A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Chores and duties (private for Manda and myself)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Chores and duties (private for Manda and myself) Empty Chores and duties (private for Manda and myself)

Post by Morgan Landry 3/22/2015, 7:38 am

Chiara's skin was hot, crimson and coated in perspiration. She had started to sweat the moment she had entered -- entering Camp Half-Blood's kitchen was somewhere like entering a volcano, the sinks bubbling with lava and steam clouding the scorching air -- but it was getting worse by the minute.
    She had the special dragon skin gloves on and was just finishing scrubbing a plate clean before putting it on the pile of other plates she had already washed. Evander was at the sink next to hers, and she sighed. They were here because of that little brawl that had happened in the Mess Hall a few days ago, at first Chiara had been angry to be assigned kitchen duty but a couple of days later just snorted and shrugged. She usually got punished for her actions, be it clean out the stables, changing the sand of the arena, picking extra amounts of strawberries or scrubbing the amphitheater clean with a toothbrush. In the end, you got accustomed to it.

"Have you watched that video thing about the wearable drones I sent you over Facebook?" she asked, plunging a glass into the lava. She wasn't even mad at Evander anymore -- they fought so much, one day they were at each other's throats, one day they were playing video games or hanging out somewhere like the best pals in the world.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 12/24/2017, 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female
    Number of posts : 2302
    Registration date : 2014-12-31

Chores and duties (private for Manda and myself) Empty Re: Chores and duties (private for Manda and myself)

Post by Kwacken 3/22/2015, 9:45 am

Evander wiped the sweat off of his brow with an equally sweaty arm, the droplets hitting the lava and hissing as they instantly evaporated. "Yeah, saw that. Pretty cool. Bet a Hephaestus kid is responsible. Looks like one of the toys they would make. Kind of jealous of how they just have the knack to fix things."

Evander plunged another plate into the lava, feeling the heat through his gloves. His tongue felt like sandpaper. This was a little much for a little fight. He hadn't even stuffed her head in a brazier like he had threatened.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Chores and duties (private for Manda and myself) Empty Re: Chores and duties (private for Manda and myself)

Post by Morgan Landry 3/23/2015, 4:27 pm

"Can't wait till they actually get on the market," Chiara said, scrubbing a plate clean.

She glanced at the pile of plates and cutlery yet to be washed and sighed loudly. Why were there so many people at camp? She was probably washing the fork of some Aphrodite kid right now. Ew. Forunately there wasn't any lipstick on it; she remembered in her school when popular girls would drink from the carafes at the cafeteria, leaving big sticky stains of lipgloss all across it. Disgusting.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 3/25/2015, 9:34 am

"You don't strike me as a selfie taking type." Evander said, laughing. One of the videos that linked to the main one showed the primary use was for selfies, which just didn't strike Evander's fancy much. He often just looked like...himself. Nothing really different. Unless he was bruised up, banged up, sweating or covered in mud.

He plunged another plate into the lava, sighing. "You know, I don't know why they decided to make us do this for three days. We didn't break too many things. It was only a friendly brawl."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/29/2015, 4:24 pm

"I'm not talking about selfies," she snorted. "Just imagine everything you could do with that sht!"

Chiara had always been a big fan of wearable tech: smart clothing, smart lenses, Qbracelets, d3O, that kind of things. She knew that it was only the beginning, but she couldn't wait for more of it to come. Normally when you looked at her, with all her detentions and catastrophic marks and zero cares given about school, you wouldn't really think she was actually interested in science.
    But she was. It depended on the science though; quantum physics? Ew. Nanotech? Heck yeah.
    Evander's comment made her snap back to reality and she snorted, shrugging.

