A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Food and Stuff

Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female
    Number of posts : 33821
    Registration date : 2010-07-13

Food and Stuff Empty Food and Stuff

Post by Steve Rogers 3/4/2015, 5:32 pm

1 o'clock. Lunch time. Liam wheeled into the mess hall and his stomach growled loudly. He'd just been playing basketball for the last three hours and thought that it was finally time to get some grub. He grabbed himself a grilled cheese sandwich (with tomatoes), broke off a piece and threw it into the fire to thank the gods, and pulled up next to a table. There weren't that many people, he seemed to have missed the lunch rush. He are about half of his sandwich and his hunger faded. He picked at the bits of bread and stared at his now unappetizing sandwich.

He thought about returning to the basketball court but quickly dismissed the idea. He was already tired, his protesting muscles wouldn't allow him to continue playing basketball. He considered grabbing his physics textbook and heading out to the beach and reading, but decided against it: he hadn't slept that much last night. As much as he loved physics, all those equations would only succeed in giving him a headache.

Sighing, he laid his head on the table and closed his eyes.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

Food and Stuff Empty Re: Food and Stuff

Post by Green 3/4/2015, 5:52 pm

The sound of sandals clicking on the Mess hall's floor echoed throughout the eating establishment. The wearer of the Greek styled sandals? Genevieve, the perky, loving, daughter of Hestia. She wore a long, brown dress that stopped at her feet. Her amber hair was slung over her shoulders as she walked toward the buffet table. She had just finished up her daily worship at the Zeus and Hera cabins and now had decided to get something to eat. Picking up a plate, she placed two tongs full of green salad on her plate along with a non-buttered roll.

After getting her food, she went over to the hearth and poured over half of her salad in the fire, bowing her head and prayed. She smiled widely and with a giggle, went over to the Hestia table to start eating.
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 3/4/2015, 6:17 pm

The mess hall was awfully silent around this time. There couldn't been more than three other camper there, excluding Liam. So, of course, he was able to hear when someone new walked into the vicinity. He heard the gentle smacking/flipping sound of sandals, rustling around near the salad bar and a quiet giggle near the hearth. A girl then, he though. He'd debated whether or not to flirt with her but decided against it. Sitting up and flirting required too much energy. He was too tired.

He shifted around in his wheelchair a bit and folded his arms on the table, resting his head on his hands. Curse his restless mind and funky dreams. He had better things to do than lay around napping.

Still... Perhaps a little nap wouldn't hurt. He sighed and relaxed, letting his tired mind wander off.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 3/4/2015, 6:39 pm

Before she could start eating, she remembered that she forgot to get a goblet. Genevieve got up and walked over to the table to get one. She smiled warmly at the other three demigods that were in the Mess Hall along with her. She paused when she got to the boy who had his head down. She cocked her head to the side a bit and decided to go over and greet him, but before she could, she slipped and fell backwards on the hard floor. Thankfully the room was nearly empty and the cup was free of liquid. Red blood cells rushed to her face as she slowly began embarrassed.

"Oh, no..." She slowly turned on her side and began to get up from the floor, putting her hand on a table to help support her.
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 3/4/2015, 7:19 pm

There was a loud crash and Liam's head shot straight up, panicked. He looked around in half-conscious confusion for a minute (he was still rather sleepy after all.) Upon turning around, he discovered the source of the noise. "Need a hand?" He asked offering a hand to help her up.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 3/4/2015, 7:26 pm

Genevieve say the guy come over to her in the wheelchair and shook her head quickly. "N-no, I got it. Thanks." She said in a hoarse whisper, picking up her goblet. "I guess Lady Tyche decided I need to take a trip."She giggled lightly and went back over to her table, fixing her hair some.
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 3/4/2015, 7:35 pm

"Guess so," Liam smiled, biting back a smart remark about the so-called "gods". It was all too confusing for him. He disliked the way life at camp always seemed to clash with his Catholic beliefs.

He watched as she left to sit at her own table (what was the point of separating them out, anyways?) and sighed. Part of him wished that she'd stayed and talked with him some more. He was a bit lonely, after all. He picked at his sandwich again and closed his eyes.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 3/4/2015, 7:44 pm

She sat back down and closed her eyes, causing the cup to fill up with green tea. Squealing a bit, Genevieve took a sip of the refreshing drink before placing it back down. The demigoddess glanced over at the guy who had offered to help her up, having an idea in her head. Genevieve gathered her plate and cup and went over to him. "Um, do you mind if I join you?"
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 3/4/2015, 9:22 pm

Liam sat up a bit, and glanced at her with a sleepy eye. "Uhh... No. Not at all," he said. He didn't show it, but inside, he was thrilled to have company.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 3/4/2015, 9:55 pm

Genevieve smiled softly and sat next to him and began to eat her salad. She had forgotten to get her dressing for her dish, but decided against getting up since she had a horrible time the second time she exited her seat.

