A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Getting shakes and stuff

Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1696
    Registration date : 2014-07-20

Getting shakes and stuff - Page 2 Empty Re: Getting shakes and stuff

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 7/6/2015, 5:59 pm

"Maybe." She responded silently wishing that she'd packed her short bow with her now. Valerie was not going to say that the might run into trouble, because that would just tempt fate.
    "Anything that you would like to do?" She asked, since she herself didn't really mind.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1363
    Registration date : 2013-01-15

Post by Ryger17 7/8/2015, 1:55 am

"I just suggested Central Park." Jace stuck his hands in his pockets. "And suggested Artie's. I'm pretty sure it's your turn to pick something." They had taken this trip to cheer Valerie up. She had to choose something that she wanted to do. And besides Jace came to New York City enough that he didn't strongly have a place he wanted to see.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 7/8/2015, 12:52 pm

"I don't know." Valerie admitted. "I don't get a whole lot." Which was true but mostly because Valerie spent much of her time at Camp Half-blood. Excursions out of it were rare for her. She shook her head as they walked along unable to decide what to do.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 7/10/2015, 3:19 am

Jace turned and threw his hands up dramatically. He turned back and sighed, dropping his arms to his side, "Well you're no help." He grinned, shook his head, and raised his brows at her. Jace exhaled through his nose, "Guess we'll just go to Central Park. It's quite a nice place." He always like the serenity it had compare to the rest of New York.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 7/10/2015, 5:36 pm

"Its been a while since I've gone out of the camp." She informed him. "I doubt that there is any place where people our age dance to swing or jazz." Valerie admitted, she really wasn't a fan of the modern music. Well they liked to call it music, all it sounded like to her was the same beat with awful lyrics.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 7/13/2015, 5:47 pm

Jace threw an arm around Valerie's shoulders, "Fine, since you don't get much, you shut-in, we'll just go to Central Park." It was a nice place to just hang out. And Jace didn't know any club that played jazz. But there was probably one in New York. There was nearly one of everything here. Jazz music wasn't down Jace's alley though, so he hasn't looked that hard or listened for a place like that. Sorry, Val.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 7/14/2015, 1:15 pm

She smiled at him laughing. "Hey when the world you know has gone you kinda want to stay in the only place that looks familiar." Valerie would have suggested going back home but a trip to Albania was kind of out of the question. What with all of the monsters out there.
    "I honestly have never been to central park." Valerie admitted, or at least she could not remember going to it. Most of what she recalled of her past was at Camp Half-blood with all of her pre-lotus friends. Virtually all were either dead or old now. It hurt when she brought them up in conversation by accident and the current campers looked confused at her.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 7/15/2015, 2:43 am

Valerie liked to talk about her past, the time before she got stuck in the Lotus Hotel, a lot. Jace couldn't really understand why she brought it up so often, it probably comforted her or it was just all she knew. Probably the second. What would his life be if he was in Valerie's place? It would definitely suck, he had to many people he would miss. Valerie had people she misses.

They rounded a corner, weaving through the crowds of people. That was one of the things Jace didn't like about New York. How crowded it was. Salt Lake City was a capital city, but it was tiny compared to New York. He still wasn't used to how packed if was after 5 years. They dodged another person, distracted by her cellphone. Jace decided to amp Val up for Central Park, "Well to start off, the park is huge. Almost big enough to be a forest. There is a great lake too." He wasn't very good at describing it. A shame.
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 7/15/2015, 1:27 pm

Valerie enjoyed to talk about her old life, even if it did make her sad once she stopped as it brought home that those times with those people would never happen again. Sometimes it got to her, especially today. It broke her heart at times, but she had to try and adjust, to adapt and move on with every intention of rebuilding what was lost to her.
    She stuck close to her brother, little Valerie found crowds to be most awkward to get around probably due to her small stature.

"I see I hope it won't be as packed as these streets." She informed him, it would be a great shame if the park was.
    Ryger17
    Ryger17
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Ryger17 7/23/2015, 1:46 am

OOC: Sorry for not responding in a bit, work has been killing me.

BIC: The city was loud, crowded and very busy. Exactly like New York should be. Even before coming here, Jace had read stories that described the city and he was glad those tales were on point. He always was interested in cities bigger than Salt Lake City, even if he didn't like the crowds. He never really got to travel much, so New York was, well, new. He practically spent every moment he was allowed out of camp exploring the city. He soon knew it almost perfectly. But businesses were always coming and going, so it was hard to remember what was still open.

It took at least another 10 minutes before Jace saw the entrance to Central Park. It was across the street, a stone tower with golden statues on top. In all the times Jace had come here before, he never really took a close look at the statues before. He had some time to stare at it as they waited for the light to change. He still couldn't tell what it was.

"What do you think of what you can see of Central Park?" Jace grinned at Valerie. The light changed and the little walking man showed up. They followed the crowd across the street, "This is one of the many, many entrances to the park and my personal favorite."
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Lindsey Callaghan
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by Lindsey Callaghan 7/23/2015, 3:21 pm

Valerie was glad when they finally managed to reach well near the entrance to central park. She had struggled to make her way through the crowds, Valerie needed to stick with her brother like glue in order to make it through. "It seems quite nice." Valerie commented, she could not wait to enter and hoped that they might be able to cross soon and escape from the crowds.
    She didn't mind the crowds, she just hated being in them as she struggled to see where she happened to be going due to her small height.
    "I'm glad your here." She whispered quietly to him. "It makes it easier for me to get through the crowds." Not to mention slightly safer too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 12:23 am