A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

*Insert Sword Innuendo Here*

Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female
    Number of posts : 2302
    Registration date : 2014-12-31

*Insert Sword Innuendo Here* Empty *Insert Sword Innuendo Here*

Post by Kwacken 3/30/2015, 11:52 am

To be honest, Leandra didn't really have to attend this class the Romulus was teaching on fighting. She was a healer and knew enough about fighting for the Legion's requirements. She still had to keep up, but not take extra courses.

So why was she here? If anyone asked her, she would say it's because it was easiest to take the class since the next period would be her teaching a first aid class here at the Field. Abrasions, lacerations, avulsions and amputations. It was part of her Help! I need a healer and I'm not a child of Apollo series she had been teaching for the past year.

The real answer, and she would only tell if Gunther or Tib asked her, was because Romulus was teaching it. She wanted to watch him make all the moves and let his muscles bulge under his shirt. She might even talk to him a little. Did she know how to flirt? If she talked to him, should she flirt? Ugh. Decisions. At least he was going to be fun. To watch.

Why was she torturing herself like this? She had no chance. And yet, she just couldn't help but want it so very badly.
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 23711
    Registration date : 2010-07-05

*Insert Sword Innuendo Here* Empty Re: *Insert Sword Innuendo Here*

Post by Shade 3/30/2015, 12:33 pm

Training was one of Romulus’ favorite things about his schedule. Not only did he get to keep up his own intense training and stay in top shape he was also able to imprint his own knowledge onto others. Which if he was as good as he believed he was than he would be able to teach this to other legionnaires and thus all of the New Roman Legion would be just as proficient if not more so than he himself was. As of now he was currently teaching different sword fighting techniques and was just finishing up teaching the ‘class’ a disarming technique that he learned while over at Camp Half-Blood, which was harder than it seemed mainly because the group did not believe that anything the Greeks knew could ever be of use.

After he demonstrated the technique on each and every person in the class they relented and he was able to teach it until he believed they were all at least somewhat proficient in the technique. After allowing them to get a small break he brought them all back in and picked up his practice gladius. “Now for this next trick I’m going to need a volunteer, possibly someone smaller in stature than I myself am.” Looking through the crowd he let himself smile ever so slightly upon recognizing a familiar face, a face he hadn’t expected to see at one of his lessons but was perhaps the perfect person for this next ‘lesson’. “Leandra, mind being my sparring partner?” He asked while he waited for her to either deny or walk forwards. If she denied he’d guilt trip her into doing it based solely on the fact that she was perfect for this example.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 3/31/2015, 9:36 am

Leandra was fairly certain her first response when Romulus called on her was a squeak like a mouse that had just been stepped on. She looked around for somewhere to hide, but there wasn't one. "Um, I'm not sure that I'm the best person to help you demonstrate anything, you know, I really prefer a pugio to a gladius." She said, her voice barely above a whisper. Why did it always do that when she was nervous or stressed? Seriously, being the daughter of Angerona just meant that she had the complete inability to be loud.

Maybe he would accept that as a reason, though. Maybe he would accept it. She could feel the blush on her face. She looked down at her feet. Romulus was staring at her expectantly. He hadn't even responded yet, and she knew he wasn't going to accept it as an excuse. "Fine. Okay. Alright." Leandra said, walking forward to him. She was tiny compared to him, in height and size. She stared at his chest, not willing to look up. Of course, he had a very nice chest. And he smelled of something she couldn't place, was it just soap? What soap did he use? At least it wasn't like sweat. "What now?"
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 4/4/2015, 9:54 am

Romulus stood waiting for Leandra to relent and come over to him, he knew eventually she would and surprisingly it didn’t take as long as he thought it was going to. Which was good because she was perfect for his next ‘lesson’ of sorts. When she walked up to him he positioned himself so he was standing slightly more relaxed before answering her question. “David and Goliath, that’s what is next. Or at least a variation of it.” When he was given weird looks and things of that sort as well as questions about what he meant as no one in the legion used sling shots Romulus simply held up his hand. “Smaller opponents fighting larger opponents can be difficult for both sides. What you do when you are in that position could be the difference between life and death.”

He readied himself and waited for Leandra to do so as well before moving his sword out and down showing how far his reach was with it. “Obviously my reach is much further than that of Leandra’s, but she is able to get inside that arc.” This explanation went on for quite some time with Romulus explaining something, he and Leandra demonstrating it and then the group or ‘class’ partnering up and completing the exercise themselves. All in all it seemed as if everyone was understanding what was going on or at least learning something new which was in his mind a good thing. As it was of course the entire reason he was assigned to teach this class.

