A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

[BoO Spoilers!] Anything you can do, I can do better (Camp Half-Blood musical)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

[BoO Spoilers!] Anything you can do, I can do better (Camp Half-Blood musical) Empty [BoO Spoilers!] Anything you can do, I can do better (Camp Half-Blood musical)

Post by Morgan Landry 1/6/2015, 8:15 pm

OOC: Warning: Blood of Olympus spoilers!
    Song they're singing later on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0m27gs8-XY&feature=youtu.be&t=24s no copyright infringement intended, belongs to it's rightful owners.

After having gazed out of her window at the Colosseum ever since she was born, Tiberia found the Greek arena kind of ... eh. Of course, it was beautiful: built out of flawless white marble, with god statues in niches, supported by slim columns... Yet it lacked the breadth and magnificence of her dear Colosseum.
    The soldier of Rome marched into the sandy area, looking up at the circle of blue sky above her, rimmed by the arena's walls. She was dressed in a blue shirt, urban camouflage trousers and combat boots. Her black curls were gathered into a tight bun under her helmet; she was dressed in her imperial gold armor, her straight gladius at her side, her pugio horizontally in her back, her rectangular shield in her hand and her hasta in her other.
    She spotted wood and straw dummies, weapon lockers and a refreshment table.
    Refreshments could wait. First, she was going to train till her muscles burned up.

Grabbing her hasta, she focused on a dummy twenty metres across from her, took a short run-up and threw her spear at it with all her might. Hissing through the air, it caught the dummy in the throat. Turning around, she saw a kind of parkour thing: hurdles, barbed wire tunnels and net climbing. Guess that'd warm her up.
    She firmed up her hold on her shield and made a run for it.
    The hurdles were easy, she had done that all her life. Her extremely heavy equipment didn't bother her, it had also been part of her training. In fact, the plain action of carrying her armor was training in itself, no wonder she had bulges of muscles under her skin. Suddenly, a flash of blinding yellow came from the side and if not for her immediate reflex of bringing her shield in front of herself, she'd be roasted. Flame jets. This arena might not be that lame after all.
    Her foot got stuck in something in the middle of her run and she almost fell on her face. Tripwires, too? Damn, man, she better be extra careful.
    Tiberia then dropped down to crawl under the barbed wire, feeling it tug and scratch at her armor. She kept going though, dragging herself with the help of her free forearm, her vision narrowed down by her cheek plates. Then it was over and she tossed herself at the net, climbing it quickly and swiftly, dropping over its edge and landing on her feet. Another set of trip wires she eluded carefully, then another pair of spiked hurdles.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 1/21/2015, 10:29 pm; edited 5 times in total
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 23711
    Registration date : 2010-07-05

[BoO Spoilers!] Anything you can do, I can do better (Camp Half-Blood musical) Empty Re: [BoO Spoilers!] Anything you can do, I can do better (Camp Half-Blood musical)

Post by Shade 1/6/2015, 9:03 pm

Soaring through the air, barrel rolling over the last spiked hurdle and jumping up into the air in a spin, slashing the head off the straw dummy to end his run. The shirtless, shoeless, choppy brown haired son of Nike spun on his heels to face his audience of two or three people and gave a bow, sword hand of course being the one underneath his chest when he did. Checking his time he grinned Fifty seconds flat, it was his best time yet and he seemed to have past someone on his way through it, which always made him feel good. He never started the course on his own or if someone else wasn’t already doing it because he loved the competition, the excitement, and the adrenaline you get when you go through the thing and push yourself to do it faster than someone else.

Turning around to cheer said person on he noticed that they, no she, was just finishing up as well. Sheathing his sword he picked up a towel to wipe the sweat off his forehead and the rest of his face before walking over to the girl he stuck out his hand, talking before thinking once again. “Hey nice run there, thought you had me at the end for a second. What was your best time, was it your be-HEY!” He of course just noticed who it was he was talking to and the ever shirtless son of Nike could only grin as he put his hand down, no need to introduce himself again to her. “Aqualady! What are you doing here? Oh jeez it’s great to see you. Well you probably aren’t happy to see me at all for whatever reason but the sentiment and statement still stand. Or rather they don’t stand because they’re just words but I mean you get what I’m saying right?”