"We're Ares kids. What we call a friendly brawl is something like a war declaration to those fckers. They should just get their facts straight and leave us the Hades alone." She finished scrubbing some cutlery clean before grinning and spraying some dish soap at Evander over her shoulder.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 4/2/2015, 3:24 pm

The dish soap hit Evander in the face, and he just lashed out with a backhand before thinking about it. He wasn't expecting that. He probably should have been expecting it, but he wasn't. He had been paying attention only to his plate and the mental image of Chiara doing selfies with wearable technology. It was amusing, but now he was under attack and his instincts just hit him like a pile of bricks. Move first, think second.

Wasn't that what got him in trouble the first time?
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/2/2015, 4:45 pm

Evander's hand struck her shoulder and she laughed. "C'mon, it's only soap," she grinned.

Sweat dripped down onto her eyes and she wiped it away on her arm, as her hands were stuffed in the big dragon leather gloves, dripping with lava. When she got back, she'd take a nice, cold shower. Probably sleep with ice cubes. On the doorstep of the Khione cabin. Or somewhere near the Melinoe cabin. What? No, ew. She wouldn't sleep within ten yards of that dork, that night in DC had been more than enough. Or hadn't it?

"I heard you had a girlfriend," Chiara resumed, rubbing a glass clean. "Who's she? Do I need to bash her skull in yet?"

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 4/12/2015, 10:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 4/2/2015, 4:53 pm

Evander turned redder than he already had been. "You're not going to hurt her, Chiara. Alice from Mania cabin." He said, his voice a little quieter than it had been earlier. "She's nice. A little bit crazy, but then aren't all of us? Honestly? I mean, neither you nor I can keep still to save our lives, and fight with anything that moves. That surely ought to make us count as nuts."

He scrubbed another plate, looking over at the pile of dirty dishes. If Chiara gave Alice any flack he was going to ram her head into the lava. It was just that simple. She was sweet and innocent. Innocence needed to be protected by those who were no longer innocent.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/2/2015, 5:03 pm

"I won't if she doesn't hurt you," Chiara replied, putting the squeaky clean glass next to the sink. "And yeah we're all crazy but Mania kids generally have a deeper touch for insanity than the rest of us. Just don't, you know -- turn into a genderswapped Harley Quinn or something?"
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 4/2/2015, 5:10 pm

Evander was quiet for a moment. "Who's he?" And why would it be genderswapped? That doesn't make any sense. Wait. Maybe Harley was a girl. He vaguely remembered something about that. "Wait... Comic books."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/3/2015, 6:03 am

"Harley Quinn? The Joker? Y'know, Batman, DC and shiz."

She tried to figure out who Alice was. Small, blonde hair? Could be her, though she wasn't sure. She had ADHD, she couldn't be expected to remember everyone at camp.

"I can't wait for the Avengers 2 to hit the screens," Chiara sighed. She had watched all the trailers on YouTube several times and wished it'd come out sooner. "And Game of Thrones, season 5."
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 4/4/2015, 12:44 am

"Game of Thrones is going to be awesome. I hope to see more about Breanne, I really like her in the series. But everyone I like tends to get killed. I bet Snow dies too." He said, shrugging.

"Oh, my sister sent me some money to buy new clothes. Do you know anyone who would be willing to take me to a store for clothes? I'm kind of growing out of just about everything." He only had pants and shirts from the camp, everything else was getting tight.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/4/2015, 8:13 am

OOC: Warning! game of thrones spoilers!!

BIC:"Brienne kicks ass," Chiara agreed, remembering the last S04 scene with her. And all the stuff with Jaime. Along with Arya, Jaqen and Tyrion, she was definitely one of her favorite characters. "I personally can't wait for Arya to reach Braavos and learn all the cool assassins stuff. Also now Tywin's dead I bet fifty drachmas that Stannis is gonna do a coming back thing. Now he has money."

