A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

The Lion King, and other assorted references

Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female
    Number of posts : 2302
    Registration date : 2014-12-31

The Lion King, and other assorted references Empty The Lion King, and other assorted references

Post by Kwacken 5/2/2015, 6:45 pm

A medium sized mouse stared in terror as Kane held it firmly by the tail. He was standing next to his bunk, where he had Sir Hiss's enclosure. For some reason most of his siblings insisted on not letting the python roam freely, so he did have the enclosure, which he would occasionally leave open. In Kane's opinion, the only really necessary part of the enclosure was for feeding times. Which was what was going on now.

Sir Hiss was looking rather expectantly, following the mouse with his eyes. The son of Dionysus looked at the mouse, sighing dramatically and then speaking in a voice that imitated Jeremy Irons. "Life's fair, is it? You see...I, well, I will never be king. And you... He paused for a moment, breathing in. "...shall never see the light of another day. Adieu."

"Didn't your mother ever teach you not to play with my food?" Hiss said in Kane's mind. The teen rolled his eyes at his pet, then dropped the mouse into the enclosure and turned around. He wasn't entirely inclined to watch the gory death. The demigod whistled innocently as he waited. If anyone was paying attention they would probably be able to place the tune from Disney's Robin Hood.

The cabin was too quiet. Most of his siblings were out of the cabin at the moment, which left not much by way of sound. If it weren't for the feeding of Hiss, Kane wouldn't be there either. He hated being alone. He hated the quiet. He could at least go and sit in the courtyard where it was open and had the sound of nature. The teen shifted uncomfortably, looking around. He didn't have to wait for Hiss. He could go.

"You don't have to babysit me eating. I'm not going to choke. So unless you want a duet, you can leave." Hiss said. Kane frowned as he stopped whistling, knowing that Hiss knew exactly how uncomfortable he was with silence.

"You're eating. I'm not going to sing with you over dinner. Didn't my mother ever teach you not to sing with your mouth full?" Kane had about two seconds of regretting that comment, because after he said it he realized someone had come back into the cabin and probably heard at least half of the exchange. His half. A strike of panic ran through him as he waited for someone to tell him he had lost his mind and was hallucinating. That the doctors would be to talk to him shortly. Did that fear ever go away?

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

The Lion King, and other assorted references Empty Re: The Lion King, and other assorted references

Post by Morgan Landry 5/3/2015, 7:59 am

Maddy walked into her cabin, her hair wet and her heart light. She was coming back from the lake where she had hung out at with the populars, and was now gonna change to go running with the nymphs. A big, happy smile stretching her lips and her eyes glittering, she put her bag on her bunk only to hear a boy's voice talking alone. Brushing some vines and grapes aside, she saw -- "Kane?"

There was her half-brother, talking to his snake who was ..eating.. well more like swallowing, really... something that looked vaguely like a mouse. "Why don't you sing with your snake?" she asked with a grin.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

The Lion King, and other assorted references Empty Re: The Lion King, and other assorted references

Post by Kwacken 5/3/2015, 8:39 am

Kane let out a breath he didn't realize he was holding. Maddy. It was just Maddy, half-sister and fellow Canadian. Well, was he really Canadian? She was more Canadian. She at least knew he could talk to Hiss. She couldn't communicate with snakes, only dolphins and leopards, like they would see any on Long Island, but she could also do more than he could power wise. He was maybe a little jealous of that sometimes, but appreciated being able to talk to his serpent friends. Even if he wasn't Slytherin's heir.

"He'll spoil his supper trying to sing with me. Or I'll get thrown off by the crunching noises he makes. No duets during feedings..." He paused, cocking his head slightly as a smile spread across his face. He ran a hand through his dark brown hair. "Unless you think we could flash mob the dining pavilion, in which case, singing during meal times would be great. Can you imagine the Apollo kids? 'Singing is our bit!'"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/3/2015, 9:38 am

"Flash mob the dining pavilion? Sign me up!" Maddy said, her grin growing wider.

Since it was only Kane in the room, Maddy had no problem stripping down to her bra and underwear then pulling on her sports clothes: black bralet, cyan tank top and white sports shorts. She sat down on her bunk to tie her running shoes before going with her hairbrush over to the mirror and passing it through her soaked curls.

"By the way Apollo's, I heard they wanted to host a party on Thursday," she said, looking at Kane's reflection in the mirror.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 5/3/2015, 10:14 am

Kane wasn't paying attention to Maddy changing, and wouldn't have been interested anyway. He was thinking about the idea of actually doing a flash mob, then he heard her mention a party by the Apollo cabin. He perked up, straightening. This was his favorite subject matter. "Apollo cabin throwing a party, eh?" He asked to verify he had heard it right. The male demigod scratched his chin thinking. "To compete or to play supplier. I mean, Cabin 12 parties will always trump Cabin 7 parties, but it would be nice to let them do the brunt of the work. We could just supply the libations."

To add some flourish to his suggestion, he waved his hand and produced a goblet of pale purple liquid. Once the twister in your tummy feeling passed, Kane took a sip, then sighed and shook his head. He offered the goblet to Maddy. "Grape brandy? For some reason, even if I focus on wine, I always get brandy."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/6/2015, 2:22 pm

"You want wine? I can make you some," Maddy said as she accepted the brandy with a smile. It was soft and mellow, deliciously aromatic with a slight flavor of pear and oak... Maddy closed her eyes and grinned. "You're really the best brandy-maker I know," she told Kane. "And I'm all for supplying libations if they do better lighting tricks than last time -- lucky the Hephaestus kids saved the day."
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 5/6/2015, 5:23 pm

Kane laughed as he shook his head. "Good old Cabin 9. I swear, some of the things I wish I could do for sound and lighting, I may have to get them to make that possible. I bet they'd be awesome gaffers." He said, pulling himself into his bunk. "You know, instead of bunks we should have vine hammocks. I bet we could do it."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 8:09 am