Just as he finished teaching the last little ‘lesson’ of overtaking a bigger opponent, which included dirty tricks because even though the Legion looked down (or rather away) at such tactics they were very valuable, his time ended. The class was over.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 4/4/2015, 10:04 am

Leandra was able to fall into the idea of fighting with her gladius fairly easy, but every time Romulus moved within a foot of her, her breath caught and she held it as he stayed near. What was that fragrance? He smelled yummy. He looked yummy. And smart and powerful and commanding.

He was also surprisingly patient, which is not what Leandra had expected of the ideal Roman. Perhaps she had a skewed image in her mind. When the class finished, she wanted to scamper away, but she also wanted to stay and talk with him. "So..." She said, her voice still barely above a whisper. For crying out loud! "Nice class. I think I still prefer medium to long range battle. Are you going to stay for my class on first aid?"
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 4/4/2015, 10:31 am

Romulus had just returned his Gladius to its sheath when he noticed that Leandra had not left like the rest of the ‘class’ after the goodbyes and people saying they’d be back tomorrow or things of that sort. When she first spoke up he was barely able to hear her, perhaps he would not have if not for his training. Turning to face her he nodded after pondering her question for a little bit. “Yes, I do believe I shall it is only fair that I stay. I used you for a demonstration in my lesson, wouldn’t be very nice if I simply left without seeing what you do best.” He replied and then added “Besides better safe than sorry. There isn’t always going to be a medic to save someone’s life. If I know how to do at least the bare minimum it is better than nothing.”

That of course was only two of the reasons Romulus had decided to stay and neither were truly the real reason. The real reason of course was that Romulus was always trying to expand his knowledge. He wanted not to be a master of one thing and proficient in others or a jack of all trades, no he wanted to be a master at everything. With his Eidetic Memory as well as his Adaptive Muscle Memory he knew he’d be able to master most if not all fighting styles he came across but what good where the fighting styles if he wasn’t able to fully comprehend the tactics that went along with them, or how the human body worked, or even how to patch up the human body if need be. “So, when does class start Teacher?” He asked with a half grin looking down at Tiberia’s friend.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 4/5/2015, 12:30 am

"Actually about twenty minutes. Your class got out a little early." Leandra said, blushing when he called her teacher. She could have easily said anything at all about the need to know first aid as a demigod, or even as a person. She could have talked about the weather. She could have talked about Tibia. So why was she having trouble finding words to come out?

"So, you're, uh, really good with a sword, huh?" You complete utter moron, you sound like vapid airhead. She thought bitterly to herself, trying to grasp for what to talk to Romulus about. Her body was tense, almost as if she were expecting a fight, but fights never caused the roiling nausea that came with the anxiety of talking to Romulus. Why were her palms sweating? What color red was she? Could she keep a straight face and not let the optio see how nervous she was? If he asked, she was going to probably have to lie and say she was ill. Actually, she could probably vomit on command right now. Why had she never learned how to flirt before? Well, possibly because she had never had more than a passing interest in any guy before.
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 4/5/2015, 5:16 pm

His class had finished twenty minutes early? Romulus made a mental check of his internal clock and made a ‘huh’ noise. For it seemed he had miscalculated how long it would take for him to teach the class and the rest of the group to fully comprehend the last lesson and that Leandra was right. They had finished twenty minutes ahead of schedule. However what she said next made him raise an eyebrow not only because of what she said but because of the way she said it. “Yes, I guess I am otherwise I would not be teaching a class on it.” He seemingly ignored the innuendo that went along with what she said because he was more focused on her body. Or rather the way she was reacting right now, how she was giving herself away.

She was tense, muscles were locked up and ready to spring at the slightest of movement on his or someone else’s part. Her face was read, signs of blushing and or heat but as it was nowhere near that hot outside right now and he had finished the lesson by letting the class get some water and wipe their face off with towels it was not because of the heat. Sweaty palms could have been indicated by sweat but she held her sword mostly fine during the training exercise so it could also be attributed to nervousness. Nervousness that was present in her tone when she talked and the hesitation during their sparing, so it was due to closeness to him. Her facial features also gave way to other clues of what was making her act so off.

