A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

light a m a t c h, and i'll be your g a s o l i n e // son of hecate

jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male
    Number of posts : 1450
    Registration date : 2012-11-10

light a  m a t c h, and i'll be your  g a s o l i n e  // son of hecate Empty light a m a t c h, and i'll be your g a s o l i n e // son of hecate

Post by jake. 4/26/2015, 1:46 am

light a  m a t c h, and i'll be your  g a s o l i n e  // son of hecate Ash-Stymest_Damon-Baker-01light a  m a t c h, and i'll be your  g a s o l i n e  // son of hecate Tumblr_nal7x596Aq1qhsod5o1_500light a  m a t c h, and i'll be your  g a s o l i n e  // son of hecate Tumblr_mgqqnwgu2c1qans3ao1_500
    light a  m a t c h, and i'll be your  g a s o l i n e  // son of hecate Tumblr_n44ld4oBoj1t2z7wao2_400light a  m a t c h, and i'll be your  g a s o l i n e  // son of hecate Tumblr_n44ld4oBoj1t2z7wao1_400

Name: dante ajax emmerson the fourth. his family chose 'dante' for the fourth time now. and honestly? it sickens dante.

Gender: male. apart from that, he's heterosexual, and sliiiightly sexist.

Mortal Parent: jasper emmerson. a performer of magic on the streets.

God Parent: hecate, goddess of the mist, witchcraft, ghosts, necromancy and darkness. oh, don't forget the crossroads.

Date of Birth:
    born on the twenty first of the november, on the date that old legends say winter began and darkness fell. dante is also eighteen years old.

Place of Birth:
    he was born in rome, italy.

Hometown/Last Residence: his last residence was in barcelona. he moves around a lot.

Race/ethnicity: a weird specimen of british, german and italian. he doesn't want to accept that he's german. he just wants it to stay simple.

Accent: light hint of a british accent.

Skin Tone: pale as hell.

Eye Color: blue... ish. they've almost faded to a grey.

Hair Color: a very, very dark brown. so brown it's compared to black coffee. to make it simple; dante says it's black, and thats that.

Hair Length: done in a neat undercut; fairly long but not so much.

Height: five foot nine.

Weight:
    68kg of scrawny and slight muscle. he's working on it, okay? he's naturally this skinny.

Body Type:
    he is, as mentioned above, scrawny as f*ck. he's all ribs and no muscle, and if he got any skinnier he'd have a thigh gap. apart from that, he's quick, but can't hold it for long. he's pretty unfit all in all.

Appearance: he's got this sad aura about him; like he's seen some pretty messed up things at a young age, that he shouldn't have seen. his eyes look dull, yet mad in a way that isn't "hey... stay away from him, son... okay?" "yes, mooom." but more "lets keep our hands in our pockets and our mouths shut, okay, jennie?" in other words, he looks i'll-kill-your-men-and-take-your-women kind of mad. the watch-your-pockets kind of mad. geddit?

he has messy, stylish, almost 'punk' look about him. leather jackets, combat boots, denim, denim, denim (but black, please note) and chains on his jeans.

light a  m a t c h, and i'll be your  g a s o l i n e  // son of hecate Tumblr_myb9p4KH151rci0p6o1_500

Weapon: a celestial bronze lightweight shield used for longer runs and a celestial bronze sword.

Armor: he uses whatever he gets, but he has a spartan helmet with a black plume.

Pet(s):  he's  got a dark black stallion named uriah, a gift from his uncle. he stays at the stables in chb. also a doberman pinscher named hybrid.

Skills/Talents:
    + throwing knives, and spears. high accuracy.
    + agile. can change direction in a split second.
    + quick thinker.
    + not easy to manipulate.
    + picking locks and finding stuff.
    + has a photgraphic memory.

Flaws:
    + rude to girls/sexist.
    + unfit.
    + lashes out quickly.
    + multiples of multiples of scars on his back. only a couple hurt, but it sure doesn't look nice.
    + jealous easily. full of hatred and envy.

Strengths:
    + lying.
    + surviving.
    + being cocky, sarcastic, and a little whiny b!tch.
    + punching people. he's got a good technique.

Weaknesses:

+ archery.
    + sports.
    + climbing stuff. just no.

+ wolves//dobermans//pitbulls. anything menacing.
    + horror movies,
    + stephen king.
    + jennifer lawrence.
    + fall out boy, heavy metal.
    + finglerless gloves.
    + motorbikes.
    + rock. queen. freddie mercury. <3
    + pretty girls that aren't pretty because of makeup. also witty, snarky girls.

Dislikes:
    + early wake up calls.
    + mornings in general.
    + sports.
    + social interaction.
    + people.
    + people.
    + ...people.
    + did i mention people?
    + romance movies.
    + cheesiness. or cheesy novels, preferably.
    + animal abuse.

