A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Sun's out, guns out (Flashback RP, Private for Ryger and myself)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Sun's out, guns out (Flashback RP, Private for Ryger and myself) Empty Sun's out, guns out (Flashback RP, Private for Ryger and myself)

Post by Morgan Landry 6/2/2015, 3:52 pm

Chiara sat down on a bench, drenched in sweat. She had painful new bruises blotching her skin with yellow and purple and her split lip still oozed blood, but she had a satisfied grin on her face. That would send that Hephaestus kid back to the infirmary for a bit. Their rounds had lasted a good twenty minutes, Chiara and him had both lost and won but in the end she had managed to knock the air out of his throat by a strong punch in his Adam's apple.
    Unbuckling the strap at her chin, she took her headgear off and put it down next to her on the bench, loosening her hair tie and shaking her red curls free. She wiped her bloody nose clean with her rag and just sat there for a moment, panting heavily. After a while, she went to her locker and retrieved her stuff; the first thing she put on were her piercings: snake bite at her lip corner, and single ring on the crook of her eyebrow. The fourteen-years-old then grabbed her towel and rubbed it across her sore and sweaty limbs before placing it over her shoulder and gulping down her bottle of water. It hurt to drink with her mouth still aching, but the water was too damn refreshing.

On her way back from the lockers, her backpack slung over her other shoulder and her shoes in her hands, she almost bumped into another guy. Tall, brawny, he looked a bit older than her and had dirty blonde hair on tan skin, a bit like some Californian surfer dude. As opposed as could be to her tiny height, fiery orange curls and over-freckled skin. She recognized him easily; Miller, the son of Cratus.

"Off for a round?" she asked him, cocking her pierced eyebrow. She may be bruised and tired and bloody, she was always up for a good fight.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1363
    Registration date : 2013-01-15

Sun's out, guns out (Flashback RP, Private for Ryger and myself) Empty Re: Sun's out, guns out (Flashback RP, Private for Ryger and myself)

Post by Ryger17 6/3/2015, 3:42 am

If someone was to ask, "Where can I find Eric Miller?" Anyone who knew him would immediately point to the Arena. Eric was just the sort of people that spent any free time in the Arena. Whether it was playing sports or working out, he was there giving it his all. Eric had just finished his last set of jumping lunges and was done for now. Throwing the four 50 pound sandbags off his back, he grabbed his shirt and wiped off some sweat. Working out shirtless was something he picked up his summer of varsity football back in Florida. It didn't help his popularity that he had more muscles than some of the seniors on the team.

Eric picked up two of the sandbags in each hand and returned them to the pile near the door. He returned to his bag, took a long drink from his water bottle, then repacked his stuff. With his shirt and bag both on his shoulder, Eric began to head somewhere else, quite possibly the basketball court. He was so focused on deciding what to do, he didn't see the short, redheaded girl until he almost trucked her.

"Watch it." Eric began then recognized her. Chiara from Ares cabin. He didn't know her that well but heard she could be troublesome. He didn't expect troublesome to be her asking him for fight. Was she right in the head? He looked her up and down. "Are you serious?" Not that a fight would be a bad thing. Fighting technically classes as a sport and Eric loves sports. But still. "I think you may be out of your league on this one."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Sun's out, guns out (Flashback RP, Private for Ryger and myself) Empty Re: Sun's out, guns out (Flashback RP, Private for Ryger and myself)

Post by Morgan Landry 6/3/2015, 9:30 am

There it was again. Chiara hated that -- people always thought she was weaker simply because she was young and happened to be short. (And probably also because she happened to be a girl.) Prejudice much?

She mockingly sneered at him. "Get your b!tch ass in the ring and let's see how much I am out of your league."

Dropping her bag at her feet, she took her piercings off and pulled shoes and headgear back on. I'm so gonna rip him a new one, she thought. She had been at Camp Half-Blood for six summers now and was actively training in a bunch of martial arts back home in Ajaccio, mainly French boxing, TaeKwonDo, and Greco-Roman wrestling, so her body was toned for a fight. In addition, being a daughter of the war god meant she had no problem getting very good very quickly at any combat art without much training.

