A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Extraction mission (aka rescuing demigods)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Extraction mission (aka rescuing demigods) Empty Extraction mission (aka rescuing demigods)

Post by Morgan Landry 2/11/2015, 8:27 pm

OOC: I know it sucks, it's 2:30 am over here xD

BIC:The bell rang and Arian stood up, putting her stuff back into her handbag. She didn't know English lessons could be that boring, honestly; all she had done was drawing away on her notebooks hiding from the teacher, most of her notes circled by dozens of sketches. She didn't even need these notes for the simple reason she wasn't going to school here.
    Virgo, Eden and her were on a mission to extract a demigod here at school, her name was Paige Shields and since all the satyrs of camp were already off on their own missions, demigods had gone into rescuing escapades too. Like them. She spotted her two co-workers and gave them a thumbs up. Thanks to Mist manipulation and informatics, they had managed to make everyone believe they had always been going to school here when they had only arrived the day before.
    So now they were going to look for that demigod and hopefully find her before some monster did -- Arian wondered how many monsters Albuquerque housed. A dozen? More? Definitely not as much as New York though but with the combined smell of Virgo, Eden and herself they must be attracted to the city like flies to a jar of honey. Especially because of Arian, as she was Apollo's daughter. Children of the Olympian gods always smelled more to monsters than others.
    Holding her books against her chest, she stalked across the halls as if going to her locker, the two other girls next to her. They got waves and hi!s from people they had never talked to in their lives, to which Arian responded with cheerful smiles and winks.
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female
    Number of posts : 915
    Registration date : 2014-05-12

Extraction mission (aka rescuing demigods) Empty Re: Extraction mission (aka rescuing demigods)

Post by Sammy 2/12/2015, 4:55 pm

The class seemed to go on for years, never ending. Eden had counted the ceiling fifteen times, and she was absolutely certain that there were exactly thirty-two 11-inch square blocks running horizontally across the room, and thirty-five vertically. That was 135520 square inches, or 11293.33 feet squared. She was in the back of the room, as far from the teacher as possible. A bucket sat in front of the room, taunting her incessantly as she knew exactly what sat in it. Her phone.

As to why the teacher had taken her life away from her and concealed it into a tiny metal bucket with the far less impressive iPhones, she didn't know. Eden figured the poor old lady couldn't understand how significant that device was. Her laptop was back at camp, as she didn't trust the outside world to be kind to it (and it had a horrible battery life), so that phone her only connection to anything. Anything. Her life was on that 5-inch touchscreen. Her life.

The bell rang and Eden was the first at the front of the classroom, at the bucket before even the jocks in their varsity jackets, and more determined to retrieve her life from its sad little undeserving hole than the bubble gum-chewing girls who couldn't stand being away from those texts. She scooped up her connection to the world, and was unnaturally close to carefully caressing the poor thing, when she realized that Virgo and Arian would probably be waiting for her or something. She decided to save the reunion for later and headed out to her locker.

Getting into the school hadn't been that hard, actually. Just a few clicks, the simple act of bypassing the school security, editing their names into the documents, and it was all clear. Surviving in the school was the hard part. Eden hadn't been much of a "school" person. Sure, she could've gone to public school, but she never really had. And yeah maybe she was legally supposed to go to school, but she was also legally supposed to not hack into a school site and edit your names into documents. Anyway, the school environment was pretty new to her. She'd gotten a few eager waves and smiles, which she'd returned with oh-whoops-I-forgot-my-class-is-on-the-other-side-of-the-school, but she'd gotten even more sideways glances. Those weren't that bad. Sideways glances meant people didn't want to talk to you, and that was perfect for Eden.

She was just exiting the classroom when she noticed a gesture from a familiar face. As soon as she saw the thumbs-up, she quickened her pace, squeezing through the tightly packed bodies through narrow gaps, until she stood at Arian's side. People waved at the other girl, and maybe two people waved or said something to Eden, but she didn't respond.

OOC: No idea how this got so long, i had to take stuff out and it still just like refused to be shorter
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state
    Number of posts : 8787
    Registration date : 2009-12-26

Extraction mission (aka rescuing demigods) Empty Re: Extraction mission (aka rescuing demigods)

Post by mabel pines 2/15/2015, 8:58 pm

ooc: this took so long im so s ORRY omg
    She's got two-tone everything way too intelligent Moving but she just can't move. She's got two phones, everything. Boyfriend, Telling him "Find me cause I'll never find you." The tension is overflowing with every Benson She's throwing on the floor and in my mouth. She said "I'd love you to stay but that's simply insane. I've got a feeling that my friends are gonna kick in your brain." "She way out," I've never seen her dance moves dancing like "she way out." "She way out." I've never seen her talk but I'm telling you "she way out."
    virgo lovelace
    it's lucky that virgo actually followed how things were changing in the rest of the world outside of the hunt, otherwise she would have been so lost in the world of public high school. and if it weren't for her private lessons from some of the athena campers, she'd be lost academically, too - it's a near miss despite that. there are so many classes, and so many students, and so much material.