Course she did, she was smart, no need to over explain himself and hey look she has a sword and a shield and a spear. He has a sword and a dagger, well dagger on his ankle sheath because he doesn’t need to duel wield right now. Grinning he pointed over at some of the open area where one could spar “Hey so you Romans use sparing and fighting as respect and ways to get to know someone or something and we totally got off on the wrong foot. Wana go a few rounds? Think you could take me?” Whether or not she said sure he was already making his way, walking backwards over to the pointed to area and spinning his sword with a big grin on his face. This was going to be fun…and he had no idea just how ‘fun’ it was about to get.

((The singing can start my next post. ))

Last edited by Shade on 1/7/2015, 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

[BoO Spoilers!] Anything you can do, I can do better (Camp Half-Blood musical) Empty Re: [BoO Spoilers!] Anything you can do, I can do better (Camp Half-Blood musical)

Post by Morgan Landry 1/6/2015, 9:40 pm

Just as she was jumping over the last spiked hurdle, gutting a dummy with a horizontal slice of her sword -- nice Roman slicing movement, thank you very much -- a guy jumped in front of her. Shirtless, barefeeted, he was definitely not Roman. No legionnaire in their right mind would show up like that for training, how was Camp Half-Blood so lax? No discipline, nothing. No wonder the New Romans almost kicked their butts.
    It angered her that he got in front of her at the last second -- on the other hand he was only dressed in a pair of trousers whilst she was carrying the full Roman armor.
    Still, it wasn't an excuse. She had to be better than the others, no matter what. Training grounds and battlefields weren't places to make excuses, only one rule applied here: drive yourself to your very limits. Aut vincere aut mori. Conquer or die.

But then the guy started talking to her and she realized it was Darren.
    Well wasn't this just her luck.
    Aaaand there he went again, talking talking talking.

"Dude do you even breathe?" she asked as he eventually finished. Of course she was gonna take him. Now was the time to finally fight this guy who had gotten on her nerves before they had even started talking and kick him into the dirt. She knew he had won his games single-handedly, against Keenan, the son of Venus, and a huge, bulky Greek girl with Schwarzenegger's muscles. So what? She had been fighting gladiator games ever since she joined the Legion, and before that she had had combat lessons every day with her father. She briefly had a soft memory of her playing gladiators with her brothers in the atrium of their villa in New Rome, when they were kids. Good times.

Darren was walking backwards to the middle of the arena, clearly inviting her to tag along. If he thought he was fighting someone like Keenan, he was wrong. She had learned the importance of proving herself to others from a young age -- in New Rome, kids like Cole, Decimus and her were always jibed because they were descendants of Pluto or Neptune. In those cases, you had to make your place pretty quickly and stand your ground. And that was exactly what Tiberia was gonna do now. Pulling down the imperial gold visor of her helmet, she drew her gladius and analyzed her surroundings with a tactical gaze. The sand. The angle of the sun above. All these basic things.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 1/20/2015, 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 1/7/2015, 4:49 pm

He could see it in her eyes, the way she moved, and in the way she carried herself over to where he was. She was skilled, tactical, and seemingly looking for ways to end him as quick as she could. That was the problem with the Romans or really anyone in his opinion. All your training, tactics, plans, and assumptions would only get you so far in a battle or fight. What truly led you to victory was how you acted, reacted; in the heat of battle no matter how skilled or thought out your plans were if you yourself weren’t able to keep up with, move quicker than your opponent , and think on your feet you were sure to lose. Darren was more skilled than most people cared to admit, but that wasn’t what he relied on. He relied on the fact that his opponents would underestimate him because of how silly or immature he seemed.

Jumping up and down he spun his sword before moving to the balls of his feet, watching her every move. He loved this, the start of the fight. Opponents analyzing each other, it always gave him the chance to strike and confuse his opponent. To never allow them the upper hand, and not give them the chance to analyze him any further than he wanted them to. Which is why as soon as she looked to be ready his right hand flew out, sword coming across body with it. He was telegraphing it, letting her see that the sword was flying across the air aimed for her side, before it moved at the last second. His wrist twisted and the sword slashed diagonally upwards and to the left, getting in close aiming to cut across her midsection.

