A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Mya's Bunk

Shellala
    Shellala

Female
    Number of posts : 113
    Registration date : 2010-02-20

Mya's Bunk Empty Mya's Bunk

Post by Shellala 2/21/2010, 9:41 am

The number seven cabin, more commonly known as Apollo's cabin, was practically filled to the brim with teenagers and kids of all ages. The bunks were hastily arranged and in various states of discord. Random instruments rested against beds and walls and sheet music and lyrics decorated the floor, almost like a carpet. Posters of celebrities, their fellow half-brothers and half-sisters, decorated the walls.

On the eighth bunk from the door rested Mya. She had her iPod earbuds placed in her ears and she was soothed by the sound of Jason Mraz. Her guitar lay carelessly on the bunk beside her. A stick of strawberry scented incense was burning beside her. Mya was humming quietly along with the song, her hand occasionally strumming the air as if to play air guitar.

Mya had just recently arrived at camp for her third summer. Her mother had been adament about her not coming back, but she managed to dissuade her for the moment. Reika Watanabe just didn't understand, despite bringing Mya into this life. Ryo, her Oka-san's employer and friend managed to convince her, despite not knowing anything about the mythlogical world around him.

The song ended and Mya paused her iPod and took out the earbuds. She hastily picked up her guitar and her fingers started moving on impulse, playing the song she had just listened to. A trait of all children of Apollo.

"Well you done done me in your bed I felt it. I try to stay clear but you're so hot that I melted. I fell right through the cracks, now I'm trying to get back."
    xxxRAWRS
    xxxRAWRS

Female
    Number of posts : 19
    Registration date : 2010-02-17

Mya's Bunk Empty Re: Mya's Bunk

Post by xxxRAWRS 2/21/2010, 5:37 pm

I tossed my pillow carelessly, this time much too far. It landed on someone's face on another bunk.

"Sorry!" I called from my bunk. Hastily, I went to retrieve it from Mya's face.

Last edited by xxxRAWRS on 2/22/2010, 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Shellala
    Shellala

Female

Post by Shellala 2/22/2010, 11:49 am

Her fingers moved over the neck of the guitar as if she were the guitar. Ryo had always told her she was a genius at the instrument and both Reika and Mya had known why. The god of music was her father, so naturally she'd get some of his skills. The words flew from her lips, her voice partially raspy. It was a soothing sound.

"Before the cool done run out I'll be giving it my bestest. But nothing's gonna stop me but divine intervention. I reckon it's again my turn, to win some or learn some - But I won't hesitate no more, no more. It can not wait, I'm yours-! Holy crap!"

While Mya had been playing one of the most soothing songs she had ever heard, a pillow had flown out from nowhere and hit her in the face. Her pick fell to the floor as she clutched her heart, trying to restart it.

"Sorry!" came the voice of Mya's half-sister and fellow cabin mate Izzie Chiu. Izzie was two years younger than herself and Taiwanese as she explained. Even though they lived in the same cabin, Mya never really extended a hand of close frienship towards the girl. She just wanted to play music.

"It's okay," she replied. As the younger girl came to the bunk to retrieve her pillow, Mya handed it to her with a smile. "Don't worry about it. But why did you throw it though?" To Mya, it honestly looked like something was troubling her younger sibling and she took upon the part of an older sister in turn.
    xxxRAWRS
    xxxRAWRS

Female

Post by xxxRAWRS 2/22/2010, 9:42 pm

"Uh... Just bored. I really had nothing better to do, and anyway, I needed to charge my iPod..." I stopped myself before I could begin rambling. "Anyway, my bad."
    Shellala
    Shellala

Female

Post by Shellala 2/23/2010, 10:54 pm

The sixteen year old's lip quirked sideways at the other girl's answer. That couldn't possibly be the problem. Who throws things when they're bored? Mya tilted her head to the side, like a dog would do when it's confused, and stared at the younger girl.

Snapping out of it, she smiled. "You throw things when you're bored? I've never heard of that before. But good on you." Her grin was large and cheesy, she knew. She could feel her cheeks start to get sore.

"Don't worry about it," Mya replied. "You do know though that you can come to me if you need help right? What are older half-siblings for?" Even though Izzie didn't seem to be divulging whatever was troubling her, Mya still felt that she had to put that out there. Sure, the two of them didn't have really personally conversations, but they were still half-siblings.

'If that counts at all anymore,' Mya thought. She tapped the front of her guitar anxiously, out of things to say. Her incense was fading out, almost at the nub. She'd have to change it soon, or actually go out into the strawberry fields.
    xxxRAWRS
    xxxRAWRS

Female

Post by xxxRAWRS 2/24/2010, 11:31 pm

(OOC: Is switching to third person now. -_-' Switching to first person is getting confusing.)