the teachers are also, well. they're horribly uptight, and uncaring, and not at all passionate about the subjects they teach. the old woman who's trying to teach her american history isn't even getting most of her facts right. virgo should know, she was actually alive back then. gods, teachers are thick.

the bell finally rings, and there's a mad rush to get out of the english room - virgo included. as much as she loves being out of camp, she loves being out of class. virgo would prefer going to the mall and gossiping with her friends more than sitting in a stuffy classroom anyday.

she pushes through the masses of students in the halls, praying to the gods that her hairdo doesn't get messed up in the attempt. sure, she towers over most of the girls in the halls - 'haha, 5'9" suckers, bow before my long legged glory, suckers,' - but still, you never know. and if she gets something on her skirt, zeus help her she would not hesitate to tear someone's hair out. she's had it for nearly half a century, she wouldn't part with it so easily.

it doesn't even take a minute to find arian and eden by the lockers - she just had to look for the bright and cheery girl smiling at everyone next to the girl who was blatantly ignoring all human contact. she shoulders through the hoards of students, occasionally stopping to say hi to someone along the way.

"i swear, if this albuquerque heat ruins my silk skirt, there will be hell to pay," she says, checking her bubblegum pink nails for scratches as she leans against her locker. there's a small scratch on her left pinky, and there's been an obnoxious hangnail on her right thumb all day.
    GIF

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/21/2015, 2:07 pm

OOC: Late reply sorry :O

BIC: Arian chuckled and casually took Virgo's arm, sidestepping a bunch of nine-graders dashing through the corridors. Ah, this did feel of home. Locker-lined walls, posters, flying papers on the ground...with the heat, it felt just like Naples in spring-summer season. Putting her shades on her nose, she glanced at her reflection in a nearby window: glossy shoulder long hair brushed into soft chocolate curls, pomegranate chapstick, healthy olive skin and seashell shaped stud earrings. Nodding innerly in approval, the daughter of Apollo carried on with her two friends. She was dressed in a girly white top and a peach-colored skirt, stitched with tiny golden sequins in spiraling patterns. She had pastel pink slingback wedges and stacked bracelets on one arm -- she'd love to be wearing midi rings but wearing rings when there was the possibility of a fight wasn't really smart. For the bracelets, she could slide them off her wrist in the blink of an eye, so those weren't problematic at all.

"There she is," Arian said, glancing at a girl in a denim jacket opening her locker, her dark hair swept up in a ponytail. "Hey Paige, do you have a second?" She asked with a sunny smile, casually leaning her shoulder against the lockers, her books under one arm.

Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 2/21/2015, 4:30 pm

OOC: You're fine, hon

BIC: "You should be more worried about the staff than the fashion. These teachers obviously have no idea when it comes to technology. I had to help one of them log into their email." She replied to Virgo's comment with a bit of an annoyed and tired smirk, shrugging her torn khaki messenger bag further onto her shoulder.

She, herself, had dressed for the warm weather, wearing a tank and some thin sweats, as well as a light jacket around her waist were top be deployed whenever teachers decided to dress code her for the spaghetti straps. Not like she had anything to show off, though.

The demigod looked at where Arian had glanced, finding a short, probably fourteen year old girl. She was relatively pretty, Eden guessed. Their target gave them a confused yet happy smile, answering a bit hesitantly. "Sure? Is something wrong?" Well, might as well use this time to her advantage. Eden took out her phone and began scrolling through the traffic reports, because why not. Her monster tracking program was still very underdeveloped, seeing how heat signatures of monster don't show up on mortal censors. So traffic was the only thing she could do at the moment.
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 3/2/2015, 5:22 pm

She's got two-tone everything way too intelligent Moving but she just can't move. She's got two phones, everything. Boyfriend, Telling him "Find me cause I'll never find you." The tension is overflowing with every Benson She's throwing on the floor and in my mouth. She said "I'd love you to stay but that's simply insane. I've got a feeling that my friends are gonna kick in your brain." "She way out," I've never seen her dance moves dancing like "she way out." "She way out." I've never seen her talk but I'm telling you "she way out."
    virgo lovelace
    "i've had this skirt since 1950," virgo says under her breath, a slight scowl on her face. "i'm far more worried about some clutz ruining it than the teachers, technologically incompetent or not."

it's been clear from the get-go that eden's not as big on fashion as virgo is, and she gets that, really. virgo would just appreciate it if eden could just let virgo fret about her clothes as she likes, is all.

of course, virgo wipes the scowl off her face as soon as she notices their mission assignment, paige. she's grateful they don't have another one of the moody ones. emo, she thinks it's called. those ones are the worst. they're impossible to get along with, and she'd had to fight the urge to throttle that girl from minnesota a couple missions back. absolute nightmare, really.