But she wouldn't be fighting against some mortal kid, however good (s)he may be, she'd be fighting a demigod son of Cratus who had height and strength going for him. Sure, Chiara worked out a lot and was very strong for someone her age but... Cratus... god of strength himself. She'd have to adapt her technique, like when she fought her wrestling coach, a huge guy of thirty with muscles of pure concrete.
    Chiara remembered what her father (well, stepfather) had told her right before her very first TaeKwonDo competition, when she was nine: "It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog. And you've got a lot of that in you." Damn straight I do, she chuckled to herself, jumping into one of the free rings.

"You gonna move your butt or should I come back tomorrow?" she called with impatience.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 6/17/2015, 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 6/3/2015, 3:38 pm

That may have come out a bit harsher than Eric intended. It wasn't that she was a girl or anything like that. He had yet to find some one who could give him a worthy fight. There had been some close ones, one with an Ares kid, another with one of the older Hephaestus kids. But he had the advantage of being the god of strength, meaning he could hit a little (maybe a lot) harder. He always wanted to fight a cyclops but there were none at camp.

Chiara still wanted to fight him and he might of pushed her to far with his comments. She quickly changed into some fighting gear. She looked really serious. Eric sighed. "I guess if you really want to." Part of him was excited to get a fight in. "Just give me a second."

Eric dug through his bag until he found his athletic tape. He quickly wrapped his hands. He has torn them up too many times in fights. He threw the small roll back into his bag then returned to Chiara. "If you're ready we can start."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/4/2015, 5:18 pm

Chiara grinned and went into fighting stance, her callused hands curled into light fists. She hadn't bothered wrapping them again, she just wanted to fight.

As she sized Eric up and down, she started to think about how best to defeat him. Never set. Redirect. Advice from her Greco-Roman wrestling teacher swept through her thoughts but to be truthful, Chiara had never been much of a strategy type of person. She was more of a, crash in, improvise, adapt and overcome. There were simply too many factors for her hyperactive teenage mind to bother about; after all she was a child of Ares, not Athena.

In any case, the hyperactive teenage mind in question was currently bothering about which move to do, thinking quickly. A cradle wouldn't work, he was too tall and she was too short. Same for a good crossface.
    I'll just do a spladle, she decided, and jumped up at him, her body twisting sideways.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 6/6/2015, 9:00 pm

OOC: I'll just go ahead and do the skip.

BIC: Eric gingerly sat down on the bench, his legs protesting the whole time. He held an ice bag to his nose from which blood was flowing freely. It was probably broken. That was no problem though. It wasn't it's first break. Eric should of been more cautious in the fight. As a daughter of Ares, Chiara was bound to be good. Eric underestimated her.

She was quicker than he was and harder to land a hit on. Her hits may not of done as much damage as some of the others than Eric had fought but she landed more than anyone else ever had. And now he was paying for it. Eric's forearms were already a purplish almost black color. His ribs felt like he had been tossed in a cement mixer. In summary, he hurt everywhere.

Eric removed the ice bag from his nose. He spat a mouthful blood onto the floor. He grinned at Chiara, "That was one hell of fight."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/8/2015, 5:17 pm

Chiara dropped down on the bench next to Eric, breathing heavily and noisily. Her mouth was a bloody, gooey mess, she had one black eye and a big purple swell that drew a crescent from her brow to her cheekbone. Her whole body was sticky with sweat, her face was a glistening red shade from the effort. Bruises and wounds covered her skin and she was holding a hand to her aching ribs -- the Apollo kid said two had been broken, but with the ambrosia, everything was starting to mend.

"That was.. entertaining," she said with a weary but happy grin. Moving up a bit, she took off her headgear and looked down at her bruised hands, the freckled skin all callused from her constant fights and weapon usage. "How long have you been wrestling?"
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 6/8/2015, 8:41 pm

One, two, three. A small jerk and a loud crack and Eric's nose was back in place. It hurt a lot less than a lot of Chiara's punches. He blew and spit out more blood onto the floor. His nose finally cleared cleared and he could smell again, although he wished he couldn't. But still, the smell of sweat and blood was Eric's scent of home.

He leaned back, his muscles in complete agony. He was going to need an ice bath after this. Or maybe a dozen. Sure he could take ambrosia and be back in no time. But after a good fight, he liked to heal normally. It reminded him of playing football back in Florida. Sore body for day, there was nothing better than that.

