A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Let The Music Move You

The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3262
    Registration date : 2014-12-18

Let The Music Move You Empty Let The Music Move You

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/12/2015, 3:25 pm

Alice walked along the shore of the beach with her violin in one hand and her shoes in the other. She wasn't exactly sure why she brought the shoes in the first place but it was nice to have them just in case. With Rabid hopping along side her and digging in the sand the daughter of Mania stopped by a table and set her shoes on its surface. Drawing her violin to her shoulder the blonde and started to play a cover of Halo by Rhianna and loved the way the notes floated off her instrument with her fingers and bow. This was the one thing she could do still and feel normal. With her dress blowing in as light breeze she felt elegant, graceful and beautiful. Rabid hopped onto the table nearest her and seemed to sway with the tune, he loved hearing her play her music so this was nice for the both of them.
    Gotenks

Male
    Number of posts : 814
    Registration date : 2015-03-01

Let The Music Move You Empty Re: Let The Music Move You

Post by Gotenks 7/12/2015, 4:49 pm

George found himself at the beach. The forest was weirdly crowded and he had nothing to do after training. Plus, he'd never go at the lake again after that Aphrodite girl using love magic and then throwing him in. So, beach it was. He had no intention of swimming, just play with the BEST gift he had ever got: a rubik cube from Athena, which made him think of her as his mother and not just that weird supernatural being she actually was. So, the beach was almost empty except from a girl. He had almost acquainted himself with the opposite gender, since camp was stocked with females. At the moment he was really furstrated, because everytime he was really close to solving the cube, its timer would stop and it would bite his finger, no matter how quickly he got to that point. Almost as if the cube didn't want to be solved. And what the hell was that weird music? It really didn't help him concentrate on his task. He glanced around and he spotted that girl playing on the violin music that certainly didn't suit the instrument in his opininon. But what did he know about music? He only listened to Black Sabbath, Sex Pistols and-newly discovered- Judas Priest. Anyway, he decided to approach her and ask her to play a little lower so that he concentrated. Yeath, that'd be nice. So, he got up and walk towards her. "E-excuse me... c-could you... p-p-play that l-lower?" he asked, his voice just above a wishper.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/12/2015, 7:32 pm

Alice, who was too focused in her music, heard a voice but dismissed it as one of the Maniae. They would often test her focus while she played and she assumed this was one of those times. With Rabid now bouncing around the table happily she fluttered her eyes closed and let herself starter swaying and moving slightly to the music.

It wasn't the most empowering song but it was a good song none the less. Her sleek, black violin was gorgeous in the now rising moon. That was her favorite thing about the camp, getting to play in the moonlight on a beach.
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 7/12/2015, 7:40 pm

And, she ignored him. That wasn't what he expected. At worse he expected to be verbally harassed, but certainly not ignored. He respected her being focused on her music, but right now was one of those moments when he thought his will actuslly mattered. After all, it was in the middle of the night too. He debated touching her to get her zttention, but he hated physical contact and you never k.ow how she'd conceive an action like this. Maybe try and be louder? There was also that animal that he tried to ignore, since George hated animals with burning passion. "Um, l said, c-could you please p-play a little lower?" This time it was a bit louder, and he didn't stutter as much. Improvement.

Last edited by Gotenks on 7/13/2015, 5:02 am; edited 2 times in total
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/12/2015, 9:16 pm

There was that voice again, only this time louder. Ending her song and setting her violin next to her rabbit she saw a boy and gave a small smile.Sorry sir. I didn't see you there and I couldn't hear you. The Maniae usually try and talk to me so I ignore them. I apologize. Not that you're anything like a Maniae but I was just saying. The daughter of Mania yammered on as she picked up her rabbit and cradled it in her arms.
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 7/13/2015, 5:11 am

OOC: Fixed calling the rabbit a dog, since l am a big dummy who doesn't read forms when thry're linked in chat.

BIC: He was ignored again. He didn't know how to react to that. It hurt his non-existent pride a little, and he just waited for that song to end. Then the girl smiled at him -weird thing #1- called him a sir -#2- said she couldn't hear him despite the fact that he had talked almost as loud as his shyness allowed him, which for him was a big thing, -#3- and then started talking about maniae. And sne felt the need to state he wasn't anything like a mania. That was too obvious to be stated: it would be illogical for a demigod to be a spirit, at least when he's a live and George was certain he was alive at the moment. Then he tried to ignore her pet once again as he tried for the third time to explain what he wanted, ignoring her statements after judging them as illogical: "A-as l was s-saying, could you p-play a little lower?"
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/13/2015, 7:37 pm