When he talked about clothes, she cocked an eyebrow, grinning. "Ummmm, ask Drew?" She said.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 4/4/2015, 9:49 am

Evander made a face, grabbed the dish soap and squirted Chiara. "Not that fashion-nazi. I'm not even talking about fancy clothes. I mean, just, you know, clothes that a real human being can actually wear. Maybe some flannel shirts. Does flannel go with orange outside of hunting season?" He meant more jeans, some over shirts, maybe a few t-shirts other than orange. And a single nice set of dress clothes. Maybe a suit.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/5/2015, 10:12 am

"Are you actually worrying about matching colors," Chiara said, growing still for a second. Matching colors were the least of her worries; when she stood up she snatched clothes randomly from her trunk and boom. Only time she cared was for parties.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 4/5/2015, 10:25 am

Evander shifted uncomfortably for a second. What was wrong with matching colors? He was not a slob by any means and didn't want to look like one. "I am a heterosexual male. I have a girlfriend who probably wants to be seen with me not looking like I just broke every rule fashion has ever had. I imagine most of what I get will be something that goes well with Camp Half-Blood Orange."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/5/2015, 5:06 pm

Chiara didn't really know where the heterosexual male part came from. Was he saying that cause of the stereotype that gay guys pay a lot of attention to their wardrobe? She hoped he didn't go there. Better ask to make sure.

"Um, what did you mean by the hetero male thing?" She inquired. "Also I dare hope your girlfriend isn't stupid enough to care about the way you dress. It's not like you're wearing smelly 1540s rags."
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 4/5/2015, 5:25 pm

Evander visibly stiffened flinched when she asked what he meant by the hetero male thing. Between Puller, with all the testosterone driven alpha males, and his own father who harassed him any time he pursued any girly endeavor he had developed some bad habits. He consciously knew they were all stupid stereotypes that had very little bearing on the real world, and that it didn't matter what sexuality or gender one preferred. Subconsciously, though, he was conditioned to jump to stereotypes and didn't even realize it.

The usually confident looking son of Ares had a look of shame on his face, but he also had a look of fear like he was expecting to be hit. The fear wasn't of Chiara, but just a reaction to having been beaten for the latter half of his childhood. He tried to hide that most of the time, but when he was caught off guard, especially when he knew he had done wrong, he had moments of terror.

"S-sorry. Sorry. I'm sorry. That's not what I meant. Actually, that's entirely what I meant, but I didn't m-mean to mean that. I'm sorry. I..." Evander stumbled on his words, running a hand through his hair then cursing loudly as it burned his head. He cursed again, throwing the glove off and trying to get the lava off his scalp.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/5/2015, 5:43 pm

"Woah." Chiara hurried over and immediately poured some golden nectar on his head -- how didn't he crumple to the ground? This was freaking lava!

"You okay?" She asked, ready to carry him to the infirmary if she needed to.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 4/5/2015, 6:04 pm

Evander didn't hear or recognize what Chiara was saying through his screams and the pain. It was searing pain, then it started to go numb, then as the nectar kicked in, the searing pain returned with the nerves healing. He felt weak as he frantically wiped his head, ignoring the burning on his hand.

His mind was working a little as the nectar started to work as his pain went below unimaginable to just utterly intolerable. "Burns! Burns!" He yelled, intermittently with curses as he stood there, his eyes clenched shut in a pain response.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/6/2015, 6:04 am

"Hey, hey!" Chiara grabbed his forearms firmly and looked up at him. "Stop moving! Let the nectar work!"

Evander and her were of matching strength, it could go either way, but right now Chiara wasn't gonna step back. She wished for the first time in here life to have calm-inducing powers instead of anger-provoking ones.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 4/6/2015, 8:41 am

Time crept by a the pace of a mobility disabled snail as the nectar worked on the burns. It was a good thing the nectar had been applied so quickly. Slowly Evander stopped screaming, he choked back tears as the pain slowly receded. "Oh gods, oh gods, why does anyone trust is around lava?" He asked, his voice raw and cracking. "Gods, my head. I didn't realize it was on my glove..."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/8/2024, 12:23 am