A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

[Blood of Olympus spoilers!] So we beat on (private for Manda, Shade and myself)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

[Blood of Olympus spoilers!] So we beat on (private for Manda, Shade and myself) Empty [Blood of Olympus spoilers!] So we beat on (private for Manda, Shade and myself)

Post by Morgan Landry 2/7/2015, 12:53 pm

OOC: Warning, Blood of Olympus spoilers!

BIC: Loyal to her promise, Tiberia had come all the way from Camp Jupiter to the Valentine's dance with Leandra, the daughter of Angerona. Tiberia was dressed in an amber-colored flapper dress softly draped to one hip, cut above the knee and sequined in an art deco pattern. It's large V-shaped cleavage in the back showed the angles of her shoulder blades and the line of her spine. Gatsby-style.
    Her dark curls were swept to the side and held up with a comb, the golden chains curving over her hairdo to reach her ear. As for the make-up she had preferred not to go full 20s, instead just sporting some eyeliner, discrete eyeshadow and a deep red lipstick that gave her a matte, cherry-colored mouth.
    The dance area was nicely decorated though: black and golden art deco patterns, garlands, streamers, glitter backdrops... Old-fashioned globes were placed around the perimeter, casting warm and cozy llights Shimmering fabrics hung around the columns. As usual, there was the spacey mosaic-set dance floor, the large buffet and the tables, this time decorated with ostrich feathers or fresh white flowers in dollar vases, contrary to the black candles and jack-o-lanterns they had used for Halloween. But because this was a Valentine's dance, the Demeter and Ceres kids had teamed up to make rose and laurel bushes grow into something like a small labyrinth set with benches on which couples could settle down and do couple things like holding hands, making out or looking at the starry sky.

"I must say, these dances here are not as bad as I thought they'd be," Tiberia told Leandra, still taking in the scenery.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 5/20/2018, 5:59 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female
    Number of posts : 2302
    Registration date : 2014-12-31

[Blood of Olympus spoilers!] So we beat on (private for Manda, Shade and myself) Empty Re: [Blood of Olympus spoilers!] So we beat on (private for Manda, Shade and myself)

Post by Kwacken 2/7/2015, 6:26 pm

Leandra looked at the rosy scene, raising an eyebrow at it. "They do go all out, don't they? I'm not sure I've ever seen anything like it before." She said, adjusting her dress a little. She was wearing a flapper dress as well, but this was bright red and contrasted with her darker skin tones. Her shoulders were showing with only thick straps, but she had a white boa that helped cover and keep her modest. Her make-up had lipstick of the same shade of red, but very little else. She didn't really do much make-up and it made her feel unnatural. Her dark curly hair was held back with a bright glittery headband with a broach on it. It made her look good, but she felt a little uncomfortable with it all.
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 23711
    Registration date : 2010-07-05

[Blood of Olympus spoilers!] So we beat on (private for Manda, Shade and myself) Empty Re: [Blood of Olympus spoilers!] So we beat on (private for Manda, Shade and myself)

Post by Shade 2/7/2015, 6:51 pm

Dances, they weren’t exactly something the son of Nike was used to but after sticking around Camp Half-Blood for two years he learned to appreciate them. Mainly because the camp seemed to have a dance for literally every occasion, it was a worse obsession than ABC and Harry Potter. He and a couple other campers figured than Mr. D or Chiron had lost a bet to the muses or Apollo some time ago and thus for every occasion they had to put on a dance at the camp for some reason; not that anyone really minded and to not make it boring they were always reinventing what happened at the dances and the themes as well. This year’s Valentines dance for instance was actually a theme Darren could get behind. The Roaring Twenties, or Gatsby and the Mafia as he liked to call it.

Looking at himself in the mirror he grinned fixing the last little bit of his clothing for the night. That’s right ladies and gentlemen the boy blunder knew how to dress up and he looked hella fine. Leaving the Nike Cabin, having already made sure that the rest of his siblings were accounted for, he made his way to the Mess Hall where the Dance, like always, was being held. It didn’t take him long and when he walked in he’d be lying if he said he didn’t get a couple of looks from people but being the oblivious idiot he is of course he didn’t notice them. But who wouldn’t notice him? He was wearing a slick black tux with golden cufflinks with his mother’s symbol on them, and a silver dress shirt underneath the black jacket. Atop his clean cut and styled hair was an all black fedora.