He wasn’t sure how she’d react to that, and he wasn’t quite certain that it would matter because he had a feeling she’d be able to block it. Parry it, or simply let it miss her altogether, that’s what made the fight fun. Knowing you had found someone almost, just as, or even more skilled than you were. “You ready to rock and roll?” He sang out blinking as he himself backed up, his body moving still in the motion he would if he was fighting fluid and strong, but it felt different. As if it was partly not in his control, not his usual movements. As if it was an act.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/7/2015, 7:30 pm

"You bet, you're already a dead soul," Tiberia sang in a major key melody. Her legs had started moving without her command, doing an entrechat with her combat boots.

Quod... the fck. And there she was, glancing off Darren's blade with her shield in a long graceful movement like a ballerina -- the granddaughter of Neptune felt a bit of warmth tint her caramel cheekbones with red. This was embarrassing. Why couldn't she control herself? What was happening?

"Is this some kind of Greek joke?" she sang again, her voice going crescendo as she pirouetted around.
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 1/7/2015, 9:08 pm

Darren wanted to laugh, he wanted to grin, he wanted to cackle head over heels at what he had just witnessed. Yet, he didn’t instead he only sang out “A joke? You think this is one of ouuurs?” The beat and range at which his voice was sing the words to sounding eerily familiar to Uptown Girl by Billy Joel. Moonwalking to the side he spun his sword and put it in its sheath flipping his foot up and clapping his hand to catch his dagger. Clapping his hands once more than again his flipped the dagger up and into a ready position. “How about a new set of rules.” Sang the boy, it seemed he was stuck on Billy Joel for this section of the duel…or duet.

His body moved on its own, as if it had a mind of its own moving from one place to the other. Jumping or springing here and there, a twirl there to end it before giving a half bow standing behind Tiberia now. They weren’t about to go singing about stuff that actually mattered now where they? Because he wasn’t quite sure what would come out of his mouth if they did, more so than usual if he was being honest. Not like he knew what was going through his mind half of the time anyway, but now it seemed as if they were singing and dancing and fighting, sort of, all in one. Who knew they might end up reciting some fight song or the steps to a fight scene from Mulan while singing about another song from another Disney movie.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/8/2015, 4:06 pm

"What new set of ruuuules?" Tiberia chanted on the same melody as Darren.

She didn't like new rules -- the current rules were just fine, in New Rome. Any infringement made her grit her teeth. She had started dancing around the arena with poise and elegance, a real miracle seeing how heavy her armor was, her moves matching Darren's. Was this some kind of duet?
    If hara-kiri were a Roman practice, she'd do it right away.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 1/12/2015, 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 1/11/2015, 12:24 pm

Darren was going to answer her, he swears up and down he was. It just felt like as soon as he went to open his voice he had no control over it. Instead he walked up to her in some weird sort of fashion, his armor, hood up and all, having somehow appeared on him as music started to play that only the two of them could hear. When he got close to her, about a swords length a way, he started to circle her as if he was waiting for her to circle him as well, it almost looked like something you’d see two boxers do before they started to dish it out. Before of course they both stopped after a little bit and Darren struck a pose, hands clenched in fists and on his hips head held up high and nose pointed into the air.

“Anything you can do, I can do better” He sung out pointing at himself before dropping his hand, his mind simply wondering what the hell was going on but he had no chance to wonder as he sung out his next line.“I can do anything better than you.” Pointing at her quickly before his arm dropped back down by his side. This was certainly turning out to be one weird day. It was as if whatever song was going on had him hooked.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/12/2015, 12:54 pm

"No you can't," Tiberia said with determination, almost mockery.

Yeah, like swimming for example. Also, fighting with tactics, most probably. And so much more.

OOC: Sorry for the short post

Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 1/13/2015, 3:34 pm

Darren almost laughed and if not for the fact that they were singing and he most certainly had no control over what his body was doing. Instead he sung out his next lyric “Yes I can.” It went back and forth like this for a minute or two each of them throwing in either yes I can, in his case, or No you can’t, from Tiberia all of it of course rhyming and lyrically matched. Until the music started to rise up higher, Darren placing his hands upon his hips striking a sort of ‘super hero’ pose finished the section. “Yes I can, Yes I can!” He was thoroughly confused by this point, but hey at least he wasn’t lying. He could totally take anyone.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/13/2015, 4:08 pm

Haha, as if.