With a defeated sigh Romulus shook his head. He was used to this, and he did not enjoy it. Love was a foreign concept to him and was one with no matter how much insight and knowledge he gained on the concept he would never fully grasp. Letting the people ‘down easily’ as Tiberia put it was also not something he excelled at but he figured he might as well try or he would of course face the wrath of Leandra’s best friend. Who also just so happened to be one of his closest friends. “I feel as if you are not telling me something Leandra. Is it you who are keeping your own secrets now?” Sure he had already deduced just what the secret was, but he found it was best if they admitted it out loud first.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 4/5/2015, 5:48 pm

Leandra looked like a deer in the headlights. In her mind, which was racing a hundred times faster than normal, she went through a list of things she could do to get out of this situation. Sadly, one of the things that legitimately crossed her mind was stabbing him and running away. Perhaps they studied too much violence that it was one of the first thoughts that came to her mind.

She could have made a witty comment about secrets. How you have to keep your own secret or it isn't a secret. She could have done anything. She stood there staring at him. She's vaguely recognized that her breathing was too fast. The girl wanted to bolt like a scared rabbit, but she couldn't do that either. She owed the man an explanation. If she could ever get it out.

She opened her mouth and a squeak popped out, but not the explanation she wanted. The girl closed her mouth and hugged herself, shaking her head. She was still breathing too fast. It was actually making her feel light headed. She had to focus on breathing. This wasn't doing anyone any good. Her vision was getting darker around the edges.

Leandra Kershaw, healer of the 3rd Cohort, who had fearlessly attacked a hellhound with a rock at 8, and had fought in most of the major battles of the Titan war and war with Gaea, hardened veteran of the 12th Legion Fulminata, was too terrified to talk to a boy honestly about her feelings. How was that going to sound when that got around camp? That was pretty much her last thought before Huh, I don't feel too good. And passing out in front of her crush entirely.
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 4/5/2015, 6:52 pm

Romulus was most definitely confused and confusing him was something that was very hard to do. One moment Leandra was perfectly okay, it seemed she was simply trying to figure out how to accurately reply to the situation in which he had placed her. The next second she seemed to be sort of hyperventilating, then she squeaked, which he chuckled at naturally. However what happened next was no laughing matter. She appeared to have trouble breathing and then her eyes closed and then opened slowly and Romulus darted forwards knowing what was going to happen next. “Leandra!” He wanted to yell someone call a healer but that would have been comical. The Third Cohort healer needing a healer? No, he wouldn’t subject her to that by calling out in panic.

By the time she had fallen he was there to catch her and to pick her up from her slumped position. Passing out was never a good thing. He also figured he probably shouldn’t be holding her when she came to as if what he had thought caused the faint was true she would simply faint once more. So of course he carried her over to her ‘station’ where he assumed her class was going to take place and laid her down on a table after clearing away what looked like CPR dummies. Which made him wonder if he should of course do CPR on her to try and get her to wake up, but after checking that her heart was still beating and nothing seemed to be clogging her airway as she was breathing normally he decided against that. Instead he sat down in a chair and waited. Leaving without knowing she was okay was not an option.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 4/5/2015, 9:25 pm

It was right after Romulus sat down that Leandra started to regain consciousness. At first confusion and a pounding headache. Then then panic and a headache when she saw Romulus looking incredibly concerned and realized she was on her back on a table. "Oh no, no, no, no, oh gods, no..." She said, scooting back on the table away from Romulus and pulling her knees up to her chest. She was still saying no until she realized what she was doing and shut her mouth.

She could feel herself starting to hyperventilate again, but closed her eyes and started praying to every god and goddess in the pantheon to let her calm her nerves. To let this all be a horrible nightmare. "I'm not ill, I'm not with child, please tell me you didn't call for help from anyone." She said, her quiet voice wavering as she did. She felt so embarrassed she wanted to cry, and she felt so anxious in front of him. Why did this have to happen in front of Romulus? Because of Romulus. Mars was less intimidating.
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 4/24/2015, 4:23 pm

With a raised eyebrow Romulus watched as Leandra woke up from fainting. She was certainly startled and that was not only evident by her quickened breathing but the constant stream of no’s before of course she stopped. Followed of course once more by the hyperventilating, which prompted the son of Quirinus to step forward only for her to close her eyes and slowly start to breath normally as if her nerves were once more calm. However that was quickly followed up by reassurances that she was not ill or…with child? Two things that would have never crossed his mind had she herself not brought them up in the first place. Shaking his head he scratched his head and answered her “No I didn’t call anyone else, I simply brought you over to a table so you could rest.”