A grin upon his face as he took the time to look around the room, taking in all the sights. The music was amazing, the decorations were super, and everyone looked stylish. He didn’t usually actually show up to these things, but he was sort of glad he decided to come to this one. It was time to have some fun.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/8/2015, 8:29 am

Girls walked past them, glittering in their colorful get-ups, accompanied by guys in three pieced tuxedos, striped jackets, low-cut vests sporting canes, canotier hats and bowties. Tiberia really felt like in The Great Gatsby, with all the de-- ....gods, no. At ten o'clock from where the two girls were standing, a guy in his late teens appeared from amidst the crowd, wearing a black-and-silver tux and a fedora. It was unusual to see the Australian with a shirt but Tiberia had no problem recognizing him. It's not that Tiberia absolutely hated him, no, it's just that he had a tendency of annoying the living Pluto out of her. Sure he was a great fighter and she had appreciated sparring against him (after the, cough, song battle or whatever had taken place back then), but he was immature and irritating. Turning away, she looked at Leandra.

"Up for a drink?"

Casually taking her arm, she walked over to the bar/buffet in her amber ankle-strap high heels and examined the different dishes. There were finger foods that could fit on a cocktail plate but still looked divine -- crudités with dips, stuffed mushrooms, olives, salmon mousse on bread slices, spiced hams glazed with orange juice, golden-roasted turkey dices....  Decorative baskets filled with oranges and lemons stood between the platters. Further to the right, a self-serve sweets table offered cupcakes, whipped desserts, macaroons and the like, arranged on glass trays and pyramids, and Tiberia had to hold back from taking a macaroon. They were among her very favorite cakes and she had to be careful not to eat too much. Turning away from the deliciously colorful temptations, she asked one of the bar people for a small cup of champagne, which he handed to her in a wide-brimmed glass, decorated with a single blackberry and rimmed with golden sugar....wow. Not even the aurai in Camp Jupiter could pull off something like that, and the gods knew how fabulous the New Roman gastronomy was.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 5/20/2018, 6:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 2/8/2015, 5:17 pm

Leandra nodded when Tib mentioned getting drinks. She noticed the food, a lot of it she had no idea what it was. Some things far too fancy for her tastes, others were very easy to identify, mainly the sweets. She raised an eyebrow a little when Tibia asked for champagne. "I'll just have a ginger ale, please."

The ginger ale was presented very similarly, but with a cherry garnish instead of blackberry. Leandra thanked the server, then turned around. "A little disturbing, free flow alcohol at a dance with teenagers who all know how to use weapons. Let's hope the Greeks don't overdo it." She said, sipping her ginger ale. She hadn't developed much of a taste for any alcohols yet, the occasional cocktail or some dessert wines, but she was still young. Tonight, though, at a Greek camp, she wasn't going to imbibe libations at all. Not enough trust of the Greeks for that.
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 2/10/2015, 4:48 pm

Darren wasn’t the smartest man in the world, in fact he wasn’t even the smartest man in the room but when it came to knowing what it was he wanted he was pretty high on the list. Okay being honest he was actually probably pretty low on that level as well but that didn’t matter to him because at that point in time he knew exactly what he wanted and what he wanted was food. Food that could only be found at the food table which was currently on the other side of the Dance [s]Mess[/s] Hall. Holding his hat on his head to make sure it stayed on the son of Nike started to make his way over towards the table only to get caught in a crowd halfway through.

Laughing he kneeled down and propelled himself over the people, moving, swaying, swishing and moving until finally he made his way to the table. Once there everything else just sort of became non-existent grabbing a finger sandwich eating it up and moving on to the other smaller foods where he found what appeared to be sweets. Grabbing the biggest marshmallow he could find out of the pile of really big marshmallows he stuffed it in his mouth before grabbing one more and making his way over to the counter where the drinks are. There he stood tapping his feet impatiently waiting for the two girls in front of him to finish with whatever it was they were doing. Until of course he noticed who one of them was, or at least he thought he noticed who one of them was. “Aqualady!” He said in muffled in a marhmallowed voice.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 2/10/2015, 5:11 pm

If it hadn't been for the fact that the guy had a mouth full of...something, making him look like a grutesque tuxedoed chipmunk, he would have actually been handsome. Not as handsome as Romulus, but not bad. Leandra knew in her gut who this was though. "Hey, Tibby, what was the name of that Graecus you were talking about? You know, the one you said you wanted t-OW!" A searing pain went through her foot as Tiberia slammed her foot on top of Leandra's. Through the pain, Leandra couldn't help but laugh. Oh gods. It was him.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/10/2015, 6:37 pm

"Darren, what a surprise to see you here," Tiberia sarcastically said after having skewered Leandra's foot with her heel.

