A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Making Our Way to Safety

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

Making Our Way to Safety  Empty Making Our Way to Safety

Post by Green 3/7/2015, 5:56 pm

Why was the world so cruel? What have we ever done to them? These were the types of questions that ran through my head as I stood in line of the store. In my masked consisted of a few snacks, water, and some over the counter meds. The trip from North Carolina had been a long and dangerous one. I had to do a lot just to get her in Pennsylvania! Even now I was far from the Charles Xavier institute where I knew that I would be safe from the froms of hatred and ignoance.

"Well that be all?" The cashier asked me as I finally came to the counter. I have her a single nod, watching her as she rang up the items in my basket. Looking up, I watched as a riot against Mutant equality raged, turning over buses, chasing down those who had obvious different physical qualities. One had a red skin with flaming hair, resembling a demon of some sort.

"Poor girl..." I whispered to myself before turning my attention back to the lady who had now looked at me strangly.

"Are you one of them?" She asked, her whol facial expression changing.

My heart skipped a beat as I knew I made a mistake. "I'll just go now.." I placed my money on the countertop an grabbed my bags, heading out the store.
    beanie
    beanie

Female
    Number of posts : 2047
    Registration date : 2013-12-21

Making Our Way to Safety  Empty Re: Making Our Way to Safety

Post by beanie 3/7/2015, 7:25 pm

i see fire

All hell was breaking out in front of Jia Li. The loud shouts, hurtful words, it was all pandemonium. The girl wen put her hands over her ears just to keep herself calm and not scream. But what confused her though was how all this was over mutants. Her kind had done no such thing wrong yet everyone labeled people like her freaks. A mistake. This is why she likes to hide.
    But she couldn't hide now, she was waiting for someone to come out of the supermarket so they could flee. Her foot tapped anxiously as she kept takingn glances through the glass to watch her friend at the cash register. He was looking at the riot in the street as well. He needed to hurry up in her opinion.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 3/7/2015, 8:25 pm

I walked back to Jia Li with the paper bags in my hand. "Hey, sorry I took so long." I stated in a rushed tone, stuffing my change into my back packet. "Also we should probably get out of here, now" I added, looking her over. It had been an ready long day for the both of them. Several things had transpired in the past six hours of them being in Pittsburgh and- it was just bad, let's leave it like that.

"Oh! And I got you some of your favorites."I started walking while digging my hand through the bag of food, taking out a pack of gum and handing it to her. "Where is our next check point?"
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 3/7/2015, 8:37 pm

i see fire

It was maybe a minute later when Jia Li saw him approach her with the goods, making the girl smile slightly. He was talking so fast she had almost clamped her mouth over his to make him stop talking. Instead she listened until he was down, then watched as he handed her a snack bag with some gum. Doritos, that was the snack. She was going to scream.

"Thankyousomuch.Iloveyouknow." She rushed while pulling him into a death hug. She hasn't had Doritos since Virginia and she was about to die with out them. They were her favorite snack so you could see why she acted the way she did. After tucking the gum into her pocket, she burst the bag open with a pop! and munched on some chips.
    "New York." She mumbled while wiping her mouth of any chips. "I had overheard some people over on the corner conversing about the Institute and they mentioned New York. What do you think?"

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 3/7/2015, 9:02 pm

I chuckled and watched as she opened up the bag, basically tearing them. "That's good to know, FerroK."That's the nickname I decided to give Jia Li sense her powers centered around controlling metals and stuff of that nature. After I finished hugging her and tucked the paper bag under my arm, rubbing my nose. "I think we should go." I nudged her shoulder playfully before hearing a gun go off. Instinctively, I moved in front of Jia Li, putting my arm over her side. My eyes focused on the direction where the noise came from like a dog on watch.

"We need to get out of this place.." I warned in a whisper. To be honest, I knew that she could protect herself, but while I was going to be with her, that was gonna be my job. I heard another one then two men running toward use, I knew that we were in danger. Raising my hand, I formed three flowers that shot darts.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 3/7/2015, 9:08 pm

i see fire

A gun shot went off and Jia Li's smile dropped. Oh no, she couldn't see what was happening since Alex stood in front of her. She could see the flowers though, and the guys running at her and Alex. Knots formed in her stomach as she gulped, the Doritos suddenly tasting not as appetizing. We needed to leave, like right now.

