A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

A seven nation army couldn't hold me back Empty A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Post by Morgan Landry 2/23/2015, 8:51 am

A seven nation army couldn't hold me back 34npj87

Name: Lee Pácansihuta (Sparrow) Sherwood

Eyes: Dark brown, almost black.

Hair: Black.

Height: 1m65.

Body Type: Scrawny.

Skin Color: Brown.

Ethnicity: Cheyenne Suhtai, Native American.  

God Parent: Hermes, god of thieves and Internet.

Mortal Parent: Vivian Sherwood.

Country of Origin: USA.

Pets: None.

Talents:
    → Skateboarding.
    → Parkour & Freerunning
    → Breakdancing.
    → Lacrosse.
    → Hacking.
    → Pranking.
    → Thieving.
    → Climbing.
    → Making up excuses on the spot.
    → Stealth.

Appearance (feel free to skip this part):
    → Lanky
    → Scraggly pixie cut
    → Upturned eyebrows
    → Crooked grin
    → Pointed nose
    → Leggy
    → Almond-shaped eyes
    → High, prominent cheekbones.
    → Animated tattoo which goes up her spine. (It's powered by blood sugar.)
    → She dresses in a skater girl kind of way so hoodies, loose tank tops, denims, snapbacks, sneakers, etc.

Weapon**:
    → Two carbon fiber discs with razor-sharp celestial bronze edges.
    → Two tactical celestial bronze knives.
    → Size six celestial bronze sword from the armory.

Armor:
    → Corinthian helmet with vertical crest of messy black and white horse hair.
    → Normal Greek hoplite armor; a bit old with worn leather straps. Recognizable because someone spray-painted a yellow smiley face on its back ages ago.

Personality:
    → Prankster.
    → Adrenaline junkie.
    → Mischievous.
    → Tricky.
    → Humorous.
    → Rebellious (towards school teachers and other authority representatives). Only teacher she respects is Chiron.
    → Rule-breaker.
    → Honest with her friends but doesn't hesitate to lie to get out of trouble.
    → Upbeat (even if something bad happens she'll try to make jokes).
    → No hang-ups.
    → Independent.
    → Resourceful.

Flaws:
    → Never takes stuff really seriously.
    → Goes too far with the rule-breaking (such as hacking into government websites).
    → Makes inappropriate jokes at inappropriate times.
    → Common demigod flaws: dyslexia and very strong hyperactivity.

Abilities:
    → She can sense locks or other security devices in a perimeter of five meters.
    → She can communicate with snakes, tortoises, rams and hawks, since they are Hermes's sacred animals.
    → She can detect and think herself into radio frequencies used to communicate. This means: she can listen to phone calls or know what a text contains if the person calling/texting is at less than ten meters from her, she can patch herself into different signals, and access the Internet in her mind. When she closes her eyes and wills to interface with radio waves or the Internet, it's as if a screen had appeared behind her eyelids.
    → Since she's the daughter of Hermes, using phones, computers or any communication technology does not attract monsters.
    → Being a daughter of Hermes, she is faster and more agile than the average demigod.
    → She can be really eloquent when she wants to.

Powers:
    Thieving: She can open/deactivate a security device by touching it. On a scale of one to ten where one is the simple padlock you use for school lockers and ten is the super sophisticated device used to protect nuclear weapons, the maximum she could deactivate would be of seven, a well-guarded bank vault, but that's the absolute maximum, meaning unless she gets nectar or ambrosia afterwards, she passes out a couple of moments later.
    4 posts cool down, seven posts for the bank vault.
    Speed: She can accelerate her speed critically to where she can run about 20 meters in one second. The limits of this is that it's not like time slows down, the time is exactly the same for her like for others when she uses her power, which makes it not very easy to maneuver at all. She can use this to run or to fight, or anything that requires top speed. What she often does are series of quick movements. Run five meters in a second, then another five meters, and so on. These series normally consist of five speed accelerations.
    3 posts cool down.
    Digital interfaces: Lee can create digital interfaces and interact with the data. The interfaces fade back into nothing after 4 posts, 4 posts cool down.
    Walls: Lee can walk through walls and fall through floors. She can only fall through floors if there's another storey or compartment underneath her feet (eg she couldn't fall through a basement). 3 posts cool down.