Alice grinned and her dimples started to show again.Of course. I may just stop playing entirely though, the maniae would want to talk to me soon since I was playing earlier. They like my playing, funny though. You would think a spirit of madness would hate it and want it burnt or destroyed. I guess that's kinda cool though, minus the fire. I don't like fire all too much now a days... Alice continued on in her mindless talking her the red eyed rabbit started to look at the boy in front of him and wiggle his nose.
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 7/13/2015, 7:48 pm

Right. Hey, at least she kindly accepted. Then went on to ramble about how she'd stop playing because the maniae would come and talk to her because the liked her music. And how the hell could anyone destroy music? Nevermind, he had listened to nowadays pop hits, he knew the answer to that. But yeah, all that made no sense. Complete lack of logic and common sense. Why was there anyone normal at this camp? Granted, George was far from normal himself. So, yeah, scratch that. "Uh...t-thank you. I guess." he just said and then went one to solve his cube,yet again unsuccesfully because THE DAMN THING ALWAYS STOPPED THE TIMER RIGHT AT THE LAST FREAKING SECOND! Calm down, now, George... yeah, easier said than done when you fail 3.476 consecutive times. That made him... mad.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/14/2015, 1:00 am

Not at all. It was rude of me to ignore you in the first place so I apologize for that matter. Like I said though, the maniae kind of throw me off sometimes when I play. Then again my mom is Mania so that doesn't help at all. No sir, not one bit. It did help in Wonderland though. Now that was a place, mind you it was totally backwards from here. I think my favorite part was being the Red Queen for a while. I loved the people in my Queendom, they were terribly nice... Alice went on and on about how kind her subjects were and how she loved the Bandersnatch and would fly with her own wings and make magic things. Then she started getting into the rhyme sheach and things took a darker turn. She started talking about the Jabberwocky and its eyes a flame. Being wary of the Jubjub bird.
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 7/14/2015, 5:01 am

Hey, she did apologise for ignoring him though. Nope, back to the maniae. To be fair though, if what she said was true, he'd be mentally unstable too if thr aniae talked to him on a regular basis. He learnt she was a daughter of Mania, which explained a lot of stuff. She had gotten the rough end of the deal with her parentage, kinda how he felt in comparison with the other Athena kids. He sympathised. Then she...started talking about Wonderland? And why fid that imaginary place of her mind sound so familliar? After processing the story for a while he remembered hsving heard it in the foster home. So...sne was a huge fan of the story as a kid and when becoming mentally unstable it resulted to this? She had started to scare him. He debated wether he should be afraid and if she'd find a way to kill him with violin chords if he mentioned her condition. "Uh... and what's your name, daughter of Mania?" He thought that if he kept conversing with her as casually as possible -which was hard for George to do with anyone- she'd be as normal as she could.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/14/2015, 9:33 am

The blonde haired girl smiled wide.Alice, Alice Little. And this ball of fuz is Rabid White I managed to sneak hi back here with me from Wonderland, although he was much nicer looking in Wonderland. She giggled, placing the rabbit on top of her head and grabbing her top hat from a passing Maniae, covering the albino rabbit under it. Stupid Maniae, stop stealing my stuff! She shouted at them as it let out a maniacal laugh and vanished from the sight of George but not Alice, seeing as she could always see them.So what god are you from? I'm going to assume someone smart from the cube thing. What is that even? Why does it bite you? Is it a secret weapon type thing? She asked, moving her head to look at the cube at different angles. Her British accent was starting to become more predominant an only added to the look of her being like Alice Liddle, the original Alice.
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 7/14/2015, 9:55 am

Alice Little... sounded familiar. He pushed the thought aside when he saw a spirit stealing her tophat and then her shouting at the spirit and taking it back. And that was part of her everyday life... Okay then, he should really try and be more lenient with the daughter of Mania. Especially with that sick laugh the mania let out. It was creepy as hell. He also tried to yet again ignore the rabbit -apparently strsight from 'Wonderland'-. And George was really pleasantly surprised the girl was able to make assumptions deriving from logic. It made him rethink andconfused him about what her exact problem was. Maybe she had schisophrenia (mispelled?). He had read that this kind of people apart from their problems tended to be geniuses. Of course he had no proof of that, but it would still be a decent explanation. "I-l'm a son of Athena. And this is a gift l got from her. It has a random timer and it bites me if l don't solve it fast enough. Which is always because apparently l'm not smart enough to solve it." he said, a little sad.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/14/2015, 3:57 pm

What a load of hippy dippy baloney. Of course you can solve it. Alice said looking the thing over a few times.It can't be harder than trying to win a chess match against a Maniae. She giggled. Yes she had played chess with a few of the maniae before and they always cheated one way or another but Alice had gotten so used to it that she started winning all the time, the maniae eventually stopped playing chess with her.Can't be herder than getting Hatter to stop talking in riddles. She smiled. Again; something she had accomplished after much trial and error.