"I'm a sports nut," Eric answered. "I've basically been doing every sport since I was born." That was pretty much true. If there was a sport Eric hadn't played, it must of just been invented. "Wrestling though, I only did for a summer. I believe it was a couple of years ago." He had dominated his weight group so much it was almost a bore. But still it was a sport.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/9/2015, 11:59 am

"Humor me," Chiara panted. "How many sports do you do? I bet I do more."

She let her head back against the wall and stared at the ceiling for a bit, sweat dripping into the corners of her eyes. Her heart was still racing, her lungs were burning. Her ribs throbbed.

"And when I say sports, I don't mean any pansy-ass stuff like golf or sht. I'm talking about the real stuff."
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 6/11/2015, 2:40 pm

Whats wrong with golf? Eric wondered. He played it most weekends back in Florida. One of his friend from one of the private schools had actually got them a round at Atlantis Country Club. Maybe Chiara wasn't a fan of the calmer sports. Eric mentally began counting, then realized he didn't want to count that high.

"I've played near every sport there is, I doubt I can count that high though." Eric laugh at his own expense. "Never got a chance to get in the martial arts though. A shame, I think I would of been a prodigy." Eric learned all his fighting techniques in school fights, which he got in a lot.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/15/2015, 4:42 pm

"Uh considering there are like, eight thousand sports out there I can't really believe you," Chiara said with a smirk. Speaking hurt her shredded lips but she kept going, this dude was interesting. "How have you managed to do all these kicks and punches and grappling stuff and never had any martial arts training?" Chiara wondered, raising her red eyebrows, which stung her black eye.

Now that was quite a feat, considering both their fighting experience.

"Well I'm into a bunch of stuff like soccer, rugby and street basket ball. I also do skateboard, started BMX a few months ago and I'm still learning parkour. I've also done two weeks of motocross in my holidays last year, which kicked serious butt," she grinned. She couldnt wait till she was 17, so she could buy her very own bike. She had a bunch of magazines on those already and just needed to make enough money to pay off a part of it, her stepdad had made that deal with her. Get good grades, make money in your free time, and I get you that bike. She was still hesitating between a Suzuki or a Ducati though."As for martial arts, uhhh.... Did some judo, but it bored me so I went into TaeKwonDo and Goju-ryu karate, I kinda do competitions in both. I wanted to do Jiu Jitsu but my schedule was starting to get narrow, so I just had my stepdad teach me the basics, along with some Krav Maga," she added. She particularly loved that one because there were no real rules, just fighting. "And then yeah...I do boxing and wrestling too in my free time. And in summer, I'm here," she said, gesturing at the wrestling arena.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 6/16/2015, 1:28 am

"I've fought and beaten kids who have had martial arts training." Eric answered quickly. He even beat up the captain of the Karate club at one of his schools (not his fault). Talking made his nose hurt. Actually, any movement made his nose hurt. That thing was sore.

He sat in silence as Chiara described the list of sports that she enjoyed. It was quite an impressive list, with some things Eric never really classified as sports being said. He dug a rag out of his bag, dumped some water on it from his wattle bottle, then wiped down his face. Eric obviously couldn't see his face, but he knew it was covered in blood. Broken noses tended to bleed a lot. After he felt like he cleaned up enough, he threw the rag aside and chugged down a few gulps of water.

He offered the bottle to Chiara,"Impressive list you've got there. Even though I played a lot of sports, the only one I really got addicted too was football. Of course, I was a natural for it. But it's been a bit rough trying to play since coming here." Being a year rounder definitely had it's downers.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/17/2015, 5:43 am

She took the bottle with a grateful nod and took a couple of gulps, tasting the blood in her mouth. The neck was rimmed with red when she gave it back, so she quickly wiped it clean.

"Football....? Oh, yeah, American football," she said. "Never really got a chance to do it, it doesn't exist back where I live. In French, football is our word for soccer. How is it though, is it exhausting?"

If it was the kind of sports which had you drenched in sweat and aching all over (which were the kind she called "real" sports), then she'd definitely look into it while she was here.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 6/18/2015, 2:36 pm

Eric took another swig of water then dumped the rest over his head. It cooled him down a little (and hopefully washed off the rest of the blood). He ran a hand through his wet hair.