Clearing her throat, The daughter of Hestia glanced over at the boy. "I'm Genevieve by the way."
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 3/4/2015, 10:03 pm

Liam sat up fully this time. "I'm Liam Spencer," he said warmly, holding out a hand for her to shake. He eyes her salad carefully. "No dressing, eh?" He asked.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 3/4/2015, 10:09 pm

She smiled and shook his head lightly, her warmth raditating off of her skin. "It's a pleasure to meet you Liam Spencer."Genevieve giggled a bit, moving some hair our of her face. She glanced down at her salad and nodded. "Yeah, no dressing, but that's okay." Smiling, she picked up the cup and drank it.
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 3/5/2015, 12:58 am

Liam ran a hand through his brown hair. He smiled at her, his freckles lighting up his cheeks. "Do you want me to go get you some?" He asked, hands on the wheels.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 3/5/2015, 4:32 pm

"Oh, no! That's quite alright, Liam. I don't need it anyway." She answered cheerfully, taking a bite of her salad. It was a bit dry without having some form of liquid on it. "So who is your divine parent?"
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 3/5/2015, 10:36 pm

"Erm... I'm told that it's Aphrodite," he said, sounding less than convinced. He fiddled with a gold cross around his neck, his gaze off in the distance. It was awfully confusing.

Liam shook the thought from his head, trying to focus on the conversation at hand. "You sure about that dressing?" He asked flashing a cheeky grin. "Because I really don't mind,"
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 3/5/2015, 10:49 pm

Geneiveve smiled some when she heard who his mother was. "Ah yes! The goddess of love!" She exclaimed, clasping her hands over her heart. She glanced down and looked down at his golden cross that hang around his neck. "Oh! So I see you're Christian?" She asked with a wide smile. She could remembered her grandmother taking her to church on Sundays when her father would allow it.

The daughter of Hestia looked down at her salad, then back up at Liam. "Uh, I guess I could use some Italian lain Dressing...or- no, Italian would work. Thank you so much"
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 3/7/2015, 1:17 am

Liam faltered when she mentioned his faith. He had gotten in many a fight over his beliefs. He hadn't started any of them, but that didn't mean he wasn't prepared to fight tooth and nail for his beliefs. His faith was the only thing that could justify his suffering. Not that he had any right to complain. There were people out in the world, and even at the camp, who had suffered far worse. He had no right to feel sorry for himself.

"Yeah," Liam said, quietly. "Catholic,"

He suddenly shook his head rapidly, as though trying to banish an unwanted thought from his head. "Italian dressing, coming right up!" he announced, and wheeled away. After a short trip to the buffet, he returned to their table. "One bottle of Italian dressing, fresh from the... Dressing fields," he said, waggling his eyebrows.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 3/7/2015, 4:44 pm

"Ah, I was close!" Genevieve chuckled and moved some hair from out of her face. She was really enjoying her time with Liam even though they just met like fifteen minutes ago. The daughter of Hestia crossed her legs under her dress and stared down at her lap, humming a Greek hymn softly as she waited for him to return.

When Liam did, Genevieve smiled widely. "Thank you so much, Liam! I owe you one!"She chuckled and poured the dressing on her salad, taking in the scent that it gave off. "Perfect!"
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 3/9/2015, 10:31 pm

"Mm, that smells good. I might have to get myself some salad. Although, I'm more of a ranch man myself," he said, grinning.

OOC sorry for the wait, I've been sick :(
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 3/10/2015, 7:12 pm

Genevieve giggled and stabbed some salad with her fork. "Well in that case, have some of mine, Liam." She offered with a smile on her lips. Her very presence gave off a homey, loving feeling to those who were close to her.
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 4/16/2015, 6:28 pm

"Are you sure?" He asked, a bit self conscious. He suddenly felt sort of misplaced. He wasn't usually the type to get nervous around pretty girls, but now, for whatever he was almost shaking. He wondered for a moment if it was his blood sugar, but quickly dismissed that thought. He took a deep breath and recollected himself.

OOC OMG! I'm so sorry I completely forgot about this!
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 4/18/2015, 7:52 pm

OOC: Lmao it's okay!

BIC: Genevieve gave her a single nod and stood up and smoothed out her dress. "I'll go get you a plate and a fork, Liam." She stated as she lightly patted his shoulder and went to get the dishes. After about fifteen seconds or so, she came back to the table where the son of Aphrodite. "I'm back!" She anncoed with a giggle, sitting back down next to him. The daughter of Hestia put some of the salad on Liam's plate.
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 4/18/2015, 11:28 pm

Liam beamed. "You didn't have to," he self-consciously tugged at his ear. "But thanks. I mean, really, thanks!" He said and happily stuffed a forkful of greens in his mouth. His nodded approvingly.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 4/21/2015, 8:13 pm

"You're quite welcome, Liam." Geneveive gave him a smile nudging his shoulder playfully. "So tell me, how long have you been at camp?"
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 4/21/2015, 10:41 pm

"Couple of months," he said with a shrug. "Er... Wait no. A year maybe? No, it couldn't have been a year..." He mumbled to himself. Maybe it was a year? It certainly didn't feel all that long. He shook his head rapidly. "What about you?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 4:38 pm