“As for you not being ill or with child well yes those thoughts never even crossed my mind until you of course brought them up. Whether or not either of those are true also wouldn’t truly be related to you passing up unexplainably.” There was however once explanation and that of course was the true explanation and it was the one he wanted to hear from her. Or rather most people would, with Romulus the simple act of her fainting was enough for him to deduce that what he believed to be true was actually true. “That of course doesn’t matter, are you feeling well?” Was all he asked.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 4/24/2015, 4:59 pm

Are you feeling well? That was the most ridiculous question that Leandra had heard in a while. No. No, she was not feeling well at all. Now that she was breathing fairly normally instead of hyperventilating she was feeling better, but she still felt like she had been hit by a truck. Not to mention the myriad of emotions which ran through her. Predominantly shame, fear and some funny one that made her insides churn and flutter.

Leandra rested her head on her knees for a second. "I am not feeling like I will pass out again. And thank you for not calling anyone." She said, her voice still quiet and cracked. She took another deep breath and looked up at Romulus. "I, uh, I..." Her voice trailed off as she tried to find any sort of halfway decent excuse or reason other than the truth. Other than the answer to his question. He would know, though, know that she was lying. "I am not good with admitting secrets." She finally said, which was near as best the explanation she could think of that didn't make her sound like an overemotional girl. Which she might be, but she wasn't going to say that to Romulus.

Gods, did he have to look so handsome when he looked concerned?
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 4/24/2015, 5:48 pm

Her body language went from scared and or nervous to disappointed, to calmer and more focused as if she was trying to determine what her next few words were going to be. After of course she admitted that she wasn’t feeling as if she was going to pass out anymore; which of course did nothing for him he had already figured she was more than likely not going to pass out anymore. Hopefully at least. However when she spoke again Romulus nodded. That was perhaps the best answer he was going to get from her and he accepted that. She was ensnared by the same foolish ‘emotion’ that the Venus children talked about and he couldn’t blame her. Stronger men and women than she herself had been tied up in its foolishness.

He would simply wait for the fascination to pass as it always did. “I see.” For he did not truly understand and hoped to never but if that was of course how she ‘felt’ there was nothing he could do about it. Deterring her feelings would only end with her end tears or something worse and encouraging them would be wrong the best way to handle the situation was to wait for her to admit to the feelings she had and then let her no he did not reciprocate them. “I suggest you figure out what it is you truly feel as I would hate to see someone as skilled as you waste your talents by lowering yourself to the level of a ‘love’ Goddess or God child.” It was not the nicest way he could have handled it but it was sincere. He felt that she was better than that. “Are you going to be well enough to teach your class?” If not he had no reason to stay.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 4/24/2015, 9:51 pm

Leandra stared at Romulus like he had lost his mind. Actually, she couldn't help but laugh a little. "You do realize that we had our entire world saved by a child of Ve- Aphrodite, just in recent memory. I mean, seriously, Romulus, there is nothing wrong with love or love goddesses. Now, Wade and his dad, still jerks."

She straightened out then pushed herself off of the table, standing straight. Leandra didn't want to admit that she was dizzy, it passed soon enough. She wasn't going to show weakness to Romulus again. "I'm fit to teach the class." Even though she now loathed the idea of spending another hour to an hour and a half with Romulus. She still felt funny looking at him, but she was also disappointed that he didn't understand love wasn't a useless emotion.
    Shade
    Shade
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Shade 4/25/2015, 5:36 pm

Romulus knew to whom she was referring and what that certain daughter of Aphrodite did to help save the world had nothing to do with the ‘emotion’ of love. In fact she was who she was because she differed from her siblings in the sense that she was level headed, collected, and was capable of keeping her emotions in check. Romulus in fact had no problem with her he simply had a problem with what ‘love’ made people do, it was a foolish emotion and if not kept under wraps could severely hinder one’s sense of judgement. In a sense, even if it truly did matter, it only distracted a person from being focused on what truly mattered or the situation at hand.

He watched as she stood up, off the table, making sure she wasn’t going to fall over before relaxing only slightly. Even when he was asleep he was never truly relaxed, it served to always be on guard even if a place as safe as New Rome. You could only trust others so much. “Very well, I hope you have a nice class.” He said giving her a half smile before turning around and started to walk away. Sure, he had said he’d stay and learn what he could from her class but after what happened in the last couple of minutes it wasn’t exactly something he was looking forward to anymore. Not only would he distract Leandra from doing what she needed to he felt it would be better for her if he were to distance himself from her for the time being.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 5:02 am