A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

You Call This Power? (Blaze)

Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 23711
    Registration date : 2010-07-05

You Call This Power? (Blaze) Empty You Call This Power? (Blaze)

Post by Shade 2/12/2015, 8:47 pm

A Demi-Titan that didn’t know how to use her powers was disheartening. In fact it was quite embarrassing, sure he had a few minor setbacks in his life time and power blips just like everyone else in the world but at least he could do things with them. So far Crystal had shown she was able to make knives out of the light constructs and that was about it. So after about thirty minutes of her making mostly knives and a couple of necklaces which was admittedly getting better but it bored the crap out of him and he was easily bored so saying that he lasted thirty minutes before wanting to go blow something up, rip something apart, or beat the ever living snot out of things as hard as he possibly could.

“Alright, so light constructs definitely not something you excel at.” He stated propping his feet up on the table in the Titan Cabin that was in front of him. Running a hand through his hair he took a sip of the coke that Stella had recently gotten from somewhere. He wasn’t sure where she got it but it was definitely Grade A coke and not the stuff they tried to pass off in the Mess Hall as real coke. From what he could tell the only person in the entire camp that got the real deal was Mr. D and that was a load of shiz, he could take the old Dolphin brain any day of the week. Like his vines would do anything when they were being lit on fire and whine? Please, it took a hell of a lot to get anyone in his family drunk…as far as he knew.

Setting down the can of coke he put both of his hands behind his head and leaned back into the couch. “What about light speed or light travel?” He asked having thought about some other powers she may have inherited. It was a simple question, and in his mind a simple light based power. Sure, she may not have gotten it but if she did it would make wonders in combat, or for escape. Either way the thing was perfection if you learned how to use it correctly that was. If you didn’t, well what happened in Montana was a good example of what happened if you had a blip here or there. Not like he was the first person to have a momentary lapse in control or anything.
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male
    Number of posts : 3957
    Registration date : 2012-03-15

You Call This Power? (Blaze) Empty Re: You Call This Power? (Blaze)

Post by Blaze 2/13/2015, 12:12 am

Gods, she was failing miserably.

But whatever.

Crystal had made one knife and a necklace which was actually quite nice. She would've worn it if only it hadn't lasted less than a millisecond. Really, her powers didn't matter. Sure, she'd practice them for safety measures, but it wasn't like she was going to shank a demigod just because. She was beyond that. Obviously, she would manipulate them into doing her bidding, and if they didn't follow her (which they usually did), she'd wreck their social status. Simple as that.

She glared at Gabe as he set his coke down and stated that she wasn't good at "light constructs", which was apparently what it was called. Stupid name, really. She rolled her eyes and sat down on the table, her back facing him. He then asked if she could use light travel. Of course she could. Anything he could do she could match or do better. At least she didn't have to wear stupid glasses all the time. Her vision was far beyond great. "Obviously I can."

She closed her eyes and pictured the courtyard of the camp, but then her mind trailed off to clothes and lipgloss and makeup and how she looked and how much she weighed currently and what errands she had to have the Aphrodite girls run and why her mother made the sky blue and why-

Crystal opened her eyes and saw her standing on the flat roof of a building. The building was located in the heart of the city, and she did a 360 on her heel to take in the view with her enhanced vision. It was beautiful -- almost as beautiful as her, but...

Then she saw Gabe. Oh dear. She did something wrong. This wasn't apart of the process.
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 2/13/2015, 11:47 am

One moment he was fine and dandy, resting his head in the Titan’s Cabin trying desperately not to murder the next person who walked in just so he could get his mind off of things and the next he wasn’t there anymore. He was sitting down on something cold, something hard, and he definitely didn’t like the change of scenery. “What the Bloody Hell did you do?!” He yelled looking around for Crystal, until he found her only a couple feet away from him standing up and looking out at the skyline as if nothing was wrong. Standing up he brushed any of the dirt that was on him off and then took his sun glasses off letting his golden eyes shine as they hit the sunlight.

“Okay point proven you can use your light travel or whatever you call it. But obviously you can’t think clearly without getting distracted. What were you even thinking about that it took not just you but both of us to a building in…New York City?” Seriously they were just off the coast of Long Island and now they were all the way in NYC, as impressive as that was he wasn’t entirely sure that was what the daughter of Theia was planning on doing. Walking up to her he was about to continue to say more until he actually took the time to look out over the skyline and shrugged “Huh…not a bad view though.” He muttered sitting down on the edge of the building and letting his feet dangle off the edge. “So, what else can you do? Oh, and don’t try and mess up this time.”
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Blaze 2/13/2015, 12:11 pm

Crystal frowned, but that increased the risk of wrinkles, so she feigned a smile. "Um, I used my powers?" she replied, pretending that she had no clue what the hell he was talking about. She could probably convince him that it was his fault if she tried, but she wasn't going to waste energy on tricking another demi-Titan. She'd save that for some other day.