"of course nothing's wrong," virgo says soothingly. "we just wanted to have a bit of a chat with you is all." paige seems to relax a bit at that, which is reassuring to some extent.

virgo fights the urge to glance around the hallway for any sign of monsters and instead smiles brightly at paige, arm still looped with arian's as they walk down the hall. she hopes eden gets the non verbal agreement that she's on lookout for monsters right now.

her fingers twitch, and virgo really wishes she could have her lollipop out right now. as it is, there's some ridiculous rule about no food in the hallways, and while virgo's sure it wouldn't be upheld too strongly, she doesn't want to risk it getting thrown away by a teacher - those are some solid axes, and if she can't keep her bow slung over her shoulder she'd like to at least have the comfort of knowing another weapon is easily reached.
    GIF

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/2/2015, 5:48 pm

Arian briefly closed her eyes at Virgo's and Eden's bickering -- why couldn't they just get along for once?

Casually taking Paige's elbow, she led them all towards an empty classroom and closed the door behind them, putting her books and bag down on a table in the first row. Cards and posters hung on the wall, a forgotten textbook sat in the third row.
    Arian turned to Paige and took her shades off.

"Alright, this is important. Like, life or death important," she said with great calm. "Paige, we found out something about you and we think -- scratch that, we know -- you are in grave danger."

"What?" Her reaction was immediate. She hugged her books to her chest and gave them all a look. "But... I didn't do anything! I --"

Arian stopped her in mid-sentence, raising her hand. "It's not about something that you did. It's about who you are. I wish I could explain right now but if you know, it might put you in even greater danger and I don't wanna risk that. You need to trust us on this. This isn't a practical joke, this is real." Her eyes were serious, her tone became urgent. "We can help you, and we will explain everything to you once we reach a safe location."
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 3/2/2015, 6:33 pm

Eden paid Virgo's remark no attention, letting the blow hit her like most things did--meaning it left no more than a small dull spot on her rough metal cage.

As Virgo and Arian took care of the talking part, Eden followed closely behind, eyes scanning the now-empty hallways. This was usually the way things worked. Eden took care of getting them into the system, then the two socialites took it from there with the talking, all while the young daughter of Notus made sure no evil giant spider hell babies attacked them.

As soon as they entered the room, Eden did a quick once-over, checking for anything out of place that might signal something deadly-ish. Once she'd been assured of their relative safety, she quickly pulled out her phone and paused the school's cameras and audio with a few quick swipes. Yeah, okay, maybe she was a bit paranoid, but she didn't want someone watching this odd little group of females lead another smaller girl one into an empty room.

She switched the tabs in her phone quickly, viewing the live video of the school's hallways, switching from camera to camera. Everything seemed absolutely fine, to be entirely honest. Almost boring. She'd been hoping to get some action of some sort.

She was just zoning out of the feed and beginning to focus on how outdated the computers were in the school when something caught her eye. A long, scaly body slithering quickly, in and out of the view in seconds. She switched to the next frame, this time getting a good look at the thing before it disappeared, heading directly for them.

She flicked her silver charm bracelet off her wrist, throwing her bag over her shoulder and her phone in her pocket as the charms transformed into five throwing knives. She tucked four of the knifes into the side pocket of her bag, keeping one out.

"We gotta move," She announced as the sound of slithering became audible, tossing Arian her things quickly. "Will any of the windows are open? I really don't think we can outrun that thing, at least not in a closed hallway."
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 3/4/2015, 9:06 am

ooc: is the monster a dracanae or something else? im v bad at deciding on monsters ok
    virgo lovelace
    "what's going on?" paige asks, looking around the room in a panicked manner. "where are you taking me?" virgo hears a tremor in her voice.

"we'll explain in a bit, alright? we're not going to hurt you," virgo says, trying to keep the same soothing voice, as she checked the windows to see if they opened. "we just haven't got the time or privacy right now, but if everything goes as planned you'll be fine."

all of them have latches, but she finds most of them are stuck and won't budge. she would just smash one open with her axe, but then there'd be the trouble of damaging state property, and nobody wants to deal with that.

thankfully, the last latch switches open, and virgo's able to push the window up. "it's a squeeze, but you should be able to get out," she says to the others as she roots around in her purse for the lollipop she'd gotten for christmas. of course the monster had to be there today. not any of the previous days they'd been at the school, but the day virgo wears a vintage skirt and brings a judith leiber handbag.