"I tend to forget that football means something else for the rest of the world," He spat out what should hopefully be the last of the blood. "American Football is a full contact, exhilarating, exhausting sport." Eric loved talking about football, well American football. He grinned at Chiara, "I think you would be a natural at it."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/1/2015, 5:15 am

OOC: Hi, I apologize for the delay getting back at you!

BIC: "I gotta try it out some time," Chiara promised. "Too bad there's no team here at Camp Half-Blood though."

She didn't really know if there was anything like it in Corsica -- at least, she hadn't heard of anything. In any case, if she ever got the chance to play it when she wasn't, you know, chased by monsters or fighting for her life, she would definitely look into it. It seemed a lot like rugby and Chiara loves rugby.

"Hey, dude, I'm gonna go take a shower, meet you outside?" she asked, standing up. Her body still ached and hurt as if a team of hockey players had taken a jog across it, but she needed some cold water.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 7/2/2015, 2:40 pm

A shower. Now that sounded nice, he could at least get the blood off his face. Eric's ribs felt like someone had taken a meat tenderizer to them, they hurt the worst. Of course his nose still hurt but that would ache for a while. He stretched his legs and instantly regretted it. They knotted up and didn't want to do anything. Everywhere was going to need recovery time.

"Sounds good. I think I need an ice bath." Eric struggled as he stood up. Sitting down was a very bad idea. "I guess I'll see you outside. Give me half an hour." Time to soak and shower.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/6/2015, 7:30 pm

About thirty minutes later, Chiara was waiting for Eric behind the wrestling arena. She was leaning against the marble wall, a foot propped up against it, smoking a hand-rolled cig. She had cleaned herself up, even though she still had purple eye and a botched mouth. Her scratches had partly faded, leaving behind streaks of brown scars across her freckled skin, blotches of yellow and blue still present here and there, but apart from that, ambrosia really had pepped her up.
    She was now dressed in one of her Ed Hardy tops and some ripped shorts, two wallet chains hanging from her hip, her dog tag necklace resting on her flat chest. With her mocking expression and aggressive attitude, she looked like a good ole high school bully.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 7/8/2015, 3:21 am

The ice bath had done wonders to Eric's body. It hadn't been enjoyable to take, freezing and uncomfortable, but Eric had taken plenty to know the end result were worth it. His muscles weren't as sore, he could actually move with only the slightest discomfort. He washed his face off and got rid of the leftover blood that he missed. When he looked in the mirror, his nose was still swollen but that would eventually shrink back to normal given time. The mirror really made those bruises on his ribs look really bad, which they were, and like they would hurt a lot, which they did. At least he could still walk.

Eric had learned early on in his life to always bring a spare set of clothes anytime you go to the gym. He had changed into a tight Nike Just do it shirt which he had torn the sleeves off forever ago. It was summer so he was wearing a black pair of cargo shorts. It might seem weird but when Eric wasn't doing sports or lifting he preferred jeans or nicer shorts. Some people teased him but that was just what he liked.

He came out of the arena shaking his hair, which was still wet. Chiara was leaning against a wall smoking. It looked like she had been waiting a bit. Eric ran a hand through his hair, rubbing some water out, "Sorry about the wait. I kinda needed a long soak after the beating you gave me."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/8/2015, 2:02 pm

Chiara breathed out smoke. "Bet ya did. You still gonna say I'm out of my league?"

Despite the young arrogance in her voice, there was a twinkle in her eyes and she pushed herself from the wall. The fourteen-years-old walked up to the son of Cratus and made her way with him down the path leading back to the cabins.

"So how long have you been here, did you say?" she asked, the tip of her cig glowing orange as she inhaled.