"Um... Thanks," Izzie replied, though truthfully she was thinking, Where the heck did that come from?

She decided to sigh and let out some thoughts that had entered her head since she joined camp. "Just thinking about... You know. Stuff at home. And... Dad, I guess."
    Shellala
    Shellala

Female

Post by Shellala 2/25/2010, 7:19 pm

OOC: It is kinda confusing isn't it? I'm just so used to lit-roleplaying that I don't even really notice anymore.

BIC:

When Izzie hesitated, Mya winced. She just overstepped some sort of magical boundary. Quietly, she reprimanded herself. Locking the nice part of her into a cage in the back of her mind. She didn't want to make her feel awkward or anything, just put herself out there if she wanted to talk.

'Oh, great,' she thought. 'Ugh. I screw everything up.'

Mya rose an eyebrow when Izzie started to talk. Slowly the nice part of her picked the lock on the cage and escaped, listening attentively to the younger girl.

"Just thinking about... You know. Stuff at home. And... Dad, I guess." Mya winced, lately she had been thinking about their dad as well. Apollo wasn't a very...there...father. He probably has barely any time with the ferrying the sun across the sky and siring more children.

She quirked her mouth again and threw her legs over the side of her bed. She patted the spot the just recently vacated, motioning for the other girl to sit. "I don't claim to know how to help whatever is going on at home, but I can sympathize about the Dad thing." Mya smiled at her. "Vent. That's what siblings are for."
    xxxRAWRS
    xxxRAWRS

Female

Post by xxxRAWRS 2/26/2010, 8:44 pm

Izzie sighed with relief, thankful that Mya didn't pry or give this cheesy deep speech.

"What do mean? If he has enough time to make kids, he should at least have time to give, you know, a phone call or something. He just with my mom for one night, and--BAM--he's gone. If he's gonna knock up a lady, he should at least have the courtesy to pay for child support or whatever." She took a deep breath and ranted on.

"That's what all the gods should do. It's really cruel, not to mention irresponsible, to just dump all these problems on the people they gave kids. 'Hooray, you have a kid, and now you'll be in mortal danger for the rest of your life and possible die. Toodles!' I mean... Jeez!" She paused for another breath.

"You know Artemis? Goddess of the moon? Our... 'aunt'?" She made quotation marks in the air with her fingers.
    Shellala
    Shellala

Female

Post by Shellala 2/26/2010, 10:30 pm

Mya saw Izzie inhale, as if she were to start a speech. She braced herself and started to pay close attention, ready for her to speak.

"What do mean? If he has enough time to make kids, he should at least have time to give, you know, a phone call or something. He just with my mom for one night, and--BAM--he's gone. If he's gonna knock up a lady, he should at least have the courtesy to pay for child support or whatever."

Mya smiled slightly as Izzie took a breath, ready to continue on.

"That's what all the gods should do. It's really cruel, not to mention irresponsible, to just dump all these problems on the people they gave kids. 'Hooray, you have a kid, and now you'll be in mortal danger for the rest of your life and possible die. Toodles!' I mean... Jeez!"

The older girl nodded, her lips quirking to the side. "I know what you mean. There should be like a Bring-Your-Demi-God-Children-To-Work day. Even though that would be kind of tough, but we need to see our parents!! We are away from the other, mortal, parent for a majority of our time and even when we are with them we have to be extra-super-special careful because one wrong move and -BAM- eaten by a hellhound or something."

Mya let out a relieved sigh, glad she could vent too. Thinking, Mya thought that the entire Apollo cabin should have a vent session - ranting about the unfair God that was their father.

"You know Artemis? Goddess of the moon? Our... 'aunt'?" The older girl had to smile at Izzie's finger quotes.

"I've never personally met her, but yeah - I know about her," Mya replied. Artemis was Apollo's twin sister, but chose to hunt for life and remain a maiden for life. She had a strict, no-boy, policy that all of her Hunters have to keep.
    xxxRAWRS
    xxxRAWRS

Female

Post by xxxRAWRS 2/26/2010, 11:35 pm

"That satyr, the one that brought me here..." Izzie tugged at her hair a little bit. "He told me about the Hunters. And--I was this close to joining." She many a tiny space between her thumb and second finger. "But I didn't."
    Shellala
    Shellala

Female

Post by Shellala 2/27/2010, 8:47 am

The older girl rose an eyebrow at the younger's declaration. She almost joined the Hunters? The Hunters...were practically immortal (unless they were killed). They stay the same age as when they joined, led by a god who looks like a twelve year old (she had run into them once).