She took another sip of her champagne and turned away so he could take a drink. The fruity wine let a string of golden bubbles tickle her mouth, the golden sugar melting between her lips as she scanned the crowd. Her throat got a surge of warmth from the alcohol, the sequined details of her dress glittering up under the party lights and hovering stroboscopes.
    Tiberia didn't quite know what to think of Darren, she had always seen him as this immature, ridiculously competitive chatterbox whose ego really reached unheard-of dimensions, but during their fight, when she had mentioned his scars, he had broken done quite literally. It had made the granddaughter of Neptune feel quite guilty and she would've liked to apologize, if apologizing had been a Roman custom. So she was sticking to what she had said, not telling anyone about what she had seen. She didn't know what it was about but it seemed serious... perhaps he should really go see a doctor?
    No, a promise was a promise and she wouldn't go back on her word.

She realized the two of them were still there and decided to do the introductions. "Okay so Leandra, meet Darren. Darren, this is Leandra, my barrack-mate, served the Legion for six years too."
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 2/10/2015, 7:36 pm

Leandra was still trying to bear full weight on her foot, but she gave Darren a pained smile. "Pleasure to meet you, Darren." She said politely, "Tibia had mentioned meeting you, although I'm surprised you've survived calling her Aqualady."
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 2/11/2015, 3:29 pm

Oh great, introductions. Introductions meant talking and that of course meant that he would have to reply and stop eating his food. So, of course instead of doing that Darren quickly finished his giant marshmallows, all three of them, and swallowed grinning like a mad man. Which he probably was. “Nice to meet you Leandra, Lendra, Lundra, Lanny!” Weren’t nicknames great? He thought so, and boy was he great at coming up with them…most of the time. However that wasn’t exactly what he was focused on at this moment, no this particular moment his active mind had wound its way back to the first thing the shorter, possibly younger, girl said when the two of them had first turned around. Something that had to do with him and Aqualady.

“So. What exactly was it that you wanted to do to me? You know the thing Lanny was going to say before you oh so rudely cut her off by stomping on her foot?” The Australian asked with a boyish smile on his face. He truly had no idea, but that made the imaging, no matter how far off or wild and in no way sexual they were. The last part perhaps the most true because the boy was completely oblivious when it came to anything at all regarding that subject or the opposite sex for that matter. “It didn’t have anything to do with gouging my eyes out or making me shut up now would it? Because that’s terrible and would possibly hurt. Or oh, I know you wanted to dance right?” At this point he grabbed his hat and took it off giving a sort of bow smiling up at the two ladies.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/12/2015, 7:29 pm

"Not with you, thank you very much," Tiberia replied.

She looked up at the hovering stroboscopes which suddenly started reflecting the lights of the fireworks, colorful explosions in the sky raining down on them in glittering blue and yellow. Tiberia allowed a smirk on her lips, gazing up at the now sparkling night sky, the champagne still tickling her tongue.

"I will admit, you guys know how to throw a party," she said over the music, then added: "For Graeci."

Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 2/13/2015, 4:14 pm

Leandra was standing there still trying to figure out how in the pantheon's little green world he had landed on 'Lanny' as a nickname. It wasn't even close to her name. She was used to people switching between Lee-ann-dra and Lee-ahn-dra, her own family argued that. She had gotten a few Lee's, a few Ann's and the ever hated Lee-ann. Never Lanny. It was absolutely ridiculous.

She hated it. "Yes, the party is nice. Call me Lanny again and the person wanting to gouge out your eyes with a rusty spoon will be me." She muttered the last part quietly, behind a glass of ginger ale. She didn't want to start a fight, as much as she wanted to start a fight. Oh the conflict. Also, Darren could probably best her in a fight with his eyes closed. Of course, there were other ways to get revenge.

"So, Darrell, anywhere else in the party to see? Or just this one area?"

Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 2/13/2015, 6:37 pm

Darren swore he was trying to listen to what Lanny was saying but it just wasn’t happening, all he could hear was the loud music and Tiberia telling him that she wasn’t going to dance with him. Shrugging he straightened himself up and laughed. It was her loss, he was totally an awesome dancer as it came with the sword fighting or so he’d been told. Apparently dancing and sword fighting was a lot alike, what with the steps and swings and what not. He was brought crashing back down into reality however when Lanny called him Darrel. Shaking his head he sighed “Darrel? That’s a terrible nickname Lanny, you might need to work on the nickname thing. Is it a Roman thing? ‘Cause Aqualady here only calls me scum, Graci, Graci Scum, or idiot which aren’t very good nickname’s either. As for whether or not the Dance is being held elsewhere probably not. This is where we do all the Dances. We’re practically worse than ABC with Harry Potter Marathons.” It was true too.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 2/13/2015, 6:45 pm

Leandra shook her head laughing. "Believe me, Daniel, no one is calling you 'Graci' or even 'Graeci'. No one wants a plural of you." She said. Greeks and their butchering of the Latin language. That was wholly uncalled for. At least he could pay attention, they didn't butcher Greek...much.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 4:51 pm