She was personally glad to be out of the showers, they were quite full at this hour of the day and she had gotten only icy water. That, and she didn't like to see the other, older girls with their perfect toned bodies and curves. She was fourteen and still flat-chested like a kid, with a light fullness to her cheeks and the height of a ten-years-old. The only changes she had seen in her body were that her hips had widened and her waist slightly narrowed in the past year. Apart from that and the gain in her body muscle, nada. Eric, on his side, looked like the dudes she hung out with back home: tan, with young muscles and broadening shoulders. He looked, what, fifteen? Sixteen? However old he was, it didn't seem like puberty was being a b1tch to him.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 7/10/2015, 3:59 am

"Yeah, yeah. You're a good fighter, I'll give you that. You might the the first to hold their own against me." Eric admitted. It might seem a little cocky but Eric was sure the if he went full out she wouldn't stand a chance. It wouldn't just be her though, there probably wasn't anyone at camp that could take one of his full hits. Only one person had ever been hit by Eric's full strength and the last Eric heard that guy was still on life support. At the time he freaked, having no clue why that hit had been so damaging. It wasn't until he got to camp and learned about his dad that he understood. He hasn't gone 100% in a fight sense. But that doesn't mean he didn't exert himself, Eric still gives a ton of effort.

They walked together back towards the cabins as Eric remembered that guy. Trash talk after fights seem to make him remember that sh!t. "What?" He asked, as second before he mind caught up. "I've been here about a year now, I think." He rubbed his tattooed shoulder. His buddies older brother did it about a week before he left for camp. Eric easily remembered the date he got it done. "Yeah, it's been a year. You've been here a while, right? I know I've seen you around." She had at least been here as long as he had. Eric knew that much
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/11/2015, 3:22 pm

Chiara fished out her beaded necklace from inside her shirt and let it dangle from her fingertip. Five beads glistened up.

"Sixth summer, punk," she said with a grin. She was still in the age where it meant something to be an "old one", where it was important, like a social status. "Came here when I was eight."

She drew the last breath from her cig and stomped it out under her foot, leaving the cig butt laying in the grass.

"Pick that up!" A nymph hissed at her, jumping from behind a bush. Chiara just gave her the middle finger and carried on.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 7/13/2015, 10:53 pm

Eric looked at the beads that hung on Chiara's necklace, rubbing his thumb on his single one. Eric kept his necklace wrapped around his wrist instead of his neck. It just felt more comfortable there.

"So you're an old fart then," He joked. Eric did the math in his head and knew he was older than her, but teasing didn't mean anything.

He frowned slightly when Chiara threw down her cigarette butt. The nymphs where very ornery about littering. Eric had heard stories about kids throwing stuff in the forest then waking up in a mud puddle. Chiara didn't seem to mind when a nymph actually showed up, she just flipped it off and continued on. Eric did an awkward scoop-and-pocket-the-butt motion, gave the nymph an apologetic smile, then caught up to Chiara.

"Do you just live to piss people off?" Eric asked, a smile on his face.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/15/2015, 7:02 am

"Nah, it's the other way round. They're the ones spending their time pissing me off," she replied, though grinned a bit. She took Eric's comment like a compliment. Other people were into things like random acts of kindness, cookie-baking and other altruistic stuff. She'd rather hit things.

OOC: Sorry, short post, I'll do better next time
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 7/23/2015, 2:20 am

OOC: Sorry for the late response, work has been killer.

BIC: Eric scowled, confused, but it was only for a second. He was pretty sure flipping people off, throwing trash at nymph were thing to piss people off. But Chiara had a different look on life. Her attitude was different than a lot of others Eric knew. Not that having an attitude was bad thing, Eric actually liked an aggressive attitude. It was interesting to meet someone with that, all his friends were pretty laid back.

Eric kicked a rock that had been lying in front of him. It flew off the the side but left a dirt mark on his shoes. That was the problem with wearing white shoes, they get dirty easily. He would just have to clean it later. "How exactly do people piss you off? Does their existence just make you want to punch them? Or do they actually have to say something? For that matter, do I piss you off?" Eric had an unfortunate knack of making kids mad and eventually getting in a fight. He did piss people off quite easily.

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/23/2015, 6:58 am

"Pretty much. They exist, and that pisses me off," she grinned. If people would just, get the fck out of her way, stop messing with her life, now that'd be great. Teachers got on her nerves more than anyone, their way of looking down at her and telling her in that falsely understanding voice that she'd never make it.

"If you were pissing me off, I wouldn't be talkin' to you. Gum?" Chiara reached her gum pack over, cocking an eyebrow.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/26/2024, 9:46 am