"Why didn't you join?" Mya asked. "You seem like you want too, as if you want to get away from dad."

Thinking about it, Mya wondered how many of Artemis' Hunters used to be children of Apollo, spurned by their dad's lack-there-of attention. It's a huge possibility.
    xxxRAWRS
    xxxRAWRS

Female

Post by xxxRAWRS 2/27/2010, 5:34 pm

"It's not that complicated, but..." Izzie sighed. "For one thing, we weren't allowed to fall in love. I didn't have a problem with that, but I wasn't sure I could hold on to that promise. People can change, and I didn't want them to kick me out for making a stupid mistake.

"But I think the real reason was because of their... 'spirit', or something. Huntresses had to be strong and tough. And... I don't hold those requirements." Her face turned red. "I ran away to Camp Half-Blood. I kept running away from the monsters instead of fighting them. Look where that got my mom." She winced at the thought of her hospitalized mother.
    Shellala
    Shellala

Female

Post by Shellala 2/27/2010, 6:36 pm

Mya nodded as Izzie explained her reasons. People do change, her being a good example of that. Ever since Mya, herself, found out about being a half-blood - she made herself an enigma from her used to be friends. They didn't understand that she was just trying to keep them safe. But to them, she changed from the music loving girl who wanted to have her own radio station to the aloof girl who didn't talk to anybody.

Yeah, she was a great example of a person who had changed.

"Huntresses had to be strong and tough. And... I don't hold those requirements."

"That's not true," Mya interruped. "You're very strong. You deal with being one of Apollo's many kids. You're a good archer. And you have to be tough to keep all this bottled up inside of you. You don't hold those requirements my buttox." She beamed at Izzie, but her smile turned into a frown when the younger girl continued.

She quirked her mouth. "It's not your fault," she said. "It's not your fault that monsters chase you, that goes for everybody here. And your mother isn't your fault either. Even though I don't know her, I bet she'd beat you butt if she heard you talking like this - it's what my mom would do." Mya hoped what she was saying was right, it would seem horrible if it wasn't.
    xxxRAWRS
    xxxRAWRS

Female

Post by xxxRAWRS 2/28/2010, 5:43 pm

Izzie had to let out a laugh. Just a small one. "Maybe," she agreed. "But we weren't so close after she told me what I was. I tried ignoring her so the monsters wouldn't get to her, and she seemed to understand my motives, but I don't think she liked the idea of being ignored. So she did typical single mom stuff. You know. Dating and all. She was attacked while she was picking me up from school."

Then Izzie's ears turned red out of embarrassment. "I was in the car with her. But I got too scared to fight it off and I ran away. I was only twelve, but a twelve-year-old knows perfectly well what an agonizing scream sounds like. The thing thought I was still in the car with her; I don't think it was too smart."

She decided to change the subject rather abruptly. "So. who're your folks? Well, one of them, anyway. I already know our old man."
    Shellala
    Shellala

Female

Post by Shellala 2/28/2010, 7:07 pm

Mya quirked her lips as Izzie explained her mother. She herself had never had that problem, her and her mother were tighter than gorilla glue. Her mother never dated, no matter how many times Mya had tried to set her and Ryo up.

As Izzie finished her explanation, Mya spoke up. "But still, like you said, you were twelve. Not all demigods are expected to be the best heroes along with the likes of Hercules and Perseus and all those others. Sure, some people could see it as cowardly, but it actually wasn't. If you think you're too scared for a fight, you probably aren't ready for it. Heck, I'm not ready for a fight - I freely admit that. If something attacked my mom, I'd run away too."

'But,' she added mentally. 'My oka-san would probably whoop out her amazing sush-ninja-chef moves. I know she as them, she just doesn't admit it.'

She got the subtle change, and replied in ernest. "My oka-san, Reika, is flipping awesome!" Mya beamed. "She works full time at a sushi restuarant, the best in New York. She doesn't date, which I tell her all the time she should, and she provides for us. We're not that well off, but we get by with what we got. Her boss has the hots for her, I've been trying to set them up."
    xxxRAWRS
    xxxRAWRS

Female

Post by xxxRAWRS 2/28/2010, 7:49 pm

Izzie smiled. "Cool mom. I really like sushi. And good luck with the whole setup."

(OOC: Don't like sushi in real life @_@ Tried some in Japan when I was three, and let's say I didn't enjoy it too much.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 4:55 am