OOC: can Alice try and get it right? Totally up to you though.
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 7/14/2015, 4:20 pm

OOC: She can. Maybe the cube will like her more.

BIC: Wait, did she just try to encourage him? Like, was there anything wrong at all with Alice excluding 'Wonderland'? He tried to keep on with the conversation anyway. "I can assure you, it's,way harder than playing chess. Because the cube always detonates when l am seconds away from solving it. It doesn't wanna be solved. Unless it's like Thor's hammer and you need to be worthy. But l haven't given it to anyone to try and solve it." That was because George had kinda become obsessed with his little gift and wouldn't give it to anyone. So, he would probably regret his next words. "Y-you can t-try it yourself i-if you want to."
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/14/2015, 5:20 pm

Alice beamed with joy and took in gingerly out of George's hands. Within seconds the blonde girl started twisting and turning the cube with lightning speed, all while humming 'Pop Goes The Weasel.' She may have been stranger than most but these mind games were her favorite thing to do and she would do anything to find something challenging.All done. She smiled, handing the finished cube back to George once she was done singing the song twice through.That was fun. The daughter of Mania giggled. songs helped her focus and the more childish the song, the better she focused. Call it what you like but the girl loved her tunes.
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 7/14/2015, 6:15 pm

George saw her struggle with the cube and waited untill it'd stop its timer and bite her. But even though it took her way more than him, he was surprised to see it was solved. He looked at her in shock and then at the cube, trying to comprehend what exactly had happened. Had the daughter of Mania just succeeded in a domain where he, as a son of Athena, was supposed to be more succesful? Well, it's not like he was a particularly smart Athena kid, but he was supposed to do better than a crazy person! That was sad as hell. He was just looking at the girl in a mixture of confusion,,impression and sadness. "I-l d-don't get it." he managed to say.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/15/2015, 1:25 am

Dont understand how a girl or my mental instability managed to solve a brain puzzle faster than you?She giggled, calling herself insane.I love mind games, and child songs. Put them together and what have you got, a whole new world to play.She said bouncing in a circle while singing the words she spoke to Bibbity Bobbity Boo from Cinderella. Insane in the membrane. Insane in the brain. I'm as crazy as a bat.The blonde started singing her words in a mindless tune.
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 7/15/2015, 4:30 am

George felt really bad about thinking that way, but that wasn't the issue. "No, th-that's the thing. Y-you solved it slower. N-not a lot slower and in fact that's impressive,,but still slower. And l am beginning to seriously doubt your mental instability." He would just classify her as weird at the moment. He wasn't sure if it was a good weird, but probably if she acknowledged that she was crazy she wasn't. Right? Uh, things were getting too complicated for him. He got the chance to get his cube back. After so many tries he knew almost every pattern to solve it really fast, but no matter how fast he solved it, right about when he was ready to finish the cube it once again stopped its timer and bit him. "S-see?" he said.

The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/15/2015, 11:23 am

Alice swiped the cube from his hands and gave it a kiss. Play nice please.She smiled before giving it back to George with a giggle. Once the cube was back in his hands the daughter of Mania started having a conversation outloud to nobody, nobody that George could see anyway. Due to the Maniae being to close to her mother, Alice could see the spirits even if they didn't want to be seen. The two started talking about wonderland and tea and everything normal people wouldn't talk about, there was even some mention of killing people for the hell of it.
    Gotenks

Male

Post by Gotenks 7/15/2015, 12:40 pm

And... she kissed the cube and asked it to be nice. Well, George himself sometimes acted as if the cube was sentient, so the only thing he could blame her for was overestimating her charm. Even though she was pretty, maybe... meh, George didn't really care about that. And then she started speaking with nobody about 'Wonderland' and drinking tea and... mass murder and terrorism? That was scary. He decided to reconsider wether she was dangerous. And every freaking second she would swing from 'as weird as a weird teenage girl could be' to 'psychopath with evil imaginary friends.' which was even more scary. "Uh... what are you rambling about?" he said, still believing that talking to her as casually as he could would make her less dangerous. Or he was overreacting. Which was the case almost always.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 7/15/2015, 12:43 pm

Alice stopped mid sentence about fire and its burning qualities to look at George.I'm talking to the Maniae. She said pointing to the invisible spirit. Alice loved her gift from her mother, the ability to see the Maniae whenever she wanted. It made for create conversations and even better reactions from normal campers. Going back to talking to the invisible spirit the conversation took a turn to the grotesque members of Wonderland and how none of them looked anything natural but, all the same, how Alice loved being the Red Queen on the Ruby Throne in her Queendom.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/28/2024, 4:34 am