she finds it, finally. "you all go," she says as the lollipop splits in half and grows into her twin battle axes. she hears paige gasp behind her. "i'll deal with the hellbeast. eden, check the outside cameras to make sure that thing hasn't got any reinforcement coming. arian, make sure paige stays safe."
    GIF

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/4/2015, 10:06 am

"Gotchu," Arian said, grabbed her bag and ushered Paige towards the window. The girl turned to her with frightened brown eyes ("Is that an actual ax?"), to what Arian replied with an encouraging but urgent smile; she held her hand while she climbed out of the window then let her go as she dropped to the ground. Following quickly, she took Paige's arm and sped across the parking lot (contrarily to what's pictured in a lot of movies, running in heels is not practical at all), weaving between cars with Eden in tow. As she ran, her hand dug into her handbag and retrieved Harpe, the khopesh-like sword gleaming up in the sunlight.

"What's that?" the girl asked.

"Something I'm sure I'm going to need. Stick with us and nothing will happen to you." I think.

She came to a halt behind a car and looked back. Sliding her bracelets off her wrist, she stepped out of her slingback wedges and squinted at the window they had just climbed out of. Virgo had told her to keep Paige safe but that didn't mean they'd leave without her. Virgo was their unofficially established leader.

Getting her sneakers out of her handbag, she kept her eyes on the window, trying to maybe catch a glimpse of movement. "Eden, anything on the cameras?"
    Sammy
    Sammy

Female

Post by Sammy 4/7/2015, 6:02 pm

Eden was not a fast runner, nor was she very athletic. Her short build made for sprinting even short distances, and her nimble fingers did little to help her in situations like these. There was a bit of an advantage, though. Even though her legs often failed her, she was so used to her phone's controls that she could open up the outside cameras while running. Oh, if only she'd had her laptop. That way, she could've seen the interior and exterior feeds at the same time. Too bad.

She was actually doing pretty well into she completely slammed her entire right side into the car Arian had hid behind. She didn't even seem to notice, though. She just righted herself and continued around to the back of the vehicle. If she hadn't been so focused on swiping between camera views, she probably would've stopped to realize just how stupid that was and how much that was going to hurt in the morning. Then again, who knows. You never really can tell with Eden.

"I don't see anything. Her scent must not be that strong," She replied, not even looking up from the screen as she flipped through the displays, so fast the images began to blur together. It didn't matter, though, so long as she could notice a change in the pattern of pixels. "Then again, if there are any others, they might already be inside the building. I can quickly check, but that would mean temporarily losing the exterior view." She explained, though she was already quickly returning to her previous streams. The video appeared, and she hastily began to swipe through them.

She stopped towards the end of the slideshow as she saw a small, hardly noticeable flicker that, nevertheless, was almost certainly recognizable as a tail. She flipped to the next screen to see a slightly slower, much smaller drakon slithering in the path of the other.

"One smaller one inside, seems to be a bit weaker, though. What do you see nearby?" She asked, tracking the creature, her gaze never leaving the phone, except for a small flicker towards the Paige girl. She looked quite terrified, to be honest. Eden truly wished she could do something to help, but she had no idea how. Discussing the elaborate methods of hacking an ATM would do no one any good, especially in this situation. Instead, she quickly looked back down to the screen, regathering herself and pouring all of her focus back into the current situation.

OOC: psh ha i knew it was my turn totally didnt forget haha ha eh...
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state

Post by mabel pines 4/13/2015, 9:18 am

virgo lovelace
    virgo lets out a quiet stream of swear words as the slithering gets louder. as much as she enjoys a good monster killing - she was in the hunt for a century, after all - virgo's not really in the mood for this right now. she'd just wanted a nice, quick, easy escape for once. is that really too much to ask for?

the sound stops right when it reaches the door and she holds her breath, hoping that maybe it'll move on, but of course it doesn't. the door bursts open ('that's very discreet,' she thinks snarkily) and the dracanae comes at her, wielding a triton.

"you've killed three of my sssissstersss," it hisses at her, and virgo sneers in response.

"i'm sure they'd enjoy a family reunion," she snarls in response, blocking the triton with her axes.

the dracanae is older than some of the others she's faced, but virgo's sure she can handle it. she's dealt with them countless times - this is no big deal.

she's finally got it cornered, about to kill the damn thing, but it just smiles. "good luck with the drakon," it says mockingly, right before her axes cut into it, monster dust exploding everywhere. virgo's blood runs cold. great. just what this day needed, a gods damned drakon.

she can hear it coming and surveys her options. she can stay and fight it, or she can run. and if she runs there's the possibility of either outrunning it, or the monster catching up with them. at least then she'd have reinforcements.

she sprints to the window, climbing out of it as fast as she can and making a beeline for the car.

"drakon!" she gasps out. ""there's a drakon. we either run or try to fight it."
    GIF

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/10/2024, 6:45 am