Tiberia didn't know why but she had taken a Superman stance, almost feeling the cloak blowing in the wind and the tiny red bikini bottom on her armor. Okay... why was that? She hated Superman's guts. He was an overpowered little Gary Stu, the villains were much better if you asked her, and whoever was responsible for this sudden musical was going to have to get new teeth once Tiberia was through with them. And probably a new jaw too. And new cervicals. You get the picture.

"I can melt a glacier, with my optic lasers," she sang back at him.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 1/20/2015, 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 1/13/2015, 4:58 pm

It clicked, sure it took him longer than he’d like to admit but it finally clicked on who they were portraying when she mentioned her optic lasers. He wasn’t sure who or what was compelling them to do this, but my god he loved it. The symbolism was nearly perfect, he the master fighter with no powers who always seems to come out on top and her the powerful individual who graces the mortals with her very presence. Wait what. Where in the world did that come from? Darren had little time to think on the matter as his hand was already pulling out his dagger and holding it in the air. “I can beat a whole gang with a single batarang.” He sang out in reply. It was hard to look at but his dagger didn’t exactly look normal, he couldn’t look at it straight and to him actually looked like a batarang.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/13/2015, 5:04 pm

"Guns have no effect on me!" She replied, shuffling forward to stand right in front of Darren.

Ew closeness. She didn't like being close to people she didn't like. Except if it was for punching them. She tried to slam her fist across Darren's face -- because after all, they had come her to fight -- but her hand wouldn't move from her hip.
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 1/13/2015, 5:15 pm

Darren grinned looking at her, actually looking straight into her eyes because they were nearly the same height. However thanks to his hood you couldn’t exactly see what was going on and if it wasn’t for the music that was somehow playing, or the song, he had a feeling he’d be in la la land right about now. “Is that right?” Grinning he waited for her to answer before replying out in song once more. “Kryptonite.” His arm swung up in the air, as if moving a camp, and he turned around walking/dancing a few feet away the music that was playing was actually starting to be a little bit catchy.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/13/2015, 6:29 pm

Yeah, Kryptonite indeed. She wanted to hiss in annoyance but of course she couldn't do that. All she could do was keep singing.

"Any foe you can beat, I can beat faster!"
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 1/13/2015, 7:59 pm

Darren laughed backhanding the crap out of some random monster looking guy that seemingly came out of nowhere. “I can beat any foe faster than you.” He sang out as once more then slew of no you cant’s and yes I can came from the two only this time it seemed every time Darren went to answer her in his part of the song he had to beat up some sort of monster and or common crook that came and went with the lyrics. However as it was Darren it was done in his own showy way of doing things, including flips and what not. “Yes I caaaan!” He sang out the song sliding on down off once more to Tiberia’s part. Definitely the strangest sparing Darren had ever been in.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/13/2015, 8:01 pm

"Wow Batman, you really can drop those villains!" she said, and tried to punch herself in the face.

Rule number one of being Roman: never underestimate your enemy, but never let them know that. She wasn't here to compliment Darren, she was here to fight him. And win. Because there was no way in Pluto she'd lose this fight.
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 1/13/2015, 8:27 pm

“Thanks Supes!” Darren grinned wanting to laugh but the song wouldn’t let him! It wouldn’t let him do anything he wanted. “Now watch me drop the beat.” His voice having gotten deeper, and ‘darker’ at this point and as soon as he said it he flung his hand in the air as if he had a cape once more, dropping something onto the ground. Smoke rose up from around them and the next thing Darren knew they were in some sort of cave and he had headphones on and was doing something with a computer, and it was making the music sound amazing, as if it was Dubstep or something like that.

He stayed like this for a few seconds before taking of the head phones and dropping them on the ground hitting his chest with both hands. “I’m a Billionare.” No I’m not he thought to himself still singing “I Live large when I’m disguisin’!” Pointing at her he continued, wondering how the glasses got on her face, did she look good in gla-hey! Song time “Cover of Forbes, you’re just a Ray Ban advertisement! You got super strength, super speed, but you have limits.” Pointing his finger up as if he had come to some sort of point, this was a weird dance. “You’re slaving away nine to five in a dying buisness.”
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/13/2015, 8:42 pm

Suddenly they appeared in what seemed like a hypogeum, Greek style. It was pretty dark in here except for some lights here and there, and for the computer Darren had -- wait what?
    How did they get here? How was this happening? Why was this happening? ...When would this joke finally end?
    Well certainly not now. Dubstep erupted and Tiberia grinned for the first time ever since she had entered the arena. At least this included dubstep.
    Darren started singing to it and the lyrics were so perfect she totally sided with Batman on that, even though he was opposing her right now. At one point Ray-Ban glasses appeared on her nose only to poof away when she took them off, just to underline Darren's verse.