"What are you staring at?" I grabbed his hand and tugged at him. "Let's go!"

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 3/7/2015, 9:30 pm

I felt the tug on my arm by Jia Li, but didn't move. Well that this until I saw a rifle in one of the guy's hand. I cursed, grabbing her hand and running off down the street. In the city I felt so helpless because there was little or no greenery to control. This was more for Jia Li than it was for me.

"Come on!" I rushed, not really out of anger, but out of fear. There was no way in hell that I was going to let happen to her; not on my watch. After a while, I slowed down, panting. "I think we're good for now." I announced breathlessly.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 3/8/2015, 10:17 am

i see fire

Alex wasn't moving, no matter how hard Jia Li tugged at his arms. She was actually getting a little scared as the two guys still approached, one of them pulling out a gun. Next thing her mind could process, she was running next to Alex away from the bad guys. Moths filled her stomach as she stopped running, starting to feel a little queasy. It must've been the Doritos.

"Ya I think so." She breathed out before looking at Alex. "You scared me by standing still. Don't do that."

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 3/8/2015, 10:54 am

I blinked my eyes, touching the top of my head. "I'm sorry. I just- I can't keep running and running from them. It's not fair to me or you." I exclaimed, pacing to help calm down my breathing. It was true, I am sick of running and not being able to defend myself against the it ignorance of mankind.

Looking over at Jia Li, I pulled her into a tight hug. "I'm sorry I scared you." I whispered in her ear before letting go of her.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 3/8/2015, 11:54 am

i see fire

Jia Li took another couple of breaths before giving Alex a giant hug back. She couldn't help it, it had been a scary couple of days (or weeks; she wasn't sure how long they've been traveling) that have passed and she's been on edge the entire time. Someone could easily find out they're mutants and turn them in to the MRD which wouldn't be good. So she could understand Alex's point of view.

"Okay just don't scare me like that." She chuckled before playfully nudging him. "Let's go now."

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 3/8/2015, 5:44 pm

"Okay, I won't. Ever again." I nudged her shoulder back laughing. "We can catch a bus or something to go the rest of the way..." I said in thought, tapping my chin. "Or we could just jack one. "I added with a small smirk, stuffing my hands into my pockets. It was getting dark and the city wasn't the safest place turning that time, mutant or not.

"It's up to you." I exhaled, walking over to a building to lean up against it.
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 3/8/2015, 6:39 pm

i see fire

The option of a bus wasn't all that crazy. All they needed was money and they'd probably be able to make it to New York in one piece. Jia Li rolled her eyes though at the idea of jacking a bus since well....it sounded crazy. And Jia Li preferred not to do anything that'd draw attention on this trip.
    "Let's just get some bus tickets to New York. It's the safest and I'm certainty not jacking a bus." I rolled my eyes at him.

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 3/9/2015, 4:45 pm

I rolled my eyes playfully before crossing my arms. "I didn't mean jack a bus, I meant for us to jack a car." I corrected with a slight teasing manner. Sighing, I uncrossed my arms and put one around Jia Li. "But I guess we can do it the boring way." I laughed a bit and kissed he top of her head. I began walking, stuff my other hand in my pocket.

Soon we were near the bus station. "We still have one dilemma. We are both broke; or at least I am."
    beanie
    beanie

Female

Post by beanie 3/13/2015, 8:16 pm

i see fire

I nearly facepalmed when we started approaching the bus station. He was right, they were broke. The last dollars they had were used for the food so they needed some other way to get money. Now Jia Li wished they decided on jacking a car or a bus. Although the atm she sees out've the corner of her eye seems promising.

"I'll be back." She hurried off, watching silently as an old couple strolls away with some money in her hand. Normally she'd need a card but there were times when having powers that involved technology came in handy. While whistling, she pressed her fingers to the dashboard, watching as sparks flew from them to the atm. There were some noises before 50 dollars came out.
    "Don't ask how I got these." She handed them to Alex as she joined him again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/8/2024, 6:57 am