And it wasn't like she purposely teleported them here (although yes, she could convince him that she did). She remembered her last thought being why the sky was blue. Damn. She had a short attention span. Maybe that was why she was moving from boy to boy all the time. She brushed that thought aside. Psh. Of course not. she thought.

She was exhausted, really. Using her powers to go this far and this high up made her tired, and Crystal didn't really expect to be on top of a building in New York City at what? One in the afternoon?

"I was thinking about this exact building, of course," she stated sarcastically, rolling her eyes. "And what does what I was thinking about matter? Maybe it was your fault," she said accusingly. She decided that she would try to convince the arrogant jerkface that it was his fault. Obviously it was her fault, but she didn't exactly like taking blame. Even though she absolutely loved attention, the daughter of Theia refused to draw any negative attention to herself. Negative attention ruins your reputation. She didn't want that to happen --  she had to be a role model for those pathetic demigods who thought that she loved them so much, so that they would follow her exact orders when the time came.
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 2/13/2015, 12:24 pm

“Course you were, which is why I ended up here right?” She just didn’t know how to take blame for anything did she? At least when Gabriel messed up on the DT trip he was man enough to admit he messed up, even though it was mainly because Stella was in his face yelling at him and he wasn’t exactly in the mood to get into a big argument at that point. When she went and tried to place the blame on him however is when he almost lost it. She was going to try and blame him for her screw up? How did that even make sense in her pea sized brain? He hadn’t done anything for this to even remotely be his fault. Eyes flaring up a little, looking as if a flame was starting to spark he laughed.

“My fault!? My fault? How in the hell is this even remotely my fault?” He questioned scooting back and standing up as he spun around to look her dead in the eyes. “I didn’t do a damned thing, I simply asked if you could do it, not to do it or to take me with you to wherever the hell in New York we are.” She may be smart enough to convince the little Aphrodite girls that she was top dog and brilliant, which honestly wasn’t that hard, but there was no way in Hades she was going to be able to convince him that anything about this was even remotely his fault. He knew it wasn’t, she knew it wasn’t and everything would be all better if she just came out and admitted it so he could take them both back to camp. If not he wasn’t afraid of knocking some sense into her, DT Gang or not.
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Blaze 2/13/2015, 12:57 pm

Crystal scowled and walked up to him. "Maybe if you actually tried to help me with my powers, I could actually have done this right. Instead, you were sitting on the couch for thirty minutes doing what? Absolutely nothing, while I failed miserably at making whatever the hell I could think of out of light. You're here to help me, you arrogant a**hole, but all you f***ing seem to be doing is watching me, sipping your coke -- which actually might have cocaine in it, because you seem like you're on it all the gods damned time -- and being a lazy, d**ch*y wuss," she snapped. The rant was actually pretty improvised, and she meant some of it. She was still, obviously, pushing the blame on him. That stupid, hot-headed loser would get what was coming to him soon enough. She was pretty sure the gods would strike him down someday for being an idiot, but she wasn't going to complain.

"You know what? Just get us off this building before I shove you off it," she said, turning around and walking back to the center of the roof. His anger would probably get the best of him and he'd flip out or something, but she didn't really care at the moment. It wasn't like he was going to harm her. A guy should never harm a girl, more so anyone, but he's already wrecked lots of male demigods, so really, there was no going back.
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 2/13/2015, 2:38 pm

If he had actually tried to help, arrogant blah blah blah. She just kept going on and on, and man did she like to hear herself talk. Half of it was total bull shiz if you asked him, he didn’t just sit there he tried to show her how to make the light constructs and even made a couple of his own but obviously that didn’t matter to little miss perfect. When she finally finished her rant he rolled his eyes and cracked his neck as she turned around and walked away. She wanted him to leave did she? Fine he could do that, but not before he put little miss queen bee in her place. Show her who the top dog was around here. She may have fancy light powers when it came to making a rave but that was about it.

With a snap of his fingers a small flame appeared above his thumb and pointer finger, which he easily moved to his palm when he spun his hand around the flame getting bigger. It wasn’t the hottest flame he could make and was in fact a relatively warm one, intended simply to light her shirt on fire and he could easily have it dissipate after that was done. Shoving his open palm forward the flame went flying off towards her. “Do you ever shut up?” He asked hoping that it would be enough to get her to turn around and look at him, or rather the flame heading over to her.
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Blaze 2/13/2015, 2:57 pm

Crystal was annoyed already, but when he asked if she ever shut her trap, she flared up. She turned around and threw a sphere of light at him that would burst and explode, shining a blinding amount of light in his eyes. After she did so, she saw a flame heading towards her. That...that idiot is attacking me... she thought before swatting at the incoming flame. She didn't exactly think that through, and it left a minor burn on her hand. It wasn't anything she couldn't fix, but there was a sting of pain that shot through her hand that dissipated just as fast as it appeared. She looked at her hand just to make sure he didn't ruin her manicure that the Aphrodite girls insisted on giving her a few days ago and covered it up with her other hand. She tried not to press on the burn too much, but she didn't want him to see the burn on her hand. It would give him pleasure.

