kids like me very much...oh well.
    Summer or Year Rounder: I'm a total summer camper. I'm way to busy at school and at the retail store that I work at to be able to come to camp turning the other three seasons of the year.
    Years at Camp: So far I've spent a three years at camp. Each summer that I return something always changes.
    Life Before Camp: I was birthed on Olympus by my beautiful mother, Aphrodite after  she had spent the past ten months with my loving father, Killian. Apparently sent me down in a basket decorated with white turtle doves and pink hearts to my father's apartment doorstep. Inside there was a note that  told my dad what to do when I turned thirteen. She also stated in the note that I might develop some type of abilities or powers that I might not understand. My father had already set up my nursery room where I would be sleeping in. He told me that the walls were a salmon pink color. Unfortunately my dad couldn't always stay with me so he had to hire a nanny to take care of me while he was away on business.  When I was old enough to start my schooling, I was enrolled in preschool. That's when the signs of being ADHD and dyslexic started to show. For some reason I would get my 'b's' and 'd's' mixed up, causing me to misspell words.
    After my good ole dad got a raise and promotion, our lives started to get better. He met a wonderful woman, named Jessica, who not only loved him, but also cared for me. After about a year and a half, they got married and had a baby girl. Everything was almost perfect for us until I started to noticed things. Like I remember one time when I was about eleven I saw this strange bird like thing looking down at me from a building that was across the street from where I was walking. I shrugged it off as a illusion and continued about my way. Soon it became more and more frequent until I finally told my dad what was happening to me. He finally gave me 'the talk' about being a demigod and told me that my mother was Aphrodite. At first I didn't believe him and stated that he was crazy. However I did secretly think that I was special, my friend Josh told me so. Speaking of Josh, when I turned thirteen, he told me that I was a demigod and I had to leave for camp before anything bad happened to me or my family. I didn't believe him until he showed me his legs and horns he had hidden from me. After about a week, I decided to go to camp, but only on one condition: That'll only go during the summer and not during the school year. Josh agreed and took me across the country to New York. Now this cross country trip was taken by car and took us about five days for us to get there. We some close calls, but we made it safely, now the party can really begin.

Role-playing Example: Narcissus was sitting on his bunk in the Aphrodite cabin looking at his hair in his mirror that he carried around in his back pocket. He was a bit surprised that it hadn't shattered every time he's sat down on it. Eh, must be magic. He had just finished playing volleyball with a few of his siblings along with a couple of Nike kids. They had decided to play on separate teams to see which one of them was better at the sport. Of course, Narcissus' team won, beating the opposite team 5-3. Now that he got some exercise, the son of Aphrodite can now focus on things more important...like his night out in New York. Narcissus had planned this for about half a month, taking care of all his duties as well as putting in extra time in the arena.  The first thing he needed to do is get out an outfit. Putting the mirror down on the bunk, Greadly got up and walked toward the full length mirror that was hanging up at the back of the cabin. He stood, there, looking at the clothes he had on now. He was wearing a pink polo shirt, a pair of white shorts and white vans at his feet. Kind of a basic, relaxed style for him. The demigod smoothed back his hair and looked at himself, twisting at the waist to look at his backside. "Let's shake this up shall we?" He said as he snapped his fingers. As soon as he did that, his pink top changed into a white, cashmere sweater. Perfect. He thought as himself as he snapped his fingers again, changing the shorts into a pair of black jeans that fit his gluts perfectly. Narcissus glanced down at his shoes, shrugging at them. "I guess they can stay..."

With that, he walked back over to his bunk and grabbed his Micheal Kors watch that his father gave him for his thirteenth birthday. It was gold with a white center where the clock hands lie. After he slid the watch on his wrist, he picked up his mirror and put it in his back pocket. Looking like a million bucks, Narcissus grabbed a white and gray scarf off of the hanging wrack and headed out of the beautiful cabin to venture out in the mortal world.

Notes:[/color]

Last edited by Green on 1/7/2015, 9:32 pm; edited 7 times in total
    Belle
    Belle

Female
    Number of posts : 1431
    Registration date : 2013-05-28

Narcissus Bastion (DONEEEEE) Empty Re: Narcissus Bastion (DONEEEEE)

Post by Belle 1/7/2015, 8:48 pm

Hey Green!

Narcissus looks good so far but there's a few things that could use some tweaking!

-You need one more flaw. A physical one. His genetic Huntington's disease doesn't come into play until he's older so isn't much of a physical flaw as of present.
    -In the life before camp, I think it'd be great if you could elaborate more on how they went across country to get to the camp. Like how long, did anything happen on the way and etc.

The powers:

Since you have a few I'll just state some questions for each ones and then if you want to keep all of them I'll suggest some limitations I'd highly suggest.

Regard de l'amour: For the staring into the eye thing, how far away/close does he need to be in order for this to work? How close does he need to be/what point does it go out of range?

Colombe messagère: What is the radius/distance the dove's can travel to send these messages?

Changement de tenue: I personally feel like I'd decline this power in general. It doesn't seem too realistic to me to be able to materialize clothing and put them on, and especially not for someone to see a small glimpse of skin. You may feel free to explain it and change my mind though. :)

Malédiction d'amour: I'd have to put the hammer down on this one. The idea itself would work, but Aphrodite is more about love and sexual desire and all that, I'm not sure she'd really appreciate her son making someone feel like they didn't have anyone who loved them. Also it's tampering with the mental state of someone's mind, and it just seems too controlling in my opinion. I'm sorry.

If you take the bottom two out and have the first two, I'd say just up the time on both cool down times by ten minutes and he can only use one or the other for the one day. For example he uses love stare one day, he can't use the dove the next day.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/7/2015, 9:17 pm

Hola, Bellie Belle!

I edited in the physical flaw, accent, and life before camp information. I also took out the Love Curse out completely and edited the dove power.

And with the wardrobe power, my reasoning for that was the fact that Aphrodite is the goddess of love, beautiful and all that hot stuff and that her children might have minor control over clothing. And the clothes that he is able to change into automatically are his so it isn't like he's stealing it from somewhere.

http://camphalfblood.wikia.com/wiki/Aphrodite%27s_Cabin <- Here's the link that helped me with the powers
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 1/7/2015, 9:25 pm

-You didn't update the cool down times. first one would be an hour and second one would be 40 minutes.

-The radius/length for the dove one needs to be reduced. I'd say max of 25 feet. 1 mile is like 5000 and something feet. (googled it.)

-Also you can keep the wardrobe one but just take the last sentence out " I also have control over clothing other people wear. " and reduce it to three times a day but with the same cool down is fine.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 1/7/2015, 9:29 pm

Edited!
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 1/7/2015, 9:30 pm

I said change the four times a day to three, not three pieces of clothing xD Once that's fixed he should be good.
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 1/7/2015, 9:33 pm

Narcissus Bastion is Approved!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/8/2024, 3:29 pm