Life Before Camp*:
    → Lee was born in Oklahoma. Her mother nursed her the first years but was still in college so she brought Lee at age three to her parents and sister in South Dakota.
    → When her mother finished college, she took up a job in her parents' rez so she could be with her daughter.
    → Lee grew up in the small, ground-floor house of her grandparents with her cousins.
    → When she was ten, her aunt moved out of the rez to a small flat in Chinatown, New York City, where her husband lives. After that, Lee was sent to a shabby instate boarding school.
    → Lee didn't do all that well in school, except in sports and informatics. She usually sat in the back with her head on her bag, trying to sleep, or being her hyperactive self, sending paper balls at people, tossing freshly chewed gums at the teachers, etc. Or she skipped lessons. Yeah, that worked too. (Having a knack for heights, she spent a great deal of the lessons she skipped climbing her school's buildings, which helped her develop her already strong agility and stealth.)
    → She spent her daytime pranking others. Be it roommates, classmates, teachers or the principal himself, everyone she came across had their own little prank. At night, she climbed over the school's fence to sneak out into the streets. She met a group of mid-teens who were hanging out in a square, break dancing. They buddied up and taught her break dance moves; Lee proved to be a quick learner and took up fast.
    → Her powers started manifesting at around that time, when she realized she was able to listen to phone calls in her head or know what a text contained without having to read it. It freaked her out so she didn't dare to tell anyone about it at first. Later on, she let her roommate Chana in on her secret, with the promise not to tell anyone. Chana believes Lee is some kind of X-Men mutant.
    → When she was eleven, a new guy arrived, Wren Greenridge. He walked with crutches and empty Coke cans had a way of disappearing around him: you guessed it, he's a satyr. He hung out with Lee and her three pals and quickly recognized she was the demigod he had been sent to pick up.
    → Just as he was about to kick his shoes off to show her his hooves during one of their nighttime sneak-outs, their English teacher showed up and took them to her office. Once the door shut behind her, she turned into a harpy and attacked them. That was when Lee discovered her power of walking through walls: she kept going backwards to escape the bird-woman and walked straight through the wall. But since she couldn't control it, she also fell through the floor and broke her right shinbone.
    → Wren had managed (with the help of his celestial bronze sword and his goat-gymnastics-moves) to ward the harpy back off to Tartarus, then went looking for Lee. He found her one storey under him, crying in shock and pain. He gave her nectar, and while she was freaking out about its regenerative properties, her new-found walking-through-walls power and their English teacher being half pigeon, he helped her down the stairs and back to the dorm building. Once she had calmed down a little, he explained everything about her being a demigod, about him being a satyr (cue kicking off shoes and dropping pants), and told her he had to get her to a safe place.
    → She grabbed her bag (leaving most of her stuff there) and followed him out.
    → Thanks to Wren's experience in borrowing cars, they managed to steal a small Ford and drove it across Iowa, Illinois and Indiana. They fortunately had enough money for food and petrol (both from Wren's protector budget and Lee's stock of "earnings" (aka what she calls the money she steals from her classmates)). The trip was long and tiresome, several monsters took up the chase and a pack of young hellhounds managed to tear the car to shreds near Columbus in Ohio. They had to flee and hide in a forest, then hitchhike their way to Columbus, in whose suburbs they "borrowed" another car.
    → When they finally made it to New York, they were both very smelly, covered in scratches they didn't want to waste any ambrosia on, and were starting to be very hungry. Two Cyclopes chased them from Hudson Valley all the way to Long Island, but Wren and Lee were quicker in their car and managed to get to Camp Half-Blood without getting killed.
    → Lee was claimed by Hermes a month later, making her a "real" resident of cabin 11. Her sudden disappearance from school was tweaked by the Mist to make her look like a victim who had been attacked by a teacher, panicked and ran away. She "showed up" at the end of summer in Sioux Falls and was taken by the police back to her family, then to her school.
    → She took up demigod training in Camp Half-Blood, practicing with her discus' at night in the gym of her school (escaping teachers by walking through walls or hiding away thanks to her super speed).
    → Lee fought in the demigod wars.
    → As of now, she has just been arrested on twelve charges of illegal hacking and sent to a residential group home (aka a home with other delinquents who do community service). [My posts will start from the moment she escaped, a couple of months later.]

Any notes about your characters:
    → She's on her school team of lacrosse and athletics.
    → She's portrayed by Frankie Sandford.
    → Gay af

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 4/11/2017, 6:41 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 23711
    Registration date : 2010-07-05

A seven nation army couldn't hold me back Empty Re: A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Post by Shade 2/25/2015, 9:16 pm

Abilities:
    Alright just minor things here, the third one sounds more like a power. Not exactly something that just happens. She can turn it on and off.
    Faster and more agile? How so? People can train themselves to be pretty agile and fast, there isn't exactly a base to go off of.

Powers:
    Speed: Right all that is good, got it...so what's her top speed?
    Walls: Lee can walk through walls and fall through floors. She can only fall through floors if there's another storey or compartment underneath her feet (eg she couldn't fall through a basement). 3 posts cool down.
    I have no problem with this I just dunno how it relates to Hermes.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

A seven nation army couldn't hold me back Empty Re: A seven nation army couldn't hold me back

Post by Morgan Landry 2/25/2015, 9:49 pm

→ The third one was originally approved as an ability, so I'd actually like it to stay that way ..
    → Well I meant that more as innate talents related to her god parent.
    → Top speed? Well as said, about 5 m/s.
    → Well my rationale is that Hermes is the god of thieving so walking through walls should be in his power range.
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 2/25/2015, 9:51 pm

If that was approved before hand tis fine

5m/s? that's kind of slow, not exactly super speed? I can approve this now thought if you want.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 2/25/2015, 9:57 pm

Edited :)
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 2/25/2015, 9:58 pm

A seven nation army couldn't hold me back Thumb

Approved Until Stated Otherwise

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/28/2024, 8:37 am