"Not unless you make me," Crystal replied, smirking before turning around and continuing to walk to the edge of the building's roof. She rested her arms upon the boundaries of the roof and looked at the city. She could see cars zooming back and forth from the top of the building and people walking on the crowded sidewalks -- some running to get back to work.

Crystal turned back around to face the son of Hyperion. "Are you going to get us off of here or not?" she asked simply.
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 2/13/2015, 3:10 pm

The ball of light came crashing towards him and exploded in his eyes but the Son of Hyperion, Titan of Burning Light among other things, simply blinked unfazed by the sudden change in light. Really? That was the best she could do? Her hand obviously burnt from the flame was a surprise, not one he wanted but it seemed to knock some sense into her and she finally was quieted. At least for the moment, even if she did attempt to get the last words in. “Is that a challenge? Because I could personally make sure you keep your mouth shut.” Or well, make it in such a way that it wouldn’t be talking for quite some time. Whether or not it was shut during that period of time was another story altogether.

Following her to the other side of the building he placed a hand on her shoulder and then used his power to travel them back to camp, specifically the Titan Cabin. “I’ve no idea what you’re talking about. We never left camp.” Smirking he put his sun glasses back on and returned to his spot on the couch, his coke was gone no doubt Ferro threw it away in an attempt to keep the Cabin clean. But that really didn’t matter, what did matter was that he had at least gotten Crystal to use her powers correctly and at least in a tad bit of an aggressive or threating way. Even if it wasn’t harmful to him per say he could certainly see how it would be harmful or at least annoying to someone else. Which was a close second.
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Blaze 2/13/2015, 3:42 pm

Crystal heard him threaten her. As if he would actually seriously harm her. Gabe was usually all talk, and he only acted when he didn't talk. A few seconds later, she felt a hand on her shoulder. If she had enough time, she actually would've backhanded him right then and there for making contact with her without permission. But she didn't.

Gabe took his spot on the couch once again, and Crystal turned around to face him. "Cute," she rolled her eyes at his attempt at a joke. She sat on the table across from him and crossed her legs. "I suppose you're satisfied? I got burned and all," Crystal stated. Of course he was! Why wouldn't he be? He was the guy who beat up demigods for fun. He was the one who had blood all over him every single day. It would be quite ridiculous if he didn't take even a little pleasure in her facing pain. That sadistic little- okay, never mind.

"Now, go get me a coke," she demanded politely and smiled. Crystal had reverted quickly back into her bratty personality -- and easily, if I may add.
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 2/13/2015, 6:30 pm

Satisfied wasn’t exactly the word he would have used in that situation. He’d have been satisfied if she had actually learned how to properly use her powers but he’d be lying if he said that seeing her get a little burnt didn’t make him the tiniest bit happy. “Eh, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little bit happy.” Grin spread across his face as the words came out of his mouth, except it was quickly stripped away when the bratty side of Crystal came rushing back as if someone had just opened up Niagara Falls for the first time in years. Pushing his sunglasses up and pinching the bridge of his noise he breathed in and out slowly before standing up and walking over to the little fridge and grapping her royal pain in the ass a coke.

Turning back around when he had it he made his way back to the couch and tossed it at her. “Catch prissy.” He hadn’t shaken it up, no he’d rather her not to go total bitchy on him as he wasn’t exactly planning on killing her. As much as Stella disliked them all she’d probably kill him if he killed her because she was surprisingly against inter Cabin killings, if of course said inter Cabin killings happened in Cabin Twenty-One it seemed she could care less what the other Cabins did to each other. But Titans forbid if Gabriel ruffed up one of the Demi-Titans even a little bit. He didn’t get to hear the end of the whole accidently burning Thea’s bed thing for two weeks.
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male

Post by Blaze 2/13/2015, 6:55 pm

Crystal smiled as Gabe stood up to get her the drink. Honestly, if he wasn't such a prick all the time, maybe she would respect him. Crystal caught the can and popped it open, careful not to break a nail or cut skin. "Thank you, O Savior. I'm dying of thirst," she joked, even referencing how they first met. She took a sip and set the can right next to her. She hadn't had a can of soda in a while; she usually stayed away from the demi-Titan fridge's drinks. You really never know if Stella stuck cyanide in every one of them. She didn't exactly trust Gabe with getting her a drink, but she knew he would never harm a hair on a girl unless it was a girl like Stella (which was quite rare to find).

Crystal switched from sitting on the table to sitting on the couch. She spotted the remote to the TV next to Gabe and said, "Turn on the TV or something. I'm bored. You can go cut some people if you want, but I'm going to stay here." She thought Gabe was going to most likely choose beating up demigods over watching TV so that he would finally leave her alone, but she was fine with whatever. Gabe was tolerable at the moment, actually. He wasn't being a hot-headed jerk or an arrogant idiot. She took a sip out of her soda and waited for him to turn on the TV.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 7:29 am