A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

On the run to camp

DarkDan1100

Male
    Number of posts : 18
    Registration date : 2015-07-08

On the run to camp Empty On the run to camp

Post by DarkDan1100 7/14/2015, 7:54 pm

Vincent panted, he'd been running for a while, he was wearing sweat pants, a tank top, and a sweat jacket. He was in the woods now, he was pretty sure he was in Long Island, so where was this camp his mother told him about? There weren't any paths or signs,
    "Vincent honey come back!" his mothers voice called from the distance. He wasn't going to fall for that again.
    "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times and I'll eat my own shirt." he grumbled to himself as he leaned against a tree, wiping a bit of sweat from his forehead with the back of his sleeve, he couldn't run forever. But if he was being honest he didn't even know what was chasing him, or if he could kill it. It was big, bigger than he thought at first.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5513
    Registration date : 2011-11-10

On the run to camp Empty Re: On the run to camp

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 7/14/2015, 10:48 pm

OOC: Sorry for the wait.

Celine was returning from the town, carrying two overloaded paper bags on each hand. She cursed the moment when she accepted to do some shopping for one of her half-siblings. Sometimes she wished she wasn't always so nice to everyone. She wasted a few hours of her day, exposed herself to all the monsters out there and, above all, she hated carrying weight. She promised herself that she would charge a generous amount of drachmas as a reward for all that work.

When she was almost reaching the Camp's portal, Celine heard a boy yelling along with the noises of something big moving each time closer. She looked around and soon she saw a cyclop. Holy Hades... Things can always get worse, that was her only thought as she threw all the bags on the ground and quickly prepared her bow and arrows for attack.  She stood behind the giant, taking advantage that he was too focused on chasing the boy to notice her, although his clumsy movements did not allow him to go too fast. She kneeled nimbly, her attentive eyes calculating a sharp blow. She could aim on the leg - that would make him slower. But maybe he would fall down, making a huge mess. Maybe he would get angrier and then both her and the newbie would be in serious trouble. Finally, she decided to aim on the back. Her skill on archery didn't fail her that time. The monster bellowed.
    DarkDan1100

Male

Post by DarkDan1100 7/15/2015, 12:25 am

(OOC: It's okay)
    Vincent winced as the cyclops roared in pain, but it was distracted from him. He wasn't sure if that was a good thing.
    The young teen blinked in surprise when he realized an older girl was helping him, "Well now I can't run." he said to himself, grabbing a stick off the ground and snapping it over his knee at an angle that left it with a jagged point.
    Vincent gripped the piece of wood between his teeth and quickly scaled up the nearest tree, until he was above the cyclops, using it's sudden focus on the older girl to get there,
    "Hey, uh, one eye?" he called, frowning at himself for not thinking of something clever, then jumping in shock as it turned to glare at him hatefully, "Never mind turn around!" he shouted, regretting getting it's attention as it reached for him, shaking the tree he was in.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 7/15/2015, 6:07 pm

Celine sighed when she watched the boy climbing the tree. She had no clue of what he was planning to do, and she doubted that he could help, but at least he was probably out of danger unless he would fall from the tree. He shouldn't yell so much at the cyclop, although it seemed to keep the monster distracted. Celine focused on finishing all that as quickly as possible. She felt bad for having to kill that cyclop. Most of the cyclops weren't smart creatures, but she knew some of them, and they could be really nice. Maybe he was just confused, that poor big monster. Anyway... She would leave him wounded because it was necessary. But he didn't deserve to die. She shot three more arrows on strategic places, until the cyclop fell to the ground, provoking a small earthquake, but fortunately without crushing anything in the process. He didn't move anymore and made no sound, except for an occasional moan. Celine pulled two long pieces of rope from her backpack and tied up his hands and feet together, just to make sure. Then she ran to help the boy. He was still on that tree and he didn't seem to be hurt. She raised her arms to help him climb down, although he would probably refuse it. The words came out in a rush. "Are you ok? My name is Celine. Please don't be scared. You're safe now. I'm a demigoddess, just like you, and all I want is to help."
    DarkDan1100