Fears:
    + getting betrayed by friends or family.
    + large crowds and public speaking.

light a  m a t c h, and i'll be your  g a s o l i n e  // son of hecate Tumblr_mxo0z1YiiG1t0mhf0o1_250light a  m a t c h, and i'll be your  g a s o l i n e  // son of hecate Tumblr_mxo0z1YiiG1t0mhf0o2_250

Personality: he's the guy you see spit on the sidewalk, basically. he hates socialness and goody-gumdrop kids who act like everything's perfect. he can rip you to pieces both verbally and physically, but you'll only see him doing the first one. however, he keeps to himself if not provoked by a random act of idiocy. he's usually alone reading something or riding his motorbike.

Abilities:
    + unnaturally hot blooded; meaning he doesn't get cold quickly.
    + if he's angry, an aura of darkness seeps out from him. the air (around seven feet outwards in a circle) drops by around five degrees, and the ground tends to frost over softly.
    + can talk to polecats, dogs and owls. he doesn't know why he can talk to owls. maybe because he's the son of magic?

Powers:
    + can shadow travel up to fourty kilometres per topic (assuming each one takes place on a new day.) he passes out after the maximum of fourty kilometres; if it's under then he'll feel dizzier the higher the amount.

-frigokinesis-
    as a son of hecate, dante can do some pretty cool things. while other  sons and daughters of magic can control all of the elements, he can only control one element; snow and ice.

+ can shoot icicles out his hands as weapons. these vary from length; the largest at three centimetres thick and twelve centimetres in length, the smallest at one centimetre thickness and three in length. he can shoot fifteen icicles per topic; with one post cooldown between shots.he can shoot two per post, however. this drains him quite a bit, but not as much as shadow travel. these shatter against armor (however leave a tiny dent), but might give you a nasty bruise or cut if your skin is bare.

+ can generate snow (like others generate fire or water) and create simple snowballs. he can create around twenty snowballs per topic, with a cooldown of one post per snowball. these are created by the humidity in the air; meaning that in very hot places he will be unable to create these. (basically anything about twenty degrees is counted as 'hot' for this.)

+ can create a tiny snowstorm. this has winds at the speed of around 20kmph at most, dark clouds, and of course, snow. the snow is only meant to confuse, although it can hurt if it blows sqaure into your face. he create three of these per topic, with a six post cooldown. this tends to happen when he's angry, too.

-mistiokinesis- (is that what it's called? meh.)
    + dante can change his appearance with the mist.  he can alter his hair colour, his facial and bodily features, his eye colour... etc. he can create a completely new appearance, or even copy someone else's appearance. he can change his appearance twice per topic, with a cooldown of seven posts. if he only changes small things like hair colour or shape of the eyes... etc, then he can change one thing every two posts. the changed appearance lasts for around six posts.

+ dante can also hide things with the mist, making them invisible. they stay invisible for as long as he likes. he can do this five times per topic with a three post cooldown.

Social Status:
    unwanted by guys, adored by girls.

Summer or Year Rounder: summer rounder, although he stays over summers from time to time. he doesn't go to school either way.

Years at Camp: two? three? he isn't really sure. dante doesn't keep track of time.

light a  m a t c h, and i'll be your  g a s o l i n e  // son of hecate Tumblr_mxo0z1YiiG1t0mhf0o3_250light a  m a t c h, and i'll be your  g a s o l i n e  // son of hecate Tumblr_mxo0z1YiiG1t0mhf0o4_250

Life Before Camp:
    born in rome and lived there for approx. five years before moving to bavaria, germany for another three years. his father was a busy man who needed to move around for jobs, so of course dante needed to move with him. for the first eight years or so of his life, his was daddys little angel; never doing anything bad. a week after his nineth birthday, dante turned sour. he saw his father smoking and drinking alcohol. jasper had been drinking too much, and became an alcoholic quickly. after another two years, dante tried his first sip of whisky, forced into him by his father. it burned his throat but dulled the pain, so at fourteen, he drank his first glass. early for some, but dante was bulletproof when it came to these sort of things. again, it numbed the pain. he was dosed with an aspirin most days, and then he began smoking, too.

his father commited suicide at the age of fourty-nine, leaving dante alone and feeling unwanted. he got shipped off to his auntie and uncle in manchester. after two weeks of being there, a satyr disguised as a tour guide found him, and brought him to camp via plane. thats when dante turned really bad. at sixteen he drank more and more, but it dulled as he started smoking more heavily. by now he enjoys a good drink, but isn't addicted to alcohol. but he's a heavy smoker. he got claimed almost instantly after arriving, and he was sorted into the hecate cabin shortly after. he made a few friends that were like him; teenagers with black eyeliner, smoking and secretly drinking behind cabins. now he's left with some pretty prominent scars of his past; and a horde of girls who giggle and wave when he's around. he finds them simply annoying.

