A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Melanie Alder, Daughter of Ares (EDIT #2)

WeepingAngel
    WeepingAngel

Female
    Number of posts : 5
    Registration date : 2015-01-28

Melanie Alder, Daughter of Ares (EDIT #2) Empty Melanie Alder, Daughter of Ares (EDIT #2)

Post by WeepingAngel 1/28/2015, 8:44 pm

Name:Melanie Irene Alder
    Eyes:Green
    Hair:Light brown
    Height:5'3"
    Body Type: Short, curvy
    Skin Color:pale white
    God Parent:Ares
    Mortal Parent: Rose Alder
    Country of Origin:England
    Pets:German Shepard named Titan
    Talents: Sword fighting, archery
    Weapon**:Celestial Bronze sword
    Personality:Loyal, surprisingly friendly for a child of Ares, sarcastic. She often comes off as someone who's cold and unforgiving, but once you speak to her, she'll open up quickly. She battles fiercely, and prefers to be a leader over a follower. Melanie never gives up on her friends, and never quits in battle. She also dreams of one day becoming a Hunter of Artemis, but she wants to continue training before seeking them out. She also has trouble facing the reality of a situation, like fighting a battle she knows she's going to lose.
    Flaws:Naive, Hot-headed, Perfectionist, she does have a slight height disadvantage
    Abilities (must relate to god parent; optional):
    Powers (must relate to god parent; optional): Can summon double her strength in combat (Say she can bench press about 90 pounds without. It would double to 180), but using it for over ten minutes makes her exhausted, and must rest after using it for triple the time she used it. (Ex. Used her strength for 5 mins, needs rest for 15 mins to fully replenish) The longer she uses it, the more tired she gets, and if she exceeds ten minutes, she has five minutes before she inevitably collapses from exhaustion, which is to say, she has five minutes to get somewhere safe before she passes out for about five minutes. She can only use it twice, the second time making her pass out the second she stops. She'll need to rest for about ten minutes, and is noticeably weaker for the next hour.
    Life Before Camp*:Melanie was kicked out of several schools for occasional violent behavior. She even once had hospitalized a kid once with a concussion and a broken arm. After the fifth incident, her mother explained to Melanie that she was actually the daughter of Ares. She told Melanie about a camp Ares had mentioned in New York called Camp Half-Blood. She sent her there over the summer, and Melanie stayed there year-round, because she was just too unpredictable at times to live amongst mortals. Ares has yet to visit Melanie in any form, other than when he officially claimed her at Camp. She wonders about him, because all of her siblings have met Ares at some point, either a dream or in person. She feels like a disappointment to her father, and this motivates her to be fierce in battle.
    RP Example*: I threw up my hands in frustration. I had tried everything, but I was just wasn't going to beat him. He was taller, stronger, and faster. I was going to get shown up by some unclaimed twelve-year old. Ugh. Why me?
    Any notes about your characters: Loves books, particularly sci-fi novels and comic books. She's slightly geeky, thanks to her mother.

Last edited by WeepingAngel on 1/30/2015, 6:12 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : More Content)
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Melanie Alder, Daughter of Ares (EDIT #2) Empty Re: Melanie Alder, Daughter of Ares (EDIT #2)

Post by Kendall 1/28/2015, 8:47 pm

Add more to the personality -- it should be at least two lines long.

Add two more flaws.

For her ability, is she naturally strong or does she have some sort of temporary strength boost she can activate?

Life Before Camp should be at least five sentences long. Also, please add how/who got her to camp.

RP Example should also be five sentences long. It's like writing a little story from your character's point of view, describing thoughts, actions, and dialogue. Example:
    I kicked the bucket. It rolled down the hill. I went to pick it up because I felt bad for littering.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Melanie Alder, Daughter of Ares (EDIT #2) Empty Re: Melanie Alder, Daughter of Ares (EDIT #2)

Post by Kendall 1/28/2015, 9:38 pm

When you edit, please post that you have done so in this topic or an approver will not know it is ready to be rechecked.

Otherwise:

Add more to the personality.

Powers:
    - The strength boost belongs under powers; it takes energy to use and thus it is not considered an ability.
    - How many times a day can she use this power?
    - For how long each time?
    - How much strength does she get? (Ex: doubles her strength)

Who told her mother about camp's location? Ares? A satyr?

Why does she heal a bit faster than normal?
    WeepingAngel
    WeepingAngel

Female

Post by WeepingAngel 1/28/2015, 10:08 pm

Edited.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 1/28/2015, 10:17 pm

Powers:
    - For reference, how strong is she without the boost?
    - Lower the maximum time limit for the boost to 10 minutes or under.
    - You also need a cap on how many times a day she can use it.
    - I'm gonna say no to her wounds healing twice as fast -- if she were a child of a healing god, sure.

WeepingAngel
    WeepingAngel

Female

Post by WeepingAngel 1/28/2015, 10:27 pm

Edited
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 1/29/2015, 7:48 pm

Increase the resting period after using her power (to, say, at least three times more than the time period she used it for) and then I can approve this.
    WeepingAngel
    WeepingAngel

Female

Post by WeepingAngel 1/30/2015, 6:12 pm

Edited
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 1/30/2015, 6:23 pm

Approved.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 4:23 am