Male

Post by DarkDan1100 7/15/2015, 7:22 pm

Vincent blinked, he'd been planning on jumping down and ramming the jagged stick in the cyclops, he was balanced on a branch with one hand gripping the bark of the tree and his other holding his makeshift weapon. He wasn't entirely confident the ropes would hold the monster so he didn't jump down just yet, and he didn't know the girl either.
    "Demi-what?" he asked, he still felt paranoid from his journey and the fact that the one eyed monster could mimic voices just had him on edge the entire trip here, especially since the thing had almost looked human at first. Vincent's mother hadn't explained much, hurrying him out the door as soon as she realized what was going on so as far as he knew monsters might be able to disguise themselves as human.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 7/15/2015, 11:43 pm

Celine crossed her arms patiently. She recognized that look on his face, most of the newbies had that very same expression when they arrived. Distrust, hesitation, fear of the unknown, fear of absolutely everything. Oh c'mon, if I were a monster I would have killed you already. Still, she was understanding, because she remembered when she was 12, running away from France with monsters behind her and watching some of her friends die on their desperate journey to a safe place. It would always give her shivers. She thought that she could handle that situation without a satyr around, but the truth was that she didn't know how she was suposed to explain to that kid that he was the son of an Olympian. "De-mi-god. This is a home for demigods. You are a demigod. Or a half-blood, whatever sounds better. Ok?" She couldn't be awkward in that moment. Act like a teacher as you always do when somebody asks you about something you know. "Uh... Do you know what a demigod is? Have you ever had a mythology class?" Good. She already had a point.
    DarkDan1100

Male

Post by DarkDan1100 7/16/2015, 12:39 am

Vincent frowned, he did read a bit, but he was still fairly young, "Not really, which mythology?" he asked, lowering his guard a little, curious but doubtful still. He visibly relaxed, starting to straighten up from his crouched position, though he still glanced at the cyclops, "One eyed giants..." he murmured, just before it clicked in his head, "Greek mythology? I'm half god?" he asked, suddenly interested, he didn't know all the tales but most kids had at least heard of Hercules, though his mother told him it was pronounced Heracles when he asked her.
    "So, can't it break those ropes? Are they magic?" he asked, unaware he was asking so many questions and still unsure if it was safe down there while the thing that was trying to eat him was alive.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 7/16/2015, 10:45 pm

Celine looked quickly back at the cyclop, just to tranquilize the boy. The only eye was fully closed. He seemed to be unconscious. "Don't mind the cyclop. The ropes are coated in celestial bronze, one of the most resistant metals ever created. But I think he's too exhausted and hurt to even try to escape. Just... Forget about his presence. I'm going to bring you to a safer place, somewhere you can stay, rest and have some lunch, if you let me." She said, smiling confidently at him. He seemed to be a smart kid, as he understood and accepted everything so fast. Perhaps he was another son of Athena, although Celine would probably have recognized him if he were. "Yeah! Greco-roman, in fact. Sometimes Egyptian. Judging by your appearence, I'm sure you're 100% Greek. I mean... 50%, because one of your parents is a Greek god or goddess, and the other, the one who probably raised you, is a mortal. Soon you'll find out who is your godly parent and meet some half-siblings. That's the nice part. The big problem  is that demigods attract monsters, as I guess you have noticed. You're near to a place called Camp Half Blood, and there you will be protected and you get the oportunity to train as a Greek warrior. Sounds awesome, right? I know that's a lot of information, but soon you'll understand everything. Now get off this tree before you fall and break your neck." Celine took a deep breath before she raised her arms to help him down, again, but this time she wouldn't give up. How could someone refuse to be rescued?
    DarkDan1100

Male

Post by DarkDan1100 7/18/2015, 12:46 am

Vincent was still looking at the cyclops, not sure he trusted the rope, but jumping down anyway, landing in a crouch, standing up quickly and dusting dirt from his knees since his weight had pushed him to his knees when he landed from that height,
    "Is the food good?" he asked, dropping his broken stick. Vincent glanced at the cyclops again as another part registered, "They smell god blood out don't they?" he asked, remembering how the cyclops had been finding him no matter where he hid back in the city, and how it said he smelled delicious.
    (Sorry for the late reply, had some computer troubles.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 2:03 am