Role-playing Example:
    dante exhales smoke. the light in his cabin was limited; but his eyes could carry on seeing, looking, feeling. speaking of his eyes, they were darting around the room, trying to find a place to stop at. they say that eyes are the windows to the soul... dante almost scoffs, and then shakes his head. the smoke was not only intoxicating, but beautiful. it crosses the tiny shaft of light his window allowed to creep in. he sighs and mutters a few curses, then creeps steadily out of bed. he slipson a pair of jogging pants, a black tank top and a leather jacket, aswell as some sneakers, and then tip-toes out of his cabin. maybe argus wouldn't notice. he could just change his looks with the mist, after all.

as he crossed half blood hill, he waved his hand and his motorbike appeared, leaning against a tree on the far side of the woods. time for a little trip... he thinks. but thoughts were kept silent, and dante wheels the beauty of a bike out into the open. he strolls towards peleus. dante reaches into his pocket and brings out the tiny vial of dragon treats he keeps inside. his own invention, on a little side note. he throws peleus a few casually, who gives a happy snort of fire, and then dante starts his bike. it gives a small uproar, but keeps quieter than usual. ask the hephaestus kids how they did it. dante only needed to give them a bottle of greek fire and five drachmas in exchange, and voila his motorbike was done in less than two days. it was weird how fast they worked. he swung his legs over the beautiful machine, and began driving. out of camp. out of the place that haunted him for years now. camp was nice for some, but it was more of a prison sometimes to dante. it hurt thinking that this was the only home he really had, apart from his dying auntie's. and there he was, driving without a helmet or anything else; easy to be caught. but he never was.

Notes: owns a motorbike called angel. form is approx. 1870 words, without the original 60.
    motorbike reference and stuff.:

light a  m a t c h, and i'll be your  g a s o l i n e  // son of hecate Tumblr_mvqt0mG4p41smcsf3o4_250light a  m a t c h, and i'll be your  g a s o l i n e  // son of hecate Tumblr_mvqt0mG4p41smcsf3o2_250

Last edited by jake. on 4/27/2015, 11:06 am; edited 2 times in total
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female
    Number of posts : 2302
    Registration date : 2014-12-31

light a  m a t c h, and i'll be your  g a s o l i n e  // son of hecate Empty Re: light a m a t c h, and i'll be your g a s o l i n e // son of hecate

Post by Kwacken 4/27/2015, 1:31 am

No to the harpoon gun.

No to the power boost with darkness.

Please explain why he can see in the dark and how that's related to Hecate.

No to talking to owls, it's not related to Hecate.

86kg is 189lbs, and at 5'9 that would put his BMI at 28, which is solidly in the overweight category, almost obese. Did you typo that? Or just do your math wrong?

How and when did he stop drinking? This is a difficult process.

How did he come to Camp Half Blood?
    Josh
    The Genius

Male
    Number of posts : 3580
    Registration date : 2012-08-07

light a  m a t c h, and i'll be your  g a s o l i n e  // son of hecate Empty Re: light a m a t c h, and i'll be your g a s o l i n e // son of hecate

Post by Josh 4/27/2015, 4:54 am

Just to like to add - his father's biggest inspiration was Dynamo? Well... Dynamo is only 32 now. Dante is 18. Therefore, Jasper would have had to be inspired by Dynamo before Dante was born, therefore when Dynamo was 14. Dynamo wasn't known then. So... yeah. I'd pick a different inspiration. Maybe David Copperfield, or Doug Henning, or my personal favourite here; Penn and Teller.

Also, Mandar, Hecate was often accompanied by an Owl in some of the stories, soo it kinda works talking to one, if the goddess had one as a travelling companion a lot of the time.
    jake.
    jake.
    curly-haired charmer

Male
    Number of posts : 1450
    Registration date : 2012-11-10

Post by jake. 4/27/2015, 10:49 am

much editing is much.

@mandar
    - edited
    - edited out
    - edited out aswell .p.
    - what josh said, i guess? xD if you still want me to take it out, then i'll do it. c:
    - oops. yes, thats was a typo. ^^ i meant 68kg, not 86, which puts him in the normal range of weight at a bmi of 22.4. c:
    - well, as i mentioned, he started smoking more heavily than before. everytime he craved for a drink, he'd smoke. it's not like he completely lost his alcohol crave, either. it's just gone down because of his addiction to nicotine.
    - edited. with the plane and a little taxi ride.

@jushers - omg. a wild jush appeared
    - bleh, edited out the idol thing. also, ure a poo
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female
    Number of posts : 2302
    Registration date : 2014-12-31

Post by Kwacken 4/27/2015, 11:31 am

light a  m a t c h, and i'll be your  g a s o l i n e  // son of hecate Seal-of-approval_zpsdaksgilo

You will be awarded 850 drachma. So let it be written, so let it be done.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/28/2024, 5:50 am