"Bruce Wayne is your alter," she replied when it was her turn. "A bit heavy on the ego.
    You probably still have Alfred wipe your ass as far as we know.
    Take a tidbit from your nemesis, and learn to take a joke --" She suddenly appeared right in front of Darren again.
    "I'd still be a superhero (she grabbed the neckline of his shirt, looking into his eyes with a mocking grin) even if I were broke."

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 2/4/2015, 7:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 1/13/2015, 8:55 pm

As soon as she grabbed him by the collar of his armor they were flying through the air, like what the hell this was a weird thing. Next thing he knew though he was dropped on the ground and quickly got up, ignoring the fact that they were in the forest or so it seemed but it was covered in ice and snow. “Between phone booths and newspapers your whole shtick is irrelevant!” Hand held up in the air into a fist, a green ring now on it…what the hell?! “Your entire day is ruined by a sparkly green element! You’ve got all these random powers but I don’t see you using ‘em.” Here the ring was gone and he was holding up his hands as if in a questioning manor before continuing on with his song. “They call you the Aqualady” He grinned, did he just throw in his own verse!? He thinks so! “But I’m gonna crush you like aluminum!” Okay so that didn’t work as well, but hey he didn’t right this thing.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/13/2015, 9:02 pm

"I'm faster than a bullet, have more power than a train
    Fly first class all the time, and I don't need a plane," she grinned, cocking one eyebrow.

Actually, she really disliked flying and avoided airplanes at every occasion. Thanks Gramps.

"You got all these shiny gadgets but they won't save you this time
    That fancy belt has everything, except a solid punchline."

Next thing she knew she was flying through the air and hit the sand of the arena with her face. Spitting out the ochre grains, she rolled on her back to stand up.
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 1/13/2015, 9:12 pm

These were actually some pretty cool beats and rhymes they started dropping. Her lyrics were all actually probably true and before he knew it he had picked up his dagger that suspiciously looked like a batarang again and flung it at her. Jeez, she was the one who wanted to do all the fighting, and here he was throwing a da-batrang at her. She went flying off and he ran after her only to find himself back in the arena, confused as all get out but apparently he wasn’t supposed to be confused because he swung right into the next verse standing right over the top of her and looking down at her. “I drop the beat harder than these worthless Gotham criminals with onomatopoeia so the pain ain’t subliminal!” Cue hand motions and backing up as she stood back up.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/13/2015, 9:19 pm

Tiberia stood up, not even taking the time to dust the sand off her clothes and armor.

"When you get dressed to fight crime, how many hours does that take?
    Black tights, pointy ears, you're Catwoman with a cape!
    You think you're all mighty, as if you can send everyone to their death
    Why don't you try to win the competition of the guy who longest held his breath?"

The last two verses were her own -- surprisingly. Not that it came off as a surprise, she had always been pretty clear on her opinion on Darren.
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 1/13/2015, 9:39 pm

Darren wanted to laugh, the line was funny if one thought about it Batman really was Catwoman with a cape, and a few extra stuff but still! His face was all scrunched up and mad looking, when he was honestly enjoying himself and wait hold up. Those last couple of lines were about himself! This was not how things were supposed to be. “At least I don’t have a stick up my butt, why don’t you go have some fun for once, and hey woa this doesn’t rhyme!” He sung out his body moving closer to his, their faces inches apart as if they were about to yell, or rather sing, one worded insults at each other before being forcibly ripped apart to finish the song. Or make out, those two seemed the only logical explanations of how this illogical thing could end.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 1/13/2015, 9:49 pm

Tiberia slapped the sand off her imperial gold armor, wishing she could draw her gladius as Darren and her were centimeters apart, their noses almost touching.

"Don't worry I know how to have fun, just not like you do,
    You just sit around on your precious ass like your whole Greek crew
    You think you're so fancy being shirtless all the time
    You're nothing but a talking fish bone, and you're still in your prime!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 7:51 am